Thread: What's the Point?

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default What's the Point?

Last edited by Hays; 05-30-2011 at 04:50 AM.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you mean strong T, aka realism.

Feeling fucking fantastic golden's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My ILI-Te mom is a bit like this.
    LSI: “I still can’t figure out Pinterest.”

Me: “It’s just, like, idea boards.”

LSI: “I don’t have ideas.”

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shayley View Post
    I would really appreciate more clarity on this topic as the person in question is strongly this way.
    You basically identified it yourself: the main issue here is probably weak ethics - having a one-sided or limited view of one's relationships. There is also a sense that (s)he does not think (s)he is of any value to the outside world, which is pretty unusual for an extrovert. So, introverted and logical.

edit: also, the POV expressed seems to indicate an -valuing mentality. But that's maybe less clear.

If you just want to know the person's type you might want to post more information.

Coldest of the Socion EyeSeeCold's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The person is verbalizing Dynamic aspects and is doubting qualities. But yeah, there needs to be more information.
    (i)NTFS

An ILI at rest tends to remain at rest
    and an ILI in motion is probably not an ILI

31.9FM KICE Radio ♫ *56K Warning*
    My work on Inert/Contact subtypes

Socionics Visual Identification(V.I.) Database
    Socionics Tests Database
    Comprehensive List of Socionics Sites

Fidei Defensor

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

What's the point,
    ...they don't even like me, I don't think we even click.
    ...People dont really care.
    ...I don't even think we are really friends, she doesn't act like one.
    ...they don't care about me, I don't know why I bother.
    ...I don't think they really like me.[/url]
    Right. So don't try to understand people. Just be productive and they'll want you around so they can be lazy. Or find a dual. Everything seems to point to them liking you just for being you.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

Banned
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by labcoat View Post
    you mean strong T, aka realism.
    yeah because subjectivity isn't real, and logic is always correct.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a bit of time so here are replies to a few of your questions.

There are many different things about people that I admire with one of those being admiration for people with severe deformities, illnesses or other such major problems in life carrying on and being the best that they can be with a smile on their face and happiness within.
    One person whom I have admired was my step father's aunt who ran a christian care facility for disabled young adults, organized and ran camps for youth in need and gave time and an ear to anyone who needed it.
    I dislike power hungry "bullshitting bulldozers" - but doesn't everyone...It just happens that I challenge them which is odd because generally I am a non confrontational person.

Do you mean "How do I judge other people"? It is not my job to judge others and therefor I try not to.

Overall I think that I value good intentions, acceptance, humorousness and friendliness. I like to see that spark in people, a twinkle in their eyes.

I like my sense of humour and people say that I have a kind heart.

My mother would describe me as factual and kind. Some of my friends think that I am a little bit eccentric, lol. My husband says that I am fun to be with, great to have deep conversations with, very kind and thoughtful about others.

That I am vulgar, mean, lazy, boring or forceful.

I pay the least attention to cooking, paperwork, organizing and socializing.

The world is lacking a genuine caring about other people. We are a selfish society who on the whole don't really care about one another.

Organizing things, paperwork and probably having to attend planned social events.

I lay down on the carpet and stop talking .
    This sounds like ILI maybe, maybe SLI. Didn't watch the video tho.

No Longer a Tadpole... Flat Footed Frog's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I try to keep an open mind

I try to prepare and deal with things before they become a problem. I predict the likely outcomes and try to do what is necessary to guide things in the best direction.

Now just this weekend my daughter was admitted into hospital for an emergency operation to have her appendix removed and she asked me what they would do for the operation and I replied that I thought it was keyhole surgery so only small cuts would need to made. We started wondering if they would make a cut in her belly button and she wanted to know how the appendix would be removed from such small keyhole incisions. So I offered to try and connect to the internet via my ipad and find a video clip of that type of operation on you tube. We immediately found one which she and I began to watch. Then about halfway through the clip we looked up to see this abhorrent look on her SLI boyfriends face and we burst out laughing. He must have thought that I was being a terrible mum showing my daughter a video of the surgery which she was about to have but to me I was helping her to be aware of what was about to happen in the procedure .

On the whole my humour would be considered a little dark and I can easily laugh at myself.
    This very much fits Mum (im her daughter). She never wants someone to go ahead unprepared. She'd prefer them to always go in with eyes wide open knowing what to expect than get there and have no idea what to do. I guess this also comes under her negativist ways with always preparing for the worst, or some might see it as a bit cold, but its actually her caring intentions she's trying to share. Rather than go into the operation and not have any clue what theyre going to do, she wants you to feel at ease by having full knowledge beforehand. Sometimes my positivist sister tells her off and say shes too negative and needs to be more normal, encouraging, be more positively supportive, and that everythings going to work out wonderfully rather than tell her what could go wrong.

Also that April Fools joke i played was hilarious!! Mum's face was priceless!! she got teased plenty that day. Even my boyfriend thought it was funny as he could imagine my mums reaction (also shes very anti-wedding ceremonies).
    This Frog runs on Sugar!

TIM
    IEI-Ni 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So Shayley is ILI?

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If someone often says things like:

What's the point,
    ...I don't think they really like me.

Is this weak and mobilizing function/hidden agenda functions?

YouTube - Michael Jackson - They Don't Care About Us (Official Prison Version)
    Some form of -valuing then? Or maybe its too universal to be related to one information element.

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If someone often says things like:

What's the point,
    ...I don't think they really like me.
    These kinds of verbalizations or thoughts are usually signs of frustration. In this case the frustrations might be stemming from dealing with a person(s) who aren't giving you the kind of feedback you were hoping to get from them. So if you want to know what elements these might be relating to, it would help to know what kind of feedback you were hoping to get...that you didn't get.

Usually when people give an example, they've either got something specific in mind (in this case a specific person or a specific interaction) or they've over-generalized. When people over-generalize something regularly, then that means that they regular drop details from the situation and wind up subconsciously connecting it to other dropped detail situations. For example, "people suck". What people? "This guy at my job." In this case, the person who thinks people suck was thinking of one specific person but dropped the subject reference and generalized it to everyone. This isn't type related, imo.

Or you could be a person who habitually focuses on what's not there as opposed to what is...what they don't give you as opposed to what they do give you.

Or it could mean that you walk into an interaction with a preconceived idea that you won't get what you're looking for, which influences your reactions to them, and leads to self-fulfilling prophecy.

It could also be a sign of depression, of weariness or exhaustion, of boredom, or even that the circumstances weren't right AT that moment in time. or or or...
    Basically, it could mean ANYthing.

A person could read those phrases, and see that they all deal with relationships. Which would suggest a heavy awareness of relationships, and tell you it's a focus on F. Which could mean F ego, F DS, or even F HA.

Another person might read those phrases and say that it shows an unwillingness to give a person the benefit of the doubt, or that you tend to jump to conclusions about people too quickly, or that relationships aren't important to you, etc etc etc.

Basically, those phrases alone could mean virtually anything.

So, maybe offer some specifics on the situations and/or the people involved which led you to feel that it wasn't worth your time/energy to do something regarding them. What kind of feedback do you look for that 'tells you' that it's worth putting your time/energy/emotion into a person?
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hell, it could simply just mean that the people you were referencing with those phrases simply AREN'T compatible with you...er, or you with them. Maybe they are from an opposing quadra. Maybe you have nothing in common with them. At which point, seriously, why bother? Why put in time, effort, energy, etc to interact with people who you just don't enjoy interacting with?

*sigh* I'll stop the ors for now....

....or will I...muhahahahaah.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

Punk
    TIM
    ESE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by anndelise View Post
    It could also be a sign of depression
    What is that supposed to even mean?

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kramer View Post
    What is that supposed to even mean?
    Sometimes (and I'm not saying this is the case here...not at all)
    but sometimes when a person regularly says "what's the point..." it can be a sign of depression.

I was simply listing off a number of possible interpretations of a simple undetailed quote; and that was only one of many, so I wouldn't suggest putting much emphasis on it.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey Anndelise no I'm not low in spirits in any way, though I can see how this thread could easily make one conjure up thoughts that I am a terribly negative depressed person when in fact I am extremely goodnatured I think!
    I didn't think you were.

I think it's just general life experience that has led me to think that humans on the whole don't really care about other humans. We are selfish. Nice ones get hurt. People take advantage of others. I guess I am tired of people's dramas though. Like one of my best friends seems to have a drama most weeks and comes running for help - so of course these things in life influence me.

On the whole I think that not many people really ever care about you - you are blessed if you have someone in your life who does.
    And I do .
    fwiw, I tend to think 'why bother' in some similar situations. Most of the time it's when I just don't want to expend the energy it would require to deal with or interact with the referenced person/people. Usually because it feels like just too much work to feel like I have to dance around how I say things so that the interaction doesn't lead to ill-will on either side.

As for feeling blessed by having someone in your life who really cares about you, even including your 'faults'? I'm still amazed when he tells me he feels lucky to have found me.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

negativist-democratic (thus of course introvert, but that's not where causation lies): feeling left out from an open environment.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    IEI-Ni 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Shayley, is that guy in your video your son or husband? I've been under the impression that he's your husband for like 10 days now.

TIM
    IEI-Ni 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lol Jinxi that's my son Matt who is 23. I had him at quite a young age.
    Okay. I must be delirious or something.

Banned
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I say that shit all the time and Im an F