its interesting to relate concepts in socionics to the human understanding of space and time. i've always been of the opinion that the processes that govern our understanding of the world around us (i.e. its positioning and structuring in space) are the same processes as those using which we understand more abstract terms and ideas. numbers, for example, are simply positions on a dimensional line through a conceptual space. socionics has the potential of being linked to the unified process concerned here.

a number of very basic facts come to mind:
- understanding of the spatial world occurs through observation, and observation happens from a perspective.
- in understanding the spatial world, we isolate objects and/or spatial positions from that world.

- there is nothing that keeps an agent from processing a perspective without regard to the objects and/or spatial positions observed from that perspective. in other words, the perspective can be processed in a solipsistic, world-indifferent, subjective way.

- when instead, an object or position in the world is focussed on, there is never a complete divorce from the observational perspective possible. at best, the independent focus on an object occurs through the reconciliation of many perspectives such that the influence of any single perspective from the set concerned diminishes. the increasing of the number of reconciled perspectives increases the independence from any single perspective.

what is the relation to socionics in the above. i claim the following:

- perspective relates to Pi
- object or position relates to Pe
- solipsist, world-indifferent, subjective processing relates to Accepting P, i.e. Irrational
- reconciliatory, perspective divorcing processing relates to Creating P, i.e. Rational

Focussing on the J functions would provide a mirror image of these two. Please don't go whining about it that I call J types the reconciling objectivists here and P types the solipsists. Where J functions are concerned, the roles are reversed.

Accepting P makes Pi, the perspective, Focal. It locks down the focus on the perspective and leaves variable, underdetermined, what the perspective observes or depicts.
Creating P makes Pe, the object or spatial position, Focal. It locks the focus on the object or spatial position, seeking to remove the influence of the perspective such that the perspective becomes variable, irrelevant, contingent.