Thread: Alternative Socionics Models

Mentioned
    Post(s)
    Tagged
    Thread(s)

Default Alternative Socionics Models

Particularly, Model B. Where I can find information on this? Links? Insights?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just ask hitta about it. He's like the model B guru.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i use:
    - the Focal/Diffuse dichotomy of functions (in part as a means of explaining Accepting/Creating; something i am not aware any other theorist is well capable of)
    - Taciturn/Narrator cycles (based on a claim made originally by Victor Gulenko about +/-'s effect on function values; also the thesis that the ID block of a type is reversed in +/-, which would mean that semi-duals and illusionaries have more in common that people typically believe)

best way to read up on these is to simply do a search on my posts on this forum, or ask specific questions here or in the forum chatbox.

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by labcoat View Post
    i use:
    - the Focal/Diffuse dichotomy of functions (in part as a means of explaining Accepting/Creating; something i am not aware any other theorist is well capable of)
    - Taciturn/Narrator cycles (based on a claim made originally by Victor Gulenko about +/-'s effect on function values; also the thesis that the ID block of a type is reversed in +/-, which would mean that semi-duals and illusionaries have more in common that people typically believe)

best way to read up on these is to simply do a search on my posts on this forum, or ask specific questions here or in the forum chatbox.
    Focal = creating, diffuse = accepting?

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nil View Post
    Particularly, Model B. Where I can find information on this? Links? Insights?
    Do a search for the word on this forum.

There are only interpretations of Model B. Model B uses sixteen functional positions which are spread across the conscious and the subconscious.

There are some model B article links in the Wikipedia article, I believe.

Hitta has used it to show how contrary functions work together. Model B is based on a few anecdotes by Jung (see his "stages of life" essay), and a lot of research by Aleksandr Bukalov, for whom the model is named.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Focal = creating, diffuse = accepting?
    No, no, no.

Focal = Accepting Dynamic OR Creating Static
    Diffuse = Accepting Static OR Creating Dynamic

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Taciturn/Narrator cycles are what Model B is when you take it to its ultimate conclusion. My theories on this basically make Model B obsolete.

Focal/Diffuse theory is what makes the Reinin Dichotomies in their common incarnation obsolete, in addition to lending the only explanation of Accepting/Creating in existence. (Accepting/Creating is Base/Creative taken across the entire "model A")