Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 64

Thread: Typing someone who is annoying me

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    BC
    TIM
    Ti-LSI, 6w5, ISTJ
    Posts
    203
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Typing someone who is annoying me

    I am in a church group for young people and there is one person (let's call him B) that I find really annoying.

    B is a 22 years old male. B was born in China and moved to Canada at a rather young age (probably before he turned 7 years old).

    B insults people in his jokes: one of his friend (Most likely ESFj.. less likely ESFp) took a long time in calculating restaurant tips because he took a while to use his new phone's calculator. B then started saying that the person calculating the tip "should go back to school and take some math" to everyone around him. He repeated it about 15 times without people responding to him. B does make it sound like an assertive statement and that he isn't frowning.

    B is loud when talking.

    Incident 1

    B is pushy: When I missed two weeks of that church group, he say to me: "you should come every week" in a commanding tone but he's also smiling. I find it very confusing and also frustrating to hear this because it puts guilt in me.

    Incident 2

    He is possibly manipulative. He wanted to buy my NDS lite. He says "I'll buy it for 45, that's the price right now." I am suspecting that's not the correct price and that he's low balling. He make it sound very sure.

    Incident 3

    I was driving, and he was sitting in the car. At one point, I wasn't sure where I was going because someone suggested a business's name without telling me where it is. He said in a very sure tone while I was driving giving me direction: "Take a left here and to go on this side street. Then u-turn back on the major street. Take the road here and then you'll hit X street and it'll take you there." While I was executing the u-turn menuavor, I asked where is the location. When I understood the location I got pretty pissed because:
    1) it's a route that has more traffic light.
    2) It's a route that is further away.
    3) I know there is a better route. - I hate people who pretend they know something when they don't
    4) He sounds like he is so sure in his tone of voice and I felt I was fooled.

    It took a few seconds for me to reassees and orientate myself and then go on my own route.

    It was pretty obvious that I was pissed at him. He then started addressing me with Chinese honorific for an elder male friend. He has never done that before. I am also older than him.

    I am hoping people can help shed light on what type this person is or whatever it is simply not type related. Pretty sure he's a T type. Perhaps it is just poor social skill? I'll also take tactics on dealing with him. I know I need to be more assertive..

    Thank you so much.
    Last edited by Ozz; 03-26-2011 at 08:46 PM.

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    18,006
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Definitely user Maritsa on here and I'm not joking.

  3. #3
    Banned Jinxi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    TIM
    IEI-Ni 4w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    973
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Absurd View Post
    Definitely user Maritsa on here and I'm not joking.

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    18,006
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jinxi View Post
    Yup, annoying part fits, rest fits as well.

  5. #5
    ._. Aiss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    TIM
    IEI
    Posts
    2,015
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Sounds like you have an ESTj on your hands. Enjoy.

    /joking

    FTR, 3 does sounds like devalued (PoLR?) Se/Ni. Won't get to the point, just get into explaining by giving away a bit of info at the time, to make you follow their way, and taking the longest route possible - in this case literally, but I mean mostly metaphorically.

  6. #6
    Robot Assassin Pa3s's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Germany
    TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Posts
    3,648
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jinxi View Post
    You're around here for a few days, yet you behave like you'd be there even before the forum started, being categorical in judgements and disdainful in discussions. Why is that? What's your problem?
    „Man can do what he wants but he cannot want what he wants.“
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

  7. #7
    Haikus Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,740
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    B is not my dual.

    You two are differing values; someone is Fe and the other one is Fi; this is best expressed in the emotional affect that he produces when saying something to you and your reaction to their "guilt" tripping.

  8. #8
    silke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    TIM
    Ni-IEI sx/sp
    Posts
    3,813
    Mentioned
    317 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    Sounds like a Te-ego to me. I've heard Ti-egos say things in very assertive tone of voice as a way of persuading others to do their bidding, but it sounds to me like he is extraverting his logic onto other people rather than using personal logic.

  9. #9
    Don't forget the the thehotelambush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    TIM
    LII
    Posts
    6,630
    Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    All the examples you mentioned involve him using to disparage people. I would guess LIE.

  10. #10
    Haikus Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,740
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by siuntal View Post
    Sounds like a Te-ego to me. I've heard Ti-egos say things in very assertive tone of voice as a way of persuading others to do their bidding, but it sounds to me like he is extraverting his logic onto other people rather than using personal logic.
    He's not efficient, asked for a route that required too many turns. He didn't plan ahead either.

  11. #11
    silke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    TIM
    Ni-IEI sx/sp
    Posts
    3,813
    Mentioned
    317 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    He's not efficient, asked for a route that required too many turns. He didn't plan ahead either.
    That's Te-Si. He recommended the route he took before because he was most familiar with it. If he used Ni he would calculate and recommend a route that takes least time.

  12. #12
    Haikus Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,740
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by siuntal View Post
    That's Te-Si. He recommended the route he took before because he was most familiar with it. If he used Ni he would calculate and recommend a route that takes least time.
    So you think he's LIE?

  13. #13
    peteronfireee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    TIM
    LSI
    Posts
    521
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Hmm..this dynamic sounds awfully familiar between me and an estj/lse i know.

    How long have you known this guy and how close is the interaction?

    If he was entj/lie that would be illusionary with you, which would feel a lot less annoying than a contrary relationship (estj/lse)
    Last edited by peteronfireee; 03-26-2011 at 11:43 PM.

  14. #14
    High Priestess glam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    2,388
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    i concur wholeheartedly with LSE. i have to go now, but will post more thoughts on this later.

  15. #15
    cunnilingus epilepsy inducer
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    1,429
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I'm guessing SLI, I'm sensing some Fe polr. Maybe LSE.

  16. #16
    silke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    TIM
    Ni-IEI sx/sp
    Posts
    3,813
    Mentioned
    317 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    So you think he's LIE?
    Well this guy seems to have recommended a route that he has previously taken. In other words, he is conservative in the physical realm picking familiar road, which points towards him using Si. LIEs use Ni-Se so they would try to conserve time (Ni) but have no problem changing the actual route (Se).

    The way he relays his statements as orders points towards him having extraverted judging function in the ego. That he has no problem being critical and is not very emotionally attuned to other people points towards Te rather than Fe. I would go with LSE or SLI, but there isn't a ton of information in the OP to go by really.

  17. #17
    Hot Message FDG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Freiburg im Breisgau
    TIM
    ENTj
    Posts
    15,632
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    LIE could make sense, from my personal perspective. I don't understand what's so annoying about this guy...you're suspecting a lot, but there seems to be little evidence of his malevolence.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

  18. #18
    crazedrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    moon
    Posts
    4,885
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    none of those incidents sound that bad. I dont think I can type him based on what you said here. But Te is a good guess.

  19. #19
    Banned Jinxi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    TIM
    IEI-Ni 4w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    973
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by siuntal View Post
    Well this guy seems to have recommended a route that he has previously taken. In other words, he is conservative in the physical realm picking familiar road, which points towards him using Si. LIEs use Ni-Se so they would try to conserve time (Ni) but have no problem changing the actual route (Se).

    The way he relays his statements as orders points towards him having extraverted judging function in the ego. That he has no problem being critical and is not very emotionally attuned to other people points towards Te rather than Fe. I would go with LSE or SLI, but there isn't a ton of information in the OP to go by really.
    Or his intention was to take the longer route to piss him off. There's not much to go with in the OP. Guy could be any type.

  20. #20
    silke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    TIM
    Ni-IEI sx/sp
    Posts
    3,813
    Mentioned
    317 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jinxi View Post
    Or his intention was to take the longer route to piss him off. There's not much to go with in the OP. Guy could be any type.
    From everything else he has described of this guy this is low probability event, hence why I considered it but did not mention in my reply. I'm basing my conclusion on the highest probability simplest explanations of the guys' behaviors. Since there aren't many details to go any judgement can of course be way off the mark.

  21. #21

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    BC
    TIM
    Ti-LSI, 6w5, ISTJ
    Posts
    203
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Thank you everyone for helping and responding. I realize that whatever information I was able remember was not very useful simply because I don't tend to pick up those useful info naturally. I just want to thank all of you for putting up with that.

  22. #22

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    BC
    TIM
    Ti-LSI, 6w5, ISTJ
    Posts
    203
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Peteronfireee View Post
    Hmm..this dynamic sounds awfully familiar between me and an estj/lse i know.

    How long have you known this guy and how close is the interaction?

    If he was entj/lie that would be illusionary with you, which would feel a lot less annoying than a contrary relationship (estj/lse)
    I have known this person for about 6 months. I have had about 8 interactions with him. The interactions are not close. I talked to other people and he acts this way to everyone it seems. So he is not doing it intentionally to me.

    It's just the way he acts gets on my nerve. Every time he says one of his statement, I had to pause, assess for a few seconds, then decide what to do with it. Those statements all make sense in some ways. He's burning a lot of my mental energy.

    Example: "you should come every week"
    My mental process: "Perhaps I should, sure, but wait, what was I doing last week? Oh I was busy and I prioritize something else over this event." I feel guilty based on that internal dialog. I don't like feeling obligated.

    This is beginning to look like ExTj + some non-type related aggressive behavior issue.

  23. #23
    Creepy-male

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MegaDoomer View Post
    You're around here for a few days, yet you behave like you'd be there even before the forum started, being categorical in judgements and disdainful in discussions. Why is that? What's your problem?
    Yes very interesting, I actually have been looking at this recently and wondering....

    It makes me have a suspicion that the person either

    1) Has some kind of thing with joining in on bashing some individual to become accepted, finding some communal scapegoat to build a comradere amongst others

    2) Could be a previous member signed in under a different name who has followed the history

    3) Has an instinctive desire to bash or pick on people, and has joined this forum after recently seeing an opportunity to do so

    I don't really know, but its hard to imagine over the course of less than a month developing a strong enough annoyance of maritsa, other members have had this burning on the backburner for some time.

  24. #24
    Banned Jinxi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    TIM
    IEI-Ni 4w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    973
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Who cares? It's maritsa. It's like harming a goldfish; It won't notice.

  25. #25
    crazedrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    moon
    Posts
    4,885
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    she notices. We fuck with her alot. A little too much... meh whatever, who am I to talk?

  26. #26
    Haikus Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,740
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by crazedratsghost View Post
    she notices. We fuck with her alot. A little too much... meh whatever, who am I to talk?
    Yeah, who are you? You do most of it. And yes I do notice and if you think it doesn't hurt me than maybe you should reconsider that thought.

  27. #27
    Banned Jinxi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    TIM
    IEI-Ni 4w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    973
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by crazedratsghost View Post
    she notices. We fuck with her alot. A little too much... meh whatever, who am I to talk?
    And that hasn't stopped her from leaving. Surprise! She's still here. She's just dense and she approaches things from tangents that have no substance, hence the easiness in fucking with her. Simply put, she's an easy target...what seems to be the problem?

  28. #28
    Banned Jinxi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    TIM
    IEI-Ni 4w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    973
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    Yeah, who are you? You do most of it. And yes I do notice and if you think it doesn't hurt me than maybe you should reconsider that thought.
    It's your fault; You bring it onto yourself. If you're so emotionally aware, you should have the capacity and foresight to know that your stupid action will receive a stupid response. You're hurting yourself.

  29. #29
    Haikus Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,740
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jinxi View Post
    It's your fault; You bring it onto yourself. If you're so emotionally aware, you should have the capacity and foresight to know that your stupid action will receive a stupid response. You're hurting yourself.
    I'm doing what I like and enjoy, the world isn't full of nice people who have best intentions in mind.

    I'm not running away because of scummy people who can't control themselves. And, I'm not going to fall victim either. I'm going to do what I like. PERIOD, regardless of what others are.

  30. #30
    Banned Jinxi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    TIM
    IEI-Ni 4w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    973
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    I'm doing what I like and enjoy, the world isn't full of nice people who have best intentions in mind.
    Then you're not allowed to be hurt since you are fully aware of your actions and the ensuing consequences.

  31. #31
    Haikus Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,740
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jinxi View Post
    Then you're not allowed to be hurt since you are fully aware of your actions and the ensuing consequences.
    Are others allowed to be mean (that's an action, last time I checked)? If yes, than I'm allowed to be hurt.

    I can't account for immature people and their behaviors/actions due to lack of self reflection.

  32. #32
    Banned Jinxi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    TIM
    IEI-Ni 4w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    973
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    Are others allowed to be mean? If yes, than I'm allowed to be hurt.
    It's your fault that they're mean to you. Therefore, you have no right to complain or be hurt.

  33. #33
    Haikus Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,740
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jinxi View Post
    It's your fault that they're mean to you. Therefore, you have no right to complain or be hurt.
    You didn't answer my question. You're only making a statement out of your own understanding and perception. You might try to see outside of a box you have framed around what is one's fault or not.

  34. #34
    Banned Jinxi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    TIM
    IEI-Ni 4w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    973
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    You didn't answer my question. You're only making a statement out of your own understanding and perception. You might try to see outside of a box you have framed around what is one's fault or not.
    I think you're dumb so I don't wanna shift perspective and see things from your point-of-view. I'd lose 100 IQ points.

  35. #35
    Haikus Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,740
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jinxi View Post
    I think you're dumb so I don't wanna shift perspective and see things from your point-of-view. I'd lose 100 IQ points.
    Yes, it's the dumb me that challenges you to see from another perspective, which you refuse...that is smart of you. Certainly helps you understand more than you already do.

  36. #36
    Haikus Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,740
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    I'm done here.

  37. #37
    Banned Jinxi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    TIM
    IEI-Ni 4w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    973
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    Yes, it's the dumb me that challenges you to see from another perspective, which you refuse...that is smart of you. Certainly helps you understand more than you already do.
    I'm making the smart decision:

    1) I don't shift perspective and retain my already very high IQ or

    2) I shift perspective to your perspective and lose 100 IQ points.

    Which one? Hmm.......

    Uniden: Hmm....

    Hmm....

    Hmm....

    I'm human. I can't all of a sudden see things through a goldfish's eyes...even MY whimsical nature will not allow that. Sorry.

  38. #38
    Sir Knight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    523
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I would call this a back-and-forth but it's really more of tennis match played against a drooling, wheelchair bound quadriplegic.
    4w5 sp/sx

    Please, direct all questioning of my self-typing to this thread. Thank you.

  39. #39
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    18,006
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    So it's settled and decided, Maritsa is LSE and this guy is LSE.

  40. #40
    Robot Assassin Pa3s's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Germany
    TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Posts
    3,648
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HaveLucidDreamz View Post
    1) Has some kind of thing with joining in on bashing some individual to become accepted, finding some communal scapegoat to build a comradere amongst others
    That's pretty likely, yeah. However, he's not only insulting Maritsa, but also several other people on here. I think he has an extremely low self-esteem and therefore needs to degrade others in such a way in order to feel better. You could compare it with a bully in school. Well, it's probably even more pathetic because he's using a computer to do it.

    Quote Originally Posted by HaveLucidDreamz View Post
    2) Could be a previous member signed in under a different name who has followed the history
    It's possible, but I think it's not the case here. The trolling did not begin with the first thread iirc, maybe he was mad because Maritsa and Numbers requested such odd pics and information (which he provided btw).

    Quote Originally Posted by HaveLucidDreamz View Post
    3) Has an instinctive desire to bash or pick on people, and has joined this forum after recently seeing an opportunity to do so
    I think it's this combined with 1). He could have been lurking for a while, who knows?

    Quote Originally Posted by HaveLucidDreamz View Post
    I don't really know, but its hard to imagine over the course of less than a month developing a strong enough annoyance of maritsa, other members have had this burning on the backburner for some time.
    Yes, it is simply impossible. As I said, it seems like he knows everyone for years because he tries very hard to be part of the "we hate on Maritsa" group.
    „Man can do what he wants but he cannot want what he wants.“
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •