Thread: Quadra Relations

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Quadra Relations

I was talking with a friend earlier about "Survivor" and quadra's and how the people within your own quadra would be the people you felt the most comfortable forming alliances with. With led me to a question?

What Quadra's have the hardest time mixing up and remaining comfortable?

Who do Beta's conflict with the most on average? Gamma; Delta?

and so on... im trying to establish a pattern so that i can lsee how it moves through the spectrum of personality. Please and thanks

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Pookie,

I'm sure others will chastise me for making hasty generalizations, but I'll try to make this as simple as possible for you. Beta and Delta tend to clash more so than Beta/Gamma or Betta/Alpha. Beta and Delta are called "opposing quadra" because beta types don't value any of the same information elements as delta types. Same thing is true of Gamma and Alpha.

Hope that makes sense to you.

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

that does, but looking on an individual scale it seems as though an arguement can be made that gamma conflicts with Beta too - Here's my rationale.

Ill take myself IEI(Beta) - Within Gamma you have your Supervisor(LIE) your False-Dual(SEE) your Benefactor(ESI) and your Kindred(ILI)

Every-single one of those relationships are generalized as straining whether its tremendous Psychological pressure(LIE), competition over expressed SE(ILI), continuously being "Burned" by each other(SEE), or feeling used in an unrequited fashion(ESI)

Whereas Delta seems equally as bad, rather than worse.
    IEI - you have your Quasi Indentical(EII), who you understand but find it hard to explain yourself around. the Extinguishment(IEE) who you have great conversations with, but have difficulty working together. the Conflictor(LSE) whos basically the same as a LIE but you can return fire against. and the Super-ego(SLI) who comes across as intriguing and mysterious but becomes more stressful as psychological distance closes.

Can someone explain why the Beta/ Delta combinations are harder to deal with than the Beta/Gamma combinations?

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy View Post
    Beta and Delta are called "opposing quadra" because beta types don't value any of the same information elements as delta types.
    I think this is important. If you're Beta, you share at least two valued IEs with Alpha and Gamma, but none with Delta. That means you have typically very different (or exactly opposite) views on the things. This affects how you handle conflict, your relations to people, how you see the world, ect. So this is pretty important for your values in general.
    „Man can do what he wants but he cannot want what he wants.“
    – Arthur Schopenhauer