View Poll Results: Audrey Hepburn's type?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • ILE (ENTp)

0 0%
  • SEI (ISFp)

5 33.33%
  • ESE (ESFj)

0 0%
  • LII (INTj)

0 0%
  • SLE (ESTp)

0 0%
  • IEI (INFp)

3 20.00%
  • EIE (ENFj)

0 0%
  • LSI (ISTj)

0 0%
  • SEE (ESFp)

0 0%
  • ILI (INTp)

0 0%
  • LIE (ENTj)

0 0%
  • ESI (ISFj)

2 13.33%
  • IEE (ENFp)

1 6.67%
  • SLI (ISTp)

0 0%
  • LSE (ESTj)

2 13.33%
  • EII (INFj)

2 13.33%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Audrey Hepburn

not gonna be around as much anymore
    TIM
    C-IEE
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Audrey Hepburn

Anyone disagree with EII?

Audrey Hepburn quotes:

The most important thing is to enjoy your life - to be happy - it's all that matters.

I was born with an enormous need for affection, and a terrible need to give it.

I'm an introvert... I love being by myself, love being outdoors, love taking a long walk with my dogs and looking at the trees, flowers, the sky. ... I have to be alone very often. I'd be quite happy if I spent from Saturday night until Monday morning alone in my apartment. That's how I refuel.

I probably hold the distinction of being one movie star who, by all laws of logic, should never have made it. At each stage of my career, I lacked the experience.

Living is like tearing through a museum. Not until later do you really start absorbing what you saw, thinking about it, looking it up in a book, and remembering - because you can't take it in all at once.

I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.

I believe in manicures. I believe in overdressing. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing lipstick. I believe in pink. I believe happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day, and... I believe in miracles.

Let's face it, a nice creamy chocolate cake does a lot for a lot of people; it does for me.

I decided, very early on, just to accept life unconditionally; I never expected it to do anything special for me, yet I seemed to accomplish far more than I had ever hoped. Most of the time it just happened to me without my ever seeking it.

People, even more than things, have to be restored, renewed, revived, reclaimed, and redeemed; never throw out anyone.

I've been lucky. Opportunities don't often come along. So, when they do, you have to grab them.

When you have nobody you can make a cup of tea for, when nobody needs you, that's when I think life is over.

If I get married, I want to be very married.

There is more to sex appeal than just measurements. I don't need a bedroom to prove my womanliness. I can convey just as much sex appeal, picking apples off a tree or standing in the rain.

I heard a definition once: Happiness is health and a short memory! I wish I'd invented it, because it is very true.

Last edited by silke; 04-08-2016 at 10:05 PM. Reason: updated w videos
    My life's work (haha):
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin/blog.php?b=709
    Input, PLEASEAnd thank you

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SEI ftw

not gonna be around as much anymore
    TIM
    C-IEE
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In which roles that she has played do you most see her real personality shining through?
    My life's work (haha):
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin/blog.php?b=709
    Input, PLEASEAnd thank you

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oh wow, in those pictures she looks a ton like this ISFp Japanese girl I know at UCSB.

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IEI. Fe is front and center in everything she does and says.

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have also seen her typed IEI.
    Johari/Nohari

"Tell someone you love them today, because life is short; shout it at them in German, because life is also terrifying."

Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

from toronto with love ScarlettLux's Avatar
    TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Plz not IEI .. I've always held this strange dislike for her. I don't understand her "beauty" and I find her so meek, timid, and quite frankly, blank in the eyes. She seems dead to me.

Dress pretty, play dirty ღ
    Johari
    Nohari

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Her beauty is in her elegance and natural, non-asserted confidence. She comes off as welcoming and maternal, the kind of person who can make a person feel socially secure in themselves, who can relieve anxiety over potential ostracism.

And yet, I imagine if you were to approach her in real life, unless you were of the same status as her you would be ignored. She was/is much more an idealized figure than a real quantity -- the dream of security and love, rather than the real thing.

Coldest of the Socion EyeSeeCold's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tcaudilllg View Post
    Her beauty is in her elegance and natural, non-asserted confidence. She comes off as welcoming and maternal, the kind of person who can make a person feel socially secure in themselves, who can relieve anxiety over potential ostracism.

And yet, I imagine if you were to approach her in real life, unless you were of the same status as her you would be ignored. She was/is much more an idealized figure than a real quantity -- the dream of security and love, rather than the real thing.
    So EII then?
    (i)NTFS

An ILI at rest tends to remain at rest
    and an ILI in motion is probably not an ILI

31.9FM KICE Radio ♫ *56K Warning*
    My work on Inert/Contact subtypes

Socionics Visual Identification(V.I.) Database
    Socionics Tests Database
    Comprehensive List of Socionics Sites

Fidei Defensor

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The only elements that come across in her speech are Fe, Ni, and Si. Maybe a little Te from time to time.... I see very little Ne, Ti, Se, or Fi.
    Last edited by tcaudilllg; 04-24-2011 at 01:47 AM.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

from what I've seen of her in interviews she seems pretty clearly Fe creative, probably IEI
    EII INFj
    Forum status: retired

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought she was generally typed SEI, like some others here have said. I haven't really found a reason to disagree.
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WorkaholicsAnon View Post
    I thought she was generally typed SEI
    my - IEI

famo.ru:
    Barsova - ILI
    Kochubeeva, Stoyalova - IEI
    Lytov - EIE
    Prokofeva - EIE

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    my - IEI

famo.ru:
    Barsova - ILI
    Kochubeeva, Stoyalova - IEI
    Lytov - EIE
    Prokofeva - EIE
    OK but that's just 4 socionists. I'm wondering why they think she's Ni, which is really the only point of consensus among them.

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ScarlettLux View Post
    I don't understand her "beauty" and I find her so meek, timid, and quite frankly, blank in the eyes. She seems dead to me.
    You mean... those eyes?

You've gotta be kidding... I know, there is no accounting for taste.
    As for type, I'd say SEI is not bad.
    „Man can do what he wants but he cannot want what he wants.“
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WorkaholicsAnon View Post
    OK but that's just 4 socionists
    5, my skills in typing actors is not less
    I have no idea where you saw a list of typers with SEI in general for her.

I'm wondering why they think she's Ni
    you should ask them. why I think - feel her so intuitevely from nonverbal behavior (you may look my list for SEI and IEI, where they differ in nonverbality)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

she's so hot, I want her in my quadra.

Somehow she has this "pure" feeling about her. I usually associate that and smooth movements with Si.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    5, my skills in typing actors is not less
    I have no idea where you saw a list of typers with SEI in general for her.

you should ask them. why I think - feel her so intuitevely from nonverbal behavior (you may look my list for SEI and IEI, where they differ in nonverbality)
    I mean i dont feel strongly one way or another. I can see how SEI and IEI might seem very similar and would love to learn to distinguish the two.

But might your feeling her so intuitively from her nonverbal behavior be more of a reflection of YOUR own intuitiveness?

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

In her quotes there is more Si in there than Ni. The expression of her eyes also resembles SEIs that I have known. Not sure how to describe it but it's like they are bombarding you with Si without even saying anything.

edit: "caregiver" style of relating to others

Last edited by silke; 06-24-2014 at 08:24 AM.

TIM
    IEI-Ni 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by siuntal View Post
    In her quotes there is more Si in there than Ni. The expression of her eyes also resembles SEIs that I have known. Not sure how to describe it but it's like they are bombarding you with Si without even saying anything.
    Do they show concern?

TIM
    IEI-Ni 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Like this:

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jinxi View Post
    Do they show concern?

Like this:
    I wouldn't say SEI eyes show concern it is more of this 'immediate' and focused look rather than the dreamy spaced-out gaze that some intuitive types have.

compare this guy's gaze to hers for example http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hermann_Hesse (pics are toward the bottom)

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ESI

Fi Se IJ

And also, a large part of why My Fair Lady is such a good movie is the duality between Hepburn and Rex Harrison.

Banned
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Obvious SEI is obvious.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've always assumed she was SEI. But I've assumed it to the point where I've never really investigated or anything.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by discojoe View Post
    ESI

Fi Se IJ

And also, a large part of why My Fair Lady is such a good movie is the duality between Hepburn and Rex Harrison.

YouTube - Audrey Hepburn (1/4) on The Phil Donahue Show, 1990

wow, that is one of the most eccentric interviews I've ever seen, the way those to are acting. Phil looks like he is some sort of mentally challenged person stumping over a table, and Audrey is a mix of ultra diva, british royalty, and a space cadet.

I really don't know what to make of her, to be honest. I just see a lot of F-rationality. I was going to say Fe creative from the photos earlier in the thread. The video seems almost more rational than that, the rigidity to the Fe. but I don't know.

I could see SEI IEI ESI or Fe dominant.

I'd have to watch more of her to know for sure.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WOW another strange interview

Ok, she definitely seems Fe creative there. Some sort of asshole gamma or Te valuing guy interrogating her. Kind of interesting dynamic.

And what's with the bogus 1930s attempt at an "upskirt" shot, a realllllly slow panning down of the camera to her feet and back up?

tres bizarre

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

She seems IEI to me for the most part. (That said, I find the ESI suggestion interesting because that's the other type that has entered my mind watching interviews especially when she's older that could confuse me from thinking IEI.)

I don't think SEI is far-fetched or anything. Or maybe I do as I see Ni.

I find her way of talking interesting (it's spaced out and slow) and also her strategy of waiting out the war in ballet school (using the time to prepare herself so that when the war was over she would have the needed skills to move forward and so the time isn't wasted but used). I think she seems to use her Ni (or what I think is her Ni well) in the sense of "following her instincts" as she said in the interview Ryu posted... having a feel about when to wait, when to move and where etc. Her way of looking at changes in life seems Ni-ish, simply following her inner intuition about it while also saying that "you can't predict these things" because she probably sees them in a more complex organic way (I think often people who make more certain predictions all the time are sensors), and is comfortable with uncertainty.

She also has a sort of wise all-knowing air about her that I associate with IEIs.

Oh and in the interview Ryu posted she continued with her rather spacey way of talking trying to formulate her thoughts/memories/etc. into thorough responses that would precisely answer the question as much as she could, but the interviewer wasn't prepared to allow her to actually take the time needed to formulate her responses and kept cutting her off and trying to guess ahead at what she would say (which he seemed rather poor at doing). It's a pacing issue of the slower way that Ni types may generate thoughts/responses vs. his approach which does seem rather EJish to me (expecting an immediate yea or nay response without comprehending that some people actually need to think and formulate their ideas and can't just shoot off immediate answers).
    Last edited by marooned; 05-06-2011 at 05:58 PM.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Slow pace and "you can't predict these things" sounds more Si than Ni, if it has to be one or the other. Which it might not be.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ryu View Post
    And what's with the bogus 1930s attempt at an "upskirt" shot, a realllllly slow panning down of the camera to her feet and back up?
    yeah. totally.

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker View Post
    Slow pace and "you can't predict these things" sounds more Si than Ni, if it has to be one or the other. Which it might not be.
    I mean the words "you can't predict these things" can be pooled in with Si>Ni since Ni is supposedly largely about seeing ahead and forecasting and predicting the future. But generally my impression from watching her is that she is a forecaster and quite focused on seeing ahead and navigating by what she sees ahead (which is what I think she's doing when she "follows her instincts"). It's just that she knows that you can't actually know (really know) what is going to happen in some cases (for instance, although she's aware of the trends of which kinds of movies/performances/whatever fall in and out of favor with the public, she was trying to point out that it's a kind of complex realm and you can't really predict from a performer's vantage point especially which films or whatever the public are going to love and rave about and which they'll kind of wave off... especially considering all the factors that go into making one... like if for some reason "the quality falls by the wayside." And so she's aware that your dream going into it may end up being very different from what actually happens). But anyway I see the fact that she seems to have this focus on what you can and can't predict, on what's going with the times, and so forth as evidence in itself of if it is all about one's predictive powers. Also I could easily see an IEI saying in an all-wise way "but you really can't predict these things" or "you'd be surprised at how some of these things turn out" to someone who seems to want to reduce the world to a more certain or simple picture. (Edit) It's not the sort of que será será attitude that I might more associate with ideas of what SEI is supposed to be.

Anyway maybe this fleshes out what I was trying to say better, but I think this will be my last attempt to do so. I still can't shake my nagging feeling of ESI, mainly because she reminds me of an ESI I know.
    Last edited by marooned; 05-13-2011 at 04:49 PM.

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

EII

TIM
    Si 6 spsx
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

she's so composed and levelheaded - SEI

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

IEI or SEI, she's always a enigma to me in this regard. One of the all time greats, class and beauty.

Mermaid with Stellar views SyrupDeGem's Avatar
    TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sorry tired, thought it was Katherine Hepburn, could someone take back my IEE vote please.

Now this is a story all about how, my type got changed, turned upside down. Just wait for a minute and watch chatbox right there, & I'll tell how Gem became the moderator with blue hair.

In typology central friended and praised, on the picture thread was where she spent most her days. Chilling out, selfies, relaxing all cool, And all typing some people and getting them schooled.

When a couple of girls who were up to no good, Started annoying her & her friends in the forumhood, She got in one little flame war & got pissed off & said 'I'm moving in with that exboyfriend in the forum with the socionics toffs.

So Gem pulls up to the forum for a year without being a hater, And yells to typocentral 'Yo creeps! Smell Ya later', Became a mod in her kingdom she was finally there, To sit on her throne as the mod with blue hair.

InvisibruJim

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

SEI

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think IEI e9w1. She's not grounded enough to have Si leading. She seems much more ethereal and disconnected from her body than Si leading.

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Elina View Post
    I think IEI e9w1. She's not grounded enough to have Si leading. She seems much more ethereal and disconnected from her body than Si leading.

You know, that is a good call. She does seem ethereal and disconnected I agree. That's why I was thinking EII at first, but then I settled on Fe creative. She seems very fragile and not Se-valuing, but I guess 9w1 always gives that kind of flavour.

I think another unusual case like that is Marilyn Monroe, who I type IEI 6w7.

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I've always typed Monroe ESI and Hepburn EII.

Due to her status of an icon, they always air a lot of her movies on TV (or I that’s the way how I perceived it). Out of all Hollywood icons I probably have watched the most movies with her ‚Sabrina‘ ‚Breakfast at Tiffanys‘ ‚Funny Face‘ ‚Roman Holiday‘, but I have to say, something about her doesn’t just quite resonate with me. Idk... I would have guessed EII-Ne for her. She is the epitome of the ‚infantile‘ ‚woman child‘ for me. I mean when you go through her pictures. It’s like... ‚light feeted‘ ‚airy‘ ‚coltish‘ ‚gracile‘ . Also like I watched this interview in the OP, the screen test, and something about her expressions... idk... they are kinda child like. Idk... childish coquettish, woah I know that probably sounds mean. Idk.. that’s just my subjective impression. I really don’t hate her or sth. Maybe it’s the fact that she exudes this innocence, this nice, pure aura etc, but from what I read she was not this 100% pure innocent thing. Idk... this is sth. that always bugs me somehow. Also I remember sth. about her and William Holden being a thing while filming Sabrina. Might be interesting to type him and Humphrey Bogart, the other co star on that movie. I personally would have typed Holden LSE-Si and Bogart some Beta ST, probably introverted. http://www.express.co.uk/entertainment/books/561218/Audrey-Hepburn-William-Holden-love-affair

Their romance had turned the set of Sabrina Fair into a battlefield with both of them loathed by Humphrey Bogart, the book reveals. Bogart dismissed Holden as a mere “matinee idol”. He ridiculed Hepburn’s English accent and said that her acting was fine “if you like to do 36 takes”. Bogart invited cast and crew to his dressing room for drinks – except for Audrey and Holden, calling them “b******s”. When Bogart had his first close-up Hepburn blew smoke in his face. Bogart responded by spitting his words, spraying saliva across her face. After Bogart accused Holden of being drunk on set the brawling co-stars had to be pulled apart by the crew.
    In the end I think Se devaluing, introverted ethical. So SEI might be the other option.
    Last edited by Moonbeaux Rainfox; 04-08-2016 at 04:36 PM.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Amber View Post
    EII
    No
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast