Thread: Grace Park

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Grace Park

She portrayed my favorite character on (the re-imagined) Battlestar Galactica TV show. I think she might be Beta NF, although I'm not sure. I've often considered IEI [(Fe-)INFp?]. Yet in the very beginning, when I was quite new to MBTI and Socionics I thought she might be ESFP/ESFp. I guess a lot of Ni-valuing types are possible, including Beta NF of course, and SLE(?).

Here are the pictures:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...k_18113317.jpg

http://www.extratextual.tv/wp-conten...na300Close.jpg

http://www.koreanbeacon.com/wp-conte...ce_park_2.jpeg

http://darksides.co.uk/images/wallpa...tor-Boomer.jpg

http://cache.gawkerassets.com/assets...Downloaded.jpg

http://www.mgroves.com/images/boomer_battlestar.jpg

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

istp
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Te-ISTp.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Apparently Deltas really like her. Well as long as she's not my conflictor I'm okay with it. Perhaps I have a tendency to really like my Super-Ego type, especially if I think they're cool, find them attractive, and/or relate to them.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

- from Battlestar Galactica [Season 3: Episode 1]
    "Occupation" (Written by Ronald D. Moore) [Directed by Sergio Mimica-Gezzan]

Bill Adama: It's a hard thing to say, but it seems like I don't know who my son is anymore. The same goes for the crew, the ship. I feely pretty much alone. Except maybe for you.

Sharon Agathon: I wish I could come back a year and tell that Admiral Adama about this conversation.

Bill Adama: A year's a long time.

Sharon Agathon: Can I ask you something very personal? Do you feel guilty about leaving the people behind on New Caprica?

Bill Adama: I don't do guilt.

Sharon Agathon: You know, a year ago, when you put me in this cell, I was at a crossroads. I sat in here for weeks, just consumed with rage at all the things that had happened to me. And at some point I realized it was all just guilt. I was angry at myself for the choices I had made. Betraying my people, losing my baby. So I had a choice. I could either move forward or stay in the past. But the only way to move forward was to forgive myself. You know, I don't think we can survive, I don't think the Fleet or Galactica or the people on New Caprica can survive unless the man at the top finds a way to forgive himself.

Punk
    TIM
    ESE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lazybones View Post
    Apparently Deltas really like her. Well as long as she's not my conflictor I'm okay with it. Perhaps I have a tendency to really like my Super-Ego type, especially if I think they're cool, find them attractive, and/or relate to them.
    So what you are saying is that you really would just like to fuck her?

Heh, me too.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[QUOTE=lazybones;750245]Apparently Deltas really like her. Well as long as she's not my conflictor I'm okay with it./QUOTE]

In general, whenever I type a person a Delta type, it does not necessarily mean that I would like him/her. At times, I don't think intertype relations really influence the way I perceive others around me. There are times where I like my conflictors (i.e. ESTps) for who they are, and some duals (ESTjs) can really get to my nerves.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In general, whenever I type a person a Delta type, it does not necessarily mean that I would like him/her. At times, I don't think intertype relations really influence the way I perceive others around me. There are times where I like my conflictors (i.e. ESTps) for who they are, and some duals (ESTjs) can really get to my nerves.
    now that's what I'm talking about.
    (D)IEE~FI-(C)SLE~Ni E-5w4(Sp/Sx)/7w8(So/Sp)/9w1(sp/sx)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    1)
    A girl who I want to date, asks me: well first tell me how tall you are?
    My reply: well I will answer that, if you first tell me how much you weigh!

2)
    A girl I was dating said she was oh so great at sex etc, but she didn't do blowjobs.
    My reply: Oh I'm really romantic etc, I just will never take you out to dinner.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Divided View Post
    So what you are saying is that you really would just like to fuck her?

Heh, me too.
    I probably wouldn't use the word "fuck" in this case, or in any 'sexual' context for that matter. I probably find it too negatively and disturbingly Se-valuing, although I'm supposed to be Se-valuing. I guess sexuality-wise I can be a bit of a prude or something, or anything in real life that's tied to domination or sadism or whatever kind of turns me off, or I guess I'm just a "romantic" at heart, being that the consensus on my type seems to be IEI. Maybe I'm actually meant to be celibate and abstinent for life. My Mom is practically 'asexual' in some ways. When I was born (or about to be born or after), my Aunt interpreted my astrology or birth chart or whatever at the time as meaning that I would be a priest or religious person or something. Probably not I guess. Yet when she held me once as a baby, she said she felt an extremely painful future.

I remember my stepdad once watching some episodes of Battlestar Galactica (DVD's from the public library I think) when he visited Victoria. It must have been around 2008 I guess. I asked him about Boomer (Grace Park), and he probably said something like 'I'd bang her' or something. When I lived with him for about three months (without my Mom), there was a time in the beginning when he wanted me to try to be with a girl (yet she had a boyfriend). And sometimes he'd joke, "Bang them both."

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eunice View Post

Do you have an opinion on my self-typing or do you agree with my self-typing, or have no opinion?

Punk
    TIM
    ESE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I probably wouldn't use the word "fuck" in this case, or in any 'sexual' context for that matter. I probably find it too negatively and disturbingly Se-valuing, although I'm supposed to be Se-valuing. I guess sexuality-wise I can be a bit of a prude or something, or anything in real life that's tied to domination or sadism or whatever kind of turns me off, or I guess I'm just a "romantic" at heart, being that the consensus on my type seems to be IEI. Maybe I'm actually meant to be celibate and abstinent for life. My Mom is practically 'asexual' in some ways. When I was born (or about to be born or after), my Aunt interpreted my astrology or birth chart or whatever at the time as meaning that I would be a priest or religious person or something. Probably not I guess. Yet when she held me once as a baby, she said she felt an extremely painful future.
    Damn it. Why am I always the only one that finds it endearing? Well whatever, I'm pretty sure it doesn't correlate to type that strongly, for what my opinion might be worth to you...

When I lived with him for about three months (without my Mom), there was a time in the beginning when he wanted me to try to be with a girl (yet she had a boyfriend). And sometimes he'd joke, "Bang them both."
    Lol. He's just joking. It's fun to tease prudish/sexually-shy people.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do you have an opinion on my self-typing or do you agree with my self-typing, or have no opinion?
    Hi lazybone, I have not read enough of your posts yet to form a relatively confident opinion.