Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Parallel to self dualization(Serious thread inside)

  1. #1
    ILE - ENTp 1981slater's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Spain
    TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Posts
    4,866
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Parallel to self dualization...(Serious thread inside)

    ...comes "joining the Dark Side". What does it mean?

    Background:

    Ne = integrity of the external situation, being a giver, being a good guy/girl/robot, help others without expecting anything in return

    Ni = integrity of the internal situation, being a taker, winning no matter what the cost, help yourself, get what you want

    Too much Ne --> you are a moron, everybody benefits from you and you get nowhere

    Too much Ni --> you always get what you want ignoring the feelings of others, which eventually makes you end up labelled as "selfish" or "criminal"

    On the one hand, people have to self dualize (namely developing our 5th and 6th functions). On the other hand, one must maintain an equilibrium between "winning" and "turning the other cheek".

    For Ne, it means being more practical

    For Ni, it means being more easygoing

    What do you think?

    ILE "Searcher"
    Socionics: ENTp
    DCNH: Dominant --> perhaps Normalizing
    Enneagram: 7w6 "Enthusiast"
    MBTI: ENTJ "Field Marshall" or ENTP "Inventor"
    Astrological sign: Aquarius

    To learn, read. To know, write. To master, teach.

  2. #2
    not gonna be around as much anymore
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    TIM
    C-IEE
    Posts
    1,258
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 1981slater View Post
    For Ne, it means being more practical

    For Ni, it means being more easygoing

    What do you think?

    I am Ne-Base and my husband is Ni-Base. I suppose the above could apply to us, in that he is certainly the more practical of the two and I can learn that from him (though I also learned it from my parents, so it's not like I ever fit in the "moron" category lol); and he certainly needs some help from me at times to be more easygoing and open-minded.
    My life's work (haha):
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin/blog.php?b=709
    Input, PLEASEAnd thank you

  3. #3
    Haikus Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,740
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    Is everyone benefiting from you?

  4. #4
    not gonna be around as much anymore
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    TIM
    C-IEE
    Posts
    1,258
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    Is everyone benefiting from you?
    Not everyone. And not all the time. I certainly try to be helpful. But, not at the expense of my own needs. I also benefit from others.
    My life's work (haha):
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin/blog.php?b=709
    Input, PLEASEAnd thank you

  5. #5
    lump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    TIM
    Fi/Te 6 sp/sx
    Posts
    12,596
    Mentioned
    631 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    so what you're saying is we can go overboard with our superid? idk. maybe w/ our HA. "develop your superid, but be careful?"

  6. #6
    Coldest of the Socion EyeSeeCold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Holy Temple of St. Augusta
    Posts
    3,693
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 1981slater View Post
    ...comes "joining the Dark Side". What does it mean?

    Background:

    Ne = integrity of the external situation, being a giver, being a good guy/girl/robot, help others without expecting anything in return

    Ni = integrity of the internal situation, being a taker, winning no matter what the cost, help yourself, get what you want

    Too much Ne --> you are a moron, everybody benefits from you and you get nowhere

    Too much Ni --> you always get what you want ignoring the feelings of others, which eventually makes you end up labelled as "selfish" or "criminal"

    On the one hand, people have to self dualize (namely developing our 5th and 6th functions). On the other hand, one must maintain an equilibrium between "winning" and "turning the other cheek".

    For Ne, it means being more practical

    For Ni, it means being more easygoing

    What do you think?

    Thrown in Ne + Ti Fe Si and Ni + Te Fi Se and this is pretty much invalidated.

    ENTp is not completely generous
    INTp is not completely self-absorbed

    ===
    Ooops, nvm. I still regard my response as valid but I was thinking of your theory relative to time and space. I see you're looking at the functions statically and separately.
    Last edited by EyeSeeCold; 03-17-2011 at 07:39 PM.
    (i)NTFS

    An ILI at rest tends to remain at rest
    and an ILI in motion is probably not an ILI

    31.9FM KICE Radio ♫ *56K Warning*
    My work on Inert/Contact subtypes

    Socionics Visual Identification(V.I.) Database
    Socionics Tests Database
    Comprehensive List of Socionics Sites


    Fidei Defensor

  7. #7
    stray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    864
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    In groups I tend to play down my position, but no random Joe would prevent me from denying them. I was never one who could be pressured into doing things for just anyone.. just for the sake of harmony or something. To use an example, I was never one to give rides to the cool kids in highschool. Heh. Never one to inconvenience myself out of fear or some need to please. Also, people like that act entitled when you deny them. They say "What?!" Which just seals the deal to me that they're jerks.

    I remember some thread not long ago where someone mentioned an EII they knew who was doing chores for people in his apartment complex or something. Give me a break. The fact that people would expect something like that from a person would tell me that they don't deserve any friendship or generosity at all. Only someone who was very naive on relationships would give in.

  8. #8
    Ti centric krieger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    5,983
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Ne is generous with words but not with deeds.
    i agree. i don't have the image of alpha NTs being very charitable people at all. if anything they are typically very eager to prescribe certain charitable behaviors along the lines of "if everybody did X, the world would be a better place", but then go ahead and NOT proactively do that thing themselves. the prescription is just an intellectual challenge that way, and not an impetus to action.

  9. #9
    Haikus Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,740
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by labcoat View Post
    i agree. i don't have the image of alpha NTs being very charitable people at all. if anything they are typically very eager to prescribe certain charitable behaviors along the lines of "if everybody did X, the world would be a better place", but then go ahead and NOT proactively do that thing themselves. the prescription is just an intellectual challenge that way, and not an impetus to action.
    Exactly. That's why they can be brutal when singling out groups and in support of their ideas like Hitler. This is where they don't value individuality and true altruism.

  10. #10
    Ti centric krieger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    5,983
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default


  11. #11
    stray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    864
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Wow, that was out of nowhere..

    Usually you see Godwin's law coming from a mile away.

  12. #12

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    TIM
    ILE
    Posts
    100
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Self dualization sounds like and rhymes with masturbation ==> It must be true.

    But! Is this the most efficient way to accomplish self dualization?

    also: Altruism will be the doom of mankind

  13. #13
    redbaron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    9,321
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by siuntal View Post
    Ne is generous with words but not with deeds. If you have too much Ne you may end up blabbering a lot, telling extensive stories, and not getting to the point. Too much focus on the process. Ne may be confused for generosity where it is combined with Fe as is the case of Ne-ILEs.

    Too much Ni makes you speak very little. You don't share your thoughts with others where as with too much Ne you'll be sharing them all the time. I've heard Ni-IEIs being called bores by other people trying to interact with us because we say so little.
    I never thought about it quite this way before but it's SO TRUE. My IEE mom and both my IEE friends talk a lot. Even the males. There's a LOT of digression and following various lines of thought. It can get tiring after awhile. Seems like there's less of this with ILE but I think the ones I know are Ti-subs.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

  14. #14
    EffyCold The Ineffable's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Wallachia
    TIM
    ILE
    Posts
    2,195
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by plotter View Post
    Self dualization sounds like and rhymes with masturbation ==> It must be true.
    In this case it sounds like 'mental masturbation'. Six syllables, I mean.
    Shock intuition, diamond logic.
     

    The16types.info Scientific Model

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •