Thread: the "naturaally drunk" types

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default the "naturaally drunk" types

i have noticed this awhile ago. imo it seems to be the mindset of ixxps. comments? divergent povs?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: the "naturaally drunk" types

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro-the-Lion
    i have noticed this awhile ago. imo it seems to be the mindset of ixxps. comments? divergent povs?
    I have long since thought the same exact thing.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sometimes i act naturally drunk...to escape from real life...it's very introvert, intution, eh?
    INFP

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

no it is : Pi : which I will refer to with the symbol ^. seems to have a greater ability at certain aspects of ^ that includes the ability to reconstitute experience (live) as other impeti for consciousness while in a very hollow and shallow way attempts to mimic this without ever really succeeding. this at least, is how i interpret the role function of the dominant types

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

no it is : Pi : which I will refer to with the symbol ^. seems to have a greater ability at certain aspects of ^ that includes the ability to reconstitute experience (live) as other impeti for consciousness while in a very hollow and shallow way attempts to mimic this without ever really succeeding. this at least, is how i interpret the role function of the dominant types
    What does that mean PEdro?
    Well I am back. How's everyone? Don't have as much time now, but glad to see some of the old gang are still here.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i guess you're asking who acts 'naturally' drunk. In that case, not I. I'm definetly a huge fan of alcohol though. :wink:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dioklecian
    this means basically that you try to consciously manipulate your state in the same way types do but you cannot do it on your own. instead you turn to "aides" to provide the effect desired the most frequent among which is insomnia. NJs do this in a similar manner but the methodology, purpose, and response to it is quite different.

@jessica: ever been accused of being sleepy/sluggish? this is an aspect of what i am referring to. by "naturally drunk" i am trying to encompass many things including the capacity for types to be in a sort of "living dream" so please do not correlate this with ah... a negative view of ^ behavior

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Joy's drunk
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ever been accused of being sleepy/sluggish? this is an aspect of what i am referring to.
    I would be interested to hear what jessica says, I get accused of that all the time, 'you look like you have just woken up', 'cmon lazy'.....etc. I can and do sleep for like 10 hrs a day during holidays sometimes, but I think the best way to describe it is I feel a bit drained of energy, un-motivated as a natural state, but when something comes along that I find interesting, I will read about it relentlesly, or if I start something I enjoy or go out or something, once im started I have much more energy and enthusiasm than most other people. It's kind of like having a barrier to get over, getting up and active/engaged in something, gets me over that barrier.
    Friendly ISTp
    Interested in everything, yes, EVERYTHING
    Flower's motto: Life's too short even to do the things you want to, let alone the things you dont!!

Creepy-

Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    Joy's drunk
    (I'm not laughing derogatorily, I just thought it was humerous)

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by flower
    ever been accused of being sleepy/sluggish? this is an aspect of what i am referring to.
    I would be interested to hear what jessica says, I get accused of that all the time, 'you look like you have just woken up', 'cmon lazy'.....etc. I can and do sleep for like 10 hrs a day during holidays sometimes, but I think the best way to describe it is I feel a bit drained of energy, un-motivated as a natural state, but when something comes along that I find interesting, I will read about it relentlesly, or if I start something I enjoy or go out or something, once im started I have much more energy and enthusiasm than most other people. It's kind of like having a barrier to get over, getting up and active/engaged in something, gets me over that barrier.
    I've never really been accused of that. If anything, i'm always trying to be on the go..avoiding boredom. Never seems to work. Get some caffeine in me, and i swear i could change the world with my energy. That only lasts about an hour though. However, i do get 'yelled' at for my messiness....a lot.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IEI subtype

Creepy-aurora_faerie

I am silly

I sometime act high, not so much drunk

I laugh a lot and sometimes you are confused as to why I'm laughing

Before I had ever ever ever smoked marijuana, back in 9th grade, I used to laugh hysterically in english class and yell weird things and what not. One time we had the desks in a semi-circle, and this boy Jake sneezed, so I said Bless you (but in the German way which I can't spell, you know it sounds like kah-zun-tite) and he says, "Danke." And I start CRACKING UP! I laugh for literally 15 minutes, the more the teacher, or the teacher's aid Adam (who had a small penis) or my friend Sarah tried to stop me, or question me, the more I'd laugh. And none of them understood so I'd try to explain but I'd just laugh MORE. So the teacher told the class I was smoking pot everytime this happened for the rest of the year.

Having ISFp tendencies is annoying. -_-

Creepy-pokeball

Ive been kicked out of classes for laughing in JR. High lol. Three of us were playing with an eraser one time. We had a little melodrama going on about the eraser.... and then we were booted from class for non-stop laughing about absolutely nothing. *cry*

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I personally believe that there is little correlation with type on this matter. Overall, any type can appear drunk when they push themselves to the extreme. For example, if an ENFp is really jubilant, he/she will tend to become overcome with their emotions and behave in a manner to prove a point. An ESTp may perform a risky playful act in order to attract attention and it can give someone the notion that the individual is drunk. However, their behaviour will refrain once it has yielded negative repercussions. At another angle, it can be perpetuated until the individuals' energy and state of mind is harassed by their lack of awareness over their antic disposition.
    “We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” Randy Pausch

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jessica
    Never seems to work. Get some caffeine in me, and i swear i could change the world with my energy. That only lasts about an hour though. However, i do get 'yelled' at for my messiness....a lot.
    When you say only lasts for an hour, are you refering to people, or just things in general?

And dont worry about being messy, all ISTp's are messy, Im sitting in a room absolutely full of mess, but I aint tidying up....maybe next month
    Friendly ISTp
    Flower's motto: Life's too short even to do the things you want to, let alone the things you dont!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Especially when I was younger I would get so crazy and spastic Im sure people thought I was drunk. Usually it was at a party with lots of music and people. I would say the most off the wall things and do the most obsurd things that later on when I got home I would cringe with embarrasment as I thought about what I did. I dont think I went so over the top to cause bad rumors but Im sure they thought I was nuts. Im not even a big drinker. When I do drink more than one or two beers or whatever my usual tendency is to fall asleep. Isnt that a joke.

Topaz
    The artifact which is the source of my power will not be kept on the Mountain of Despair beyond the River of Fire guarded by the Dragons of Eternity. It will be in my safe-deposit box. The same applies to the object which is my one weakness.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by flower
    Never seems to work. Get some caffeine in me, and i swear i could change the world with my energy. That only lasts about an hour though. However, i do get 'yelled' at for my messiness....a lot.
    When you say only lasts for an hour, are you refering to people, or just things in general
    The energy is what i was referring to. Seem's to go in spurts. : /

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"I swear to drunk I'm not God."

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

in regard to the exxps it seems to me more like they are on "uppers" than downers. while they appear "high" the way it is expressed tends to be include:

a lack of focus (in the sense of not knowing where to direct their attention because there are too many things going on at once)

lack of self-control

fidgety movements

speaking too quickly

etc

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dioklecian
    this means basically that you try to consciously manipulate your state in the same way types do but you cannot do it on your own. instead you turn to "aides" to provide the effect desired the most frequent among which is insomnia. NJs do this in a similar manner but the methodology, purpose, and response to it is quite different.

@jessica: ever been accused of being sleepy/sluggish? this is an aspect of what i am referring to. by "naturally drunk" i am trying to encompass many things including the capacity for types to be in a sort of "living dream" so please do not correlate this with ah... a negative view of ^ behavior
    so basically in a sort of Alpha state? relaxed most of the time?

or more like a monkey swinging from the lights and flashing people?
    INTJ, INTp, ILI

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Mike: interesting, since I just PMed Pedro on that, but suggested that IxxP drunkness sounded more like theta states.

Why Alpha?
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[quote]
    Quote Originally Posted by Zem
    I am silly

I sometime act high, not so much drunk

I laugh a lot and sometimes you are confused as to why I'm laughing

Before I had ever ever ever smoked marijuana, back in 9th grade, I used to laugh hysterically in english class and yell weird things and what not. One time we had the desks in a semi-circle, and this boy Jake sneezed, so I said Bless you (but in the German way which I can't spell, you know it sounds like kah-zun-tite) and he says, "Danke." And I start CRACKING UP! I laugh for literally 15 minutes, the more the teacher, or the teacher's aid Adam (who had a small penis)
    how did you know he had a small penis? did he show it? did you check? just wondering?
    INTJ, INTp, ILI

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky
    @Mike: interesting, since I just PMed Pedro on that, but suggested that IxxP drunkness sounded more like theta states.

Why Alpha?
    alpha is a sort of soothing state where your almost asleep. theta is more of a dream like state. and alpha-theta keeps you alert, while you work your fantasy.

but to the outsiders, alpha is more of a sleepy state. generally when i'm at work (maybe due to using a microscope all day), but i tend to slip into a alpha-theta state. though in this state i tend to be very, very quiet, as i'm lost in my world. i'm not sure if you can stay in the theta state, or atleast act on it. though you may say things in deep thought.

not sure what the silly state is, but i still lean on alpha. as when i get tired, i can get goofy. say things because they are funny, forgetting about offensiveness. or being over tired, where anything can be funny.

however i've never been drunk, don't know what it feels like. i don't drink, can't stand the taste or effects, i have very good self control in that respect. so i don't have anything to compare off of.

however, on a different topic, i have seen shows where some guy takes some kind of drug, and though many days of over stimulation. later he see's past wrongs, and guilty feelings he hid years ago. i do this on a regular basis, i can only assume it was a theta state of some kind that he was in. a sort of shamen regression thing.
    INTJ, INTp, ILI

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The energy is what i was referring to. Seem's to go in spurts. : /
    Yup, same here, I just find in particular it's true when interacting with people. I luv people, but after a while I need to get away and be on my own for a bit, then I 'recover' and have loads of energy to meet people again.
    Friendly ISTp

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Lion, I think that some of the things you are talking about is just . Theatricality , a lot of laugh, controlling the state of audience: to make everyone happy or not likeing some idea. These kind of people may appear drunk in the eyes of some people. One interesting thing is that types can create their mood: they know how to become sad and depressed or how to change their mood from blue to light and merry. This makes them into good actors and singers.
    Semiotical process