Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Comparisons between the Astrology, Zodiac, Socionics, MBTI, Alchemy, Numerology and Taoism

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here in Italy, the triangle is also known as the "triangolino magico", which is, in other words, female's genitalia. So, in a sense, we can say that everything revolves around that.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    Here in Italy, the triangle is also known as the "triangolino magico", which is, in other words, female's genitalia. So, in a sense, we can say that everything revolves around that.
    Yes, you are speaking of the bottom female half, that is the "cup". It is comprised of the laws concerning scorpio, sagittarius, capricorn, aquarius, pisces and aries. The point is facing down. There is also the male one, which is the "wand" ... it is comprised of the laws concerning all of the 6 elements not already mentioned.

Hacking your soul since the beginning of time Hitta's Avatar
    Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Tropical astrology is pretty terrible, as it doesn't even correlate to the planetary positions. Now vedic astrology based on Lahiri Ayanamsa or KP is usually pretty accurate.
    Model X Will Save Us!

*randomwarelinkremoved

jessica129:scrotums r hot

:" hitting cap makes me envision cervix smashing"

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rmcnew View Post
    Yes, you are speaking of the bottom female half, that is the "cup". It is comprised of the laws concerning scorpio, sagittarius, capricorn, aquarius, pisces and aries. The point is facing down. There is also the male one, which is the "wand" ... it is comprised of the laws concerning all of the 6 elements not already mentioned.
    Are you referring to Solomon's Sigil? (e.g. the Star of David?) That, I think, is an intuitive annegram for the relation of attitudes between subject and object. The lower relation is female, the other is male. Subject and object meet in either at the apex, which is the factor of their mutual relation. The Christian Trinity is another example: Christ represents the subject, God represents the object, and the link between them is the Holy Spirit. Of course, the Trinity only includes half of the story, with the rebellion against God and denial of Jesus comprising the other half.

I guess the zodiac is the artificed counterpart to natural disposition. However, I don't like thinking that any one has power over me. If they aren't going to be receptive to my common sense arguments, then they should go their way. If they get in my way, I'll put them out of it if I must, else I'll find a way around them. Yes, artificed belief plays a role in what happens, but not an overriding one.

Personally I think that the crystal is a better symbol, because it represents both the relation between instinct and society, and the relationship between necessity and desire. But the crystal is in essence two Solomon Sigils joined together. (a symbol of the soul)

Worth considering though: because the East and West have two different Zodiac systems, could that mean that the East and West have divergent destinies from the standpoint of zodiac practicioners?
    Last edited by tcaudilllg; 10-25-2008 at 09:30 PM.

TIM
    EII 6w5
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Then I would have you know that there has been no organization that has been free of its grasp, even the church [in the case of those in power knowingly] have followed the things that it has condemned, claiming the right was the sole possession of the church or in the case of knowledge that would free people from the churches grasp of power, has intentionally hidden the knowledge. If what you are claiming is true, then all organizations, business structures, and any group that has a hierarchy had a satanic beginning. Would it be fair and right to condemn all beginnings? Are there any exceptions?

If you feel uncomfortable, then there are yet some challenges you must face. There is something about yourself that you have not accepted. You may even fear these things. Someday you may come to terms with that. Everyone does at some stage or another.
    Yes, no organization of great influence is free from its grasp, but it acts more as a plague than an actual goal for institutions such as the Catholic Church, through scandal and confusion of believers, corruption of the authority figures, judgmental attitudes, etc, tactics that have resulted effective in rejecting Catholicism in favor of so called "light magic" and a more occultist and pagan understanding of the universe, or simply rejecting spirituality altogether. It is no surprise that an influence that goes against the Church will try to make it as unnappealing as possible, by appealing to our emotions, such as anger, resentment, disgust, coldness, and even boringness.

What is it that I have yet to face that I have not accepted? That I have been influenced in this way as well? Well, indeed I have, otherwise I would not be human. But there is a difference in willingly accepting and being susceptible to the influence. My conscience tells me that delving into the things that you have mentioned in this thread are not favorable, and that's why I get a bad feeling.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sereno View Post
    Yes, no organization of great influence is free from its grasp, but it acts more as a plague than an actual goal for institutions such as the Catholic Church, through scandal and confusion of believers, corruption of the authority figures, judgmental attitudes, etc, tactics that have resulted effective in rejecting Catholicism in favor of so called "light magic" and a more occultist and pagan understanding of the universe, or simply rejecting spirituality altogether. It is no surprise that an influence that goes against the Church will try to make it as unnappealing as possible, by appealing to our emotions, such as anger, resentment, disgust, coldness, and even boringness.

What is it that I have yet to face that I have not accepted? That I have been influenced in this way as well? Well, indeed I have, otherwise I would not be human. But there is a difference in willingly accepting and being susceptible to the influence. My conscience tells me that delving into the things that you have mentioned in this thread are not favorable, and that's why I get a bad feeling.
    You can't light a candle without casting a shadow ... I'd light one, but you'd probably just see your own shadow again.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tcaudilllg View Post
    Worth considering though: because the East and West have two different Zodiac systems, could that mean that the East and West have divergent destinies from the standpoint of zodiac practicioners?
    It is true that the east and the west have different zodiacs and different ways of interpreting the different zodiacs, but if you study eastern war strategy it is oddly based off of the western and Indian zodiacs. Probably because the Tao religion has had western influence, and ancient china had both Babylonian and Egyptian influence. For example, the 36 war strategies from china are based word from word on the same source as the western zodiac. Most people do not see the resemblance right off, but it is there if you know the zodiacs.

TIM
    EII 6w5
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You can't light a candle without casting a shadow ... I'd light one, but you'd probably just see your own shadow again.
    Alright, but only obstructions of the light can cause shadows...

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sereno View Post
    Alright, but only obstructions of the light can cause shadows...
    The darkness is never completely going away ... if you wish it away it is the same as wishing away the light itself. I'd make do with learning to tolerate just a little now and again.

Farewell, comrades Not A Communist Shill's Avatar
    TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

The darkness is never completely going away ... if you wish it away it is the same as wishing away the light itself. I'd make do with learning to tolerate just a little now and again.
    If there was enough light, there wouldn't be any shadows.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Subterranean View Post
    You could be stationed in the middle of the sun, and there would still be darkness somewhere. Although ideally an end goal would be overwhelming brightness, atleast in a philosophical/spiritual context ...

You could be stationed in the middle of the sun, and there would still be darkness somewhere. Although ideally an end goal would be overwhelming brightness, atleast in a philosophical/spiritual context ...

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

----------------------------------------------------------------

And right there you have the nature of all existence ...

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Light that shines too bright is its own shadow, because it is blinding.

Further observation: if a person were to be situated in the middle of the sun, then although their entire form would be illuminated there would still be darkness within their own body.

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Why do you all have to churn out such rubbish?

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I doubt the middle of the Sun is dark. If you wish away darkness, it does not mean you wish away light too.

Plas Penrhyn in Penrhyndeudraeth, Merionethshire, Wales
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tcaudilllg View Post
    I guess the zodiac is the artificed counterpart to natural disposition. However, I don't like thinking that any one has power over me. If they aren't going to be receptive to my common sense arguments, then they should go their way. If they get in my way, I'll put them out of it if I must, else I'll find a way around them. Yes, artificed belief plays a role in what happens, but not an overriding one.
    Why do you assume that people will take enough interest in your work to get in your way?

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bertrand View Post
    Why do you assume that people will take enough interest in your work to get in your way?
    Because of its implications? Prejudice? Fear of change? Fear of knowledge specific to oneself?

But a lot of it also has to do with the fact that things which you see as purely intellectual, I see as sacred and with great significance. You see a person who has a maladaptive attitude as an evolutionary loser; I see them as a lament of nature's darker side, something which could not be avoided and which has regrettable consequences.

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

There will be varying intensities, but if you have photons instead of matter then there will be no darkness.

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ifmd95 View Post
    Some people may maximize the former and others may minimize the later. And they may each concoct different analogies of "lightness", "darkness", and whatever else to justify themselves. Others will just be content to not lie, cheat, steal, or delude themselves.
    Yes but what interests me is this: people who are insistent on not allowing self-delusion -- probably the majority -- constitute effectively a damnation relative to those who do suffer from said delusions. They will aspire to what they will, but if they are being led by delusion then and it is evident that their stance is delusional, then their aspirations will be rejected.

I mean to make the point that these people have less opportunity to adapt than do people who are non-deluded. (unless you have an artificed construct enforcing a correction). That said, I think only people who were themselves delusional (saints) would actually take such a construct seriously.

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've been thinking about it, and I think it most likely that the reason for the disparity of perspectives with regard to disadvantageous conserved relation lies in the fact that the people who think of it in terms of survival experience relations as something very private. They experience it without asking what it means in a social context. If someone kills their parents, then they want revenge on the person who killed them, the circumstances which lead up to that killing in the life of the killer be damned. It goes the same way for dellusion: if a deluded person is aspiring to reach a position of power, then that person may threaten their way of life and it is the experience of fear and trepidation which holds sway. For the other portion, it's different: if evil is rising then there is a certain meaning to its contest. Call it a heroic attitude if you will. But the true attitude which underlies it is far darker, condemning, and extremely unfair. Still it doesn't matter what the attitude is so long as it is conducted in a way that the other portion considers appropriate to the situation.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think everybody just got off topic ... I am going to put something up for people here later to look at ... probably in alternative section.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I doubt the middle of the Sun is dark. If you wish away darkness, it does not mean you wish away light too.
    Yes it does ... without darkness, light would cease to exist. And without the light, nothing would have ever have had the chance the exist in the first place.

Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I appreciate the fact you said I am harmless, but something I have to address here.

I have to be honest with you, I would challenge the notion that I am skitzotypal. I have already seen several psychologists specifically concerning the possibility of being skitzotypal and none of them felt that it was really appropriate to categorize me as such. The reason being that they only really categorize people as skitzotypal when there is a problem with social norms and when someone can not function in society. I have friends and for the most part I stay social. I belong to clubs at university and come off as normal in public. The fact that I have personal beliefs that you do not accept as valid also does not count as a basis for claiming I am skitzotypal, and for the most part you should stop doing that. It is rude and you really don't have the credentials to claim any of that anyways.
    I didn't say you were schizotypal, only that it was an example of schizotypal thinking, which I maintain it is.
    “I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by consentingadult View Post
    I didn't say you were schizotypal, only that it was an example of schizotypal thinking, which I maintain it is.
    Maybe, but it sounds to me like you are confusing cause and effects. True, this style of thinking may lead to schitzotypal tendencies, but then pure obsession of any phenomenon may lead to schitzotypal tendencies.

Yet, it is not the thinking that causes the problem, it is the extremity that one takes the thinking. If someone is totally obsessed with a phenomenon that he or she is unable to care about even the simplest of functions or is out on a street corner in funky futuristic clothes every day hailing to people passing that the "mothership is landing soon", then that is a good case for diagnosing someone as skitzotypal. But then again, it is not the personal belief system, it is the obsession the person has with the belief system.

And I should probably also state that the only reason that they list "magical thinking, superstitions, beliefs that the mind can change reality, belief in aliens or angels, etc." as a symptom for skitzotypal is because statistically the majority of people who form skitzotypal tendencies are obsessed with these things. However, it is incorrect and slanderous to state that anyone who believes in any such things is showing examples of skitzotypal behavior. I would be extremely careful of doing that. Someday some nut may just call libel on that account.

So, what I am saying is that I think it is an invalid application to claim any connection to skitzotypal with what I do, and that I could claim it to be slander. Just something to think about.

Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe, but it sounds to me like you are confusing cause and effects. True, this style of thinking may lead to schitzotypal tendencies, but then pure obsession of any phenomenon may lead to schitzotypal tendencies.

Yet, it is not the thinking that causes the problem, it is the extremity that one takes the thinking. If someone is totally obsessed with a phenomenon that he or she is unable to care about even the simplest of functions or is out on a street corner in funky futuristic clothes every day hailing to people passing that the "mothership is landing soon", then that is a good case for diagnosing someone as skitzotypal. But then again, it is not the personal belief system, it is the obsession the person has with the belief system.

And I should probably also state that the only reason that they list "magical thinking, superstitions, beliefs that the mind can change reality, belief in aliens or angels, etc." as a symptom for skitzotypal is because statistically the majority of people who form skitzotypal tendencies are obsessed with these things. However, it is incorrect and slanderous to state that anyone who believes in any such things is showing examples of skitzotypal behavior. I would be extremely careful of doing that. Someday some nut may just call libel on that account.

So, what I am saying is that I think it is an invalid application to claim any connection to skitzotypal with what I do, and that I could claim it to be slander. Just something to think about.
    I have seen videos of you on that practical abundance site of yours. These videos didn't portray you as a psychologically healthy person. I don't need to be a psychiatrist to see that.

But tell us, why did you see several professionals to determine whether you are schizotypal or not? Wasn't just one enough? Or have you perhaps fabricated your own 'evidence' here??
    “I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have seen videos of you on that practical abundance site of yours. These videos didn't portray you as a psychologically healthy person. I don't need to be a psychiatrist to see that.
    See, the thing is that it impossible, I believe, to speak about some things without some people making judgments. You made a judgment that I am not psychologically healthy, based upon a couple of videos and a website I made while I had way too much free time during breaks from university last year. That was not even half of what I could have said, not even a quarter. If I told you every thing I know right now, you would think I was crazy or a lunatic. But then, it is not easy living a life that is half normal and half-not-so-normal and I have to just not talk about some things to most people, or they create biased judgments.

And just because I know now you are just going to make a biased judgment I think you are untrustworthy to be told anything, and I hope all you see of me is just normality for now on. You just lost a privilege you should not have had to begin with.

But tell us, why did you see several professionals to determine whether you are schizotypal or not? Wasn't just one enough? Or have you perhaps fabricated your own 'evidence' here??
    Because I wanted a professional opinion and I got one. They thought I was just fine. Much better to visit someone in person than to just assume the state of someone's mental health from watching a few videos of them.

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Yes it does ... without darkness, light would cease to exist
    ?

Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Because I wanted a professional opinion and I got one. They thought I was just fine. Much better to visit someone in person than to just assume the state of someone's mental health from watching a few videos of them.
    You still haven't answered the questin why you went to see several instead on just one. Could you answer that?

Also, you said you went to see them to specifically get the question of being schizotypal answered. What prompted you to do so? Did you have this suspicion yourself? And how did they go about trying to determine whether you were schizotypal or not? Describe this process to us, it'll be an interesting learning experience for the rest of us.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

?
    Darkness is default, and light comes as darkness recedes itself.

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Darkness is default, and light comes as darkness recedes itself.
    This isn't necessarily true. The Big Bang had a lot of light in it.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You still haven't answered the questin why you went to see several instead on just one. Could you answer that?

Also, you said you went to see them to specifically get the question of being schizotypal answered. What prompted you to do so? Did you have this suspicion yourself? And how did they go about trying to determine whether you were schizotypal or not? Describe this process to us, it'll be an interesting learning experience for the rest of us.
    Why are you so curious ... ? It is none of your business to be asking.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This isn't necessarily true. The Big Bang had a lot of light in it.
    I feel like a broken record just repeating this. Without light, nothing would have come out of the darkness. Even if the big bang was responsible for the darkness.

Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why are you so curious ... ? It is none of your business to be asking.
    Because I think you're not being honest with us.

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I feel like a broken record just repeating this. Without light, nothing would have come out of the darkness. Even if the big bang was responsible for the darkness.
    Why did you say that darkness is the default position, and that light comes as darkness recedes itself? Surely light is caused by other means?

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Because I think you're not being honest with us.
    Honest or dishonest it is my choice whether I want to give people personal information over the internet. I think all that could be said was that releasing videos of myself speaking of an intimate subject of curious speculation is both a blessing and a curse. You have the few people who appreciate it and then the naysayers followed by the people who want to psychoanalyze and dissect.

In any case, I think those videos were more of a symptom of having too much free time to make the videos, mixed in with staying up late at night and partying. That is probably why I came off as seeming a bit serious and maybe a tad extreme. I probably should have just got a real job while getting some better sleep or something. I was also a bit depressed about that time, too. And that was why I went to go see the psychologists. Iasked the psychologists about being skitzotypal and they said I seemed alright enough.

Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And that was why I went to go see the psychologists. Iasked the psychologists about being skitzotypal and they said I seemed alright enough.
    You seemed alright? What did you do then, speak to couple of psychologist you accidentally ran into at parties or something, and just dropped the question at them? I still think it's very odd that anyone sees several professionals to get this question answered. I think you are fabricating the reality you wish were true, and are not telling us what really happened (or better: what actually didn't happen).

I say you are fake.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You seemed alright? What did you do then, speak to couple of psychologist you accidentally ran into at parties or something, and just dropped the question at them? I still think it's very odd that anyone sees several professionals to get this question answered. I think you are fabricating the reality you wish were true, and are not telling us what really happened (or better: what actually didn't happen).

I say you are fake.
    If I were in your position I would't trust me either. I can be one dishonest son of a bitch when it suits my means. Yet, I refuse to say anything differently.

Suit yourself ...

Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If I were in your position I would't trust me either. I can be one dishonest son of a bitch when it suits my means. Yet, I refuse to say anything differently.

Suit yourself ...
    thank you!

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thank you!
    You're welcome ... despite the fact you think you have found something incriminating I mind you that you still have absolutely no clue whatsoever.

Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You're welcome ... despite the fact you think you have found something incriminating I mind you that you still have absolutely no clue whatsoever.
    Of course I don't, and I won't until you start expressing your 'self' in an authentic fashion. Until then, I have no reason to believe you are something else than a fantasist.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast