Thread: Ti vs Te fight

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Ti vs Te fight

Ah another glorious and mostly useless Ti vs Te fight.

This one over a definition, which I found to be a hilarious played out argument.
    It's kindof like Websters vs Oxford.
    The thing is when you get into that you gotta know when it goes there your going to be Ti'd alot.
    Fast foward: someone mentions something wild about a female having a prostate. Cue snobericious argument from Te type about how retarded it is to have a female prostate. Something piqued in my mind from past anatomy/biology classes that there possibly was a female prostate. I chime in when I find that its considered accurate by some bodies to call it the female prostate: chiefly done by the Federative International Committee on Anatomical Technology. He refuses to accept it based on his own knowledge of the two differrening male and female versions. I state I think its fine and actually accurate and possibly might make it the texts in years to come. I think I've already seen it in psychology books as a possibility. He starts attacking me, red herrings, and making appeals to authority that he's studied with so called "elite" professors and such.
    I find it ludicrous and its a standstill, telling him it's basically accepting definitions or not, he can't win just by throwing more irrelevant information at me. I told him to take it up with FICAT if he was so convinced. I'm sure they have very good reasons considering thats they're whole purpose.

And no wikipedia wasn't my only source and this wasn't just made up.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/G-Spot#Female_prostate
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Federat...al_Terminology

Relevant as to why perhaps it's named so: http://www.time.com/time/magazine/ar...869552,00.html
    Last edited by jughead; 03-08-2011 at 09:05 PM.

Coldest of the Socion EyeSeeCold's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jughead
    Cue snobericious argument from Te type about how retarted it is to have a female prostate.
    Females don't have prostates. And you spelled "retarded" wrong.
    (i)NTFS

An ILI at rest tends to remain at rest
    and an ILI in motion is probably not an ILI

31.9FM KICE Radio ♫ *56K Warning*
    My work on Inert/Contact subtypes

Socionics Visual Identification(V.I.) Database
    Socionics Tests Database
    Comprehensive List of Socionics Sites

Fidei Defensor

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Apparently you don't read good.
    Or understand I favor creative Ti over always being Ti like dominants.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Apparently you can't tell between female and male biology.
    (i)NTFS

Socionics Tests Database

Fidei Defensor

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jughead View Post
    Apparently you don't read good.
    Apparently you don't type well.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When facts change.. a Te types worst nightmare. They cant function, they're lost in a bubble of empty space.
    Ive noticed this the most with creative Tes though. You say something they disagree with.. Then they start hurling insults with their retarded Fe function. Best way to handle them at that point is to attack their Fi. After they say something just tell them you dont care, or something along those lines, then ignore them. If they keep it up tell them they're a child / an asshole . . something like that. No amount of structured, reasoned argument will get through to them in this situation. They will simply dismiss what you say with their surface appraisal and continue blabbering. I have tried.. it doesnt work. Take a different approach

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think that's the best example of a Ti vs. Te fight. I think this is a better one:

http://classics.mit.edu/Plato/euthyfro.html

I believe that Socrates is Ti, and Euthyphro is Te. Euthyphro's explanations are practical, but not logically consistent. Socrates is obsessing over correct definition.

Does anyone agree/disagree?

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When facts change..
    A Te type usually acknowledges this. ???

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mirrorsoul View Post
    I don't think that's the best example of a Ti vs. Te fight. I think this is a better one:

I believe that Socrates is Ti, and Euthyphro is Te. Euthyphro's explanations are practical, but not logically consistent. Socrates is obsessing over correct definition.

I read about a fifth of it. Your conclusion makes sense.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Director Trevor View Post
    A Te type usually acknowledges this. ???
    It depends. The healthier ones will. Sometimes I admit they change, and sometimes I stubbonly refuse. If I say something wrong (that isn't a big deal), I'm more likely to change my mind to fit my words than to change my words to fit my mind.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mirrorsoul View Post

This totally works.

Te - I would like to know that X(1) is Y.
    Ti - I would like to know, for any X(n), is X(n) Y?

Mentioned
    Post(s)
    Tagged
    Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by EyeSeeCold View Post
    Females don't have prostates. And you spelled "retarded" wrong.
    This.

Or, alternatively, this "female prostate" you mention is only a "prostate" in the sense that it is analogous to the prostate, resulting in a useless semantics debate. It all depends on what word you attach to it, as language is so very subjective.

However, the fact remains that even if it is analogous to a prostate, it is clearly not a prostate. Well, depending on how specifically you define prostate, at least.

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nil View Post
    This.

Or, alternatively, this "female prostate" you mention is only a "prostate" in the sense that it is analogous to the prostate, resulting in a useless semantics debate. It all depends on what word you attach to it, as language is so very subjective.

However, the fact remains that even if it is analogous to a prostate, it is clearly not a prostate. Well, depending on how specifically you define prostate, at least.
    Hmm apparently you missed the part I said about useless debate.
    Homologous, not analagous btw. The time magazine article is only a reference to consider why, its in magazine speak.

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by crazedratsghost View Post
    When facts change.. a Te types worst nightmare. They cant function, they're lost in a bubble of empty space.
    Ive noticed this the most with creative Tes though. You say something they disagree with.. Then they start hurling insults with their retarded Fe function. Best way to handle them at that point is to attack their Fi. After they say something just tell them you dont care, or something along those lines, then ignore them. If they keep it up tell them they're a child / an asshole . . something like that. No amount of structured, reasoned argument will get through to them in this situation. They will simply dismiss what you say with their surface appraisal and continue blabbering. I have tried.. it doesnt work. Take a different approach
    They just did this...your belligerent assholes both EyeSeeCold and Nil.
    Your on ignore.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Um. Not to be a belligerent asshole, but...

You used the wrong version of "you're."

OH GOD PLEASE DON'T IGNORE ME!
    4w5 sp/sx

Please, direct all questioning of my self-typing to this thread. Thank you.

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't really care about punctuation on a internet forum. Really that is the least of my worries. Generally Te (esp with S) types would attack something like that to prove my "incompetency" and ignore Fe and the point. It's not something that bothers me though; its the internet.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They just did this...your belligerent assholes both EyeSeeCold and Nil.
    Your on ignore.

I don't really care about punctuation on a internet forum. Really that is the least of my worries. Generally Te (esp with S) types would attack something like that to prove my "incompetency" and ignore Fe and the point. It's not something that bothers me though; its the internet.
    Lol. Look at the title dude.

I thought you would get it, but you took it srsly.

Edit: Oops, I'm on ignore, so I guess you won't see this. :/
    Someone quote me.
    (i)NTFS

Socionics Tests Database

Fidei Defensor

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I never put you on ignore, but I don't think you meant the whole of it in jest. If you did then complete Fe fail.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I didn't mean none of it lol.

I don't care about prostates, wth. Maybe when I'm 40.
    (i)NTFS

Socionics Tests Database

Fidei Defensor

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Ah another glorious and mostly useless Ti vs Te fight.

This one over a definition, which I found to be a hilarious played out argument.
    It's kindof like Websters vs Oxford.
    The thing is when you get into that you gotta know when it goes there your going to be Ti'd alot.
    Fast foward: someone mentions something wild about a female having a prostate. Cue snobericious argument from Te type about how retarded it is to have a female prostate. Something piqued in my mind from past anatomy/biology classes that there possibly was a female prostate. I chime in when I find that its considered accurate by some bodies to call it the female prostate: chiefly done by the Federative International Committee on Anatomical Technology. He refuses to accept it based on his own knowledge of the two differrening male and female versions. I state I think its fine and actually accurate and possibly might make it the texts in years to come. I think I've already seen it in psychology books as a possibility. He starts attacking me, red herrings, and making appeals to authority that he's studied with so called "elite" professors and such.
    I find it ludicrous and its a standstill, telling him it's basically accepting definitions or not, he can't win just by throwing more irrelevant information at me. I told him to take it up with FICAT if he was so convinced. I'm sure they have very good reasons considering thats they're whole purpose.
    You're talking about way way too many things here.

There's Te base/creative/etc.
    I don't think Te types, in general say something that wasn't observed, read, or somehow differentiated as objective reality.

I have seen SLI say things out of their butts and Ti base types too can make assumptions of that is real or not. Se base types tend to stick to facts like they were handed down by God. An example of this is my SLE friend and his latest obsession on how very important Vitamin D is and he's loading his body with ton's of it and even promoting it in his online health journal, when having ignored other information out there that we get plenty of Vit. D from our food.

I think Te types arm themselves with facts, litterally, from several sources and don't have much of a subjective filter, so can even go so far as to organize it in such a way as to win that argument. It's ammunition.

Ti types are likely to say subjective things, always referring back to themselves in a fight saying, "but to me" or "I am more...". The I is the center of information/judgement.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html