Results 1 to 19 of 19

Thread: My faces thingy

  1. #1
    Marie84's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    TIM
    EII
    Posts
    2,359
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default My faces thingy

    I ended-up doing all 16 types (used a site masher rather than software so some are a bit wonky), one for each gender, most of them I used 3 people, mainly celebrities and some mixed with people I know (me included). Feel free to make guess, answers will be posted later

    apologies to those with slow servers

    1


    2


    3


    4


    5


    6


    7


    8


    9


    10


    11


    12


    13


    14


    15


    16
    EII INFj
    Forum status: retired

  2. #2
    when you see the booty Galen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    everywhere at once
    Posts
    8,449
    Mentioned
    203 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    1. Fe-ISFp | IXFp
    2. Alpha SF, maybe ESFj | Too blurred to really tell
    3. Alpha irrational, neither more prominent than the other | ISFp?
    4. Ne-INTj | Ne ego
    5. IXFp | Ni/Se introvert
    6. Se ego | EXTp
    7. ?-ISTj | Se ego, maybe ESXp
    8. Kinda blurry, but beta rational | INTj
    9. Alpha SF, thinking ESFj | ESTJ?
    10. Some ISFj + INFj mush | Can't tell, looks like a mush between INXp and INTj
    11. ESFx | Seriously can't tell anything, ISXj?
    12. Ni-ENFj | Pi-EXTj
    13. Delta introvert | Se something, maybe ESTp
    14. Fe-ISFp + some ENFp | ESFp
    15. Delta introvert | INXj
    16. Fe-ESFj | Hard to tell, Si something
    "And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don't believe in magic will never find it." -Roald Dahl

    http://forum.socionix.com/
    It's pretty cool

  3. #3
    Robot Assassin Pa3s's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Germany
    TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Posts
    3,648
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Is Madonna in #12?
    „Man can do what he wants but he cannot want what he wants.“
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

  4. #4
    Darn Socks Director Abbie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Southwest USA
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    6,728
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Here are my guesses.
    1: IXFx
    2: ?
    3: IEE
    4: Beta
    5: Ego
    6: Beta
    7: ?
    8: ?
    9: ESXx
    10: IXXx
    11: XXFx
    12: Ego
    13: ?
    14: A Fairy and A Cowboy
    15: EII
    16: Ego

    ESTj
    1w2 sp/so 1-2-6
    Brilliand's Younger Sister
    Squishy's Older Sister

    Johari Nohari

    Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

  5. #5
    Darn Socks Director Abbie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Southwest USA
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    6,728
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I will be very disappointed if my EII geuss turns out to be wrong.
    I consider myself good at spotting duals.
    Last night a family of singers performed at our church. I tried doing some VIing, but decided there were too many of them, so I picked out the one most likely to be EII.

    ESTj
    1w2 sp/so 1-2-6
    Brilliand's Younger Sister
    Squishy's Older Sister

    Johari Nohari

    Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

  6. #6
    jughead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    NC
    TIM
    IEI
    Posts
    883
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    12-SLE-Ti sharon stone
    16-Mystery the pickup artist with kevin federline and disco joe

  7. #7
    Darn Socks Director Abbie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Southwest USA
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    6,728
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    So what are the answers?

    ESTj
    1w2 sp/so 1-2-6
    Brilliand's Younger Sister
    Squishy's Older Sister

    Johari Nohari

    Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

  8. #8
    ._. Aiss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    TIM
    IEI
    Posts
    2,015
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    #12 female evaporated.

    Bet she's ILI.

  9. #9
    Contrarian Traditionalist Krig the Viking's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Canada's Prairie Farmland
    TIM
    C-LII
    Posts
    2,647
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Here are my guesses, made before I looked at any of the other posts in this thread:

    1. EIE?
    2. ESE?
    3. ILE?
    4. IEE?
    5. EII?
    6. SLE?
    7. LSI?
    8. IEI?
    9. LIE?
    10. LII?
    11. LSE?
    12. ESI?
    13. ILI?
    14. SEE.
    15. SLI?
    16. SEI?

    It wasn't quite pure V.I., though, as I could tell who a couple of the source images were, and also knowing that there was one of each of the 16 types resulted in some logical deduction on my part. I'm curious to see how many I got right, though...
    Quaero Veritas.

  10. #10
    Marie84's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    TIM
    EII
    Posts
    2,359
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    sorry I've been off for awhile...

    Quote Originally Posted by MegaDoomer View Post
    Is Madonna in #12?
    yep

    Quote Originally Posted by Director Abbie View Post
    14: A Fairy and A Cowboy


    Quote Originally Posted by jughead View Post
    16-Mystery the pickup artist with kevin federline and disco joe
    LOL

    Quote Originally Posted by Ashton View Post
    Why don't you use the face averager here?: http://www.faceresearch.org/demos/

    It seems to render somewhat less blurred results.
    I tried that site but for some reason they came out even wonkier for me. The other site also already had a lot of celebrity pictures uploaded for use which saved time, and I wasn't really taking this too seriously anyways

    Quote Originally Posted by Krig the Viking View Post
    Here are my guesses, made before I looked at any of the other posts in this thread:

    1. EIE?
    2. ESE?
    3. ILE?
    4. IEE?
    5. EII?
    6. SLE?
    7. LSI?
    8. IEI?
    9. LIE?
    10. LII?
    11. LSE?
    12. ESI?
    13. ILI?
    14. SEE.
    15. SLI?
    16. SEI?

    It wasn't quite pure V.I., though, as I could tell who a couple of the source images were, and also knowing that there was one of each of the 16 types resulted in some logical deduction on my part. I'm curious to see how many I got right, though...
    I'm impressed, almost all of yours matched, kudos


    anywho, here are the answers

    1- IEI
    2- ESE
    3- ILE
    4- IEE
    5- EIE
    6- ESI
    7- LSI
    8- EII
    9- LIE
    10- LII
    11- LSE
    12- SLE
    13- ILI
    14- SEE
    15- SLI
    16- SEI
    EII INFj
    Forum status: retired

  11. #11
    ..so give me your wallet and.. eSDe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Kraków, Poland
    TIM
    LIE, 6w5, soc/sp
    Posts
    12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    V.I. is a DYNAMIC method, and here are STATIC images - only one for each person.
    This rules out dynamic typing.

    If I have a few static images that I can imagine a dynamic movie, but if I have only one - I can't.
    Themes: Satisfied the work process.
    Main goal: Achieving the required result.
    Methods: Any, effective.


    Pure logic is the ruin of the spirit

  12. #12
    Coldest of the Socion EyeSeeCold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Holy Temple of St. Augusta
    Posts
    3,693
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eSDe View Post
    V.I. is a DYNAMIC method, and here are STATIC images - only one for each person.
    This rules out dynamic typing.

    If I have a few static images that I can imagine a dynamic movie, but if I have only one - I can't.
    It can be both.

    ISTjs and INFps, having and , I think should be, functionally, the most adept.

    I excel at realtime typing.
    (i)NTFS

    An ILI at rest tends to remain at rest
    and an ILI in motion is probably not an ILI

    31.9FM KICE Radio ♫ *56K Warning*
    My work on Inert/Contact subtypes

    Socionics Visual Identification(V.I.) Database
    Socionics Tests Database
    Comprehensive List of Socionics Sites


    Fidei Defensor

  13. #13
    Darn Socks Director Abbie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Southwest USA
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    6,728
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    1: Yup
    3: Kindred
    4: Wrong
    5: Yup
    6: Wrong
    9: Wrong
    10: Yup
    11: Wrong
    12: Yes
    14: Yup
    15: Wrong
    16: Yes

    ESTj
    1w2 sp/so 1-2-6
    Brilliand's Younger Sister
    Squishy's Older Sister

    Johari Nohari

    Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

  14. #14
    Marie84's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    TIM
    EII
    Posts
    2,359
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Director Abbie View Post
    1: Yup
    3: Kindred
    4: Wrong
    5: Yup
    6: Wrong
    9: Wrong
    10: Yup
    11: Wrong
    12: Yes
    14: Yup
    15: Wrong
    16: Yes
    ftr, none of the people I used in this were typed based on VI but from doing research about them, or in other cases actually knowing them personally. Any correlation with VI matching was strictly coincidental

    But if you still feel I'm "wrong" than you're free to start your own VI hypotheses thread

    Quote Originally Posted by eSDe View Post
    V.I. is a DYNAMIC method, and here are STATIC images - only one for each person.
    This rules out dynamic typing.

    If I have a few static images that I can imagine a dynamic movie, but if I have only one - I can't.
    and that's why it's in the user hypotheses subforum, since everything here is based on more subjective thoughts meaning truth holds as much weight here as the individual decides it dose
    EII INFj
    Forum status: retired

  15. #15
    Coldest of the Socion EyeSeeCold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Holy Temple of St. Augusta
    Posts
    3,693
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default




    Resemblance?
    (i)NTFS

    An ILI at rest tends to remain at rest
    and an ILI in motion is probably not an ILI

    31.9FM KICE Radio ♫ *56K Warning*
    My work on Inert/Contact subtypes

    Socionics Visual Identification(V.I.) Database
    Socionics Tests Database
    Comprehensive List of Socionics Sites


    Fidei Defensor

  16. #16
    Marie84's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    TIM
    EII
    Posts
    2,359
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    they do look a like, interesting
    EII INFj
    Forum status: retired

  17. #17
    Darn Socks Director Abbie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Southwest USA
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    6,728
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marie84 View Post
    ftr, none of the people I used in this were typed based on VI but from doing research about them, or in other cases actually knowing them personally. Any correlation with VI matching was strictly coincidental

    But if you still feel I'm "wrong" than you're free to start your own VI hypotheses thread



    and that's why it's in the user hypotheses subforum, since everything here is based on more subjective thoughts meaning truth holds as much weight here as the individual decides it dose
    I assumed you were right and analyzed my own responses accordingly.

    ESTj
    1w2 sp/so 1-2-6
    Brilliand's Younger Sister
    Squishy's Older Sister

    Johari Nohari

    Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

  18. #18
    Contrarian Traditionalist Krig the Viking's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Canada's Prairie Farmland
    TIM
    C-LII
    Posts
    2,647
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marie84 View Post
    I'm impressed, almost all of yours matched, kudos
    Neat!

    My post-game analysis:

    1. Se-valuing seemed pretty clear to me from the heavy makeup use on the female image, in the sort of provocatively sexual manner of Se-valuers (which seems somewhat garish and off-putting from my Si-valuing perspective). The gaze of both images seemed somewhat unfocused (though it's hard to tell due to the somewhat imprecise composite). Neither seemed to have the latent "readiness to resist" of Se, so I guessed Beta NF (but I picked the wrong one).

    2. Alpha SF was my first intuitive impression, but I couldn't find any logical reason to back it up. But then I noticed that the male image probably contained Robin Williams, so I decided ESE was likely.

    3. Alpha was immediately apparent, but I thought the female image looked SEI at first. However, the guy was clearly intuitive, and I waffled a bit between ILE and IEE, before deciding that he was probably ILE and she, on second thought, was not inconsistent with ILE.

    4. Again, both images seemed to have an unfocused gaze, but it was hard to tell if that was just an artifact of the morphing process or what. I came back to this one when I had reduced the possible types down to a handful, and IEE fit better than the others.

    5. The female image immediately struck me as NF, but the "one eyebrow raised" expression reminded me of an EII I know, so I went with that. But in hindsight EIE makes sense, especially with the male image's "staring at a distant horizon" expression.

    6. The female image reminded me a bit of Courtney Love, who I type as SLE, so I went with that. The Se "readiness to resist" was apparent, anyway.

    7. The male image had the usual "tough" look I associate with ST, and I just went with my gut and said LSI.

    8. NF was fairly obvious, and the female image seemed introverted. The colouration of the female image made me think of "artsiness", of the IEI variety. But perhaps that wasn't deliberate?

    9. The female image looks like Jennifer Garner, but since I've never investigated her type, that didn't help. I think I left this one until near the end, after I'd eliminated the other possibilities.

    10. The female image looks like Nicole Kidman, who is commonly typed as LII, so I eventually went with that. The guy still doesn't look particularly LII to me, although that might be partly due to the weird shape his head wound up being.

    11. This was the first really obvious one. I hesitated for a while, because it seemed too obvious. But the guy has the classic "everyman hero" look of LSE, and the woman reminded me of the mom on Malcolm in the Middle and a co-worker of mine, both LSE in my opinion. So yeah.

    12. Like with #6, both images seemed to have the Se "readiness to resist", but I couldn't tell much else. They were obviously not SEE, so it was down to SLE or ESI. I thought the male image seemed introverted, so I picked ESI for this and SLE for #6.

    13. I think this was another one that I left until later. Neither image seemed particularly ILI to me, but they seemed more ILI than the other ones that were left.

    14. The male image is clearly Elvis, whom everyone knows is SEE.

    15. Like with #11, the male immediately seemed Delta ST to me -- he has the characteristic "soft toughness". Since I had typed #11 as LSE, and the guy seemed like he could be introverted, I went with SLI.

    16. I thought the male image looked like Mr. Bean, but I've never tried to type him, so that didn't help. The female seemed clearly SF (present-focused gaze, warm expression), and too soft to be Gamma. Since Robin Williams had already claimed ESE for #2, I was left with SEI.

    So, in summary, of the five I got wrong, I managed to get SLE and ESI mixed up (I could tell they were both Se-Egos, but not much beyond that. Probably the only reason I didn't also get SEE mixed up was because I could see Elvis hiding there. ), and apparently I can't tell my NFs apart, aside from IEE.

    Honestly, I'm surprised at how many I got right. When I first scrolled down over the faces, I thought there was no way I was going to guess these; I couldn't even tell them apart. A lot of it was pure intuitive guessing (Ni-related, I think), which I don't like relying on because it feels unreliable and kind of absurd to trust such a thing. I continue to be surprised at how accurate it can be.

    Now I'm curious as to the sources for each image...
    Quaero Veritas.

  19. #19
    Marie84's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    TIM
    EII
    Posts
    2,359
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Director Abbie View Post
    I assumed you were right and analyzed my own responses accordingly.
    ah okay my bad

    Quote Originally Posted by Krig the Viking View Post
    Neat!

    My post-game analysis:

    1. Se-valuing seemed pretty clear to me from the heavy makeup use on the female image, in the sort of provocatively sexual manner of Se-valuers (which seems somewhat garish and off-putting from my Si-valuing perspective). The gaze of both images seemed somewhat unfocused (though it's hard to tell due to the somewhat imprecise composite). Neither seemed to have the latent "readiness to resist" of Se, so I guessed Beta NF (but I picked the wrong one).

    2. Alpha SF was my first intuitive impression, but I couldn't find any logical reason to back it up. But then I noticed that the male image probably contained Robin Williams, so I decided ESE was likely.

    3. Alpha was immediately apparent, but I thought the female image looked SEI at first. However, the guy was clearly intuitive, and I waffled a bit between ILE and IEE, before deciding that he was probably ILE and she, on second thought, was not inconsistent with ILE.

    4. Again, both images seemed to have an unfocused gaze, but it was hard to tell if that was just an artifact of the morphing process or what. I came back to this one when I had reduced the possible types down to a handful, and IEE fit better than the others.

    5. The female image immediately struck me as NF, but the "one eyebrow raised" expression reminded me of an EII I know, so I went with that. But in hindsight EIE makes sense, especially with the male image's "staring at a distant horizon" expression.

    6. The female image reminded me a bit of Courtney Love, who I type as SLE, so I went with that. The Se "readiness to resist" was apparent, anyway.

    7. The male image had the usual "tough" look I associate with ST, and I just went with my gut and said LSI.

    8. NF was fairly obvious, and the female image seemed introverted. The colouration of the female image made me think of "artsiness", of the IEI variety. But perhaps that wasn't deliberate?

    9. The female image looks like Jennifer Garner, but since I've never investigated her type, that didn't help. I think I left this one until near the end, after I'd eliminated the other possibilities.

    10. The female image looks like Nicole Kidman, who is commonly typed as LII, so I eventually went with that. The guy still doesn't look particularly LII to me, although that might be partly due to the weird shape his head wound up being.

    11. This was the first really obvious one. I hesitated for a while, because it seemed too obvious. But the guy has the classic "everyman hero" look of LSE, and the woman reminded me of the mom on Malcolm in the Middle and a co-worker of mine, both LSE in my opinion. So yeah.

    12. Like with #6, both images seemed to have the Se "readiness to resist", but I couldn't tell much else. They were obviously not SEE, so it was down to SLE or ESI. I thought the male image seemed introverted, so I picked ESI for this and SLE for #6.

    13. I think this was another one that I left until later. Neither image seemed particularly ILI to me, but they seemed more ILI than the other ones that were left.

    14. The male image is clearly Elvis, whom everyone knows is SEE.

    15. Like with #11, the male immediately seemed Delta ST to me -- he has the characteristic "soft toughness". Since I had typed #11 as LSE, and the guy seemed like he could be introverted, I went with SLI.

    16. I thought the male image looked like Mr. Bean, but I've never tried to type him, so that didn't help. The female seemed clearly SF (present-focused gaze, warm expression), and too soft to be Gamma. Since Robin Williams had already claimed ESE for #2, I was left with SEI.
    the LII, LIE and ESE did come off the most wonky and I should have gone back and redid them, so I don't blame anyone for going wtf at them

    fwiw, I used a black and white picture for the EII one so that explains the weird discoloration compared to the others. Afterwords I came across a colored example but didn't bother replacing
    anywho, here's the colored one if anyone's interested



    btw you did correctly guess some of the people I used

    So, in summary, of the five I got wrong, I managed to get SLE and ESI mixed up (I could tell they were both Se-Egos, but not much beyond that. Probably the only reason I didn't also get SEE mixed up was because I could see Elvis hiding there. ), and apparently I can't tell my NFs apart, aside from IEE.

    Honestly, I'm surprised at how many I got right. When I first scrolled down over the faces, I thought there was no way I was going to guess these; I couldn't even tell them apart. A lot of it was pure intuitive guessing (Ni-related, I think), which I don't like relying on because it feels unreliable and kind of absurd to trust such a thing. I continue to be surprised at how accurate it can be.

    Now I'm curious as to the sources for each image...
    I'll PM you the sources, which I purposely didn't want to go too into here due to fear of this turning into a typing war rather than just some random users hypothesis thingy
    EII INFj
    Forum status: retired

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •