Feeling fucking fantastic golden's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Signal Patterns - your top ten personality traits

Couldn't find any previous posts on this. It was popular for a while on facebook. Anyone tried it?

www.signalpatterns.com

My top ten personality traits are as follows:

Aesthetic

You appreciate art, beauty, and design; you know that they are not superficial but absolutely crucial to living the good life. You have good taste, and you're proud of it. Those with a high score on the "aesthetic" trait are often employed in literary or artistic professions, enjoy domestic activities — doing things around the house — and are enthusiastic about the arts, reading, and travel.

You don't think it's pretentious to be moved by art and beauty. You're not one of those who believe it doesn't matter what something looks like as long as it does its job.

Original

You are constantly coming up with new ideas. For you, the world as it exists is just a jumping-off place; what's going on inside your mind is often more interesting than what's going on outside.

You don't feel that the road to success is to be a realist and stick to the program; you never stop yourself from coming up with new ideas or telling the world what you're thinking about.

Organized

You like to think a task through before you embark on it. If it's the slightest bit complicated, you make a list (even if it's only in your mind) and methodically work your way through it. When you have a goal in mind, you're not satisfied until you reach it.

You are not one of those people who ignore the details, and you don't understand how anyone can get anything accomplished without thoughtful planning ahead of time.

Introspective

You like your own company; you're a very interesting person. Tracking your own mental processes, knowing what you're thinking and why you do what you do, is important to you. Often, what's going on in your mind is more compelling than what's going on outside. For the most part, those with a high score on the "introspective" trait enjoy reading, taking long walks, learning new things, and other solitary activities.

You are not someone who is constantly looking to be among a group of friends; you never feel bored when you are by yourself.

Astute

You are a quick study. You generally don't need to have things explained to you more than once. When presented with a problem, you will often have an instant understanding of where to look for the solution.

You do not take your sweet time when presented with a new task to complete or problem to solve. You don't avoid assignments that require you to learn new skills.

Curious

You like to get to the bottom of things. You're not content knowing what someone did; you want to know why they did it.
    You don't simply take things as they are and move on; you're not content skimming along on the surface; you don't feel you're wasting time by digging for the meaning of things.

Passionate

You are in touch with your emotions, and sometimes you react before you think. The good news: you don't tamp down your feelings. The bad news: you sometimes say or do things that you later wish you could take back.

You do not live your life on an even keel; you do not go for long periods without experiencing some mood swings.

Innovative

You come up with a lot of ideas; if one doesn't work out, there's always another waiting in the wings. You often have interesting solutions to difficult problems. You're practically a one-person brainstorming session.
    You are less interested changing the world than in dealing with things as they are. Unlike those who spend all their time trying to solve problems, you prefer to zero in on things that work and stick with them.

Creative

You are good at solving problems, coming up with original ideas, and seeing connections between things, connections that most other people miss. People with a high score on the "creative" trait often are employed in such fields as finance and scientific research, and enjoy avant garde and classical music as well as literary fiction and scholarly non-fiction.

You do not shun abstractions and concepts in favor of the concrete and tangible.

Intellectual

You are thoughtful, rational, and comfortable in the world of ideas. People find you interesting to talk to. You're the living embodiment of the saying "You learn something new every day." In general, those with a high score on the "intellectual" trait are employed in such fields as teaching and research, and are enthusiastic about reading, foreign films, and classical music.

You do not avoid abstract conversation, experimenting with new ideas, or studying new things. It bores you to stick to the straight and narrow of what you already know.
    LSI: “I still can’t figure out Pinterest.”

Me: “It’s just, like, idea boards.”

LSI: “I don’t have ideas.”

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, I've taken this test before. Here are my results:

Passionate

You are in touch with your emotions, and sometimes you react before you think. The good news: you don't tamp down your feelings. The bad news: you sometimes say or do things that you later wish you could take back.

You do not live your life on an even keel; you do not go for long periods without experiencing some mood swings.

Pessimistic

You tend to be a "glass half-empty" kind of person, which for you is simply a realistic outlook. Your feeling is that this world can be a depressing place, and only a fool would think otherwise.

You do not waste your time searching for the silver lining in every cloud, nor do you believe it's your job to cheer up the people around you with happy talk.

Introspective

You like your own company; you're a very interesting person. Tracking your own mental processes, knowing what you're thinking and why you do what you do, is important to you. Often, what's going on in your mind is more compelling than what's going on outside. For the most part, those with a high score on the "introspective" trait enjoy reading, taking long walks, learning new things, and other solitary activities.

You are not someone who is constantly looking to be among a group of friends; you never feel bored when you are by yourself.

Creative

You are good at solving problems, coming up with original ideas, and seeing connections between things, connections that most other people miss. People with a high score on the "creative" trait often are employed in such fields as finance and scientific research, and enjoy avant garde and classical music as well as literary fiction and scholarly non-fiction.

You do not shun abstractions and concepts in favor of the concrete and tangible.

Stressed Out

You often feel that there's too much on your plate, that you don't have the strength to deal with the bad hand you've been dealt, or that you're going to lose it if you have to deal with one more problem.

You don't always bounce back quickly from adversity; sometimes when you get bad news it can hang over you for a long time.

Volatile

You go with the flow when it comes to your emotions. Whether you're happy or sad, you show it, and when something upsets you, or you're feeling stressed out, those around you will know it right away.

You are not necessarily the one person in any group who can be depended on to stay calm, cool, and collected in a crisis; you aren't known for keeping your emotions under wraps.

Intellectual

You are thoughtful, rational, and comfortable in the world of ideas. People find you interesting to talk to. You're the living embodiment of the saying "You learn something new every day." In general, those with a high score on the "intellectual" trait are employed in such fields as teaching and research, and are enthusiastic about reading, foreign films, and classical music.

You do not avoid abstract conversation, experimenting with new ideas, or studying new things. It bores you to stick to the straight and narrow of what you already know.

Private

You don't see the need to share what you're thinking and feeling with everyone in the world, and you tend to present yourself in a somewhat formal way in order to keep your inmost thoughts to yourself. A high score on the "private" trait is a likely indicator that you are among those who can be happily occupied at home, away from the crowds, but, when the time comes, are equally enthusiastic about packing your bags and taking a trip.

You do not consider yourself a "free spirit," whatever that may be, and you're not comfortable expressing yourself without a bit of self-censorship.

Unsettled

You may be comfortable on your home turf, but you have a tendency to be self-conscious in an unfamiliar environment. While you're usually at ease with your friends, you can be a little skittish around strangers.

You usually don't feel at home in unfamiliar settings or with new people. When you get rattled, you don't necessarily recover instantly.

Impassioned

You have strong opinions and high standards. When others let you down, you're not opposed to giving them a piece of your mind, even if it sometimes mean hurting their feelings.

You are not necessarily a "live and let live" kind of person. You don't always make allowances for others' incompetence or allow annoyances to wash over you. You don't feel it's your job to make everyone feel relaxed and comfortable regardless of whether they've earned it.

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here are mine:

Solitary

You are a private person, not very comfortable in a big group, and view excessive socializing as a waste of time.

You not prefer hanging out with others to spending time alone; you do not tend to feel at home in a crowded room, club, stadium, or auditorium.

Introspective

Competent

You strive to master everything you undertake. You tend to learn quickly and do not shy away from challenges.

You are not a "que sera sera" type of person, nor do you go easy on yourself when attempting to master a new skill or get a job done.

Intellectual

Astute

You are a quick study. You generally don't need to have things explained to you more than once. When presented with a problem, you will often have an instant understanding of where to look for the solution.

You do not take your sweet time when presented with a new task to complete or problem to solve. You don't avoid assignments that require you to learn new skills.

Conscientious

You feel it's important to work according to a plan and finish every task, to do things correctly and thoroughly.

You are not the kind of person who abandons a project before finishing it, or slacks off when you've lost interest.

Optimistic

You are a "glass half-full" kind of person, always on the lookout for the silver lining. Your happiness is contagious, which is why others like to be around you.

You do not feel that the world is an intrinsically depressing place; you are not the kind of "realist" who thinks that only fools find joy in life.

Reserved

You are somewhat shy, or at least unwilling to spend all your time socializing. With you it's true that "still waters run deep," which is why many of your acquaintances never get to know you well.

You are not always ready to talk at the drop of a hat. Whether you're in the office or at a party, you're not likely to be found gabbing away in the middle of a group of people.

Scrupulous

You are an honest, fair person. You don't lie or cheat to get ahead. You treat others with respect and hope for the same in return.

You do not feel that you are above the rules that everyone else follows; you are definitely not willing to do whatever it takes to get ahead.

Focused

You know how to lock in on what's important. You quickly prepare yourself for a task, you don't procrastinate, and you don't let up until the job is done to your satisfaction.

You are the opposite of scattered. You don't procrastinate before starting a task, and you almost never lose track of what you're doing.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Introspective

Prudent

You look before you leap, think before you act, consider what you're about to say before you open your mouth to speak; that's why you rarely have to eat your words.
    You usually don't get excited easily or blurt out the first thing that comes to mind without considering the consequences.

Curious

You like to get to the bottom of things. You're not content knowing what someone did; you want to know why they did it.
    You don't simply take things as they are and move on; you're not content skimming along on the surface; you don't feel you're wasting time by digging for the meaning of things.

Reserved

You are somewhat shy, or at least unwilling to spend all your time socializing. With you it's true that "still waters run deep," which is why many of your acquaintances never get to know you well.
    You are not always ready to talk at the drop of a hat. Whether you're in the office or at a party, you're not likely to be found gabbing away in the middle of a group of people.

Solitary

You are a private person, not very comfortable in a big group, and view excessive socializing as a waste of time.
    You not prefer hanging out with others to spending time alone; you do not tend to feel at home in a crowded room, club, stadium, or auditorium.

Discreet

You tend to hold onto your thoughts until you have something important to say, and even then you're not comfortable imposing your ideas on others unless you know they're truly interested.
    You don't enjoy talking for the sake of talking, and you have no desire to be the center of attention.

Unflappable

You are not a slave to your emotions. It takes a lot to upset or unnerve you. That's why you're a good person to have around in a crisis.
    You don't let it all hang out, which means that those around you often don't know the pressures you're under or what you're going through. You're not the kind of person people run from in a crisis.

Creative

Intellectual

Unsettled

You may be comfortable on your home turf, but you have a tendency to be self-conscious in an unfamiliar environment. While you're usually at ease with your friends, you can be a little skittish around strangers.
    You usually don't feel at home in unfamiliar settings or with new people. When you get rattled, you don't necessarily recover instantly.
    It says i'm introverted.

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Director Trevor View Post
    It says i'm introverted.
    LOL. Yeah. . . I kind of got that impression from mine too. Maybe it was the subtle 4 or 5 times it came up in my list.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, I don't see much correlation with Socionics. Mine sounds like an Ne-valuing ambivert--if I just saw these results I'd think I was Alpha, probably.

But I do like this test just because it's different from others and seems pretty accurate for the people I know who've taken it.

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Golden View Post
    Yeah, I don't see much correlation with Socionics. Mine sounds like an Ne-valuing ambivert--if I just saw these results I'd think I was Alpha, probably.

But I do like this test just because it's different from others and seems pretty accurate for the people I know who've taken it.
    It is accurate, I agree.

TIM
    Ni-IEI 4w5 sx/so
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My top two results were 'passionate' and 'unflappable' -- how does that even make sense?

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by limNol View Post
    My top two results were 'passionate' and 'unflappable' -- how does that even make sense?
    Haha. I dunno, although I have noticed with a certain Beta I'm close to how he's oddly laid back AND intense. And he's probably UR dewal.

TIM
    itsp
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Solitary
    Unflappable
    Pragmatic
    Reserved
    Unsentimental
    Introspective
    Realistic
    Independent
    Frank
    Resilient

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

reserved

solitary

passionate

unsettled

discreet

self-contained

introspective

curious

cooperative

arbitrary

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So you think i'm just a little introverted? lol. I actually liked this test a lot and think it's more accurate than certain socionics tests..i realize it's NOT a socionics test but you can easily tie them together.

Introspective

Reserved

Solitary

Unsettled

Laid Back

Discreet

Abrasive

Aesthetic

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

These are mine:

Down-to-Earth

You think that many of those who claim to love art are just being pretentious. As long as something does the job, whether it be a couch, a coat, or a kitchen cabinet, it's "beautiful" as far as you're concerned. Those who have a high score on the "down-to-earth" trait often hold positions in which they have the opportunity to exercise their organizational expertise.
    You do not think that having "good taste" is such a big deal, or even that there is such a thing as good taste; nor do you claim that you "can't live without" art, beauty, or good design.

Competitive

You'd rather win than simply get along in most situations. When you know you're right, you would rather argue your point than compromise. Generally, those with a high score on the "competitive" trait hold leadership positions in industry and are exhilarated by risk-taking both in their professional and personal lives.
    You are not always interested in getting along with others in a group, especially if it can mean losing your identity.

Abrasive

You are accustomed to rubbing people the wrong way; it's simply what happens when you express your opinions. In your opinion, there's nothing wrong with being controversial.
    You don't have a "live and let live" attitude when it comes to other people whose opinions clash with yours; you see no reason to give the benefit of the doubt to someone who is just plain wrong.

Authoritative

You have found that others will often do what you want them to do, without significantly pushing back. You've also discovered that many people will accept harsher criticism from you than they would take from anyone else. Many of those with a high score on the "authoritative" trait hold leadership positions in industry.
    You do not want to be in the position of always being told what to do. You don't choose to avoid a confrontation if, through confrontation, you could get your way.

Rash

You get excited easily, allow yourself to react without censoring your feelings, and sometimes blurt out the first thing that comes to mind.
    You generally don't consider what you're about to say before you open your mouth to speak.

Literal

You are much more interested in the concrete than in abstractions, and more comfortable talking about things you know are tangible and real than in speculating about concepts.
    You see no reason to constantly hunt for hidden connections, figure out how to make things work more smoothly, or solve everyone's problems.

Competent

You strive to master everything you undertake. You tend to learn quickly and do not shy away from challenges.
    You are not a "que sera sera" type of person, nor do you go easy on yourself when attempting to master a new skill or get a job done.

Pragmatic

You have found that people with sad stories are usually looking for attention or have brought their problems upon themselves. Therefore, you don't obsess about what others are thinking or feeling; if they have something important to tell you, you figure, they'll just come out and say it.
    You do not feel the need to always know what people around you are thinking and feeling, and you don't encourage them to turn to you when they have problems.

Reckless

You tend to give in to your impulses and indulge your cravings. Rather than fight your emotions, you often do what comes naturally, which means occasionally overdoing it, sometimes even embarrassing yourself.
    You are not good at resisting temptation and avoiding overindulgence; you are not the kind of person who doesn't regret anything you said or did.

Accessible

You're comfortable expressing yourself in words and actions, with no self-censorship. You believe that if someone doesn't like what they see it's not your problem, but theirs. A high score on the "accessible" trait suggests that you have a lot of friends, socialize often, and enjoy rap/hip-hop music.
    You don't see the need to keep your thoughts to yourself, or to have a zone of privacy that encompasses only yourself and a small circle of friends and relatives.
    Heh, damn, I'm good.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by laghlagh View Post
    Mmm

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

hahahaha absurd wat

ya, you're good.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

It's a good test and thanks Kassie

TIM
    NG human sorcerer
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I do not really agree with the definition of "passionate" and only relate to it to a certain degree. The rest is good, though.

Passionate

Introspective

Competent

Organized
    You like to think a task through before you embark on it. If it's the slightest bit complicated, you make a list (even if it's only in your mind) and methodically work your way through it. When you have a goal in mind, you're not satisfied until you reach it.
    You are not one of those people who ignore the details, and you don't understand how anyone can get anything accomplished without thoughtful planning ahead of time.

Creative

Astute

Intellectual

Warm
    You have a genuine interest in other people. You're a natural host, and are always thinking about how you can increase the happiness of those around you. When friends have problems or are in trouble, you're usually the first person they turn to for aid and comfort. Scoring high on the "warm" trait suggests that you are among those who enjoy domestic activities — doing things around the house — and are enthusiastic about charitable work, helping others, and making the world a better place.
    You don't always say exactly what you're thinking; you don't like the idea of causing anyone pain because of your criticism.

Understanding
    You are willing to take the time to find out what's going on with other people, especially if they're in distress. You're a good listener, you don't criticize, and you offer unbiased, respectful, honest advice when it's requested. With a high score on the "understanding" trait, it is likely that you are enthusiastic about charitable work, helping others, and making the world a better place.
    You don't feel the need to impose your standards on others or say things that, even though true, cause pain.

Scrupulous
    You are an honest, fair person. You don't lie or cheat to get ahead. You treat others with respect and hope for the same in return.
    You do not feel that you are above the rules that everyone else follows; you are definitely not willing to do whatever it takes to get ahead.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by April View Post
    It is good, I agree...

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Heres' mine

Loose

You feel that a clean, orderly desk is the sign of a person who doesn't have enough to do. Schedules and "to do" lists feel stifling; you thrive on a sense that anything goes, and know that the world won't end if you don't clean up after finishing a job.

You don't need to know that everything is in its place; it is not empowering to you to feel that the world around you is neat and organized. Mowing down every item on your "to do" list, every day, does not bring you joy.

Passionate

Innovative

You come up with a lot of ideas; if one doesn't work out, there's always another waiting in the wings. You often have interesting solutions to difficult problems. You're practically a one-person brainstorming session.

You are less interested changing the world than in dealing with things as they are. Unlike those who spend all their time trying to solve problems, you prefer to zero in on things that work and stick with them.

Original

You are constantly coming up with new ideas. For you, the world as it exists is just a jumping-off place; what's going on inside your mind is often more interesting than what's going on outside.

You don't feel that the road to success is to be a realist and stick to the program; you never stop yourself from coming up with new ideas or telling the world what you're thinking about.

Cooperative

You enjoy teamwork, play well with others, and prefer getting along to winning.

You're not compelled to win every contest nor to be right all the time.

Understanding

You are willing to take the time to find out what's going on with other people, especially if they're in distress. You're a good listener, you don't criticize, and you offer unbiased, respectful, honest advice when it's requested. With a high score on the "understanding" trait, it is likely that you are enthusiastic about charitable work, helping others, and making the world a better place.

You don't feel the need to impose your standards on others or say things that, even though true, cause pain.

Slapdash

You believe things will turn out fine even if they don't go precisely according to plan. As far as you're concerned, it's not the end of the world if a project falls short of perfection.

You don't feel compelled to dot every "i" and cross every "t."

Creative

Intellectual

Curious

fairly accurate imo - however I would like to be less 'loose' in many ways, and I don't know think the passionate description applies to me as much as is suggested.
    Last edited by somavision; 03-10-2011 at 02:06 PM.
    IEE-Ne

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by somavision View Post
    fairly accurate imo
    Yes, accurate for me as well, really liked this one.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Absurd View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by somavision
    fairly accurate imo

Yes, accurate for me as well, really liked this one.
    same

Creepy-bg

which one is it? the personality patterns test?

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bionicgoat View Post
    which one is it? the personality patterns test?
    yes

Creepy-bg

Introspective

Aesthetic

You appreciate art, beauty, and design; you know that they are not superficial but absolutely crucial to living the good life. You have good taste, and you're proud of it. Those with a high score on the "aesthetic" trait are often employed in literary or artistic professions, enjoy domestic activities — doing things around the house — and are enthusiastic about the arts, reading, and travel.
    You don't think it's pretentious to be moved by art and beauty. You're not one of those who believe it doesn't matter what something looks like as long as it does its job.

Loose

You feel that a clean, orderly desk is the sign of a person who doesn't have enough to do. Schedules and "to do" lists feel stifling; you thrive on a sense that anything goes, and know that the world won't end if you don't clean up after finishing a job.
    You don't need to know that everything is in its place; it is not empowering to you to feel that the world around you is neat and organized. Mowing down every item on your "to do" list, every day, does not bring you joy.
    *ehhh I'm a loose person, and enjoy a random enviorment, but i'm also comfortable settling with routine in the day to day. everything has it's place in the chaos of my space.

Upbeat

You enjoy being around others and others enjoy being around you. You have a "live and let live" attitude; because you know that no one's perfect, you are forgiving and happy to give the benefit of the doubt.
    You don't feel the need to be controversial or express contrary opinions all the time. You see no reason to go around rubbing people the wrong way.

Conscientious

You feel it's important to work according to a plan and finish every task, to do things correctly and thoroughly.
    You are not the kind of person who abandons a project before finishing it, or slacks off when you've lost interest.

Organized

Prudent

You look before you leap, think before you act, consider what you're about to say before you open your mouth to speak; that's why you rarely have to eat your words.
    You usually don't get excited easily or blurt out the first thing that comes to mind without considering the consequences.

Innovative

Competent

Sympathetic

You have a knack for knowing what's going on in the hearts and minds of those around you, without their having to tell you explicitly. People tend to turn to you with their problems because they know you care, and that you will likely offer good advice and a helping hand.
    You do not feel that people with sad stories are just looking for attention, or have brought their problems upon themselves.
    agree with everything but the red bit. that's a 50/50 thing (sometimes i have to finish, sometimes i lose interest and blow it off).
    Last edited by bg; 03-10-2011 at 07:20 PM.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Many introverts, just the way I like it.

EDIT: Oh my, dolphin deleted her post. Maritsa has a bad influence on you, dolphin. What a shame
    Last edited by Absurd; 03-10-2011 at 08:53 PM.

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Passionate

Understanding

Warm

You have a genuine interest in other people. You're a natural host, and are always thinking about how you can increase the happiness of those around you. When friends have problems or are in trouble, you're usually the first person they turn to for aid and comfort. Scoring high on the "warm" trait suggests that you are among those who enjoy domestic activities — doing things around the house — and are enthusiastic about charitable work, helping others, and making the world a better place.
    You don't always say exactly what you're thinking; you don't like the idea of causing anyone pain because of your criticism.

Scrupulous

Empathetic

You are in touch with your own feelings, which helps put you in touch with the feelings of others.
    You don't buy the logic that your happiness comes ahead of everyone else's because unless you're happy you're incapable of making anyone else happy.

Assertive

You behave in a confident and forceful manner, take charge of the situation, raise your hand in class, stand up for what you think is right, and lead others. Among those who have a high score on the "assertive" trait, many have jobs in which they are valued for their organizational skills as well as their talent for supervising others.
    You are not interested in fading into the woodwork, leaving everything to fate, taking more time than necessary to accomplish a task, or avoiding confrontation.

Accessible

You're comfortable expressing yourself in words and actions, with no self-censorship. You believe that if someone doesn't like what they see it's not your problem, but theirs. A high score on the "accessible" trait suggests that you have a lot of friends, socialize often, and enjoy rap/hip-hop music.
    You don't see the need to keep your thoughts to yourself, or to have a zone of privacy that encompasses only yourself and a small circle of friends and relatives.

Tender

You are gentle with others, both physically and emotionally. You are careful not to upset people and go out of your way to find the nicest way to say something. You naturally focus on the fact that the world is full of wonderful people, places, and things. More often than not, people with a high score on the "tender" trait enjoy spending time with children, love romantic movies, and are enthusiastic about making the world a better place.
    You don't think of yourself as tough-minded or gruff, nor do you need to be seen as some kind of objective source of truth and rationality.

Innovative

Aesthetic

I guess I'm the opposite of Absurd yet again D:

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Galen View Post
    I guess I'm the opposite of Absurd yet again D:
    Haha, yea I remember the first time. Must be love...

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not sure if this link works, but it's my more detailed results:
    http://fb.signalpatterns.com/persona...462394?p=radar

man, most of my top 10 are in agreeable, even though my top 1 is passionate.

EDIT: oops I retook it so the responses are different now
    Last edited by Galen; 03-12-2011 at 07:29 PM.

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I got:

Passionate : You are in touch with your emotions, and sometimes you react before you think. The good news: you don't tamp down your feelings. The bad news: you sometimes say or do things that you later wish you could take back.

Volatile:You go with the flow when it comes to your emotions. Whether you're happy or sad, you show it, and when something upsets you, or you're feeling stressed out, those around you will know it right away.

Introspective:You like your own company; you're a very interesting person. Tracking your own mental processes, knowing what you're thinking and why you do what you do, is important to you. Often, what's going on in your mind is more compelling than what's going on outside.

Stressed out:You often feel that there's too much on your plate, that you don't have the strength to deal with the bad hand you've been dealt, or that you're going to lose it if you have to deal with one more problem.

Reserved:You are somewhat shy, or at least unwilling to spend all your time socializing. With you it's true that "still waters run deep," which is why many of your acquaintances never get to know you well.

Solitary:You are a private person, not very comfortable in a big group, and view excessive socializing as a waste of time.

Unsettled:You may be comfortable on your home turf, but you have a tendency to be self-conscious in an unfamiliar environment. While you're usually at ease with your friends, you can be a little skittish around strangers.

Self-Contained: You like to stick to your own business and leave the power struggles to others; you know who you are and what you believe in, but you don't see any reason to impose your values on everyone else.

Competitive:You'd rather win than simply get along in most situations. When you know you're right, you would rather argue your point than compromise.

Tender: You are gentle with others, both physically and emotionally. You are careful not to upset people and go out of your way to find the nicest way to say something. You naturally focus on the fact that the world is full of wonderful people, places, and things.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

one could definitely type on these..

Curious

Laid Back

You prefer to do your own thing, in your own way, rather than attempt to force your will, or your ego, on a group. You're happy working on your own, taking your sweet time, and focusing on the job at hand.
    You're not pushy. You're not interested in imposing your will on others, taking charge of every situation, being the first to raise your hand in class, or insisting on being the winner of every argument.

Accessible

Upbeat

You enjoy being around others and others enjoy being around you. You have a "live and let live" attitude; because you know that no one's perfect, you are forgiving and happy to give the benefit of the doubt.
    You don't feel the need to be controversial or express contrary opinions all the time. You see no reason to go around rubbing people the wrong way.

Solitary

Self-Contained

You like to stick to your own business and leave the power struggles to others; you know who you are and what you believe in, but you don't see any reason to impose your values on everyone else.
    You generally don't get involved in organizing or motivating people, and you don't feel the need to always be seen as a big public decision-maker.

Scrupulous

Impulsive

You trust your your instincts. What others may see as rash behavior is, for you, simply going with your gut. Individuals with a high score on the "impulsive" trait tend to try new, sometimes outrageous, things.
    You are not timid. For you, spending time microscopically examining the pros and cons of every decision means never getting anything accomplished.

Creative

Intellectual

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Carefree

You do what you need to do, without demanding that you be perfect. The world isn't flawless and you don't feel the need to pretend that you can make it flawless in your own little way. Therefore, you don't examine everything with a microscope and are comfortable cutting yourself and others a lot of slack.

You don't need for everything you touch to turn out perfectly. You don't go looking for errors, omissions, shoddy work, or bad taste.
    Impulsive

You trust your your instincts. What others may see as rash behavior is, for you, simply going with your gut. Individuals with a high score on the "impulsive" trait tend to try new, sometimes outrageous, things.

You are not timid. For you, spending time microscopically examining the pros and cons of every decision means never getting anything accomplished.
    Original

Accessible

Understanding

Upbeat

Instinctive

You have better things to do with your time than obsess over the details of everything you do in pursuit of some kind of imaginary "excellence."

You don't need to think every task through before starting work, you don't need to make lists, and you don't need to strive for perfection.
    Arbitrary

You believe life can be fairly random, and trying to impose a tight little grid on it is a waste of time - your conclusion: relax. Things will work out (or not). No need to get ultra-logical about everything.

You do not believe that everything has a logical explanation or that every problem has a logical solution.
    Loose

Cool-Headed

You stay cool under pressure. When the world around you is erupting in chaos, you're the one who keeps it together.

You don't fall apart under pressure or lose your composure when all hell is breaking loose.
    Looking for an Archnemesis. Willing applicants contact via PM.

ENFp - Fi 7w6 sp/sx
    The Ineffable IEI
    The Einstein ENTp

johari nohari
    http://www.mypersonality.info/ssmall/

TIM
    ESE-C [Enneagram-2]
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seems about right.

Friendly

You would rather hang out with others than spend time alone, and you'd far rather be doing something with your friends than just sitting around. You're happy in a crowded room, club, stadium, or auditorium.

You're not a private person who is ill at ease in a group; you don't view excessive socializing as a waste of time.

Warm

Passionate

Sympathetic

You have a knack for knowing what's going on in the hearts and minds of those around you, without their having to tell you explicitly. People tend to turn to you with their problems because they know you care, and that you will likely offer good advice and a helping hand.

You do not feel that people with sad stories are just looking for attention, or have brought their problems upon themselves.

Understanding

Scrupulous

Tender

You are gentle with others, both physically and emotionally. You are careful not to upset people and go out of your way to find the nicest way to say something. You naturally focus on the fact that the world is full of wonderful people, places, and things. More often than not, people with a high score on the "tender" trait enjoy spending time with children, love romantic movies, and are enthusiastic about making the world a better place.

You don't think of yourself as tough-minded or gruff, nor do you need to be seen as some kind of objective source of truth and rationality.

Empathetic

You are in touch with your own feelings, which helps put you in touch with the feelings of others.

You don't buy the logic that your happiness comes ahead of everyone else's because unless you're happy you're incapable of making anyone else happy.

Aesthetic

Sociable

You are a people person. You're much more likely to be found in the middle of a crowd than home alone. When there's a good time to be had, you're likely to be having it.

You are not necessarily happier when you're by yourself, and would not choose to be home alone rather than, say, in a crowded club with your friends.

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah, i'd have to say my results above were right on the money...

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your Results You are Friendly, Passionate, and Arbitrary.

Friendly

You would rather hang out with others than spend time alone, and you'd far rather be doing something with your friends than just sitting around. You're happy in a crowded room, club, stadium, or auditorium.
    You're not a private person who is ill at ease in a group; you don't view excessive socializing as a waste of time.

Passionate

Arbitrary

You believe life can be fairly random, and trying to impose a tight little grid on it is a waste of time - your conclusion: relax. Things will work out (or not). No need to get ultra-logical about everything.
    You do not believe that everything has a logical explanation or that every problem has a logical solution.

Warm

Understanding

Instinctive

You have better things to do with your time than obsess over the details of everything you do in pursuit of some kind of imaginary "excellence."
    You don't need to think every task through before starting work, you don't need to make lists, and you don't need to strive for perfection.

Sympathetic

Cool-Headed

You stay cool under pressure. When the world around you is erupting in chaos, you're the one who keeps it together.
    You don't fall apart under pressure or lose your composure when all hell is breaking loose.

Cooperative

Tender

It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Almost the same result as yellow Slacker

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My favorite word in it is "arbitrary". I can't think of a word that describes me better.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by blackburry View Post
    yeah, i'd have to say my results above were right on the money...
    Yea, said it I don't know how many times but pretty good test, I like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker View Post
    My favorite word in it is "arbitrary". I can't think of a word that describes me better.
    Hehe

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ISFp?

Passionate

Loose

Aesthetic

Curious

Laid Back

You prefer to do your own thing, in your own way, rather than attempt to force your will, or your ego, on a group. You're happy working on your own, taking your sweet time, and focusing on the job at hand.
    You're not pushy. You're not interested in imposing your will on others, taking charge of every situation, being the first to raise your hand in class, or insisting on being the winner of every argument.

Self-Contained

You like to stick to your own business and leave the power struggles to others; you know who you are and what you believe in, but you don't see any reason to impose your values on everyone else.
    You generally don't get involved in organizing or motivating people, and you don't feel the need to always be seen as a big public decision-maker.

Cooperative

Inefficient

You like to live your life without plans, and when you do have a plan you're happy to ignore it. While you're not necessarily opposed to getting work done, you're very good at finding other ways to spend your time.
    You are not anal, or even particularly well organized. You don't enjoy sticking to your plans, and don't mind when you don't finish on time.

Slapdash

You believe things will turn out fine even if they don't go precisely according to plan. As far as you're concerned, it's not the end of the world if a project falls short of perfection.
    You don't feel compelled to dot every "i" and cross every "t."

Pessimistic

You tend to be a "glass half-empty" kind of person, which for you is simply a realistic outlook. Your feeling is that this world can be a depressing place, and only a fool would think otherwise.
    You do not waste your time searching for the silver lining in every cloud, nor do you believe it's your job to cheer up the people around you with happy talk.

TIM
    ESE-C [Enneagram-2]
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sounds plausible to me.

TIM
    SEER
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

Not sure how accurate this is. I'm probably not quite as giving as this makes me out to be. Also, I'm probably more willing to say controversial things if I think they are important assuming I'm comfortable in the group I'm in than this thing makes me out to be.

I'm also not sure what it means by "in touch" with my feelings. I would think most people would know how they feel.

There's also a couple things in here I'd like to be. But, I wouldn't necessarily say I am good at. That's mostly directed at Responsible as anyone who has read my Type Me thread would understand.
    Understanding

Warm

Scrupulous

Cooperative

Upbeat

Empathetic

Responsible

You fulfill your obligations and responsibilities, are true to your word, and generally obey the rules. While the majority of those who have a high score on the "responsible" trait enjoy traveling, they are usually very happy to return home — and don’t mind staying put for a while.

You're opposed to making hasty decisions, you don't insist that you're above the rules, nor do you feel compelled to color outside the lines.

Sympathetic

Curious

Organized

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast