Thread: Question for ILEs about Ne + General thoughts about complementarity

Creepy-male

Default Question for ILEs about Ne + General thoughts about complementarity.

Okay, I think I finally get what Ne is about, or rather what part of it is about. In the sense of Ne being about "potential", Ne will look at a "thing" (say a moment in time, such as a scientific development, or a picture, or a person), and see all the different things that that "thing" being studied could develop into.

Do you typically feel drawn, as an ILE, to feed into that thing's development? IOW do you chase the development of potential?

--

Si's specific relationship with Ne is that Si needs to feel comfortable that its comfortable boat cruise is not heading for a precipitous plummet off a waterfall, so to speak. Si leads to a sort of "go with the flow" attitude. Being a Sensing function, it's focused on the here and now, and occasionally feels a lot of fear that it can't perceive any threats ahead of time (weak Ni), and so will extrapolate a course that is at least reasonably secure, as much as is possible.

My way of life is comfortable.
    --> But it could lead to doom...
    --> And it will lead to adventure!

Ne's specific relationship with Si is that Ne is completely scattered and without a center. Ne doms will constantly be pulled toward their high-potential situations and critical moments without ever having any kind of routine or consistent life.

I can't logically construct anything more from there though... could someone fit their experience into the framework I set for Si?

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And it will lead to adventure!

But it could lead to doom!! DOOM!! DOOOOOOOOOM!!

On topic:

Base Ne is anchored to Si. Base Ni is pretty much an anchor of it's own. Ne is a floating function while Si and Ni are grounded.

Bam! Just like Emeril.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Egbert Human View Post

My way of life is comfortable.
    --> But it could lead to doom...
    --> And it will lead to adventure!
    Oooooh, look at that. One could do quite a bit with that idea/object/person/animal/unique thing/problem/impressionable child. And we're off!!!
    - but that's completely illegal/unconventional/impossible/sneaky/unrealistic (or what i'd call clever). You can't.
    (SEI in particular) and I'll bring water, snacks, and hugs(and from personal experience, lots of ibuprofen) allowing you to pursue it forever without consequence!

And on the development of ideas- "develop" almost feels wrong to me, like it doesn't already possess its potential traits latently. Once I see how a certain alignment of variables and stuff create a "possibility," if its going to take time to come to fruition instead of just intense amounts of instantaneous effort, then hopefully someone else will do it while I move on.
    This is the place where I procrastinate on things Sig related.

ILE