Thread: Solitary Ethics

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Solitary Ethics

My concept of Ethicists has been tightly connected to interpersonal matters, and it just occurred to me that many Ethicists spend significant amounts of time alone, especially if they are also introverts. How do and come out in people's thoughts and actions when they are not dealing with others?

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm this topic applies to me. I like what aixelsyd says, but generally I just take a typical F vs T approach to this. Interpersonal or social matters are not always an Fs focus, but any emotion related matter is: like flowing in one's personal world of feelings. Jungian Fi explains it well for me, that I often seem detached from and unaffected by the external emotional world and influences, and I guard my own and only let in what images fit with it. I would probably say Jung's explanation fits closer than most Socionics I/E ethics descriptions.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

reading, writing, art, watching films, listening to music, playing the piano.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

For me it's spending time in bed, starring into something, like a blank place and fantasizing about a perfect relationship, like create my own romance, each one different in different locations with different story lines. They are always very very romantic because they are so creative and different.
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 03-13-2011 at 11:05 PM.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

everything processes emotionally whether i'm with people or not. a lot of the time this means comparing what i come across to memories or thinking about my immediate emotional reactions to things and what they could mean, or just other ways of processing and churning stuff. in my actions...i'm not sure, i suppose a couple of things that have been listed here - listening to music (i'll sometimes listen to the same song tons of times in a row if it just fits where i'm at at the time, constructivism woo), daydreaming, writing (which i haven't done in awhile), mostly just thinking about how i feel about things, though. this stuff actually feels more pertinent to me in terms of how i think of Fi and how i use it than the stuff i do when i'm with people.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by laghlagh View Post
    everything processes emotionally whether i'm with people or not. a lot of the time this means comparing what i come across to memories or thinking about my immediate emotional reactions to things and what they could mean, or just other ways of processing and churning stuff. in my actions...i'm not sure, i suppose a couple of things that have been listed here - listening to music (i'll sometimes listen to the same song tons of times in a row if it just fits where i'm at at the time, constructivism woo), daydreaming, writing (which i haven't done in awhile), mostly just thinking about how i feel about things, though. this stuff actually feels more pertinent to me in terms of how i think of Fi and how i use it than the stuff i do when i'm with people.
    +84

That's what I wanted to write too, for me, but am too lazy. I think lots of people would relate to playing music over, esp like if its from their childhood or stuff they like. Like I sometimes play and arrange Zelda music on the piano on a rainy day, and mostly like to compose things, or like maritsa says stare at the wall and get sucked into my feelings.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

But you guys...Fi is about relationships. What you're describing both of you is Si; you're mixing it up with Fi...no it's Si you're experiencing not Fi. I daydream about relationships.
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ashton View Post
    You just daydream about DJ.
    I won't lie, I did once, but it's still a relationship...still a subjective connection with the individual, in my own mind. I started as young as I understood what love was, which was about 7 years old...it kind of began very innocently with flowers in a field and it got hotter as I matured. That's very natural, Ashton, so get off my back.
    -

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How hot is it now?
    ILI (FINAL ANSWER)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    But you guys...Fi is about relationships. What you're describing both of you is Si; you're mixing it up with Fi...no it's Si you're experiencing not Fi. I daydream about relationships.
    I thought Fi would be more abstracted from specific relationships. More about static principles involved in any relationship.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by straytk View Post
    I thought Fi would be more abstracted from specific relationships. More about static principles involved in any relationship.
    What I do is abstraction from a specific relationship.. Daydreaming about different relationship scenerios is abstracting. They are doing Si.

Quote Originally Posted by polikujm View Post
    +84

That's what I wanted to write too, for me, but am too lazy. I think lots of people would relate to playing music over, esp like if its from their childhood or stuff they like. Like I sometimes play and arrange Zelda music on the piano on a rainy day, and mostly like to compose things, or like maritsa says stare at the wall and get sucked into my feelings.
    I don't get sucked into my feelings. I get stuck into my relationships. The subjective connections abstracted from reality of the connections I have with the individuals. This isn't always romantic; it can be with my mom, my sister, having a relationship with my father and idealizing one that is better or worse, abstracted to my own version from reality. Once I'm done abstracting/daydreaming/fantasizing/idealizing what I want and like, I can fashion myself a plan or an approach to do it or pursue like one in real life whether that's situational; for example, my dad and I had a close care-giving relationship, but not a verbal/emotional one; for months before I approached him, I abstracted a reality that he and I exchanged words of affections, "I love you." I than perfected my abstractive scenario, ironed out details about how I would approach it in real life and than went for it: I approached him with the topic of "dad. I want you to tell me you love me."

Sometimes, my abstractions come out happy, where someone lives and we have a great relationship; sometimes they are sad, where my loved ones and my close relationships end up hurt and I have to emotionally prepare myself to deal with them in the future, but always with N not with S, not NOW, but what I have to do in the future.
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 03-13-2011 at 11:52 PM.
    -

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What I do is abstraction from a specific relationship.. Daydreaming about different relationship scenerios is abstracting. They are doing Si..
    Either way, I don't have enough specific relationships to abstract from. Occasionally I do, I guess. I'm not the biggest romantic, to be honest. Alone, I think more along the lines of archetypal and philosophical ideas. And like some have mentioned here, a lot of ethical ideas just from literature and other media will resonate or renew some thoughts.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by straytk View Post
    Either way, I don't have enough specific relationships to abstract from. Occasionally, I do, I guess. I'm not the biggest romantic, to be honest. Alone, I think more along the lines of archetypal and philosophical ideas. And like some have mentioned here, a lot of ethical ideas just from literature and other media will resonate or renew some thoughts.
    These thoughts encompass all relationships, not just romantic relations. One of my, now officially X-EII friend, a very very unhealthy individual used to abstract a relationship with her father who abandoned her from her early childhood.
    -

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[Fi] daydream[s] about relationships.
    Probably most people who don't have anybody daydream about having someone.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by munenori2 View Post
    Probably most people who don't have anybody daydream about having someone.
    These are not only about romantic relationships. They are relationships on all levels. Because of abstractions, I can cope with reality much more easily...there's that needing "protection" from my protective dual theme playing into that mix.
    -

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

These thoughts encompass all relationships, not just romantic relations. One of my, now officially X-EII friend, a very very unhealthy individual used to abstract a relationship with her father who abandoned her from her early childhood.
    I try not to think of my relationships (in the wider sense) very much either. I have thoughts like that, but it's not my usual way of thinking. And what do you get from these scenarios about people? Do you try to find one that you feel is ideal, and then try to recreate it in the outside world? I don't do that myself. I feel kind of powerless over what others do half of the time (or more). I think more about what I can be from a general, idealized/self-contained standpoint, and then let the chips fall where they will.