Thread: Gamma Manifesto?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Gamma Manifesto?

A friend recently set up a rather odd website.

independentspeculator.com

I'm not really sure what he's trying to accomplish with this site, but he just posted something interesting entitled "The Speculators Manifesto." What do you guys think? Gamma, Beta, Alpha? Sounds sort of like tcaud to be perfectly honest, but I don't think alpha.

Here's what he wrote:

"The Independent Speculator is dedicated to the rare individual who accepts no authority but himself in all walks of life. Exposing societies’ countless errors and boldly charting out new directions, such men and women are the instruments of historical renewal.

So we ask you: does the concept of received wisdom strike you as oxymoronic? Are you mystified by others’ blind adherence to counterproductive theories, norms and imperatives? If so, we are pleased you have discovered us and expect that you will find yourself in good company at The Independent Speculator. We graciously invite you to share your thoughts and perspectives in matters related to investment, financial speculation, and whatever else strikes your fancy."
    Last edited by Timmy; 03-08-2011 at 06:15 PM.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You know about tcaud? Wooohooo.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Course I do. Tcaud is like, totally taking the world by storm with his brilliant theories. Didn't you know he's basically mainstream at this point?

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's not about tcaud. It's about you, Timmy. Do we know you?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Trevor, it's called parasocial interaction.

Ashton, you may be right about that. In fact, I suspect you are.
    Last edited by Timmy; 03-08-2011 at 09:21 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This particular case does seem to have a rather gammic spin on it. Keep in mind, however, that I'm not sure of it and that I probably have no idea what I'm talking about.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Igxfl View Post
    This particular case does seem to have a rather gammic spin on it. Keep in mind, however, that I'm not sure of it and that I probably have no idea what I'm talking about.
    I appreciate your input Igxfl. I'm inclined to agree.
    Last edited by Timmy; 03-08-2011 at 12:06 AM.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So are we allowed to have multiple accounts?
    Shock intuition, diamond logic.

The16types.info Scientific Model

Coldest of the Socion EyeSeeCold's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt View Post
    So are we allowed to have multiple accounts?
    If everyone else is doing it - my Alpha reasoning points to "Yes".
    (i)NTFS

An ILI at rest tends to remain at rest
    and an ILI in motion is probably not an ILI

31.9FM KICE Radio ♫ *56K Warning*
    My work on Inert/Contact subtypes

Socionics Visual Identification(V.I.) Database
    Socionics Tests Database
    Comprehensive List of Socionics Sites

Fidei Defensor

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok ok, you guys got me. I'm actually tcaud. I knew all of you would make fun of me if I asked you to visit another website I'd made, and my sensitive - just couldn't handle that.

Freudian slip mentioning myself in that first post.
    Last edited by Timmy; 03-08-2011 at 06:44 PM.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy View Post
    Ok ok, you guys got me. I'm actually tcaud.
    And I'm actually Mother Theresa.

Coldest of the Socion EyeSeeCold's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Danglers, Janglers, and Wanglers?
    (i)NTFS

An ILI at rest tends to remain at rest
    and an ILI in motion is probably not an ILI

31.9FM KICE Radio ♫ *56K Warning*
    My work on Inert/Contact subtypes

Socionics Visual Identification(V.I.) Database
    Socionics Tests Database
    Comprehensive List of Socionics Sites

Fidei Defensor

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by EyeSeeCold View Post
    Danglers, Janglers, and Wanglers?
    And Tony Caudill strikes again! Imma be starting the supersocion movement one wangler at a time.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In all seriousness though, I would love to hear what you all think. I'd share my own hypothesis, but I'd rather let you all do so first so as not to sway your opinions unnecessarily.
    Last edited by Timmy; 03-09-2011 at 08:06 PM.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It has the ingredients for Gamma, yeah, if you ask me (and rather Rational). Catchy name, promises, "leave the others, come to us", "boldly charting out new directions" and "historical renewal".
    On a side note, I don't relate at all at that, I myself always go in new directions, though out of necessity, of genuine curiosity, while this is a sham - eg "new direction for what towards what?", towards 'new', wtf? - this is stupid and sounds like commercial advertising. Also, I don't see why this should be "bold", and what does is have to deal with others, with "renewing history"?

I always found these misrepresenting truly ingenuous and intelligent people and often they're replaced in key fields with impostors. How that sounds, "I'm so excited about this discovery cause I want to renew history!"?

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Also, I don't see why this should be "bold", and what does is have to deal with others, with "renewing history"?
    Yea, I think it should read bolt instead of bold.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The manifesto tries to act inspired, but it's just a bunch of catchphrased hype. The author is more interested in asserting himself as a free thinking revolutionary than saying anything of value. References to 'the flaws of the sheeples' are vague cliches with the words "blind" and "traditions" thrown in somewhere.
    Last edited by crazedrat; 03-09-2011 at 11:22 AM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Absurd,
    do you mean to say dolt? I'm not sure I see your point.

Crazedrat (are you the original?) and Bolt,
    I agree that the post is fluff, but I'm most interested in your opinions regarding whether some quadra values are more or less emphasized in his writing than others. I'm considerably less interested in the extent to which you find this author's writing compelling, and I don't care at all for your value judgments about his supposed intentions or about him as a person (unless you've made the common fallacy of conflating quadra values with quality of a person).

I always found these misrepresenting truly ingenuous and intelligent people and they're replaced in key fields with impostors. How that sounds, "I'm so excited about this discovery cause I want to renew history!"?
    I'm sure that I haven't a clue what you are talking about. It doesn't sound like you've thought that idea out too well, and it certainly doesn't sound as though you have any grounds for making the kinds judgments about this author you seem intent on making based on a five sentence writing sample.

Anyway, thanks for the feedback guys (especially bolt, who actually made an honest effort to respond to my question). Any feedback is good feedback.

If anyone else wants to pipe in, the floor is all yours.
    Last edited by Timmy; 03-09-2011 at 06:04 PM.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm considerably less interested in the extent to which you find this author's writing compelling, and I don't care at all for your value judgments about his supposed intentions or about him as a person (unless you've made the common fallacy of conflating quadra values with quality of a person).
    You basically acknowledge only two options: hasty generalization and totally dismissing evidence. As you recognize hasty generalization as a fallacy - which I anyway didn't make -, then WTF do you want with this thread?
    I'm sure that I haven't a clue what you are talking about. It doesn't sound like you've thought that idea out too well, and it certainly doesn't sound as though you have any grounds for making the kinds judgments about this author you seem intent on making based on a five sentence writing sample.
    From an idea to a judgment is a long way to go, esp since I was not limiting myself to this case ("on a side note"). I went beyond this author, towards the big picture, though from those "five sentence" his position is clear as daylight. Now whether that's a sham or not, it's up to each one's interpretation; to me it is, for the aforementioned reasons.

If you don't accept that the website quotes can tell something about the author's personality, why do you ask people to type him? Hopefully the admins will move this at most to "what's my type".

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hopefully the admins will move this at most to "what's my type"
    Are you trying to be unfriendly Bolt? I'm not trying to challenge your intelligence or imply you've said things that you haven't.

I am well aware that I have not provided much material and that any effort to assess quadra values will rely upon generalization. I have no problem with your generalizing about how various quadra values may or may not come into play within the context of my friend's post. My interest in creating this topic was to gain a better understanding of what quadra values mean to socionics enthusiasts, not to make a typing of this friend (I am actually already quit confident about his type).

I'm aware that your intention was to describe a kind of person and that your comment was only tangentially directed toward the author in question. I can also understand that you may find it useful to draw loose comparisons between this author and kinds of people with whom you have more experience in your effort to understand how he's engaging with the world and processing information. I suppose I just found it distasteful how you found it necessary to belabor a seemingly irrelevant point (which I still do not understand by the way) about him being "an imposter" or some shit like that. What does that have to do with quadra values?

To be blunt, you post sounded to me a lot like this: "I disdain a certain group of people that are obnoxious, conceited and largely useless. Your friend is like, totally one of those people." Whether you think so or not, that is a judgment, and I just didn't find it helpful at all. Aside from the fact that what you wrote is irrelevant to my purpose in posting the thread, I generally find it more useful to try to understand a person rather than to lump him into a group that you've preordained as good or bad. Your approach seems like a shallow way to try to understand a person, even if you don't have much to work with.
    Last edited by Timmy; 03-09-2011 at 08:10 PM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Crazedrat (are you the original?) and Bolt,
    I agree that the post is fluff, but I'm most interested in your opinions regarding whether some quadra values are more or less emphasized in his writing than others. I'm considerably less interested in the extent to which you find this author's writing compelling, and I don't care at all for your value judgments about his supposed intentions or about him as a person (unless you've made the common fallacy of conflating quadra values with quality of a person).
    You think Im here to answer your questions? I dont care what interests you. Ill say whatever the fuck pops into my head, like cursing some pubescent manifesto. I didnt mention quadra values, either.. duno where you got that from.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by crazedratsghost View Post
    I dont care what interests you.
    That's fine with me. Just don't expect to make a lot of friends entering in on others' threads and posting useless filler.
    Last edited by Timmy; 03-09-2011 at 09:08 PM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You dont own this thread, and I dont want to be your friend. Useless filler is what I call the OP

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by crazedratsghost View Post
    You dont own this thread, and I dont want to be your friend.
    How old are you? 7? I don't own this thread but I did start it with a clear agenda in mind. You add nothing when you poke your head in and engage in off-topic intellectual masturbation.

This is getting old. Does anybody have something serious to contribute to the discussion?

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sounds like Ashton and somavision manner of grossly putting words in people's mouths.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What are you are getting at? At what point did I put words in your mouth.