Thread: Demonstrative function and making fun of others

TIM
    SLI 5w6
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Demonstrative function and making fun of others

Last edited by aixelsyd; 08-12-2011 at 10:08 PM.

Coldest of the Socion EyeSeeCold's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

EIIs - conspiracies / plotting / psychological trouble

ILIs - logical / observational / inductive humor

SEEs - Making fun of people's expressions / laughing blatantly in a pretentious manner

ESEs - Acting tough

Those are the ones I've seen.
    (i)NTFS

An ILI at rest tends to remain at rest
    and an ILI in motion is probably not an ILI

31.9FM KICE Radio ♫ *56K Warning*
    My work on Inert/Contact subtypes

Socionics Visual Identification(V.I.) Database
    Socionics Tests Database
    Comprehensive List of Socionics Sites

Fidei Defensor

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I feel like it's very easy for me to mock uses of Fe because they're so easy for me to spot. It's probably the unvalued IE I understand the most, how it works and how people use it (although I can't 100% replicate it). The fact that I can kinda see it, or at least that I can see *something* that looks superficially like Fe, means that I can kinda poke fun at it and think weird of it inside my head.

Quote Originally Posted by EyeSeeCold View Post
    SEEs - Making fun of people's expressions / laughing blatantly in a pretentious manner
    lol I do this all the time.

Creepy-Snaps

Quote Originally Posted by aixelsyd View Post
    So it's said that people use the demonstrative function, sometimes, to make fun of how people take that function too seriously.

Is this true for you and people you know? Why do you think so? How does it show up?
    Haha, you're trying to learn more about demonstrative function humor by posting on an internet forum.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

idk about myself, but this reminds me of my IEE friend who will sometimes do this sort of faux cute niceness thing...like after having lunch together she'll be like, "i had such a pleasant time talking to you! i can't wait to see you again next week!" in this formal, practiced-sounding voice thats obviously tongue in cheek. its cute.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I never noticed. Dunno. I'll have to look it up.

Creepy-Snaps

Ok ok... since you're actually being serious.

In the past couple months, in studying each function more in-depth than ever before, I actually use people's 8th functions to type them fairly often. You can type people by their humor!!! Why do they laugh at something... how do they perceive it as funny, or ridiculous?

The 8th function supports your creative function, which of course supports your leading function. So a person's sense of humor actually gives big clues into 3 different functions.

In noticing it more and more lately, I would even go as far to say, it's easier to identify someone's 8th function sometimes, than their 1st or 2nd. Demonstrative function for the win.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by laghlagh View Post
    idk about myself, but this reminds me of my IEE friend who will sometimes do this sort of faux cute niceness thing...like after having lunch together she'll be like, "i had such a pleasant time talking to you! i can't wait to see you again next week!" in this formal, practiced-sounding voice thats obviously tongue in cheek. its cute.
    Not sure what you mean by "practiced sounding voice" and "obviously tongue in cheek" but that sounds EXACTLY like something i would say... in fact i said something like that earlier today after having lunch with a good friend (except i wont be seeing her next week ).
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

i think people do take the Demonstrative function seriously, but only to themselves. if people feel pressured to openly demonstrate use of their Demonstrative, they start to feel resentful and annoyed, because your Demonstrative function isn't something you really want to share with other people (unlike your Ego functions.)

this is one of the reasons people aren't compatible with their Conflictor, because your Conflictor's Dual-seeking function is your Demonstrative. with enough prolonged contact with your Conflictor, you eventually start to feel pressured to share information from your Demonstrative (because your Conflictor displays need for it), which ends up making you feel annoyed and resentful. that's my experience, anyway.

so yeah, i don't really agree with the whole "relax and have fun with your 8th function" idea.

Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by glamourama View Post
    i think people do take the Demonstrative function seriously, but only to themselves. if people feel pressured to openly demonstrate use of their Demonstrative, they start to feel resentful and annoyed, because your Demonstrative function isn't something you really want to share with other people (unlike your Ego functions.)

this is one of the reasons people aren't compatible with their Conflictor, because your Conflictor's Dual-seeking function is your Demonstrative. with enough prolonged contact with your Conflictor, you eventually start to feel pressured to share information from your Demonstrative (because your Conflictor displays need for it), which ends up making you feel annoyed and resentful. that's my experience, anyway.

so yeah, i don't really agree with the whole "relax and have fun with your 8th function" idea.
    I agree with this.

Im not sure how I make fun of Ne btw, I never thought about it .

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by glamourama View Post

yeah i could see this happening to me.
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not entirely sure about this but I think I use a lot when I get annoyed with people I work with on projects. The problems are usually centred around the approach to the subject, and leads to me giving up my original approach for something along the lines they're asking for, which means I oversimplify, abandon internal consistency, and use obscure sources to support my arguments.

EDIT: And yeah I usually take seriously, it's more when I feel that it's being misused or that people completely abandon

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not sure how I make fun of , but I know how I make fun of Base. OK, there are too many things to tell, but one of them is laughing at work "milestones", the belief that you'll finish something not really clear in time. I never respected such thing because it can't be respected, unless you refine something, do known things with different degrees of precision, etc, just not when you deal with the unexpected. I realize their importance sometimes, and sometimes planning and scheduling actually works, but like I said, it some sort of hocus-pocus, there's no guarantee. People who take these things for granted and are sure they can predict the outcome of a complex action amuse me (esp their obviously predictable failures), I see the advantage of being determined to finish something in time rather motivational than functional.
    Shock intuition, diamond logic.

The16types.info Scientific Model