Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 58

Thread: Most intimidating type?

  1. #1
    I'm back, assholes! Herzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    TIM
    SLE
    Posts
    5,098
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

    Default Most intimidating type?

    What do you guys consider the most intimidating type? Also, briefly explain why you consider them intimidating.


    My guess is that it's probably your supervisor, although this obviously isn't true in all cases. What do you guys think?
    , Se-sub
    8w8-3w8-7w8 sx/sx

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    694
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    IEI subtype

  3. #3
    Hot Message FDG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Freiburg im Breisgau
    TIM
    ENTj
    Posts
    15,635
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I don't find many types to be intimidating;

    that said, I say speaking objectively ISTj sensory subtype.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

  4. #4
    aka Slacker Slacker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    North Korea
    TIM
    IEE
    Posts
    8,819
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    The trait I find most intimidating is organization. People who are really well organized are amazing. So anyone with a strong has the potential to intimidate me.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain


    You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

  5. #5
    Joy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    SEE-Se
    Posts
    24,501
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I honestly can't think of anyone who intimidates me.
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

    Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

  6. #6
    Joy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    SEE-Se
    Posts
    24,501
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Fat people.
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

    Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

  7. #7
    Kristiina's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Estonia, Tartu
    Posts
    4,021
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    ISFp. Never know what they'll do or say next. They make me tense.
    EIE, ENFj, intuitive subtype.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

    Cool ILI hubbys are better than LSIs any time!

    Old blog: http://firsttimeinusa.blogspot.com/
    New blog: http://having-a-kid.blogspot.com/

  8. #8
    jessica129's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    10,122
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    ESFJ's......they're scary.

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    1,018
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Other INFps.

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    i forgot
    Posts
    558
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    probably ESTjs. They intimidate me with their stupidity. These folks, act on, stand by, and chart, forcefully, the course of people's life on their own shitty conclusions. God.
    thing.

  11. #11

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,074
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MySaviour
    probably ESTjs. They intimidate me with their stupidity. These folks, act on, stand by, and chart, forcefully, the course of people's life on their own shitty conclusions. God.
    ... and so do INTPs...
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!


    Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

  12. #12

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    i forgot
    Posts
    558
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocky
    Quote Originally Posted by MySaviour
    probably ESTjs. They intimidate me with their stupidity. These folks, act on, stand by, and chart, forcefully, the course of people's life on their own shitty conclusions. God.
    ... and so do INTPs...
    What? INTps act?
    thing.

  13. #13

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,074
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Well no, but they can criticize and verbally force their beliefs onto people, believing that they know what's right for everyone. But only some INTPs apparently.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!


    Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

  14. #14

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    i forgot
    Posts
    558
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocky
    Well no, but they can criticize and verbally force their beliefs onto people, believing that they know what's right for everyone. But only some INTPs apparently.
    I can't really disagree with you, but ESTj's are out of control man. The kiddie INTp shit doesn't hold a candle, generally, to what ESTj's (and other types, obviously) see as their right to do. What you have to see is that I'm not limiting these traits to just an ESTj, but rather I am using them to provide a reason as to why I generally don't like ESTjs. Even if I am overbearing myself, I can't help but NOT like others who force themselves onto other people.

    (I say I'm overbearing, but I don't really think that I am. In fact, I let most everything slide, because I just can't find the energy, or reason, to say anything).

    Also, I see a difference between defending one's beliefs and PUSHING one's beliefs onto another, for whatever reason. While I like to think that I defend my beliefs (and am proud when I have successfully done so), I don't think I force them onto anyone. heh.
    thing.

  15. #15

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    5,101
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MySaviour
    probably ESTjs. They intimidate me with their stupidity. These folks, act on, stand by, and chart, forcefully, the course of people's life on their own shitty conclusions. God.
    I think stupidity is the wrong word here...more like stubborn or strong willed. As far as Us making shitty conclusions, that all of course depends on what you're talking about. It's definitely Not the argument I'd like to get into on a message board, but you're saying with this statement that ESTJ's are always wrong in their thinking...

    Quote Originally Posted by MySaviour
    I can't really disagree with you, but ESTj's are out of control man. The kiddie INTp shit doesn't hold a candle, generally, to what ESTj's (and other types, obviously) see as their right to do. What you have to see is that I'm not limiting these traits to just an ESTj, but rather I am using them to provide a reason as to why I generally don't like ESTjs. Even if I am overbearing myself, I can't help but NOT like others who force themselves onto other people.

    (I say I'm overbearing, but I don't really think that I am. In fact, I let most everything slide, because I just can't find the energy, or reason, to say anything).

    Also, I see a difference between defending one's beliefs and PUSHING one's beliefs onto another, for whatever reason. While I like to think that I defend my beliefs (and am proud when I have successfully done so), I don't think I force them onto anyone. heh.
    Do you not see how this entire statement is you trying to push your belief of why ESTJ's suck onto other people? Like I said, I'm not wanting to argue here but you're coming off as a total Dick, and I just wanted to point that out to you.
    I would however like to hear about an experience with an ESTJ that makes you see this type as a whole this way?

  16. #16
    Hot Message FDG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Freiburg im Breisgau
    TIM
    ENTj
    Posts
    15,635
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I think it's a clear example of skewed perception, that is, the people that are ESTjs but that aren't particularly overbearing will end up not being typed as ESTj, therefore continuing the legacy of identification of overbearing as ESTj.

    Never had any problem of overbearingness with ESTjs but hey, I'm another dominant, so of course I don't perceive anyone as overbearing.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

  17. #17

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    i forgot
    Posts
    558
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cracka
    Quote Originally Posted by MySaviour
    probably ESTjs. They intimidate me with their stupidity. These folks, act on, stand by, and chart, forcefully, the course of people's life on their own shitty conclusions. God.
    I think stupidity is the wrong word here...more like stubborn or strong willed. As far as Us making shitty conclusions, that all of course depends on what you're talking about. It's definitely Not the argument I'd like to get into on a message board, but you're saying with this statement that ESTJ's are always wrong in their thinking...

    Quote Originally Posted by MySaviour
    I can't really disagree with you, but ESTj's are out of control man. The kiddie INTp shit doesn't hold a candle, generally, to what ESTj's (and other types, obviously) see as their right to do. What you have to see is that I'm not limiting these traits to just an ESTj, but rather I am using them to provide a reason as to why I generally don't like ESTjs. Even if I am overbearing myself, I can't help but NOT like others who force themselves onto other people.

    (I say I'm overbearing, but I don't really think that I am. In fact, I let most everything slide, because I just can't find the energy, or reason, to say anything).

    Also, I see a difference between defending one's beliefs and PUSHING one's beliefs onto another, for whatever reason. While I like to think that I defend my beliefs (and am proud when I have successfully done so), I don't think I force them onto anyone. heh.
    Do you not see how this entire statement is you trying to push your belief of why ESTJ's suck onto other people? Like I said, I'm not wanting to argue here but you're coming off as a total Dick, and I just wanted to point that out to you.
    I would however like to hear about an experience with an ESTJ that makes you see this type as a whole this way?
    I maybe should have littered my response with the "tends to" and "maybes," but I don't regret not doing so. I don't like and am intimidated by people who are similar to what I described in my previous post, that I will stand by, because it is true for me. As for tacking all those words to the ESTj personality type, I did that because that is the specific characteristic of the typical ESTj that really gets to me. I thought I made that clear. Of course I sound like a dick, I just insulted you, in a "roundabout way."

    I stand by my use of the word stupid, because I am talking about the (frequent) instances in which ESTjs tend to become stubborn/stuck in their beliefs, and then start physically forcing the hand of those around them, although those around them have their own direction in mind. Is it so hard to understand what I am talking about here?

    Do you not see how this entire statement is you trying to push your belief of why ESTJ's suck onto other people?

    No, I do not see how I am pushing/forcing my beliefs on anyone. Please educate me. In that last post I stated my beliefs, and in this post I am defending them, pending more information.

    What would make me a force would be the act of going out and imprisoning everyone who disagreed with my viewpoint, or firing them from my place of employment, or thinking of them as the scum of the earth AND afterwards trying to reduce them, physically, to nothing more than scum.

    Before you continue, do you understand what I am saying?
    thing.

  18. #18
    Mariano Rajoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,120
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    i think this brings up a broader issue of making generalizations about an entire type from a limited experience. i know i do this as well; being able to type someone then filing away observed behaviors under the category. but how valid is this? in this instance, it would seem that the larger population sample we have, the more accurate and valid our descriptions will be. for better or worse, i often hold the judgements about the validity of personality descriptions by the type themselves to be the deciding factor.
    LII
    that is what i was getting at. if there is an inescapable appropriation that is required in the act of understanding, this brings into question the validity of socionics in describing what is real, and hence stubborn contradictions that continue to plague me.

  19. #19

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    5,101
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I do see your point MySaviour, it's a rather extreme view but I do see where you are coming from, I'm just not about to start an argument about it. :wink:

  20. #20

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    i forgot
    Posts
    558
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Wow.. this is a thread about personal bias.. everyone states who intimidates then, and things are fine.. I chime in, and then bullshit, because I offended some dude. Oh, my.
    thing.

  21. #21
    Creepy-aurora_faerie

    Default

    Uhm, sometimes other INFp's.
    ENTj's
    ESFj's
    ISFj's



    Uhm.....

  22. #22
    Mariano Rajoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,120
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MySaviour
    Wow.. this is a thread about personal bias.. everyone states who intimidates then, and things are fine.. I chime in, and then bullshit, because I offended some dude. Oh, my.
    not so much bullshit as much as unintentionally straying off topic. sorry.

    and i don't find any types intimidating. i do find some types enviable though. enfp/infp/estp.
    LII
    that is what i was getting at. if there is an inescapable appropriation that is required in the act of understanding, this brings into question the validity of socionics in describing what is real, and hence stubborn contradictions that continue to plague me.

  23. #23
    Creepy-Diana

    Default

    .

  24. #24

    Default

    estj.. they think they're perfect

  25. #25
    from toronto with love ScarlettLux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario
    TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Posts
    3,401
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I've never had any contact with my supervisor (ENTj) so I can't weigh in on that note..

    I think I find seeking people quite intimidating.. well actually, I just find intimidating in general. ISTps are scary usually, but I think I'm more intimidated by very loud extraverts (if they don't talk to me, I mean) in groups..


    Dress pretty, play dirty ღ
    Johari
    Nohari

  26. #26
    Don't forget the the thehotelambush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    TIM
    LII
    Posts
    6,633
    Mentioned
    160 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Like FDG, I think ISTjs are the scariest to most people (not to me). I personally don't get scared easily, but ENFj-Fes and ESTps can be overwhelming sometimes. And certain psychotic INTps are also scary.

  27. #27

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    8,578
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    IME EIEs that want something from me are really scary.

    i'm usually not intimidated by beta STs; their anger is often predictable and easily ignorable. for the most part, however, beta STs just leave me alone.

  28. #28

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    44
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jaja
    estj.. they think they're perfect
    ...or close to it... :wink:
    Nah, seriously, I think it's more like ESTj strives to act/be perfect and are a bit disillusioned by others who they deem as imperfect and not willing to straighten themselves. ESTj has a hard time understanding why most people don't put as much effort or just plain don't care about the things they do.

  29. #29

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    44
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    As for the most intimidating type? I think it depends on how much confidence you have in yourself. I don't find any type particularly intimidating. Still, here are a few honorable mentions: ESFp (wiggling about all the time asking why I'm not having as much fun as they are, thinking they know me like that); ISTj (it's like living with a strange guard dog that isn't yours); and ESFj (they're great if you want your entire personal life and all that it entails to be heard in the grapevine).

  30. #30

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    TIM
    ILI
    Posts
    2,916
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I'm not sure about the most intimidating type.
    But I get uncomfortable around many ESFjs. Especially those heavy on Fe.

    But I find ESTjs really cool. The 2 ESTjs I know definitely don't think they're perfect. But they strive for the best, and they're hardworking & smart. We get along very well.
    INTp
    sx/sp

  31. #31
    Jarno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Netherlands
    TIM
    ILI-Te
    Posts
    5,375
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I used to feel uncomfortable with ENTP's. Some of them can be really witty and clever and make fun of you all the time.

    I always hoped they didn't choose me as their victim. Which for some reason fortunately was seldom the case.

  32. #32
    eunice's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    TIM
    Ne-INFj
    Posts
    2,955
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mea
    I'm not sure about the most intimidating type.
    But I get uncomfortable around many ESFjs. Especially those heavy on Fe.
    I find female ESFjs very charming and extremely nice and hospitable. However, when they don't like you, they can talk to you in a very sarcastic way or/and treat you really badly.

  33. #33
    Blaze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    5,725
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Entj's. esp when they are your CEO, lol.

    Intp's when they are your supervisor.

    Estj's when they think they are above you.

    Infj's when they don't handle their supervisory role, er, properly

    ILE

    those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

  34. #34
    Let's fly now Gilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Posts
    24,757
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Se-LSI is definitely up there. The combination of being quiet, yet forceful and willing to judge, as well as quite blunt, can make them pretty scary. LIEs are also up there: some of them just make me feel dumb because they seem to know SO MUCH about EVERYTHING They can be pretty rough to argue with: they're really good at directing the debate wherever it is they'd like it to go, and I definitely have to put in an effort to make sure my conclusions are heard and made explicit before they try to switch gears on me.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

    Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

  35. #35
    Don't forget the the thehotelambush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    TIM
    LII
    Posts
    6,633
    Mentioned
    160 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Also ISFj-Ses are good at making me feel really uncomfortable just by being there.

  36. #36
    Let's fly now Gilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Posts
    24,757
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Eh...SEEs are more intimidating than ESIs, IME. I actually get along better with ESIs than SEEs, at least at first.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

    Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

  37. #37
    Expat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    10,853
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    LSIs and SLEs if they have any kind of formal power over me - not otherwise.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

  38. #38

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    USA.
    TIM
    INTj
    Posts
    4,497
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush
    Also ISFj-Ses are good at making me feel really uncomfortable just by being there.
    lol. I think I could agree with that, but I'm reluctant to say they intimidate me.

    My personal intimidator is a physically attractive ENTp who I don't know, unless he is less intelligent than I am. Also, very intelligent IxTps.

    To other people, I think the most intimidating type would be one who seems superhuman and will try to conform his surroundings, or have some power over them in a way that would affect other people. That's a xxxj, maybe one without Si. So Maybe ENxj/ISxj.

  39. #39

    Default

    wow, a lot are intimidated by istj's.


    hehe i like istj's. maybe because i'm an isfj and i can relate?

  40. #40
    Blaze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    5,725
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jaja
    wow, a lot are intimidated by istj's.


    hehe i like istj's. maybe because i'm an isfj and i can relate?
    huh. i'm not afraid of them. i like them, too! :-)

    ILE

    those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •