Thread: Win Butler/Arcade Fire

Big Sister IS watchIng me Sleep HERO's Avatar
    420 funny town
    25 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

Default Win Butler/Arcade Fire

Win Butler

I'm fairly certain that he's IEI and that Régine Chassagne, his wife and bandmate, is SLE. Regarding subtypes, I'm not really as certain. Perhaps Ni-INFp (H-IEI) [INFp-ISFp] for Win Butler, and Se-ESTp (C-SLE) [INFp-ENTp] for Régine Chassagne.

Here's my current typing of Win Butler:

INFp --- --- Romantic
    using 2 subtypes: Intuitive Romantic (Ni-INFp)
    using 4 subtypes: Harmonizing Romantic (H-INFp)
    using 8 subtypes: Experiential (or Self-Perceptive) Romantic (Si-INFp)
    using 16 subtypes: Joie de Vivre (or Peaceful) Romantic (INFp-ISFp)

Here are the pictures:

Here's the wikipedia link:

'He also worked with the administration to establish "Winter Thaw," in which students got a long weekend's worth of rest in the middle of typically cold, grueling New England winters.'

Here's some of what Robert Christgau had to say:

'Funeral [Merge, 2004]
    First you notice that the opener really is kinda gorgeous, with its twin-xylophone-echoed piano flourish and all. Then you isolate Win Butler's sob and fantasize about throttling the twit, an immature impulse unmitigated by the lyrics, which are histrionic even for a guy who's just lost a grandparent (or whoever). But if you keep at it till the next song, which tells the story of his runaway older brother getting bitten by a vampire, you begin to admire his resilience--he's retained a sense of the ridiculous, which is more than you can say of most young twits who sing about losing a grandparent (or whoever). And that's how the album goes--too fond of drama, but aware of its small place in the big world, and usually beautiful. N.B.: if you're considering Montreal, which is certainly my favorite Canadian place, the ex-Texans and -Haitian here want to make clear that it's horribly cold. A-

Neon Bible [Merge, 2007]
    To remind us that anxiety is in his bones, Win Butler refurbishes the 2003 plaint "No Cars Go" as a football cheer about the safe place just before sleep. But everywhere else he emerges from his precious privacy and names the things he has to be afraid of, things he shares with all of us -- religions run amok, rising tides, the surveillance state, a cowboy-in-chief with so little to lose he could start World War III on a dare. He doesn't tame his fears by naming them, or hint that they can be overcome, although in "The Well and the Lighthouse," he advises the lighthouse: "If you leave, them ships are gonna wreck." But he and his large band of unarty art-rockers rock so hard and so beautiful they can propel anyone who listens past the end of the record. They thud rather than thunder. But what a loud and joyous thud it is. A+'

Here are the songs:

Kristen Pfaff and Kurt Donald Cobain didn't like the scene anyhow

everywhere at once
    201 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

I was just looking at him yesterday actually. INFp seems to fit. This pic in particular seems super Ni:
    "And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don't believe in magic will never find it." -Roald Dahl
    It's pretty cool

165 Post(s)
    1 Thread(s)

Which NF is he.