Thread: Emma Caulfield

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Emma Caulfield

Emma Caulfield:

I used to think she was Ti-ESTp. Now I'm starting to believe that she's Ni-ENFj (C-EIE). I think Nicholas Brendon (Xander) is Fe-INFp.

Here is my current typing of her:

Emma Caulfield

ENFj --- --- Actor
    using 2 subtypes: Intuitive Actor (Ni-ENFj)
    using 4 subtypes: Creative Actor (C-ENFj)
    using 8 subtypes: Volitional Actor (Se-ENFj)
    using 16 subtypes: Outspoken [or 'Political'] Actor (ENFj-ESFp)

Here's one picture:

http://cache2.allpostersimages.com/p...-caulfield.jpg

Here are some quotes from Buffy (Emma Caulfied portrayed the character of Anya/Anyanka/Aud):

- from Episode No. 127 (Helpless); written by Drew Goddard, directed by David Solomon:

Aud (Anya): The rapid reproductive rate of our rabbits...has given me an idea. I can give the excess out to the townspeople, exchanging them not for goods or services, but for goodwill and the sense of accomplishment that stems from selflessly giving of yourself to others.

Olaf: Ha, ha, ha! Sweet Aud! Your logic is insane and happenstance, like that of a troll. It is no wonder the bar matrons talk of you.

Aud (Anya): You've been to the bar...

Olaf: It is not my fault they don't take kindly to you. You speak your mind, and are annoying. It's one of the things I love most about you.

D'Hoffryn: I'm sorry. How rude of me. Allow me to introduce myself. My name is D'Hoffryn.

Aud (Anya): I am Aud.

D'Hoffryn: Are you? I am afraid you don't see your true self. You are Anyanka. I'm a patron of a family of sorts. We're vengeance demons. I'm sure you've heard of us.

Aud (Anya): No, I'm sorry.

D'Hoffryn: Oh, well, that's quite--

Aud (Anya): No, don't feel bad. I, uh -- I don't talk to people much. I mean, I talk to them but they don't talk to me...except to say that your questions are irksome...and perhaps you should take your furs and your literal interpretations to the other side of the river.

D'Hoffryn: I get the sense that your talents are not fully appreciated here, Anyanka. We'd like you to join us.

Aud (Anya): Why do you keep calling me that? My name is Aud.

D'Hoffryn: Perhaps. But Anyanka is who you are.

Aud (Anya): What would I have to do?

D'Hoffryn: What you do best -- help wronged women punish evil men.

Aud (Anya): Vengeance.

D'Hoffryn: But only to those who deserve it.

Aud (Anya): They all deserve it.

D'Hoffryn: That's where I was goin' with that, yeah.

St. Petersburg, 1905

Halfrek: I swear I'm in awe of you.

Anyanka (Anya): Oh, stop.

Halfrek: Oh, I will not.

Anyanka (Anya): I grant wishes. It's all inside the girl. I just bring it out.

[cannons exploding outside]

Halfrek: Yes, I'm sure this is what she had in mind.

Anyanka (Anya): Well, I don't know about her mind, but it was in her heart. Besides, Russia was ready to explode. All we did is just give it a little push.

Halfrek: What should we do with the rest of our evening? I hear they're going to raze the Winter Mansion.

Anyanka (Anya): Well I thought we'd head down to Madame Dubasov's. No better spot for vengeance than a brothel.

Halfrek: Oh. It's always work, work, work with you.

Anyanka (Anya): Well, of course. What else is there?

Halfrek: "What else is there?" Why, the whole world, for one. Darling, take a look around. There's a lot to see. There's a revolution going on outside that you are somewhat responsible for. Aren't you the teeniest bit interested?

Anyanka (Anya): Well, what is there to be interested in? The worker will overthrow absolutism and lead the proletariat to a victorious Communist revolution resulting in socioeconomic paradise on earth. It's common sense really. I have better things to worry about.

Halfrek: But, Anyanka, there's a whole world out there.

Anyanka (Anya): Yes, filled with wronged women who need my help.

Halfrek: Oh, you're talking about work.

Anyanka (Anya): I'm talking about life. Vengeance is what I do, Halfrek. I don't need anything else. Vengeance is what I am.

- from Episode No. 116 ("Hell's Bells"); written by Rebecca Rand Kirshner, directed by David Solomon:

Anya: Are you guys even listening? I need feedback, people.

Tara: Sorry. Please continue with the vows.

Anya: I, Anya, promise to...love you, to cherish you...to honor you, but not to obey you, of course...because that's anachronistic and misogynistic...and who do you think you are, like a sea captain or something? However, I do entrust you--

[Tara and Willow giggling]

Anya: What? Is something funny?

Tara: No. N-Nothing, Sweetie. Just--Just keep still.

Anya [clears throat]: Okay, blah, blah, blah. Misogynistic. Blah, blah. I do, however, entrust you with my heart. Take care of my heart, won't you, please? Take care of it because it's all that I have...and, if you let me, I'll take care of your heart too. I'll protect it and tend to it like a little stray. Wait, no. Like a little mangy stray that needs a home. No, that's not it either.

Anya: Okay. For the last time -- I, Anya...want to marry you, Xander, because I love you...and I'll always love you. And before I knew you, I was like a completely different person. Not even a person, really. And I'd seen what love could do to people, and it was hurt and sadness. Alone was better. And then suddenly there was you. And you knew me. You saw me. And it was this...thing. You make me feel safe and warm. So, I get it now. I finally get love, Xander. I really do.

D'Hoffryn: Are you okay?

Anya: I'm tired...of crying. I'm just so tired, D'Hoffryn.

D'Hoffryn: Oh, Anyanka...I'm sorry...but you let him domesticate you. When you were a vengeance demon, you were powerful. At the top of your game, you crushed men like him.
    It's time you got back to what you do best. Don't you think?

- from "Selfless":

Anya: Come on, Buffy. Don't you have a clever retort for me?

Buffy: Anya, I'm sorry.

Anya: You're apologizing to me? What fight are you watching? Or is this like one of your little pop culture references I don't get...'cause I'm a vengeance--

D'Hoffryn: Ms. Rosenberg seems to think Anyanka would be better-suited outside the vengeance fold. I think we already know what Lady "Hacks Away" wants. And the young man, well, he sees with the eyeballs of love. But I'm not sure if anyone's bothered to find out what Anyanka herself really wants.

Xander: Her name is Anya.

D'Hoffryn: Actually, a funny historical sidebar. Her original name was--

Anya (Aud/Anyanka): I wanna take it back.

D'Hoffryn: I'm sorry. What was that?

Anya [crying]: I wanna take it back. I want to undo what I did.

D'Hoffryn: Hmm. You want to take it back. Must be 12 bodies in there. Such a thing--not easily done...but not impossible. You're a big girl, Anyanka. You understand how this works. The proverbial scales must balance. In order to restore the lives of the victims, the fates require a sacrifice -- the life and soul of a vengeance demon.

Anya [breath quavers]: Do it.

Xander: Wait!

Anya: Stay out of this, Xander.

Xander: Okay, right. That seems smart. He just said you have to die. Perhaps there's some sort of...alternate price.

Anya: Xander, you can't help me. I'm not even sure there's a me to help.
    I understand the price. Do it.

D'Hoffryn: You're sure? This is your wish?

Anya: This is my wish. Undo what I did.

D'Hoffryn: Very well.
    [claps]

Xander: No!

[energy burst]

Halfrek: Anya.

Anya: Hallie?

[Hallie screams and is annihilated]

[Anya gasps]

D'Hoffryn: Who did you think you were dealing with? Did you think it would be that easy to get away?

Anya: Why?

D'Hoffryn: Why? Because you wished it!

Anya: But she was yours.

D'Hoffryn: The way you were mine? Haven't I taught you anything, Anya? Never go for the kill when you can go for the pain.
    Hold him [Xander] back Slayer. Wouldn't want anyone to get hurt.
    I've got plenty of girls. There will always be vengeance demons...but now you, Anya, you're out. Congratulations. Your wish is granted.

Anya: You should have killed me.

D'Hoffryn [scoffs]: Oh, I wouldn't worry about that. From beneath you, it devours. Be patient. All good things in time.

Xander: Anya, wait.

Anya: Xander, please, just go away.

Xander: Whatever's between us, it doesn't matter. You shouldn't be alone in this.

Anya: Yes, I should. My whole life, I've just clung to whatever came along.

Xander: Well, speaking as a "clingee," I kinda didn't mind.

Anya: Thanks...for everything.

[Xander sighs]

Anya: Xander.
    What if I'm really nobody?

Xander: Don't be a dope.

Anya: I'm a dope.

Xander: Sometimes.

Anya: Well, that's a start.

[sighs]

[sniffling]

Here's a video/song:

Last edited by HERO; 04-11-2011 at 09:03 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyanka!!!

"I like to bowl, I'm good at math, but who am I?"

I could see Emma being ENFj. Do you ever read her Tweets? That could shed more light, if it hasn't already.