Thread: I've completed my psychology major

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default I've completed my psychology major.

But not my degree: I still have another year's worth of electives that I'm going to channel into a human resources major.

My last psych course, which I'll be completing over the next two weeks, concerns the psychology of learning, particularly the history of the subject. I believe dual-type theory will contribute to that particular discipline by a great deal.

I also have a capstone course to complete, which I think will involve some sort of research project.

A master's program will be expensive, so I intend to pay for it out of pocket and complete it over 3-4 years, instead of 2.

Anyway, I think it's high time Albert Bandura learned about socionics. We'll see what his reaction is.

EDIT: Actually... I'm a little hesitant. Bandura is a big name... he's given a huge amount of credit. I'm not sure if it would be wise to set something like that in motion. He's not the only one... what about the other people in the psychology community? But maybe Bandura can tell me who to get into contact with, so that we can get people aware of dual-type theory.
    Last edited by tcaudilllg; 04-20-2011 at 09:08 PM.

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Funny I learned about Bandura last month.

Took a course in personality theory.

How's your self efficacy? '-)

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    Funny I learned about Bandura last month.

Took a course in personality theory.

How's your self efficacy? '-)
    Very good as regards keeping a good self-opinion, and responding to people's emotional needs.

Also pretty decent regarding computer programming.

Piss poor at anything involving athletics, and I just hate physical activity for more than 30 hrs a week.

I think EM type is more than self-efficacy, but efficacy is certainly an excuse we use to justify our trying to get out of certain kinds of work. I think it also determines what kinds of work we feel justified in putting ourselves into conflict with others over doing, and which we accept as a possible responsibility of ours to undertake.

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tcaudilllg View Post
    But not my degree: I still have another year's worth of electives that I'm going to channel into a human resources major.

My last psych course, which I'll be completing over the next two weeks, concerns the psychology of learning, particularly the history of the subject. I believe dual-type theory will contribute to that particular discipline by a great deal.

I also have a capstone course to complete, which I think will involve some sort of research project.

A master's program will be expensive, so I intend to pay for it out of pocket and complete it over 3-4 years, instead of 2.

Anyway, I think it's high time Albert Bandura learned about socionics. We'll see what his reaction is.

EDIT: Actually... I'm a little hesitant. Bandura is a big name... he's given a huge amount of credit. I'm not sure if it would be wise to set something like that in motion. He's not the only one... what about the other people in the psychology community? But maybe Bandura can tell me who to get into contact with, so that we can get people aware of dual-type theory.
    Congratulations. What kind of masters do you want to get? Also, how do you plan on talking to Bandura?
    “No psychologist should pretend to understand what he does not understand... Only fools and charlatans know everything and understand nothing.” -Anton Chekhov

http://kevan.org/johari?name=Bardia0
    http://kevan.org/nohari?name=Bardia0

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Congrats.

You may be wise to hold off on pushing socionics theories at big names untill you've attained some credentials (e.g. a doctorate in psychology). Otherwise you risk not being taken seriously. I suppose it couldn't hurt giving it a shot, but I doubt it will go over well and that you'll just find yourself discouraged if you do try. Also, if your ultimate aim is to build support behind your own socionics theories, you'd be smart to first build support behind conventional socionics. Nobody will give an ounce of their time to a theory that is built atop another theory they have never heard of or consider bullshit.

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's a good question. I've thought about an industrial psychology major, but due to the lack of knowledge about the supersocion, quite frankly, that field is not what it could be. Also, industrial psychology tends to be oriented towards exploitation by business -- it is not a worker-friendly field. I am, in fact, stopping just short of calling the field unethical.

I plan to get into contact with Bandura by email. I think it would be a good idea to recommend Filatova's book, but of course the main thing as concerns him, is the EM type. I do think that a reading of Filatova, however, would prepare him for to understand the EM type thesis. And it would probably be less galling than reading Rick's site, particularly in that Rick does not have a psychology degree.

In fact, I'm ordering a copy right now, so that I can cite it. Darn, I wonder if I could get an autographed copy...?

I think Bandura et al. would get along with the socionists ok -- they just need awareness of their existence.

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy View Post
    Congrats.

You may be wise to hold off on pushing socionics theories at big names untill you've attained some credentials (e.g. a doctorate in psychology). Otherwise you risk not being taken seriously. I suppose it couldn't hurt giving it a shot, but I doubt it will go over well and that you'll just find yourself discouraged if you do try. Also, if your ultimate aim is to build support behind your own socionics theories, you'd be smart to first build support behind conventional socionics. Nobody will give an ounce of their time to a theory that is built atop another theory they have never heard of or consider bullshit.
    I don't think that's possible Timmy. There is a reason socionics doesn't go over well in the west... the types are one thing, but the relations just do not jive in our culture of free-will. People don't want to think about them. Socionics is basically MBTI extended, there you have another problem. The way to break out of the system is to leapfrog over it with dual-type theory, in which there is enormous psychological and social potential.

There is another way, would involve trying to get empirical evidence of the existence of type by typing a sample of people and comparing their brain readouts with EEGs, MRIs, etc. But it doesn't seem like those two roads are mutually exclusive. Here's a question: what, if anything, has held back empirical type research to this point?

Banned
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

gratz tcaud. Take creative writing. Use the elements to construct your stories.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by crazedratsshadow View Post
    gratz tcaud. Take creative writing. Use the elements to construct your stories.
    Concur
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm far more interested in setting in motion a real life epic.

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tcaudilllg View Post
    particularly in that Rick does not have a psychology degree.
    wait, I thought he was a psychologist??

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    wait, I thought he was a psychologist??
    He's a teacher who knows psychologists.

Technically the most authoritative person on this forum is April. Seems like CuriousSoul is a psychologist also but... I don't think many people take him very seriously, because he doesn't think deeply enough about what he claims.

Rick has authority by association: he knows the socionists personally and has access to their information. It's really a matter of relation to the establishment, however -- the point is not to become an authority, but to get socionics-related work in motion. Particularly with respect to information metabolism. Which means what's needed is relationship-building, not just the spread of information. There is no relationship between the Ukrainians and the Americans, and that should change.
    Last edited by tcaudilllg; 04-21-2011 at 07:23 AM.

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ah oke. didn't know that. thx.

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ah that felt great. I feel great tonight. But, with relieved stress comes responsibility. Time to really explain what the supersocion theory is and what it means, not all of which will be easy.

TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default x

Congratulations, TC
    ILE "Searcher"
    Socionics: ENTp
    DCNH: Dominant --> perhaps Normalizing
    Enneagram: 7w6 "Enthusiast"
    MBTI: ENTJ "Field Marshall" or ENTP "Inventor"
    Astrological sign: Aquarius

To learn, read. To know, write. To master, teach.