Punk
    TIM
    ESE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Gulenko and Processing Types

I am looking for something on the idea of having an IM type (which I suppose is just the way you process information internally - introverted nature) and a processing type (which I suppose is the way you exert and associate yourself externally, extroverted nature).

I don't know where I would find anything on it. Are there any recommendations for where I could find it? It's okay if it's in Russian.

Quote Originally Posted by wikipedia
    Multiple types
    In a 2000 paper, Gulenko proposes the existence of two or more types in one person.[6] Particularly, he proposes that numerous intra-type differences can be explained by proposing a second dimension of personality which has processing functions of its own. Socionists have argued for the existence of functional "accentuation" factors since the 1980s to account for these differences.
    In recent years, Gulenko has been published several papers on the 2nd type dimension through the Humanitarian Socionics Institute. He has concluded that it is a processor of energy, as opposed to information, and concerns the efficacy level of the person when dealing with various tasks. The research stands to be highly influential, having applications in career placement, psychotherapy, and informatics. Additionally, it brings clarity to some questions concerning the function order, explaining how information aspects can be processed in apparent violation of the functional succession rules. (the violating aspects are not information aspects at all, but aspects of energy whose processing functions are unrelated to the functions of the information metabolizing type or their ordering).
    Much appreciated.

Mentioned
    203 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As I recall, that article was written by tcaud anyways.
    "And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don't believe in magic will never find it." -Roald Dahl

http://forum.socionix.com/
    It's pretty cool

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Note also citing a socionics publication from a socionics organization as proof of the typology's scientific validity.

Creepy-male

Different articles if Divided is referencing the thing Rick was talking about.

There's multiple different multi-type systems.

Punk
    TIM
    ESE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Egbert Human View Post
    Different articles if Divided is referencing the thing Rick was talking about.

There's multiple different multi-type systems.
    I remembered reading somewhere about the idea that we can have a separate type that we draw when alone, not influenced by other people. I didn't give it much thought until now, so any information on the idea is welcome.

So it's really just Tcaud's dual-type theory though? I'm really hoping for something about this. It wouldn't have any effect on the relations or anything, but it might add another dimension to help clear certain aspects of it up that some might end up encountering.

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Divided View Post
    I remembered reading somewhere about the idea that we can have a separate type that we draw when alone, not influenced by other people. I didn't give it much thought until now, so any information on the idea is welcome.

So it's really just Tcaud's dual-type theory though? I'm really hoping for something about this. It wouldn't have any effect on the relations or anything, but it might add another dimension to help clear certain aspects of it up that some might end up encountering.
    Oh it affects relations. Hell, EM type determines whether or not you find any real consequence or interest in what a person is talking about (that and public/private). So, while IM type can be used to determine a relationship's trajectory once it starts, the EM type is a predictor of how deep the relationship will go in the first place.

Punk
    TIM
    ESE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ You know, I see what you mean now with the concept of dual type, if you mean that EM type is a superficial instinctive type that gets shown to the world and is rather static, whereas the IM type is reserved more or less for yourself and your interests and is dynamic, I could understand how both would affect relationships in different ways.

Not related to you or your post, but something I've accepted currently is that unfortunately this also calls into question what it is Socionics specifically is looking at then. It seems currently that it is based on anecdotal profiles and there is no specific basis for why the functions relate to one another in dual-pairs. The relations are even assumed static across all types and there doesn't seem to be any data with group think between types, which suggests something is seriously wrong. Although dual-type might clear it up, but it seems iffy. I'm abandoning Jungian theories unless someone can make a good definition of the IMs and build off that to create something that is variable, but relates well to the IMs.

Actually isn't that what supersocion theory is supposed to accomplish? That would be interesting if someone ever completes a working version of it in relation to information metabolism.

Contrarian Traditionalist Krig the Viking's Avatar
    TIM
    C-LII
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Divided View Post
    I am looking for something on the idea of having an IM type (which I suppose is just the way you process information internally - introverted nature) and a processing type (which I suppose is the way you exert and associate yourself externally, extroverted nature).

I don't know where I would find anything on it. Are there any recommendations for where I could find it? It's okay if it's in Russian.

Much appreciated.
    This article is probably the one referred to. It's a pretty good introduction to Gulenko's theories about multiple types: http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...ad.php?t=32836

Note that tcaudilllg's theories have diverged quite dramatically from Gulenko's, and should not be considered the same theory.
    Quaero Veritas.