Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Delta views on productivity and laziness/slacking

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Delta views on productivity and laziness/slacking

Do they exist? Should I retype SEI or IEI?

There usually seems to be an emphasis on Delta's focus on "productivity". I really couldn't care about that half of the time. Often, I might emphasize what's a productive angle or subject to focus on, but it's hardly anything to do with needing to jump out into the "real world" and "implement" work. I imagine that it may be different for extroverts (ISTp and INFj just don't strike me as the big "jumping out into action" types, unless absolutely necessary), but I could be wrong.

Also, I'm curious about some wikisocion EII entries. They seem contradictory.

6. Introverted Sensing
    EIIs tend to build up stress related to their work-related activities and go overboard in their attempt to be exemplary at work and in all other areas of life. They need people and situations to help them relax and take it easy and forget about their idealism for a while to just enjoy the moment as it is.

EIIs can be prone to laziness and always seek the most convenient way in doing things. Moreover, rather than prioritizing their tasks based on their level of urgency or/and importance, they prefer to complete the tasks based on their liking and at their own pace.

When they are preoccupied with a hobby, they tend to lose track of time and can be late with their appointments with others. As a result, they don't really have good time management skills.

In their work they are sluggish and scrupulous.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

i've also noticed the contradictions there but somehow i still think it fits me. i'm not sure how to explain it (maybe its just a forer thing).

but i think you can go overboard while still wanting to do things at your own pace and most conveniently - like the major thing i got criticized for at my old job was taking too long to proofread reports because i wanted to take my time and do a good job and because i had a certain method of going about it that would have gotten messed up if i had tried to do it faster. so it was laziness in that way (not being willing to innovate the way i did things) but it was still a willingness to put in the time and going overboard. does that make sense?

i can definitely be a slacker and i can definitely be exacting and hardworking...these are both things that exist in me, so idk..

anyway, this is just me...i'm curious about more comprehensive answers to this.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by laghlagh View Post
    i've also noticed the contradictions there but somehow i still think it fits me. i'm not sure how to explain it (maybe its just a forer thing).

but i think you can go overboard while still wanting to do things at your own pace and most conveniently - like the major thing i got criticized for at my old job was taking too long to proofread reports because i wanted to take my time and do a good job and because i had a certain method of going about it that would have gotten messed up if i had tried to do it faster. so it was laziness in that way (not being willing to innovate the way i did things) but it was still a willingness to put in the time and going overboard. does that make sense?

i can definitely be a slacker and i can definitely be exacting and hardworking...these are both things that exist in me, so idk..

anyway, this is just me...i'm curious about more comprehensive answers to this.
    That makes sense.. Although I don't identify with it exactly (but I kind of understand).

I don't consider myself a hard worker (yet). Even with my hobbies, I'm kind of half-baked about it. For example, I've been playing guitars for 20 years. I'm probably not as good as many who have played that long (especially in being meticulous about music theory). It's more like therapy for me or something. It's just a way to relax and be creative. I don't care to do anything with it either (professionally speaking).

Also, I've hated all of my jobs. Most people would hate a lot of my jobs. I quit most of them easily, instead of saw them as things to overcome or to be exemplary at. Ultimately, I'd like to finish school (something else I haven't fully committed to) and work in libraries. Why? Libraries are relaxing environments. Mentally stimulating perhaps. I'd also like to write on the side. Another "semi-lazy" profession. Speaking of writers, most days I look like that character Johnny Depp played in Secret Window. Except I wear pajamas instead of a bath robe.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Yes I am very very sluggish, but I'm very meticulous and I'm just the right person to get a job that requires many planful actions, methodical approach, discipline, and analness (aka accuracy).
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Coldest of the Socion EyeSeeCold's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The only type to not be a straight slacker in my opinion is ESTj.

If they are lazy:
    ISTps are lazy from focusing too much on suitability. IP energy.
    INFjs are lazy from focusing too much on their attitudes towards things. IJ energy.
    ENFps are lazy from focusing too much on abstract ideals. EP energy.
    (i)NTFS

An ILI at rest tends to remain at rest
    and an ILI in motion is probably not an ILI

31.9FM KICE Radio ♫ *56K Warning*
    My work on Inert/Contact subtypes

Socionics Visual Identification(V.I.) Database
    Socionics Tests Database
    Comprehensive List of Socionics Sites

Fidei Defensor

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ISTP's are probably some of the biggest slackers.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This thread isn't specifically about me?
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker View Post
    Yes, and The Holy Bible is a biography of you, Mariella!
    ILE "Searcher"
    Socionics: ENTp
    DCNH: Dominant --> perhaps Normalizing
    Enneagram: 7w6 "Enthusiast"
    MBTI: ENTJ "Field Marshall" or ENTP "Inventor"
    Astrological sign: Aquarius

To learn, read. To know, write. To master, teach.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker View Post
    Be the poster child, if you'd like.

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm a definite slacker as well.
    Johari/Nohari

"Tell someone you love them today, because life is short; shout it at them in German, because life is also terrifying."

Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

haha I'm prolly the biggest slacker ever. In fact slacking right now
    n00bIEE

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Everybody is a slacker, according to the LSE.
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ryu View Post
    Everybody is a slacker, according to the LSE.
    uh oh
    n00bIEE

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But it's no big deal. Haters gonna hate. Slackers gonna slack.

So long as you don't mind being nudged about how to do things more efficiently
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But it's no big deal. Haters gonna hate. Slackers gonna slack.
    And winners gonna win.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm as lazy as you can get.
    Looking for an Archnemesis. Willing applicants contact via PM.

ENFp - Fi 7w6 sp/sx
    The Ineffable IEI
    The Einstein ENTp

johari nohari
    http://www.mypersonality.info/ssmall/

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

LSEs value productivity, but will relax if they feel they deserve it. As Eps, IEEs are unproductive in spurts. SLIs are a watched pot that doesn't boil. So go away and they'll have done something productive when you get back. EIIs wish they were more productive, but often lack the initiative.
    Last edited by DirectorAbbie; 03-15-2011 at 09:32 PM.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

Punk
    TIM
    ESE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Add me to Team Slacker, please. I nominate myself for captain.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok. time to bake cookies. *preheats oven*

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

ok. time to bake cookies. *preheats oven*
    don't forget the one's without the gluten
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know an ISTp who puts off shit all the time. I think part of it is just that he's a 9 and doesn't feel motivated enough in general lol.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I think any type can be lazy, even an LIE. It's how you think, not what you do.

Socionics is interesting because it explores the peculiarities and intricacies of your own thoughts.

Is an IEI 'lazy' just because they aren't as physically noticeable as some types? To write well, I have to put in just as much effort as an athlete does. It's just a different kind of effort.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by straytk View Post
    Do they exist? Should I retype SEI or IEI?
    Personally, this is the biggest source of internal tension; much more so than Fe POLR.

I value productivity, and when I am productive, I am very productive. However, I also experience significant bouts of laziness which does not help my self esteem.
    SLI/ISTp -- Te subtype

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by force my hand View Post
    I value productivity
    I do, too. Which is why it bothers me when I spend significant periods of time not doing or accomplishing anything. Or not making any visible/measurable progress, when I know I'm capable and have the potential. Sometimes I'd work very hard but I need to "wait" for the results to show, and this creates tension as well. I want to see immediate results of whatever I am/have-been doing, or I get nervous and skeptical of my efforts.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    NG human sorcerer
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Personally, this is the biggest source of internal tension; much more so than Fe POLR.

I value productivity, and when I am productive, I am very productive. However, I also experience significant bouts of laziness which does not help my self esteem.
    Oooh, same here. But I get overwhelmed, stressed, and depressed if I work too much, so it's a double-edged sword.

TIM
    EII 6w5
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Procrastination doesn't seem type-related to me. However, different types might have different reasons for procrastinating, and what they don't like about it. If you don't value productivity though, then perhaps you're not delta.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by April View Post
    Oooh, same here. But I get overwhelmed, stressed, and depressed if I work too much, so it's a double-edged sword.
    Actually i relate to this as well. I am going through a bout of laziness at the moment and there is this voice in my head constantly telling me I should be more productive.
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by straytk View Post
    6. Introverted Sensing
    EIIs tend to build up stress related to their work-related activities and go overboard in their attempt to be exemplary at work and in all other areas of life. They need people and situations to help them relax and take it easy and forget about their idealism for a while to just enjoy the moment as it is.

EIIs can be prone to laziness and always seek the most convenient way in doing things. Moreover, rather than prioritizing their tasks based on their level of urgency or/and importance, they prefer to complete the tasks based on their liking and at their own pace.

When they are preoccupied with a hobby, they tend to lose track of time and can be late with their appointments with others. As a result, they don't really have good time management skills.

In their work they are sluggish and scrupulous.
    whoa

I strongly relate to ALL of this!!!

Maybe i really AM EII!

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Aye, I know for me I am quite slack, but still manage to get everything done to a good standard and handed in on time (uni student) even though I never really seem to work on it.
    I mean 90% of my waking hours I just sit, stare out the window, play a bit of guitar maybe and when I look back at the end of the day I think, "Man, I so should have been more productive today. Hang on, I finished that 2500 word essay...how did that happen?!?!"

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WorkaholicsAnon View Post
    whoa

I strongly relate to ALL of this!!!

Maybe i really AM EII!

There is nothing that would be exclusive to one delta NF over the other in regard to what you put in bold, and even that whole section in general.

It shouldn't be taken as anything significant in regard to you being EII>IEE.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by April View Post
    I always thought that to be kind of weird, in dealing with some. You're going to be feeling bad no matter what you do, basically.

At the same time, regulation I see myself as being in herently good at, so I don't really think there is any sense of "I'm immune to being a slacker", because clearly that isn't the case. I know IEIs who are more 'disciplined' than I have been; it's a matter of goal alignment and maturity about it all.

It's sort of , ultimately, pick your poison - are you going to be feeling bad because you don't do anything, or are you going to feel stressed because you're putting in a lot of work? The only real difference, net-result wise, is that one version of it actually brings you some sort of additional benefit (that is, working) - although that's not always the case.

If someone were in a place where you'd have to survive based only on your measures, the first form of 'poison' wouldn't help you at all, you'd just become depressed and die off because of inaction. Society can be a curious thing in terms of its influences.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it's good to find a balance between work and relaxing.

One of my biggest challenges, personally, is just determining an appropriate, realistic amount of work to do in one day. I usually end up planning too much for one day, and it just ends up being taxing.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There is nothing that would be exclusive to one delta NF over the other in regard to what you put in bold, and even that whole section in general.

It shouldn't be taken as anything significant in regard to you being EII>IEE.
    I see. OK.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NinjaTim View Post
    when I look back at the end of the day I think, "Man, I so should have been more productive today. Hang on, I finished that 2500 word essay..."
    OMG I say the same things to myself every night!!

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One of my biggest challenges, personally, is just determining an appropriate, realistic amount of work to do in one day. I usually end up planning too much for one day, and it just ends up being taxing.
    I'm starting to realize how much that actually is the case.

It's kind of weird, in that, I have 'been nice' about not criticizing that actual productive capacity before, but, I realize there is actually an opportunity for me to do that in certain relations.

But I feel somewhat weird in saying "You realize you're not going to be able to do that, right?"

Maybe that's what Fe polr is good for.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm starting to realize how much that actually is the case.

It's kind of weird, in that, I have 'been nice' about not criticizing that actual productive capacity before, but, I realize there is actually an opportunity for me to do that in certain relations.

But I feel somewhat weird in saying "You realize you're not going to be able to do that, right?"

Maybe that's what Fe polr is good for.
    I would be HIGHLY appreciative of someone who interjects such an opinion when necessary! i'm not a great judge of that myself.

Today is a great example!! I should have been in bed 3 hours ago! And i'm still not done with everything i planned to do. Sigh...

TIM
    SEER
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

This is a big problem for me as well.

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thought I would expand on my earlier post.

I generally lack interest in the things I "should" be doing - these being mostly housework and schoolwork. With housework, there's just no interest whatsoever, and I don't know that there ever has been. With schoolwork, I put it off until the last possible moment and then get a lower grade than I could have gotten otherwise. I recognize the need to get out of that cycle (this is a long-running pattern), as it never works out for me.

The thing I desire to be productive in is developing and writing my stories. I feel good when I accomplish a reasonable amount on it. It wouldn't hurt to work on my drawing skills, too.
    Johari/Nohari

"Tell someone you love them today, because life is short; shout it at them in German, because life is also terrifying."

Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would be HIGHLY appreciative of someone who interjects such an opinion when necessary! i'm not a great judge of that myself.

Today is a great example!! I should have been in bed 3 hours ago! And i'm still not done with everything i planned to do. Sigh...
    I'm actually somewhat skeptical of that.
    And I"m not just saying it because of the "Taskmaster" thread.

I think delta NFs only really appreciate it when they are 'emotionally receptive' to it. If it seems 'mean' or 'infringing upon their autonomy or sovereignty', they don't like it. And a lot of the time whether it seems mean or infringing is depending on whatever their feelings at the time.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm actually somewhat skeptical of that.
    And I"m not just saying it because of the "Taskmaster" thread.

I think delta NFs only really appreciate it when they are 'emotionally receptive' to it. If it seems 'mean' or 'infringing upon their autonomy or sovereignty', they don't like it. And a lot of the time whether it seems mean or infringing is depending on whatever their feelings at the time.
    that could certainly be the case. And of course it also depends on HOW you say it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast