Results 1 to 22 of 22

Thread: An ESFj talks about Ni

  1. #1
    when you see the booty Galen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    everywhere at once
    Posts
    8,449
    Mentioned
    203 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default An ESFj talks about Ni

    "And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don't believe in magic will never find it." -Roald Dahl

    http://forum.socionix.com/
    It's pretty cool

  2. #2
    jughead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    NC
    TIM
    IEI
    Posts
    883
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    what was the point of this video?


    Subjectively:
    Guy was super baked got to stoned and was digesting a bowl of nasty chili and needed to take a shit REedEAL BAD.

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    88
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    What's Ni about it? Just because it talks about time? I don't think that qualifies.

  4. #4

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    5,101
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Most retarded video ever, I feel like I should charge you for that 1:35 of my time...lol.

  5. #5
    Juvenile shindaiwa21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles
    TIM
    H-ILE 6w7 sp/sx
    Posts
    114
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Igxfl View Post
    What's Ni about it? Just because it talks about time? I don't think that qualifies.
    we are all entitled to our opinions, unfortunately.

    Arctures: delta just produces boring people
    Arctures: but that's how we like it

    vero: who needs a real person
    vero: That's why I date an SLI

    dolphin: someone tell gulanzon adjusting shower water to the right temperature is not si

    Kraezz: you just have to do the Hitler thing sometimes

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Posts
    0
    Mentioned
    Post(s)
    Tagged
    Thread(s)

    Default

    This video is utterly terrible.

  7. #7
    EffyCold The Ineffable's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Wallachia
    TIM
    ILE
    Posts
    2,195
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shindaiwa21 View Post
    we are all entitled to our opinions, unfortunately.
    Are you aware that what you just said is a logical fallacy and proves nothing about his argument?
    Shock intuition, diamond logic.
     

    The16types.info Scientific Model

  8. #8
    Coldest of the Socion EyeSeeCold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Holy Temple of St. Augusta
    Posts
    3,693
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bolt View Post
    Are you aware that what you just said is a logical fallacy and proves nothing about his argument?
    (i)NTFS

    An ILI at rest tends to remain at rest
    and an ILI in motion is probably not an ILI

    31.9FM KICE Radio ♫ *56K Warning*
    My work on Inert/Contact subtypes

    Socionics Visual Identification(V.I.) Database
    Socionics Tests Database
    Comprehensive List of Socionics Sites


    Fidei Defensor

  9. #9
    silke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    TIM
    Ni-IEI sx/sp
    Posts
    3,801
    Mentioned
    317 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    I'll be the first one to say then that I thought it is funny.

    Quote Originally Posted by jughead View Post
    what was the point of this video?
    Ni works to conserve time and being PoLR the ESFj don't have good grasp on it. This video is thus a parody on ESFj use of their PoLR function. I guess once you connect all the dots it starts being funny. It's not meant to be serious.

  10. #10
    Sir Knight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    523
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by siuntal View Post
    I'll be the first one to say then that I thought it is funny.


    Ni works to conserve time and being PoLR the ESFj don't have good grasp on it. This video is thus a parody on ESFj use of their PoLR function. I guess once you connect all the dots it starts being funny. It's not meant to be serious.
    I thought it was pretty funny too. Kind of overblown.

    And yeah, the guy spent however long making a silly video about time, which is about the worst use of time you could ask for. See, Ni-PoLR!
    4w5 sp/sx

    Please, direct all questioning of my self-typing to this thread. Thank you.

  11. #11
    2 EVIL I golden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Several stories high
    TIM
    EIE prob 6
    Posts
    2,969
    Mentioned
    106 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    lmao, I love it.

  12. #12
    EffyCold The Ineffable's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Wallachia
    TIM
    ILE
    Posts
    2,195
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Coincidentally, I just read today an article regarding that picture in the video when the guy said "but it didn't work" (going back in time). The casualty on the table is Vladimir Komarov, a Russian cosmonaut. He died burning alive in his module, after entering the Earth's athmosphere and the parachutes failed to open. This is a long story, involving Gagarin, too, in a nutshell the space mission was continued despite technical problems and unfavorable reports.
    There are recordings with the transmissions around the Web.

     

    ---

    The video was awesome, btw (there's another funny one with "space" on that Youtube channel, check it out ). However, I fail to see why it was posted in "socionics discussion" as long as it's just a pun on Ni-PoLR.
    Shock intuition, diamond logic.
     

    The16types.info Scientific Model

  13. #13
    Le roi internet Bluenoir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Zeta Reticuli
    TIM
    Ne-LII
    Posts
    392
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ashton View Post
    This video was funny, and anybody who disapproves of it is a faggot.
    Non sequitur. Also begs the question of it being funny.
    The mode of goodness conditions one to happiness, passion conditions him to the fruits of action, and ignorance to madness.

    Chapter 14, Verse 9.
    The Bhagavad Gita

  14. #14
    Don't forget the the thehotelambush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    TIM
    LII
    Posts
    6,626
    Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Neotropic View Post
    Non sequitur. Also begs the question of it being funny.
    Wow, fallacy-citation fail. The obvious fallacy to cite is ad hominem. And since when is making a statement the same thing as begging the question? Although citing fallacies is probably one of the most obnoxious and usually irrelevant things you can do in an argument, in this case ad hominem obviously applies.

  15. #15

    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Posts
    0
    Mentioned
    Post(s)
    Tagged
    Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush View Post
    Wow, fallacy-citation fail. The obvious fallacy to cite is ad hominem. And since when is making a statement the same thing as begging the question? Although citing fallacies is probably one of the most obnoxious and usually irrelevant things you can do in an argument, in this case ad hominem obviously applies.
    To be fair, it really doesn't follow that anyone who thinks the video is not funny is a faggot.

  16. #16
    Creepy-male

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush View Post
    Wow, fallacy-citation fail. The obvious fallacy to cite is ad hominem. And since when is making a statement the same thing as begging the question? Although citing fallacies is probably one of the most obnoxious and usually irrelevant things you can do in an argument, in this case ad hominem obviously applies.
    LII Identity fight

  17. #17
    Le roi internet Bluenoir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Zeta Reticuli
    TIM
    Ne-LII
    Posts
    392
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Egbert Human View Post
    LII Identity fight
    RAWR!

    Wow, fallacy-citation fail. The obvious fallacy to cite is ad hominem. And since when is making a statement the same thing as begging the question? Although citing fallacies is probably one of the most obnoxious and usually irrelevant things you can do in an argument, in this case ad hominem obviously applies.
    It IS a non sequitur, in every sense of the word. How is not finding the video funny in any way connected to sexuallity.

    Begging the question

    is a type of logical fallacy in which the proposition to be proven is assumed implicitly or explicitly in the premise
    This video was funny, and anybody who disapproves of it is a faggot
    His premise is that the video is funny, he has not proved that initial point. Therefore to state that people who don't find it funny must be gay, begs the question that A. the video was funny, and B. that sexuallity is somehow connected.

    Also how can you say that the consistency of reasoning is irrelevant to the legitimacy of an argument. Are you sure you're LII

    citing fallacies is probably one of the most obnoxious
    That was the intention, I was trying to get a rise out of him. However, it looks like I hit an unintended target. I know, I know! trolling is wrong. However since this thread is hardly a serious one, I thought I would have a bit of fun with it. It's not as if you can claim I do anything deliberately vicious.
    Last edited by Bluenoir; 03-28-2011 at 05:08 AM.
    The mode of goodness conditions one to happiness, passion conditions him to the fruits of action, and ignorance to madness.

    Chapter 14, Verse 9.
    The Bhagavad Gita

  18. #18
    Don't forget the the thehotelambush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    TIM
    LII
    Posts
    6,626
    Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Lol, he wasn't even claiming to "prove" anything. How can you possibly prove an opinion like that?

    I'm not speaking as an admin here, just making an observation.

  19. #19
    Le roi internet Bluenoir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Zeta Reticuli
    TIM
    Ne-LII
    Posts
    392
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush View Post
    Lol, he wasn't even claiming to "prove" anything. How can you possibly prove an opinion like that?
    I know he isn't serious, I just wanted to play with him a bit.
    The mode of goodness conditions one to happiness, passion conditions him to the fruits of action, and ignorance to madness.

    Chapter 14, Verse 9.
    The Bhagavad Gita

  20. #20
    Creepy-male

    Default

    I found it funny

  21. #21
    I love you very, very much Snorkle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    TIM
    VERY MUCH
    Posts
    19
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    GALEN YOU ARE TYPED WRONG THIS VIDEO PROVES IT BECAUSE FI CARES ABOUT NOT BREAKING RELATIONS.. STOP BURNING PEOPLE WITH YOUR DRAMATIC FE.

    i am not dramatic. If you knew me you would know that I am a very calm person when I am not calm. I have dated many SLEs, although I do not date and they watch videos and that is Se. You are SLE.

  22. #22
    Slippery when wet Simon Ssmall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    ✈ ↺
    Posts
    2,231
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ashton View Post
    This video was funny, and anybody who disapproves of it is a faggot.

    Also, Ni has nothing directly to do with time.
    Wrong! Ni is time. Ni is responsible for the estimation of the passage of time, the understanding of a course of processes in time, and forecasting;

    http://www.socionics.com/articles/nifq.html

    Educatre your self before you type others.
    Where is your source?
    Looking for an Archnemesis. Willing applicants contact via PM.

    ENFp - Fi 7w6 sp/sx
    The Ineffable IEI
    The Einstein ENTp

    johari nohari
    http://www.mypersonality.info/ssmall/

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •