Thread: Parallel to self dualization(Serious thread inside)

TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Parallel to self dualization...(Serious thread inside)

...comes "joining the Dark Side". What does it mean?

Background:

Ne = integrity of the external situation, being a giver, being a good guy/girl/robot, help others without expecting anything in return

Ni = integrity of the internal situation, being a taker, winning no matter what the cost, help yourself, get what you want

Too much Ne --> you are a moron, everybody benefits from you and you get nowhere

Too much Ni --> you always get what you want ignoring the feelings of others, which eventually makes you end up labelled as "selfish" or "criminal"

On the one hand, people have to self dualize (namely developing our 5th and 6th functions). On the other hand, one must maintain an equilibrium between "winning" and "turning the other cheek".

For Ne, it means being more practical

For Ni, it means being more easygoing

What do you think?

ILE "Searcher"
    Socionics: ENTp
    DCNH: Dominant --> perhaps Normalizing
    Enneagram: 7w6 "Enthusiast"
    MBTI: ENTJ "Field Marshall" or ENTP "Inventor"
    Astrological sign: Aquarius

To learn, read. To know, write. To master, teach.

not gonna be around as much anymore
    TIM
    C-IEE
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 1981slater View Post

What do you think?

I am Ne-Base and my husband is Ni-Base. I suppose the above could apply to us, in that he is certainly the more practical of the two and I can learn that from him (though I also learned it from my parents, so it's not like I ever fit in the "moron" category lol); and he certainly needs some help from me at times to be more easygoing and open-minded.
    My life's work (haha):
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin/blog.php?b=709
    Input, PLEASEAnd thank you

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Is everyone benefiting from you?

not gonna be around as much anymore
    TIM
    C-IEE
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    Is everyone benefiting from you?
    Not everyone. And not all the time. I certainly try to be helpful. But, not at the expense of my own needs. I also benefit from others.
    My life's work (haha):
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin/blog.php?b=709
    Input, PLEASEAnd thank you

TIM
    Fi/Te 6 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    631 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

so what you're saying is we can go overboard with our superid? idk. maybe w/ our HA. "develop your superid, but be careful?"

Coldest of the Socion EyeSeeCold's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 1981slater View Post
    ...comes "joining the Dark Side". What does it mean?

Background:

Ne = integrity of the external situation, being a giver, being a good guy/girl/robot, help others without expecting anything in return

Ni = integrity of the internal situation, being a taker, winning no matter what the cost, help yourself, get what you want

Too much Ne --> you are a moron, everybody benefits from you and you get nowhere

Too much Ni --> you always get what you want ignoring the feelings of others, which eventually makes you end up labelled as "selfish" or "criminal"

On the one hand, people have to self dualize (namely developing our 5th and 6th functions). On the other hand, one must maintain an equilibrium between "winning" and "turning the other cheek".

What do you think?

Thrown in Ne + Ti Fe Si and Ni + Te Fi Se and this is pretty much invalidated.

ENTp is not completely generous
    INTp is not completely self-absorbed

===
    Ooops, nvm. I still regard my response as valid but I was thinking of your theory relative to time and space. I see you're looking at the functions statically and separately.
    Last edited by EyeSeeCold; 03-17-2011 at 07:39 PM.
    (i)NTFS

An ILI at rest tends to remain at rest
    and an ILI in motion is probably not an ILI

31.9FM KICE Radio ♫ *56K Warning*
    My work on Inert/Contact subtypes

Socionics Visual Identification(V.I.) Database
    Socionics Tests Database
    Comprehensive List of Socionics Sites

Fidei Defensor

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In groups I tend to play down my position, but no random Joe would prevent me from denying them. I was never one who could be pressured into doing things for just anyone.. just for the sake of harmony or something. To use an example, I was never one to give rides to the cool kids in highschool. Heh. Never one to inconvenience myself out of fear or some need to please. Also, people like that act entitled when you deny them. They say "What?!" Which just seals the deal to me that they're jerks.

I remember some thread not long ago where someone mentioned an EII they knew who was doing chores for people in his apartment complex or something. Give me a break. The fact that people would expect something like that from a person would tell me that they don't deserve any friendship or generosity at all. Only someone who was very naive on relationships would give in.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ne is generous with words but not with deeds.
    i agree. i don't have the image of alpha NTs being very charitable people at all. if anything they are typically very eager to prescribe certain charitable behaviors along the lines of "if everybody did X, the world would be a better place", but then go ahead and NOT proactively do that thing themselves. the prescription is just an intellectual challenge that way, and not an impetus to action.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by labcoat View Post
    i agree. i don't have the image of alpha NTs being very charitable people at all. if anything they are typically very eager to prescribe certain charitable behaviors along the lines of "if everybody did X, the world would be a better place", but then go ahead and NOT proactively do that thing themselves. the prescription is just an intellectual challenge that way, and not an impetus to action.
    Exactly. That's why they can be brutal when singling out groups and in support of their ideas like Hitler. This is where they don't value individuality and true altruism.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow, that was out of nowhere..

Usually you see Godwin's law coming from a mile away.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Self dualization sounds like and rhymes with masturbation ==> It must be true.

But! Is this the most efficient way to accomplish self dualization?

also: Altruism will be the doom of mankind

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by siuntal View Post
    Ne is generous with words but not with deeds. If you have too much Ne you may end up blabbering a lot, telling extensive stories, and not getting to the point. Too much focus on the process. Ne may be confused for generosity where it is combined with Fe as is the case of Ne-ILEs.

Too much Ni makes you speak very little. You don't share your thoughts with others where as with too much Ne you'll be sharing them all the time. I've heard Ni-IEIs being called bores by other people trying to interact with us because we say so little.
    I never thought about it quite this way before but it's SO TRUE. My IEE mom and both my IEE friends talk a lot. Even the males. There's a LOT of digression and following various lines of thought. It can get tiring after awhile. Seems like there's less of this with ILE but I think the ones I know are Ti-subs.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by plotter View Post
    Self dualization sounds like and rhymes with masturbation ==> It must be true.
    In this case it sounds like 'mental masturbation'. Six syllables, I mean.
    Shock intuition, diamond logic.

The16types.info Scientific Model