Thread: Toleration of Questions

TIM
    SEER
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Default Toleration of Questions

This thread is here to see if there is some sort of correlation to between the 16 types and the questions they become irritated by.

How do some types feel about certain questions? How do they feel about a certain quantity of a certain type of question or even quantity of questions in general?

So, basically talk about questions related things that rub you the wrong way and any trends you've noticed in how certain types handle questions.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like questions. They're a good way to start conversations and I have no problem answering.
    Unless someone asks a question I've already told them the answer to twice. That's just annoying.

ESTj
    1w2 sp/so 1-2-6
    Brilliand's Younger Sister
    Squishy's Older Sister

Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

TIM
    Fi/Te 641 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    631 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

how well i know and/or am comfortable w/ the person asking + how personal the question feels + general situational context. basically, it depends. i'm less comfortable with questions than most people seem to be though.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by laghlagh View Post
    how well i know and/or am comfortable w/ the person asking + how personal the question feels + general situational context. basically, it depends.
    Could you be more specific? An example, perhaps?

ESTj
    1w2 sp/so 1-2-6
    Squishy's Older Sister

Johari Nohari

Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I used to be bothered by questions relating to my gender or sexuality... but not anymore.

Other than that, I've never really been bothered by any questions.

What really bothers me, are people who answer for me, making false/unfair assumptions about me. For instance, people who ask me to do something, and then say "thanks," without waiting for me to agree. It's a pet peeve of mine.

I'm also a little bothered when people ask me to do something I'm not comfortable with, but it's not the question so much as the action that bothers me there.

Mentioned
    203 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I get annoyed by questions pertaining to my emotional decisions and the consistency therein. I hate it when people try to attach some sort of logical framework to my emotions, it's miserably invasive.

So uh, yeah, Ti PoLR at work.
    "And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don't believe in magic will never find it." -Roald Dahl

http://forum.socionix.com/
    It's pretty cool

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mirrorsoul View Post
    What really bothers me, are people who answer for me, making false/unfair assumptions about me. For instance, people who ask me to do something, and then say "thanks," without waiting for me to agree. It's a pet peeve of mine.
    That is annoying.
    I heard on a teaching tape that saying, "thanks" like that will make the person more likely to do it. It worked with my SLE brother.
    Sometimes I answer for introverts. I don't think my brothers mind. My mom has thanked me for it.

ESTj
    1w2 sp/so 1-2-6
    Squishy's Older Sister

Johari Nohari

TIM
    SLI 5w4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really don't like being asked generic questions about myself if I don't know them at all. The small talk kind, such as "what do you like to do in your free time?", "what are your interests?" Anything like that.

TIM
    Fi/Te 641 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    631 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Director Abbie View Post
    Could you be more specific? An example, perhaps?
    eh, i guess the part i edited into my post is the important part. the rest is probably true for most people. i can't think of any specific types of questions that bother me more than others, but what it comes down to is how much they require me to share about the things about myself that i feel vulnerable about. and there isn't necessarily a pattern to those things. i'm just reserved.