Thread: Beta ST and Alpha NT on authority

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Beta ST and Alpha NT on authority

"...an intense sense of injustice and anger at being mistreated by those in power, caused me to have horrific emotional episodes in which I would basically break down and become self-destructive. I hated school because it was a den of teacher abuse and bullying." (discojoe)

I saw discojoe post this and it reminded me of my own childhood which was quite similar. I thought of teachers as horrible human beings picking on the weak and toying with the children as they pleased.
    They did not listen to my arguments, just punished me for talking back at them.
    Teacher's didn't have to respect the students or listen to their opinions on anything. All of this made me angry.

I'm asking your opinions on this. What functions and relations were probably present?
    Do you think this could be about Ti conflicting with Fi(&Se?). On my part this is explainable, as Se is one of my weak functions, but how is discojoe's experience different then.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It depends what teachers you meet. Were all the same?
    Shock intuition, diamond logic.

The16types.info Scientific Model

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Ineffable View Post
    It depends what teachers you meet. Were all the same?
    They were mostly women and ethical I think. If I would have to stick a type on them I'd say they were SF.
    Of course some were more difficult than others. The whole problem vanished as I started high school.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This question interests me. I am fairly sure at this point that INTj/LII might best fit my personality. I can say that without a doubt I utterly hate the concepts of social hierarchy and authority, going so far as to say that anyone wishing to impose these things over others is in dire need of immediate and hostile eradication - although my own malcontent predominantly stems from the environment I witness in the workplace daily; I have more tolerance for student-teacher relationships that aren't exploitative.

Though my knowledge of Socionics is still humble yet, it was my thought too that this is a result of Ti conflicting with Se, especially if it is my own PoLR. "Authority" seems to me a massively Se concept.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

feeling a sense of outrage from being wronged by authority is not type related, sorry.

TIM
    Alpha NT?
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by labcoat View Post
    feeling a sense of outrage from being wronged by authority is not type related, sorry.
    That's true, but perhaps the source of this outrage differs. For example, what rankled me most in high school was a valid idea of someone's being stupidly dismissed by a teacher -- this wasn't a mere personal offense, but an offense against Reason. However, I believe that others did not particularly care about the truth, but simply wanted to get through the class; such people did not get worked up about teachers' narrow-mindedness and idiocy. Maybe yet others' ire would be triggered not by a teacher's incorrectness, but the personal slight that teacher committed in ignoring a student (if anyone felt this way, I'm sure it was a small minority, though).

I think such teachers manifest Se (wanting absolute control over a class) and Fi (demanding the respect of their inferiors, the students); consequently, they would most often conflict with an Fe- and Si-valuing outlook (the Alpha quadra, of course, being the source of all good in the world). However, downright bullying should incite the anger of all and would likely not be type-related.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think the most apparent difference between Alpha and Beta attitudes would be the difference between frustration with others' abuse of a trusted social position vs. a feeling of lacking control over one's actions.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Authority... it only pisses me off when people use it to deny others' rights.

TIM
    Ne-LII
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I used to get in a lot of trouble for backchatting teachers in my high school days.

Now I get in trouble for backchatting managers.

I just can't help myself, I have to point out flawed reasoning when it's directed at me.
    The mode of goodness conditions one to happiness, passion conditions him to the fruits of action, and ignorance to madness.

Chapter 14, Verse 9.
    The Bhagavad Gita