Thread: Weak ethics and misanthropy

TIM
    Ne-LII
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Weak ethics and misanthropy

At this rate, I swear by the time I'm thirty, I'm going to be a raving lunatic. Every moronic customer I have to deal with, makes me die a little inside

Nevertheless, this got me thinking. Do you think there could be a correlation between weak ethics and misanthropy? My inability to deal with volatile customers, lazy crew and unrealistic demands of the managers, is frustrating me beacuse it demands use of weak functions? Mainly This constant reinforcement of weak functions, and suppressing of functions which I am suited (The trouble I get when I question even the most trival of Mcdogma) has me running on self perpetuating fustration, which is spilling over in my personal life.

I'm getting to the point where the mere thought of the public makes me sick.
    The mode of goodness conditions one to happiness, passion conditions him to the fruits of action, and ignorance to madness.

Chapter 14, Verse 9.
    The Bhagavad Gita

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think it's more of a strong logic thing.

TIM
    Ne-LII
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What do I tell a grown woman who throws a tantrum, beacuse she has been in line four minutes?

How am I supposed to take it, when I am told to do a pointless task I have already preformed, simply for the sake of the appearance of doing something?

Manager: "Mitch, clean the bench will you?"
    Me: "But it's spotless, I just did so ten minutes ago."
    Manager: "If you have time to lean, you have time to clean! Just do it, we are paying you to be busy."
    Me: "But, but. WHAT WOULD IT ACCOMPLISH!"

Just crap like that for three years, and it's driving me insane.
    The mode of goodness conditions one to happiness, passion conditions him to the fruits of action, and ignorance to madness.

Chapter 14, Verse 9.
    The Bhagavad Gita

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Umm quit or stage a strike? ILI is usually the one who's characteristically misanthropic.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You mean socionics ethics? I don't know if its entirely true. I'm rather feely, but also misanthropic. Leave me alone kay thank you goodbye. But seriously I love you, and if you love me too you'll go away. LEAVE! Don't post any more in this thread. This is my thread!

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Neotropic View Post
    At this rate, I swear by the time I'm thirty, I'm going to be a raving lunatic. Every moronic customer I have to deal with, makes me die a little inside
    try to find another job? my last job made me very depressed, both because of the unethical practices of the company i worked for, and from dealing with angry/stupid customers. i felt so much better once i quit.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If everything has to live up to certain ideals, but fails to, you're left with misanthropy. There are many forms of idealism. I wouldnt pin it on a function

Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's not type-related... F types can be like this too. You are likely frustrated, because you see it that it's unfair. It's unfair that you have to deal with things that you don't want to do or shouldn't have to deal with. But what makes that claim a legitimate one?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What do I tell a grown woman who throws a tantrum, beacuse she has been in line four minutes?
    You stare at her with a look of absolute disgust for about five seconds, and then you say to her, in flat, deadpan monotone, "What would you like me to do about it?"

Nevertheless, this got me thinking. Do you think there could be a correlation between weak ethics and misanthropy?

Nope. I think Sturgeon's Law reigns in the mind of just about every human being on Earth when it comes to evaluating their species.
    But, yeah, McDonalds is just... Just the shittiest place you could possibly pick to work in. Hell, the food industry in general is just kind of a shit place to be. If nothing else I have formulated one golden rule for finding work: Never work anywhere where you are directly responsible for the happiness of other people. Because when something goes wrong (Which, as you know, will happen a hundred god damn times a day), when you work at a job where something going wrong doesn't compromise another person's happiness, then their desire to go apeshit is just that much less. I mean, you aren't immune to people going apeshit. But its so much less likely that you can work with peace of mind.
    4w5 sp/sx

Please, direct all questioning of my self-typing to this thread. Thank you.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When I worked at hotdog on a stick I completely ignored the customers feelings. They did complain about me, but it never got me fired. And then I had the entertainment of watching them get get frustrated / overreact over the dumbest things, which helped pass the time. I think thats the only way to do it.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by crazedratsghost View Post
    When I worked at hotdog on a stick I completely ignored the customers feelings. They did complain about me, but it never got me fired. And then I had the entertainment of watching them get get frustrated / overreact over the dumbest things, which helped pass the time. I think thats the only way to do it.
    Wait, the place with the goofy ass circus uniforms and the dumbass hats?

Why?

Why?!
    4w5 sp/sx

Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ Elitism... and unconscious arrogance.

I mean, when I'm being arrogant I also think of stuff like "These darned fools who can't get anything right!" But then I can take back and think to myself... "Wait, I'm just being stupidly arrogant... sigh."

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I dont think there is any correlataion. Im pretty misanthropic here, and I had an ESFj friend who was "completely fucking misanthrope" as he put it.

TIM
    Ne-LII
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lol, sounds like you're only just getting started then. As life ineluctably brings you into ever greater exposure to the general condition, temperament, and mentality of the Great Unwashed teeming out there, that nauseating sick feeling will grow into an abominable horror of anger, hate, disgust, and existential despair the likes of which you've yet to experience.
    Ashton, my respect for you increases every time we interact. (I am sincere here)

Solution is to get a better job.
    I plan to. I have decided to further my education in biology and computer programming. Hopefully I will be able to get in during the mid term rounds. If not I will have to wait untill November.

Don't post any more in this thread. This is my thread!
    You can pry this thread, from my cold dead fingers!

Never work anywhere where you are directly responsible for the happiness of other people.

I think it's just that you're getting older and tireder
    I'm twenty one!

I dont think there is any correlataion. Im pretty misanthropic here, and I had an ESFj friend who was "completely fucking misanthrope" as he put it.
    You are probably right here. Admittedly this hypothesis of linking weak ethics functions with misanthropy was only ever a half baked thought born out of the need to vent. Since this is a socionics fourm, I thought that it would be interesting to see what others had to say on the idea.

Chapter 14, Verse 9.
    The Bhagavad Gita

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How am I supposed to take it, when I am told to do a pointless task I have already preformed, simply for the sake of the appearance of doing something?

Manager: "If you have time to lean, you have time to clean! Just do it, we are paying you to be busy."

Let me know when you find the solution, I have troubles dealing with the absurd, too..
    Shock intuition, diamond logic.

The16types.info Scientific Model

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Knight View Post
    Never work anywhere where you are directly responsible for the happiness of other people.
    haha, i think i could do work that involves influencing people's happiness, but not making people happy as a customer in the sphere of business... the whole deliberate ass-kissing of customers while trying to squeeze profit from them is not something i can deal with. i don't think i'd make a particularly good businesswoman lol.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh god I hated that short time I worked in customer service. It surely is hell on earth. I think it's a natural human reaction to working such a hellish job.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by glamourama View Post
    haha, i think i could do work that involves influencing people's happiness, but not making people happy as a customer in the sphere of business... the whole deliberate ass-kissing of customers while trying to squeeze profit from them is not something i can deal with. i don't think i'd make a particularly good businesswoman lol.
    Oh yeah, I mean, psychology or medicine or fields like that would be great. Then the person's happiness is their own responsibility, you're just pushing them towards a healthier state of mind and body.

And places like grocery stores are fine since the customer has control over the quality of the products their choosing and, so, is also responsible for their own happiness.

But restaurants, hotels, resorts, tourism, fast-food places, amusement parks, etc. Just... No. Something about paying money to have a good time just ratchets up the self-entitlement meter up five or six notches. Then when something inevitably goes wrong for somebody, rather than just staying calm and dealing with it they just take any sense of compassion and rationality, crumple it into a ball and toss it away and proceed to go batshit.

And nothing you do can calm them down. You aren't a person to them, you are a malevolent cog; a mischievous wheel; a miscreant crank, all working within some complex, infernal demon machine; a vast, faceless, corporate monster that has just wronged them and God Damn It, They Are Not Going To Stand For This Crap!

And then cue the screaming fits, the tirades, the calls for the manager, the badgering, the abusing and, in rarer cases, the bawling.

So, yeah. Just, work somewhere that, if they aren't happy, it's their own damn fault. Or work in an industry where you can point to your Master's Degree and say, "I know more about this than you do, shut the hell up."

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker View Post
    Oh god I hated that short time I worked in customer service. It surely is hell on earth. I think it's a natural human reaction to working such a hellish job.
    Customer service at my job is so easy. "I bought this thing and it was moldy when we opened the box up." "Can I see your receipt? Hm. Ok, well just go grab another one off the shelf, sorry about that." "No problem, thanks for your help."
    4w5 sp/sx

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Nevertheless, this got me thinking. Do you think there could be a correlation between weak ethics and misanthropy? My inability to deal with volatile customers, lazy crew and unrealistic demands of the managers, is frustrating me beacuse it demands use of weak functions? Mainly This constant reinforcement of weak functions, and suppressing of functions which I am suited (The trouble I get when I question even the most trival of Mcdogma) has me running on self perpetuating fustration, which is spilling over in my personal life.

I'm getting to the point where the mere thought of the public makes me sick.
    LOL, SORRY

IDK; my duals become sullen misanthrope due to wearing their hearts on their sleeve, not analyzing the intentions of others, and as a result getting used and they have devalued Fe and missing Fi. So NO. I don't think there's a correlation.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I suppose NTR has been established by now, but I'm going to echo it. Or not Logic related, at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Knight View Post
    Wait, the place with the goofy ass circus uniforms and the dumbass hats?

Why?

Why?!
    I want video of that.
    Johari/Nohari

"Tell someone you love them today, because life is short; shout it at them in German, because life is also terrifying."

Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

Creepy-male

Intelligence-related and being able to see, understand, and thus be driven mad by absurdity. I feel vaguely similarly about ads on TV.

TIM
    Ne-LII
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Egbert Human View Post
    Intelligence-related and being able to see, understand, and thus be driven mad by absurdity. I feel vaguely similarly about ads on TV.

A Current Affair and Today Tonight are worse.

Chapter 14, Verse 9.
    The Bhagavad Gita

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know if it misanthropy necessarily entails weak ethics. I have a friend (never checked her Socionics type.. although she was ENFJ in MBTI. I think she's IEE though), who goes out of her way to help others. She's also a newly graduated psychologist. Lo and behold though, she confides that she "hates people". She's like this mix of Oprah and Sarah Silverman. I think she's just being dramatic, but I guess my point is that a lot of people have frustrations. I do as well, although I consider ethics one of the main things on my mind.

Creepy-male

A Current Affair and Today Tonight are worse.
    I can't even watch them for the humor value Mostly because it makes me lose faith in humanity.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Every person I know I either love or love to hate, and so I love everyone. You all should do the same, it's a way to live.