Thread: Weird Thread - Straight ENFP Males - Answer questions!

Hybrid View

Punk
    TIM
    ESE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Weird Thread - Straight ENFP Males - Answer questions!

Do you start to act more femininely playful around people you are comfortable or intimate with or when feeling impulsive and uninhibited? Were you ever surprised or embarrassed by this?

Do you admire the intimate and provocative cognitions that women get to have with the world, whereas men are supposed to be serious, aggressive, and territorial?

Does the male body invoke repulsion or indifference in your mind?

So basically, SLI/IEE duality would be backwards. The male IEE would be more feminine and the female SLI would be more masculine. Makes sense?

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We have friends who are a gay IEE/SLI couple, and the SLI is effeminate, and the IEE isn't at all effeminate.

I realize this is off topic but I've seen it assumed that IEEs would be more effeminate and that isn't the case with this couple anyway. I thought it might be relevant in a tangental way maye.
    Last edited by Slacker; 03-10-2011 at 07:51 PM.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Divided View Post
    Do you start to act more femininely playful around people you are comfortable or intimate with or when feeling impulsive and uninhibited? Were you ever surprised or embarrassed by this?

Do you admire the intimate and provocative cognitions that women get to have with the world, whereas men are supposed to be serious, aggressive, and territorial?

So basically, SLI/IEE duality would be backwards. The male IEE would be more feminine and the female SLI would be more masculine. Makes sense?
    Yes, I can be what is considered quite feminine when I'm totally comfortable. I used to be embarrased and a little insecure about this, these days I recognise that my behaviour is a manifestation of my strengths and that there is no point adjusting who I am to fit a standardised norm.
    I think that the industry I work in and the crowds that I mix with are quite progressive with their attitudes towards traditional gender roles.

Saying that I still identify strongly with my masculinity, I generallyfeel connected to both the male and female aspects of my personality. In my opinion there are two ways of really dealing with this, either you deny it, which leads to internal conflict or you intergrate, which leads to a more harmonious state.

I don't find the male body repulsive, a mans body can be attractive.

In reference to the part about duality... perhaps in some senses, however I think that there is no clear static polarisation. Perhaps each one can be more or less what is considered masculine or feminine at different times or even at one time.
    Last edited by somavision; 03-10-2011 at 07:56 PM.
    IEE-Ne

Punk
    TIM
    ESE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker View Post
    We have friends who are a gay IEE/SLI couple, and the SLI is effeminate, and the IEE isn't at all effeminate.

I realize this is off topic but I've seen it assumed that IEEs would be more effeminate and that isn't the case with this couple anyway. I thought it might be relevant in a tangental way maye.
    Hey, wait. Can you explain that? An SLI acting feminine sounds really funny.

Quote Originally Posted by somavision View Post
    I don't find the male body repulsive, a mans body can be attractive.
    Okay. That question probably has little to do with type now that I think about it more.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There are SLI women, like Grace Kelly. There's no reason an SLI man can't be effeminate any more or less than any other man.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with Slacker.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CILi View Post
    Most the time, I'm pretty ridiculously feminine. My unconcious/neutral "me" just very much is. I've never really "disliked" or "been ashamed" of the femme-ness; but under stress, I jump to the other extreme and become caricature-ish-ly masculine (which, unlike soma is pretty darn necessary, seeing as I work in a kitchen with a troupe of "No Ingles" Beta-dudes who hate Newbie-Gringo's over-smily guts).

FWIW, I've lived in the big-city Bible Belt most my life (and still do), so the whole conservative/traditional/Republican/Judeo-Christian/Merikuh! expectation is something I'm used to and comfortable with. Most people call my fakeness and think I'm douche-y when I try for "Serious, Aggressive, Territorial", so I pretty seldom consider "being mannish" anyway.

In re: Man-Bods, it's so not my thing. Not repulsive per se, but I'm way indifferent. Curves are pretty much the only thing (human or not) that ever catch my eye.

IME, I'm by far my best with "more-masculine-than-average" women, and once things pass the awkward "get-to-know-you" stage, they're pretty comfortable with me, as I'm not competing for all the "guy" traits and skills they like to flaunt. '

(EDIT: This post's word-count prob'ly tops my past three months combined. )
    I like the way you come across in your videos. It's sweet. I dont think it's effeminate.
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I only know one male IEE whose type I am confident in and hes more feminine than the average guy too lol. It doesn't really matter though just be yourself. It's better than trying to act macho and coming off like a jerk.
    “No psychologist should pretend to understand what he does not understand... Only fools and charlatans know everything and understand nothing.” -Anton Chekhov

http://kevan.org/johari?name=Bardia0
    http://kevan.org/nohari?name=Bardia0

TIM
    EII 6w5
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Calling it "feminine" or "effeminate" behavior already implies something not normal in a guy if he acts that way, and creates the taboo aspect of it... I have a straight IEE friend who acts in a way that other people might consider "effeminate," but it's just his form of confident self-expression.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I notice some IEE males can seem more feminine, but not always. Sometimes they actually come across kinda like ISTps.

My ISTp female friend is a bit more serious and masculine I guess you could say, but these are really just stereotypes.
    Hi! I'm an ENFP. :-)

TIM
    your conflictor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

umm no, fuck no.

nope, not that either. tbh most women kinda annoys the hell out of me with all their incoheretent emotionally biased bullshit except for some INTps or ISTps and the occasional julia bond-lookalike ISFp, so i don't really identify with them or admire them.

i'm indifferent to male bodies, i mean i can see how guys look from a health-perspective or how much strength someone has.

yeah sure, if the male IEE part is more feminine and the female SLI part is more masculine?