Thread: Quick and Easy Socionics Test

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arrow Quick and Easy Socionics Test

http://www.helloquizzy.com/tests/the...rsonality-test

The quadra descriptions might need some work, I pulled them from www.socionics.us, however I like this overall function-quadra format. I think its more effective than other simplified formats, such as temperament-quadra. It emphasizes recognizing the unique quality of your dominant function.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Inventive ENTp
    Extroverted Intuition, Introverted Logic

I knew that was going to happen.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Analytical INTj

Introverted Logic, Extroverted Intuition
    There's a chance I might have been influenced by other people typing me as that recently, though...

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

i got "The Sacrificial ENFj"

TIM
    IEI-Ni 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Critical INTp

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

INFj. i found it much easier to answer the second question than the first.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ESTj

... then, trying to make the damn thing give me intp, I got...

ENTj

Aaaand finally,

INTp. Liked the type descriptions though! I guess that's just because it only listed positives!
    Last edited by Skeptic; 03-28-2011 at 02:59 AM.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    |
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Coldest of the Socion EyeSeeCold's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

These are just the quadra descriptions from WikiSocion. -___-
    (i)NTFS

An ILI at rest tends to remain at rest
    and an ILI in motion is probably not an ILI

31.9FM KICE Radio ♫ *56K Warning*
    My work on Inert/Contact subtypes

Socionics Visual Identification(V.I.) Database
    Socionics Tests Database
    Comprehensive List of Socionics Sites

Fidei Defensor

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by EyeSeeCold View Post
    These are just the quadra descriptions from WikiSocion. -___-
    It's not a direct translation. You can only rephrase something so many times, though. I suppose it was straightforward enough to see through and equate it to already established descriptions.

plus
    Quote Originally Posted by polikujm View Post
    The quadra descriptions might need some work, I pulled them from www.socionics.us, however I like this overall function-quadra format. I think its more effective than other simplified formats, such as temperament-quadra. It emphasizes recognizing the unique quality of your dominant function.
    edit; and @ polikujm; all ILIs I've experienced would be incensed if you called them irrational or dreamy or imaginative. That came off to me as ponies and rainbows, something I would assume they would want to distance themselves from as much as possible. It's difficult to appeal to all the qaudras' use of a function at once, and so you're limited with such little quizzing space.
    Last edited by Skeptic; 03-28-2011 at 03:06 AM.
    |

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What I want to personally understand to make this type of test more effective, is why an dominant would want to chose logical, systematic, rational, etc. before the intuitive, imaginative, and uniqueness of vision response. I think theoretically if you chose the rational/logic response above the others, and relate the most to Gamma, then you should be a certain subtype of ENTj. Currently however all these descriptions need work and/or will sometimes be misinterpreted.

By all means give me some criticism on how I should improve these descriptions.

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rephrase them to a greater degree: I know these too well and don't like to choose between them. If I don't know what the outcome of my picks will be then I can more easily take the test without actively choosing my type and influencing the test process. I would try them on socionics noobs who nothing or next to nothing about socionics, at least the tests and quadra descriptions.

Poli: the intuitive description doesn't sound like Ni its sounds more like a childlike form of , sesame st characters and such. I believe valuers would be more attracted to it if you used more ni phrasing like abstract thinking, and or "type mottos". For instance intp is "discovering underlying trends and benefiting from them". The IEI one is really weak though it really means nothing, its too vague. Both could say use trends, time based patters or other Ni semantics from the semantics list to better represent Ni. In fact use all the semantics for each element.
    Vague ideas for a test: Since socionics types "overall moods" were distilled I think a mood test for overall mood might be a easily modifiable test to find socionics types.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jughead View Post
    Rephrase them to a greater degree: I know these too well and don't like to choose between them. If I don't know what the outcome of my picks will be then I can more easily take the test without actively choosing my type and influencing the test process. I would try them on socionics noobs who nothing or next to nothing about socionics, at least the tests and quadra descriptions.
    Yes, I am hoping it will be effective mostly for beginners. I understand the descriptions are repeated, but I'm still looking for accuracy and not looking to make them fresher and more appealing to those who already know them. I can't really fathom why that in of itself would be a criticism unless there's something to improve on.

From my personal standpoint of reading this test, I can favorably choose alpha quadra and intuition without much hesitation, which yields a typing of ENTp. I would think that the logic holds up...if someone were in alpha quadra and valued/related to "intuition" above everything else, then one should be an ENTp. That is at least the principle.

Quote Originally Posted by jughead View Post
    Poli: the intuitive description doesn't sound like Ni its sounds more like a childlike form of , sesame st characters and such. I believe valuers would be more attracted to it if you used more ni phrasing like abstract thinking, and or "type mottos". For instance intp is "discovering underlying trends and benefiting from them". The IEI one is really weak though it really means nothing, its too vague. Both could say use trends, time based patters or other Ni semantics from the semantics list to better represent Ni. In fact use all the semantics for each element.
    Vague ideas for a test: Since socionics types "overall moods" were distilled I think a mood test for overall mood might be a easily modifiable test to find socionics types.
    Ah okay, I see. Thanks for the criticism. This is more or less a criticism to Rick's interpretation. I think I can find a better interpretation somewhere. Or perhaps rephrase the test to ask one to chose from all 8 functions instead of 4, even though it seems like 4 should work for both introversion and extroversion if the wording can be found.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Well, that was quick and easy.

Your result for The Quick and Easy Socionics Personality Test ...

The Imaginative INFp

Introverted Intuition, Extroverted Ethics

Note the following description may not fit perfectly, however based on your test result, it is still your recommended personality type.

If the INFp had a theme song, it would go thusly:

“I go – but where, o gods
    since for his torment and my pleas
    Heaven offers no pity?

You who speak to my heart,
    Guide my steps, dear love;
    Ease that uncertainty,
    That urges me to doubt.”

- LORENZO DA PONTE (1749-1838)

The INFp is perpetually caught within that “pondering repose of If” that Herman Melville wrote of in Moby-Dick. He is forever in doubt. He never truly feels at ease with the ways of this world, its people and its circumstances. It is not that he does not understand things – but that he doubts his own understanding. In fact, he is capable of an understanding on a far more visceral level than his peers are. He “feels” that he has understood something rather than “knows” that this is the case. True understanding for an INFp is forever linked with the word “revelation.” He will never claim to have deduced an understanding, but will instead say that the truth was “revealed” to him.

INFps are distinguished by their sense of humor. Their humor is spontaneous, cutely ironic, and oftentimes rather random. They may put on a faзade of being under the influence of any number of substances, and as a result may appear childish, out-of-touch, and spacey. This is actually a defense mechanism to distance themselves from a contrived existence. When acting like this, they are most likely thinking: “You people take yourselves way too seriously.” They may seem estranged from reality, but they in fact dwell on a far more significant plane in their own minds. Internally they understand full well the gritty undertones of life, but see the world within the context of an overarching, transcendent framework that liberates him from the trappings of the workaday world. They have their eyes on “bigger issues” at hand.

At their core, INFps cannot bear being disliked – they would rather die beloved than live despised. In social situations, they tend to take on the role of a pacifist – averting conflict, to the point of putting themselves in the middle of an argument. They rarely like taking sides unless they truly believe they are acting nobly. They want to be thought of as wise beyond their years (and they often are), sometimes taking on the role of a learned sage come down from the mountaintop after having spent fifty years observing the ways of his fellow men. They can become great at debate if the topic is one they care about, but will often turn to impressive and pensive rhetoric as opposed to solid factual evidence when making their case.

The INFp gets along most favorably (especially long term) with The Playful ESTp.

YOUR ANALYSIS (Vertical line = Average)

• You scored 50% on ENTp, higher than 38% of your peers.

• You scored 0% on ISFp, higher than 44% of your peers.

• You scored 0% on ESFj, higher than 43% of your peers.

• You scored 0% on INTj, higher than 42% of your peers.

• You scored 50% on ESTp, higher than 47% of your peers.

• You scored 100% on INFp, higher than 40% of your peers.

• You scored 50% on ENFj, higher than 45% of your peers.

• You scored 50% on ISTj, higher than 44% of your peers.

• You scored 0% on ESFp, higher than 47% of your peers.

• You scored 50% on INTp, higher than 42% of your peers.

• You scored 0% on ENTj, higher than 44% of your peers.

• You scored 0% on ISFj, higher than 46% of your peers.

• You scored 50% on ENFp, higher than 37% of your peers.

• You scored 0% on ISTp, higher than 44% of your peers.

• You scored 0% on ESTj, higher than 41% of your peers.

• You scored 0% on INFj, higher than 43% of your peers.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

Banned
    TIM
    SLE/LSE sx/sp
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

That one was a surprise, ISTj in this one.

"Note the following description may not fit perfectly, however based on your test result, it is still your recommended personality type.

“People have to be given the freedom to show the heart they possess. I think it’s a leader’s responsibility to provide that type of freedom. And I believe it can be done through relationships and family. Because if a team is a real family, it’s members want to show you their hearts.” ~ Mike Krzyzewski

Most ISTjs are quickly perceived as quiet, thoughtful and steady when viewed from a distance. They are the “inspectors” in society. Their thought process seems to be slow, through, and meticulous. This is because they do not trust their ability to juggle many things at once, but prefer deep, sequential evaluations. They love clarity and consistency, and often shun unexpected changes or disorganization. They sometimes like to show a dominant appearance; chest out, back stiff, and preferring to look at an angle down on people. They are steady and controlled with their movements. When ISTjs smile, it is usually a small, confident smile, yet not big enough to show off their teeth.

ISTjs attempt to control themselves and their emotions most of the time. They value being patient, considerate, and objective while dealing with people. This can change, however, when you test their patience too long. They can sometimes be susceptible to sudden changes in attitude, and become overly aggressive. When this happens, they raise their voice, criticizing what they consider to be the “wrongs” done, gesticulating wildly. ISTjs are stalwarts who love power and control, and they like their presence to be known. They can get very upset when they feel like people aren’t paying attention to them while they are speaking.

ISTjs pay a lot of attention to details while working. They don’t always view everything at the same time, but they try and uncover every stone. They take a clear, narrow view at one particular fact, then dig through, meticulously and analytically, to slowly reveal and see the whole picture; not vaguely and intuitively, but clearly and confidently. In this respect, they value a certain quality much higher than a lot of quantity. The work that ISTjs do they do with effort and dedication. Everything, including their free time, must have a purpose to an ISTj. They are willful, and are usually good at getting the work done that is required.

The ISTj gets along most favorably with (especially long term) The Sacrificial ENFj."

entp (chose last in 1 and first in 2)

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

this is the worst stuff I have taken in a while, good work

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ENTp the first time. Then I changed my answer on the first question and got INTj. I had trouble deciding between T and N on the first one.
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

INFp, twice (yesterday and today).

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

The Effervescent ENFp

Extroverted Intuition, Introverted Ethics
    Note the following description may not fit perfectly, however based on your test result, it is still your recommended personality type.

Never ask an ENFp to describe him or herself. Do you have a couple of days? What you will end up with is a vast collection of interesting contradictions. Why is that? It is because of the particular nature of this creative, unusual person.

ENFps greet the world expectantly. Outwardly to others an ENFp may seem like a happy chappy. They are easy going, easily pleased and interested in everything around them; especially people. ENFps love people and will often bend to the needs and desires of others without asking much in return. They really enjoy listening to others, and to move the conversation along they can be quite revealing of their own experiences to get the other person to open up. It seems as if they give themselves away completely, but this is not quite true. The ENFp has dimensions to him or herself that are never revealed to anyone except for a very close and trusted companion. If such a companion is not found then they will feel lonely even though surrounded by good company.

Don’t be fooled entirely by an ENFp’s interest in you, though. ENFps are genuinely interested in people, but are also very interested in patterns of social behavior. ENFps are a social scientist. They don’t need formulas and charts to be keep track of their findings. Information on the motivations and needs of people are constantly being added to the interior laboratory of ideas. ENFps will often uses themselves as a crucible to determine the value and weight of others inner world. They will subtly test their subjects with questions and actions designed almost subconsciously to provoke a response. The split nature of the ENFp is to be involved and at the same time uninvolved, observing their ‘subject’ not unlike protozoa under a microscope.

The ENFp gets along most favorably (especially long term) with The Enigmatic ISTp.

I really look like that dude.

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 717495 View Post
    http://www.helloquizzy.com/tests/the...rsonality-test

I had a hard time picking between the S and T options for the first question. I guess I'm not there yet with recognizing the unique quality of my leading function for other people blahblah

The quadra part was cool, I pretty much end up as SLE or LSI