Thread: How do you know his/her type?

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Default How do you know his/her type?

What clues and cues give someone's type away to you.

Here's an LSE I like very much. We went on a date yesterday; on our drive back home, he stopped at a light and within an instant started giving his action away. He said, "I want to turn left, because that would mean I'll make all right hand turns on my way to drop you off and I'll avoid left hand traffic lights. I like to plan ahead [meaning I like to plan my actions before I take them] and that's the fastest way to go." Than when the traffic light was taking too long to turn green he said, "I'm losing my patience, it's not going to be faster to take the most efficient route, so I'm going to make a right." LOL

So can you come up with any thing people say that points to their type?
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That kind of efficiency is Te, so the guy is either an LIE or ILI, or an ESE showing role Te, or an xLE showing demonstrative Te. Not an LSE, sorry.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by k0rpsey View Post
    That kind of efficiency is Te, so the guy is either an LIE or ILI, or an ESE showing role Te, or an LII showing demonstrative Te. Not an LSE, sorry.

What kind of efficiency do you think Te - LSE types do?
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

That kind of efficiency is Te, so the guy is either an LIE or ILI, or an ESE showing role Te, or an xLE showing demonstrative Te. Not an LSE, sorry.
    It's Te with S because it plans immediate action not future. It's focused on the action in the now not then sense. I hope you learn something from this...it will help you type better.
    -

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If he were an LSE he'd have forced you to jog home to better yourself by driving out weakness.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

If he were an LSE he'd have forced you to jog home to better yourself by driving out weakness.
    Excuse me? I didn't understand you. My duals want me to be comfortable. I don't think jogging on a date to be "strong" is what they'd do for me.
    -

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You appear to have understood me perfectly well.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

You appear to have understood me perfectly well.
    I don't understand you at all.
    -

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    I don't understand you at all.
    If that were so you'd have negated my assertion more sloppily.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

If that were so you'd have negated my assertion more sloppily.
    I AM. I'm an introvert, it's negating inside of me.
    -

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I AM. I'm an introvert, it's negating inside of me.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I hope you can see that this is building up to confrontation, internally within me.
    -

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

So you met discojoe Maritsa, that's great. Hope everything works out between you both.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's Te with S because it plans immediate action not future. It's focused on the action in the now not then sense. I hope you learn something from this...it will help you type better.
    You said he plans his actions before he undertakes them. That's future-directed. Having an S-ego doesn't prevent anyone from planning ahead, nor does an N-ego stop someone from thinking about or acting in the present. One style of temporal focus may be more preferred or habituated, but not to the exclusion of the other. To wit, I'm ILI but that doesn't stop me from making similar decisions on the fly to simplify my route while driving. It doesn't require specialized thinking to make this kind of basic, ad hoc decision, nor to change one's mind on impulse in favor of a more satisfactory course of action.

Content and manner of speech, affective lability, posture and gait, type and time of reaction to intellectual/physical challenges, body language, mode and care of dress: all these (and more) indicate type when regarded as elements of a totalized system. Learn to develop a gestalt image of a person and evaluate which IEs are active or subdued, and the circumstances and manners in which they're instantiated, so that you're analyzing a whole personality, not hazarding guesses on the basis of a prominent feature or two. My accuracy at typing people this way is rather high. I guarantee your typings will be more plausible and less controversial if you teach yourself to do likewise.

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

That kind of efficiency is Te ...
    Not necessarily. I don't have any Te but will frequently scheme on the most efficient route to take. I wish to cover the most distance (Se) in least amount of time (Ni) so no Te involved here. I actually don't understand why people associate Te with efficiency. To me it appears that ESTjs and ENTsj are concerned with efficiency because their Te is associated with Si or Ni. Te is just how they enact it.

He is trying to optimize time rather than resources which points out to him using Ni rather than Si. If he was Si-dom he would plan the route wanting to save on gas for example.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by siuntal View Post
    Not necessarily. I don't have any Te but will frequently scheme on the most efficient route to take. I wish to cover the most distance (Se) in least amount of time (Ni) so no Te involved here.
    Sensing and intuition are irrational data feeds for rational IEs to evaluate, with Te in this case sorting out the what, where, and how of your navigational solution. Read what I said about taking the holistic, systemic view of sociotypes. If you're IEI you've still got Te and you put it to work, even if it isn't your strong suit. If the case were otherwise you'd be bumping into walls and losing things all the time, not just some of the time.

I actually don't understand why people associate Te with efficiency.
    Because they're repeating received whizdumb. Welcome to the echo chamber.

He is trying to optimize time rather than resources which points out to him using Ni rather than Si. If he was Si-dom he would plan the route wanting to save on gas for example.
    Time is also a resource, and Ni is associated with time for the same reason Te is with efficiency.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You said he plans his actions before he undertakes them. That's future-directed.
    Interesting. Not sure if true, but interesting. A good friend of mine who [merely] tests as LSE is all about plans like this. Even with his friggin garden (the garden's impressively efficient btw). His brother also [merely] tests as LSE, but he just seems more LIE to me. A lot of people think they're twins, but I think the brother isn't nearly as laid back. He's also more ambitious in a kind of.. Gamma way, I think (can't put my finger on it). They both have Gamma SOs however (the first's wife is ESI, I think. The second just broke up with a SEE gf).

Punk
    TIM
    ESE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do you guys like bondage?

I'm asking a type related question not anything personal and if you feel like you don't want to be a part of your type or answer that question really all you have to do is say you aren't comfortable with it.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Divided View Post

I'm asking a type related question not anything personal and if you feel like you don't want to be a part of your type or answer that question really all you have to do is say you aren't comfortable with it.
    No.. Do you want stories though?

I met one girl who called herself a dominatrix, and bragged about kicking guys out of bed. I always changed the subject to her poetry, and she liked that I played guitar. I think she started falling for me a little. She liked that I was part Asian, and wanted to move to "Chinatown" with me. We didn't have sex or anything. I'm kind of cruel myself, and thought she was a little weird after awhile. Maybe I'm the sadist.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by straytk View Post
    Interesting. Not sure if true, but interesting.
    To be honest I don't expect anyone but historiographers to plan the past.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here's an LSE I like very much. We went on a date yesterday; on our drive back home, he stopped at a light and within an instant started giving his action away. He said, "I want to turn left, because that would mean I'll make all right hand turns on my way to drop you off and I'll avoid left hand traffic lights. I like to plan ahead [meaning I like to plan my actions before I take them] and that's the fastest way to go." Than when the traffic light was taking too long to turn green he said, "I'm losing my patience, it's not going to be faster to take the most efficient route, so I'm going to make a right." LOL

My husband does that all the time. *sigh*
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by redbaron View Post
    Your husband is ESE, Maritsa must be LII, then.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ashton View Post
    Good post.
    Ya forreal
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's Te with S because it plans immediate action not future.
    That isn't how S vs N works, at all. For people without anxiety disorders the moment of perception is the here and now.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sounds exactly like me when driving. When I'm gonna pick someone up I usually give them exact minutes And I'm always spot on

Creepy-Snaps

Not necessarily. I don't have any Te but will frequently scheme on the most efficient route to take. I wish to cover the most distance (Se) in least amount of time (Ni) so no Te involved here. I actually don't understand why people associate Te with efficiency. To me it appears that ESTjs and ENTsj are concerned with efficiency because their Te is associated with Si or Ni. Te is just how they enact it.

Here, cause you're still new and learning, you should check out this: http://www.socionics.us/works/semantics.shtml

That helps explain why Te is associated with efficiency, and "optimizing actions and processes".

Quote Originally Posted by Divided View Post

GUYS THAT WAS A PRIVATE MESSAGE OMG.

Poor Maritsa.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

You said he plans his actions before he undertakes them. That's future-directed. Having an S-ego doesn't prevent anyone from planning ahead, nor does an N-ego stop someone from thinking about or acting in the present. One style of temporal focus may be more preferred or habituated, but not to the exclusion of the other. To wit, I'm ILI but that doesn't stop me from making similar decisions on the fly to simplify my route while driving. It doesn't require specialized thinking to make this kind of basic, ad hoc decision, nor to change one's mind on impulse in favor of a more satisfactory course of action.

Content and manner of speech, affective lability, posture and gait, type and time of reaction to intellectual/physical challenges, body language, mode and care of dress: all these (and more) indicate type when regarded as elements of a totalized system. Learn to develop a gestalt image of a person and evaluate which IEs are active or subdued, and the circumstances and manners in which they're instantiated, so that you're analyzing a whole personality, not hazarding guesses on the basis of a prominent feature or two. My accuracy at typing people this way is rather high. I guarantee your typings will be more plausible and less controversial if you teach yourself to do likewise.
    I'm not talking about years ahead; I'm talking about the next step; Te sees action and plans the next action to take to be efficient. How do you think they get to be efficient?

Te also manages time to optimize on time too; that's why LSE rush so much and feel the pressure of time due to Ni polr. You guys have all of this backwards and I'm starting to feel why; because of Dj's ridiculously concocted confusion and mess where he's created an environment where no one can get it strait around here and recognize what is Ni valuing from Ni polr.

Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Dew View Post

Here, cause you're still new and learning, you should check out this: http://www.socionics.us/works/semantics.shtml

That helps explain why Te is associated with efficiency, and "optimizing actions and processes".

GUYS THAT WAS A PRIVATE MESSAGE OMG.

Poor Maritsa.
    Thanks, yes poor me. I have to deal with people who don't know one end of the stick from another...

Quote Originally Posted by plotter View Post
    Sounds exactly like me when driving. When I'm gonna pick someone up I usually give them exact minutes And I'm always spot on

Well well well !!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by redbaron View Post
    Te...what can I say.
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

DJ.....see what you've caused in this thread?

I'm so tired of having to explain and derail even my own thread because of this confusion that's been created by all the mixup.

I'm tired and I hate to argue. I would have just liked it if people did what the thread's intention was made for.
    -

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

....yeah, it's called a GPS.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

PLOTTER, you're not ILE type.
    You have a methodical approach to answering questions. That's not Ti. Te base ignore Ti, which is consistency.
    I think that's just something you have to learn in certain professions though. I study law atm, and I have background in engineering. As I've understood the functions I'm pretty sure I value Ti over Te, even though I have to use Te to some degree. + I think most of my family is Delta or Gamma.

LSE have weak Fi. You don't change easily?...also not perceptual at all.
    you're far too contradictory to be a Ti.
    Above highlight indicates wanting to be in control...not ILE, that's for sure..more like LSE
    I want to be in control, but this is more a part of my philosophy towards life, or a symptom of my general mistrust in other people.

ILE go around patterning thing; like saying "oh your idea fits in this system; and that idea fits in this category"; sorry, you don't do that.
    I think I might have mislead you with the message you quoted. It reflects my thoughts quite poorly. I actually think that might be because I tried to simplify it to much.
    Besides, I have no clue about what Si actually is about, nor do I value Fi (at least as I've understood it ).

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I think that's just something you have to learn in certain professions though. I study law atm, and I have background in engineering. As I've understood the functions I'm pretty sure I value Ti over Te, even though I have to use Te to some degree. + I think most of my family is Delta or Gamma.

I want to be in control, but this is more a part of my philosophy towards life, or a symptom of my general mistrust in other people.

I think I might have mislead you with the message you quoted. It reflects my thoughts quite poorly. I actually think that might be because I tried to simplify it to much.
    Besides, I have no clue about what Si actually is about, nor do I value Fi (at least as I've understood it ).
    hummm...that's interesting. That would make you value more Ti than Te.
    -

Creepy-Snaps

see reply above
    I see. You're trying to stretch and bend the theory to fit what is going on in real life. Te is my PoLR yet I am constantly optimizing things with respect to time, at home and at work, often multi-tasking.
    The "with respect to time" makes me think you're actually describing Ni, not Te.

Everybody has schedules. Let's not confuse the normal planning of home, work, and free time with Te. Every type can "multitask" as well. That's not necessarily related to Te.

How great are you at planning things out ahead of time though? Do you use a calendar naturally? Are you good at it? I find most IEIs are embarrassingly aware that they are fairly disorganized. Not realizing they'll have an extra 30 minutes or 2 hours in their schedule here, or walking the long way to their destination because they weren't aware of the shortest way possible, etc. Stuff like that, in relation to direct efficiency.

Te is also an inability to check external facts. An inability to know definitively what is true or not. They don't trust people based upon what they say, or their knowledge base, but look at whether or not the person has actually experience to back it up.

A quick example of Te-humor (8th function): was talking with my mom about the phone bill, which she was, for reasons not to mention here, trying to keep hidden from my stepdad because it was high.

I told her she should tell my stepdad. I told her that was bad for marriage, to keep stuff hidden and secret like that. Especially with finances. But then I joked, 'according to my 0 years of marriage experience'.

IEIs with Te POLR tend to take credibility, and someone's opinion based upon their experience, very seriously. They won't trust a source without any experience.

Te can mean more. I don't wish to explain it all, but I think you should look up information and read yourself. (Or read the info on the link I gave you, and come back with questions)

From what I have observed this one socionics seems to have gotten wrong.
    I find this a huge statement, considering you've been here for little more than 2 weeks. Just, in general, siuntal, I think you need to read and learn a bit more yet, before making judgments.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by blackburry View Post
    ....yeah, it's called a GPS.
    with twice the personality