Thread: How to create extraverted intuition, Ne?

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default How to create extraverted intuition, Ne?

Yes, I need some Ne for a very specific reason.

I am working with an SEI/ESE guy who's got a masters in finance and is a licensed financial planner and stock broker. He and I are exploring the idea of opening a business (on-the-job training for me mirite) to sell foreign securities to people who want to preserve their wealth by getting out of the dollar. He's got years of experience running his own company, which he no longer owns after having his friends betray him while he was ill, tricking him into signing papers and whatnot so that he ended up transferring ownership to them.

Since then, he's become cynical about getting back into the business, but after hearing me rant about the economy and how we can profit from the economic collapse, he is intrigued by the idea of taking advantage of the situation through a website or something of the sort.

Anyhow, he and I get along very well and have good chemistry. However, I would like to provide him with some bullshit Ne. I am pretty good at emulating my ILE brother as far as articulation and mannerisms go, but I want to hear some random ideas about things to try and things to avoid as far as marketing is concerned, so that I can top off the act with a big old alpha cherry.

Gimme some of that bullshit mirite.

Creepy-Snaps

Quote Originally Posted by discojoe View Post

I am working with an SEI/ESE guy who's got a masters in finance and is a licensed financial planner and stock broker. He and I are exploring the idea of opening a business (on-the-job training for me mirite) to sell foreign securities to people who want to preserve their wealth by getting out of the dollar. He's got years of experience running his own company, which he no longer owns after having his friends betray him while he was ill, tricking him into signing papers and whatnot so that he ended up transferring ownership to them.

Since then, he's become cynical about getting back into the business, but after hearing me rant about the economy and how we can profit from the economic collapse, he is intrigued by the idea of taking advantage of the situation through a website or something of the sort.

Anyhow, he and I get along very well and have good chemistry. However, I would like to provide him with some bullshit Ne. I am pretty good at emulating my ILE brother as far as articulation and mannerisms go, but I want to hear some random ideas about things to try and things to avoid as far as marketing is concerned, so that I can top off the act with a big old alpha cherry.

Hmm... why not just ask your ILE brother?

not gonna be around as much anymore
    TIM
    C-IEE
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What kind of ideas are you looking for? What to sell? Or how to sell it? You mentioned marketing...so, you want ideas for ads and such? Ways to get people "in the door?"

What is your niche market?
    My life's work (haha):
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin/blog.php?b=709
    Input, PLEASEAnd thank you

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Dew View Post
    Hmm... why not just ask your ILE brother?
    I will, but I want moar.

Quote Originally Posted by pianosinger View Post
    What kind of ideas are you looking for? What to sell? Or how to sell it? You mentioned marketing...so, you want ideas for ads and such? Ways to get people "in the door?"

What is your niche market?
    Well we're essentially fear mongering and hoping that people buy into it by purchasing our services. The niche market is basically white men from 18+ who listen to conservative news and want to save their money. A lot, but by no means all of them are southerners. And I'm in south Florida, so lots of those around here.

TIM
    C-IEE
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well we're essentially fear mongering and hoping that people buy into it by purchasing our services.
    Hmm. Sounds slightly unethical? I don't think I can (will) help. Guess that's why you were hoping for ILE's to respond...
    My life's work (haha):

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

haha

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not entirely sure what you're looking for here.
    ILE
    7w8 so/sp

Very busy with work. Only kind of around.

Creepy-Snaps

Hmm. Sounds slightly unethical? I don't think I can (will) help. Guess that's why you were hoping for ILE's to respond...
    Lol, I don't think it's unethical, he's just aiming at people fearful/conservative of the U.S. economy... which would include me. I've listened to Peter Schiff, and agree that unemployment may drastically dip to 25% by year's end... I'm one of the conservatives willing to invest foreign, and buy gold, that he could sell to, if only I had more money.

Quote Originally Posted by Vero View Post
    I believe he's looking for some help marketing. Some advertising pitches, in order to help him advertise the foreign-securities. And in an Ne-way that helps people realize the possibilites, how much money they could be saving by investing in his securities.

Something like "Better than investing in gold!" , I dunno. I honestly don't believe I'm Ne-ego, so not sure if I could help much, but he's looking for something along those lines, I believe.

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Vero View Post
    Well you're a shitty ILE.

Creepy-Snaps

Maybe, "Be bold, go gold AND abroad!"

Or, "Diversify, diversify, diversify! Invest abroad!"

Just a couple more ideas I had. Maybe an Ne-ego or someone more creative, who understands the business idea you're planning, could come up with better ideas.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You won't get my money, I know I could do better by myself.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    You won't get my money, I know I could do better by myself.
    Just like you were able to invade Greece yourse.... oh wait.

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CILi View Post
    My bro fits the bill. (PM this guy.)

Oh, and marketing-wise, maybe the nutso-crowd's better hit with the -downsides of suffering our economy "without your help" than the -upsides of doin' the gold thing "with you".

Commit to, like, straight-up being the Fox News of Foreign Investment (if it doesn't kill you in the process).
    Thanks. That's useful.

TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default x

Discojoe, all problems can be solved by extreme violence! Forget about that squeamish black triangle and break his legs!!!!
    ILE "Searcher"
    Socionics: ENTp
    DCNH: Dominant --> perhaps Normalizing
    Enneagram: 7w6 "Enthusiast"
    MBTI: ENTJ "Field Marshall" or ENTP "Inventor"
    Astrological sign: Aquarius

To learn, read. To know, write. To master, teach.

Creepy-Snaps

Quote Originally Posted by CILi View Post
    My bro fits the bill. (PM this guy.)

Oh, and marketing-wise, maybe the nutso-crowd's better hit with the -downsides of suffering our economy "without your help" than the -upsides of doin' the gold thing "with you".

Commit to, like, straight-up being the Fox News of Foreign Investment (if it doesn't kill you in the process).
    That's a great idea. A lot of these people are scared about the economy anyway. Psychologically, you should scare them only a little bit, and then offer your products/securities/business idea as a solution.

TIM
    C-IEE
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Dew View Post
    Lol, I don't think it's unethical, he's just aiming at people fearful/conservative of the U.S. economy... which would include me. I've listened to Peter Schiff, and agree that unemployment may drastically dip to 25% by year's end... I'm one of the conservatives willing to invest foreign, and buy gold, that he could sell to, if only I had more money.
    Well, my husband and I plan to put more of our money into basic "necessities" like toothpaste and chapstick and maxi pads...stuff that will make good barter material if/when money becomes useless.
    My life's work (haha):

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well we're essentially fear mongering and hoping that people buy into it by purchasing our services. The niche market is basically white men from 18+ who listen to conservative news and want to save their money. A lot, but by no means all of them are southerners. And I'm in south Florida, so lots of those around here.
    OK bigoted ones to start with...
    Tell them you tried to sell your services to some Frenchmen but they were too chicken.
    Tel them that unless they by them now that you'll have to go to the Chinese and that their kids will end up washing the cars of you Chinese clinets kids.
    Show them a picture of a mushroom cloud.
    Say the word unAmerican alot.
    Tell them that you're fairly sure that if God could endorse an investment scheme it would be yours.
    Talk about the impending ice age.
    Talk about how all the liberals are messing up the country planning for this global warming nonsense and that they need to invest overseas where the common sense is at.
    Talk about the work ethic of foreign currencies.
    Mexicans/Democrats/Liberals/Homosexuals/Jews/Pinkso/Canadians/Swedes all messing up the economy.
    Why not get rich of the foreigners for once.

Seriously...
    Ask these following questions.
    Where are you going to be in 5 10 15 20 years.
    Chances are that they'll give an overly optimistic outlook.
    Bring in doubt.
    Talk about the preious 5 10 15 20 years
    How much the world has changed.
    The fall of the Berlin Wall, 9/11, Black President, boom bust, Arnie as Governer etc etc etc
    Talk of they're circumstances changing.
    Do they know people who died unexpectedly, had an accident
    Talk about the waxing and waining of great econies and empires.
    Greece Rome Persia Spain Mongolia Britain Ottoman etc etc etc
    Tak about the Autumn of their lives and Americas glory days.
    They might not have family now, the may not be thinking of retiring now...
    but imagine... don't they want their money to be their at the next dawn.
    America will stay strong, it will stay powerful.. of course it will (reassure them) ... but tel them to go to the new dawn thingy.

Apologies if I've totally misunderstood what you are looking for and the nature of your new business.
    IEE-Ne

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, my husband and I plan to put more of our money into basic "necessities" like toothpaste and chapstick and maxi pads...stuff that will make good barter material if/when money becomes useless.
    Good idea. Silver would be more suitable for certain situations, however.

For instance, soon after the dollar collapses, many people will still have much of their basic necessities met, so bartering with consumable resources might be less effective than bartering with something that is immediately recognized as actual money.
    Last edited by discojoe; 03-07-2011 at 08:25 PM. Reason: typo

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by somavision View Post
    etc etc
    Awesome. Just what I wanted. Teewai.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you want to run a scam, just do it like Maddoff. No need for a deep psyhcological analysis. Just remember to fly away before you hear the police knocking at your office's door.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There's a possibility I might have Ne, so here it goes...

Fascinating idea.

I would emphasize the fall of the Dollar against the Euro and other currencies, as well as pointing out the strengths of other countries and the weaknesses of the US, as well as hinting at the possibility of the US collapsing and them needing to escape to another country to avoid the fallout. Just find data that supports these assumptions, and feed it to them.

It shouldn't be hard to convince people to believe this... especially if they're jaded enough to even consider seeking your services. Other than this, I would suggest all the typical methods used in marketing... just getting the word out there with advertising and such, offering things that make your company look good relative to competitors, etc.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Make a one minute version of those Zeitgeist movies.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Show him this post and see if you can still get into business with him... As far as I'm concerned, you come across as the type of person his former friends were by what you seem to be asking. Just seeing the fact that you need to bullshit him right from the start comes across as kinda shitty. I dunno, good luck I guess.

For the sake of argument though, what is it that you actually bring to the table other than the idea?

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah why not just hire your brother to do that for you.
    This intrigues me...do Ne people often do "scams" and such to make money? Or involved in marketing? Like ESE+ILE=marketing gold?

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by somavision View Post
    OK bigoted ones to start with...
    Tell them you tried to sell your services to some Frenchmen but they were too chicken.
    Tel them that unless they by them now that you'll have to go to the Chinese and that their kids will end up washing the cars of you Chinese clinets kids.
    Show them a picture of a mushroom cloud.
    Say the word unAmerican alot.
    Tell them that you're fairly sure that if God could endorse an investment scheme it would be yours.
    Talk about the impending ice age.
    Talk about how all the liberals are messing up the country planning for this global warming nonsense and that they need to invest overseas where the common sense is at.
    Talk about the work ethic of foreign currencies.
    Mexicans/Democrats/Liberals/Homosexuals/Jews/Pinkso/Canadians/Swedes all messing up the economy.
    Why not get rich of the foreigners for once.

Seriously...
    Ask these following questions.
    Where are you going to be in 5 10 15 20 years.
    Chances are that they'll give an overly optimistic outlook.
    Bring in doubt.
    Talk about the preious 5 10 15 20 years
    How much the world has changed.
    The fall of the Berlin Wall, 9/11, Black President, boom bust, Arnie as Governer etc etc etc
    Talk of they're circumstances changing.
    Do they know people who died unexpectedly, had an accident
    Talk about the waxing and waining of great econies and empires.
    Greece Rome Persia Spain Mongolia Britain Ottoman etc etc etc
    Tak about the Autumn of their lives and Americas glory days.
    They might not have family now, the may not be thinking of retiring now...
    but imagine... don't they want their money to be their at the next dawn.
    America will stay strong, it will stay powerful.. of course it will (reassure them) ... but tel them to go to the new dawn thingy.

Apologies if I've totally misunderstood what you are looking for and the nature of your new business.
    None of these will work...this person is an S type, translated, meaning a realist who earthens the ideas of

Quote Originally Posted by mirrorsoul View Post
    There's a possibility I might have Ne, so here it goes...

Fascinating idea.

I would emphasize the fall of the Dollar against the Euro and other currencies, as well as pointing out the strengths of other countries and the weaknesses of the US, as well as hinting at the possibility of the US collapsing and them needing to escape to another country to avoid the fallout. Just find data that supports these assumptions, and feed it to them.

It shouldn't be hard to convince people to believe this... especially if they're jaded enough to even consider seeking your services. Other than this, I would suggest all the typical methods used in marketing... just getting the word out there with advertising and such, offering things that make your company look good relative to competitors, etc.

I think he's trying to get the SEI to go for the plan; convincing other people, especially less knowledgeable won't be hard.

This and this

SEI are outright one of the best investors of money and recognizing opportunities that are realistically advantageous; if he hasn't gone for it, that means he thinks it's a terrible idea. They have an exceptionally good eye for financial advantages and investments and don't like to take risks, being risk adverse; you can check this out by reading some of Soro's books; he's SEI type. You're not going to use any amount of Ne to convince this person what to do for you or with you if the idea is not solid.
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 03-08-2011 at 04:03 AM.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cracka View Post
    Show him this post and see if you can still get into business with him... As far as I'm concerned, you come across as the type of person his former friends were by what you seem to be asking. Just seeing the fact that you need to bullshit him right from the start comes across as kinda shitty. I dunno, good luck I guess.
    Blah blah blah. I'm not doing anything wrong.

For the sake of argument though, what is it that you actually bring to the table other than the idea?
    Ask him. He's the one who thinks I'm so smart and wants to work with me.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    None of these will work...this person is an S type, translated, meaning a realist who earthens the ideas of
    I've three words.... sowing the seed. repeated... sowing the seed. finally... sowing the seed. once more for luck... sowing the seed.
    IEE-Ne

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Ne sees positive possibilities i.e. what can work. Ni sees negative possibilities i.e. what cannot work. So to fake Ne you list all possibilities despite of how likely you think they will work or not, "you could do this or this or this or that" and so on.

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by siuntal View Post
    Ne sees positive possibilities i.e. what can work. Ni sees negative possibilities i.e. what cannot work. So to fake Ne you list all possibilities despite of how likely you think they will work or not, "you could do this or this or this or that" and so on.
    Learn about socionics please.

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Umm he's pretty much right though though simplistic in his given definitions.
    Anytime your forced to define something your going to run into problems because your not a dictionary.
    I was thinking about some of this stuff and was thinking you should just watch fox news and old Bush speeches/commercials etc to get a slant on conservatives. Read a few conservative think tanks magazines/articles.

Also peruse foreign securities websites and see what the big time competition is doing. Maybe call them up and see how they try and sell you.
    http://www.gokandy.com/Blog/Blog.aspx?Id=669

Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo

Gold is gold.
    Chinese silver is American GOLD!!
    Better than silver and gold!
    Inflation proof gold!
    Theres a silver lining to this meltdown!

TIM
    INTj-Ti
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Conservatives tend to eat up some pretty retarded things. I dunno. You could use something like saving up to fight back, when Obama/democrat/liberal armies take over america and impose a socialist regime where everyone's money is taken and redistributed back by the government. So it would be best to choose wisely in deciding where to save your money.
    I N T J BIATCH!

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Learn about socionics please.
    *sigh* you're hopeless and with that attitude you will not learn how to use Ne