LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP

Banned
    TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, I looked at this, and I enjoyed reading it. I have a lot of respect for this person. After having said that, I am now going to rip this apart and criticise their weak areas while inflating my own ego and bragging about my own skills.

If somebody writes 'one simple rule' to deal with something, that means it's one of their weak areas. If it's a strong area, their mind will be filled with hundreds of complex, interconnected, subtle rules and gray areas of uncertainty, and it doesn't bother them to have lots of gray areas of uncertainty.

I looked at one of this person's (is it a guy? I need to look again - I'll say it was a guy) blogs about going vegan. He copes with the whole field of nutrition by using 'one simple rule' - no animal products at all. I respond instantly by thinking of ten different situations in which 100% veganism can be bad for you, and ten different reasons why in each of the ten situations. (Okay, that's a slight exaggeration.) He doesn't know how and when to make exceptions to the one simple rule.

This person talks about his one simple rule (no animal products) as though he is the first person to have discovered this in all of human history, and he is very proud of himself. I'm not sure how old he is - I should look. How late in life did he finally get around to learning about nutrition?

Nutrition is a relatively strong area for me. I started learning about it in my teens, and nobody told me to, I just did. It is easy for me to remember lots of complexities in nutrition. In my late teens I was writing a journal about what foods I ate and what symptoms I had so I could troubleshoot what was causing what.

It's likely that a few years from now, he will learn a few more things that will tell him: it's not that simple, and you need to learn a few more simple rules to follow besides just 'no animal products at all.' So he might end up with five or six simple rules, and by then he will be getting irritated about having to remember all of that, and will be wishing someone else could just take care of this whole thing so he wouldn't have to worry about it at all.

I'm guessing Te is his vulnerable function. I could be wrong about that - I'm still just learning socionics myself. It's hard for him to learn about nutrition and all of the complex causes and effects and the technical details about nutrition. He doesn't like the idea that there are a million different things that can cause various effects, and he would have to remember them all and remember how they interact with each other and troubleshoot them all.

I'll probably change my mind about all of this later - I'm not sure.

Everyone has their weak areas, and believe me, if anyone ever decided to criticise my weak areas, they could rip me apart just as badly. So, like I said, I enjoyed reading the blog and have a lot of respect for the person. I want to go look at it again and continue trying to type it.

Banned
    TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To be less specific, I'd say:

Either Te or Ti is in his superego block.

Banned
    TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm getting EIE. When I read this, I kind of, sort of, almost like this guy... but... not quite. I appreciate his excellent writing but at the same time it doesn't work for me. I'm a SLI, so that might explain it. He says he has a whole lot of friends, so I'm going to say he's extraverted (I know that extraverted/introverted isn't quite that simple, but it's just a guess). I admire his writing from a distance, but feel no desire to keep going back to it and reading it again and again... so, EIE.

I see Fe here:
    http://www.raptitude.com/2009/03/six...s-to-be-human/

"I just took a look at CNN’s site and it was, as usual, boasting its favorite palette of troublesome nouns and verbs. Terror, death, murder, destruction, Bush. People do bad things sometimes; it’s not really news, I know. But contrary to popular notions, I think war, exploitation and violence are not the results of our differences. Rather, they are the result of our most pervasive similarity: that we all suffer, and none of us want to."

I see a weakness of Si here. It was funny and I could relate to it and I agree with all of it, but to me, this is obvious. When he writes about this, he writes as though it was a difficult struggle to finally figure out all these things, as though there was a time in the past when he DIDN'T know about this, and only just understood it recently.

http://www.raptitude.com/2009/03/how...king-you-over/

"Have you ever had someone trap you in a long-winded conversation when you have to pee really bad? No matter how patient a listener you are normally, you probably aren’t going to be too receptive. Physical bodily distress overrides all of your other priorities. It’s just mother nature looking out for you. No time for the luxury of a good mood when you’ve neglected your body."

And Ni here. Beautifully written and moving! Very powerful.
    http://www.raptitude.com/2009/06/thi...-happen-again/

"Nothing is permanent. That’s not really news, but it may mean more than you think, on a day-to-day level.

In each moment, everything around you is constantly changing, and it never changes back. It’s always new.

Some changes are subtle, some dramatic, but all of it is changing.

Life is uncertain by its very nature. Except for this:

No matter what is happening right now,

It will never happen again."