TIM
    EII, ENFP
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default xNFx

Hi there,

I know I'm an NF. The introvert/extrovert and judging/perceiving parts are more difficult to determine.

In order to feel safe in the world, I have acted pretty extroverted. I have to make sure no one is going to abandon me (I have BPD), and I learned how to make people feel good to feel safe. I've been accused of not being the "hanging out" type by my peers. This confuses them since I act friendly and interested. I do seem to need to talk out loud in order to process things, but I am ashamed of this aspect of my personality as I feel like I take up other's time/energy too much. I have little to say to people, unless we are connecting about feelings and they need empathy.

I am very disorganized and I did poorly in school. I'm very clumsy, I procrastinate a lot and I work well under pressure. I can also be pretty random. From what I've understood in reading about "P" the previous qualities fit. Being on time and being responsible is important to me, and I feel guilty/self disappointed if I am unable to meet my own standards (or perceived standards of others). I need to follow the rules. I re-read emails/messages several times before posting. This strikes me as being "J"

As someone with BPD, my personality can change depending on who I'm with in order to feel safe. Perhaps I need to heal the BPD before I can learn my true personality? Any thoughts/opinions are welcome and appreciated. Thanks

luna

not gonna be around as much anymore
    TIM
    C-IEE
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lunabella View Post
    I am very disorganized and I did poorly in school. I'm very clumsy, I procrastinate a lot and I work well under pressure. I can also be pretty random. From what I've understood in reading about "P" the previous qualities fit. Being on time and being responsible is important to me, and I feel guilty/self disappointed if I am unable to meet my own standards (or perceived standards of others). I need to follow the rules. I re-read emails/messages several times before posting. This strikes me as being "J"
    The bolded part could be indicative of Te-Mobilizing. Take a look at ENFp (IEE) descriptions.

To clarify, though, you say you "work well under pressure." Do you really mean that you do your best work when you are under great pressure as in a competitive and high-pressure enviroment? Or just that you work best when given a deadline? If the former, you might also look at ESFp (SEE).

I (personally) am thinking that EXXp seems like a good fit so far.

Which are you more positive about? Being a Feeler? Or being an Intuitive?
    My life's work (haha):
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin/blog.php?b=709
    Input, PLEASEAnd thank you

Punk
    TIM
    ESE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lunabella View Post
    As someone with BPD, my personality can change depending on who I'm with in order to feel safe. Perhaps I need to heal the BPD before I can learn my true personality? Any thoughts/opinions are welcome and appreciated. Thanks

luna
    If you know anyone that does make you feel safe, what do you act like around them?

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

If you are ENFp (IEE) or INFj (EII) you will probably relate to this description: Ne as leading function.

If you are ENFj (EIE) or INFp (IEI) then you will relate to these ones: Extraverted Feeling and descriptions of Ni-Fe here Leading Functions
    Last edited by silke; 03-17-2011 at 01:39 AM.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

seems INFj to me

What is BPD?
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by siuntal View Post
    If you are ENFp (IEE) or INFj (EII) you will probably relate to this description: Ne as leading function.

If you are ENFj (EIE) or INFp (IEI) then you will relate to these ones: Extraverted Feeling and descriptions of Ni-Fe here Leading Functions
    ...your last two links are broken, dear.
    4w5 sp/sx

Please, direct all questioning of my self-typing to this thread. Thank you.

TIM
    IEI-Ni 4w5 sx/so
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Borderline personality disorder

TIM
    EII, ENFP
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Divided View Post
    If you know anyone that does make you feel safe, what do you act like around them?
    I am just beginning to feel safe with my husband, and what I've noticed so far is that I am often quiet, spacey at times, and I'm content just being at home together doing separate activities. I feel safe to just 'be'.

TIM
    EII, ENFP
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by siuntal View Post

Thanks. I read the info. from the first link, which I found very interesting, but the subsequent links don't seem to be available.

TIM
    EII, ENFP
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    seems INFj to me

What is BPD?
    What about what I've said sounds like INFJ to you?

BPD is borderline personality disorder. If you want more info, feel free to PM me.

TIM
    EII, ENFP
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pianosinger View Post
    The bolded part could be indicative of Te-Mobilizing. Take a look at ENFp (IEE) descriptions.

To clarify, though, you say you "work well under pressure." Do you really mean that you do your best work when you are under great pressure as in a competitive and high-pressure enviroment? Or just that you work best when given a deadline? If the former, you might also look at ESFp (SEE).

I (personally) am thinking that EXXp seems like a good fit so far.

Which are you more positive about? Being a Feeler? Or being an Intuitive?
    I meant I work well when I have a deadline. From everything I've read about myers-briggs, and from online tests I've taken, I consistently test as an "I" and an "F". I usually get INFP, INFJ or occasionally ISFP.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

In socionics you can have outgoing infps, and you can have shy enfps. That's a very possible combination, so it's not really wise to find out your type that way.

Socionics is more about your own social norms, society attitudes, and peculiarities of thinking. It's really complex....

Also socionics isn't really about your personal identity, it's more about your identity in how you are in relation to others. It's a very relationship-based model, with a strong and intricate emphasis on intertype relationships. If you notice, MBTI and other personality typologies do not put as much emphasis on relationships. So I agree it's not really a good idea to study it when you're insecure, because the theory itself, by its nature, causes you to compare yourself to other people. Ya know?

Right now, I agree that you sound closest to enfp more than anything else, though.

not gonna be around as much anymore
    TIM
    C-IEE
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Take a look at the four temperaments:

http://www.wikisocion.org/en/index.p...le=Temperament
    My life's work (haha):
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin/blog.php?b=709
    Input, PLEASEAnd thank you

TIM
    EII, ENFP
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BulletsAndDoves View Post
    In socionics you can have outgoing infps, and you can have shy enfps. That's a very possible combination, so it's not really wise to find out your type that way.

Socionics is more about your own social norms, society attitudes, and peculiarities of thinking. It's really complex....

Also socionics isn't really about your personal identity, it's more about your identity in how you are in relation to others. It's a very relationship-based model, with a strong and intricate emphasis on intertype relationships. If you notice, MBTI and other personality typologies do not put as much emphasis on relationships. So I agree it's not really a good idea to study it when you're insecure, because the theory itself, by its nature, causes you to compare yourself to other people. Ya know?

Right now, I agree that you sound closest to enfp more than anything else, though.
    I was wondering what IEE and things meant, so I looked it up and realized that socionics is not a forum for meyers-briggs personality types (which is what I was searching for when I found the forum). I've given it some thought, and for now I'm going to stop investigating my personality/socionics type as too much of who I am is an unknown. I appreciate the info. though