Results 1 to 37 of 37

Thread: Type mystery person

  1. #1
    Haikus Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,740
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default Type mystery person

    1. Do emotions drain your working energy or can you work even though on the inside you may feel down?
    I like emotions. They energize me and make me feel like something other than NOTHING is happening.

    2. Which are you more likely to do:
    A. Plan something and go over the plan before you proceed.
    B. Leap into one thing after another, working on the fly.

    A.

    3. You've already indicated poor time management, does it stress you out when you have to be somewhere at a certain time; do you get anxious and tense?
    Yes. But my time management isn't bad, it's just neurotic. I'm almost always on time.
    4. You already said you're very good with organization. What system or methodology do you follow when proceeding? Do you use methods, work flow, or do you use categorization?
    It totally depends on the situation. When I organize my belongings, I do it on some kind of gut aesthetic basis, arranging things in such a way as to please me the most, sometimes based on size, sometimes on color, chronology, etc.

    5. What activity is your idea of relaxation? Why?
    Zoning out in front of my computer is what I typically do. It's because there are so many activities I can perform that I am able to just blank out and let my mind wander through the virtual landscape.

    If we're talking physical relaxation, then I like any kind of massage, mild or hardcore. Having my muscles touched sends me into a blissful, endorphin fueled trance.

    6. What activity is your idea of "fun"? Why?
    Playing video games/watching movies. It's escapism, I can relax and forget about everything.

    Soon, however, my idea of fun is going to be singing songs that I've written on a stage, in front of people who wish they were me.

    7. What quality or trait do you envy or wish you had? Which ones do you envy in others?
    The ability to always know the most pragmatic action in any given situation, because it seems like something American society values in the extreme, and I really don't care about it or focus on it, but I wish I could somehow bullshit it without straining myself too much.

    I know I get frustrated when I can't focus on something that I find boring.


    8. Do you like to collect information in things like books, about your hobbies and interests? I'm talking about having facts?
    Yep, I need these things to arm myself in arguments and to impress people.

    9. Do you enjoy quotes?
    Not particularly. I have a few favorites, but I use them to remind me of some wise piece of information, I don't use them in a day-to-day basis.

    10. Do you make or follow routines for yourself?
    I tend to unconsciously follow certain repetitive behaviors and routines, but not compulsively. While I like constancy and security, I get bored with too much of it and need excitement, something to push me past my comfort zone.

    11. Do you offer people advice about what they can do and how they can do things?
    Yes, but I have learned to back off and let them make up their own minds instead of cramming new information down their throats.

    12. Do you make rules?
    On an as-needed basis, I think so, but I don't go around codifying everything and writing instruction manuals. I think that it's better to let things flow more naturally most of the time.

    13. Are you more likely to see similarities between things or differences?
    Similarities.

    14. Glass half full or half empty?
    Full, and anything that makes me focus on the empty part depresses me, and I have to recharge and refocus my energy into something more positive. Any negative vibes sap me of energy.

    15. Are you likely to give considerate gifts to people?
    Yes.

    16. Are you emotionally expressive (likes to give hugs)?
    No.

    17. Do you find yourself contradicting what you say and do?
    Yeah, but only when it comes to really strict, harsh bullshit. I think I am projecting when I get that way, which explains the underlying hypocrisy. Other than that, I follow my own advice pretty well.

    18. Do you agree with the statement:

    Time is made for discipline.
    You should go to work whenever you feel rested, no alarm is needed; when people go to work whenever they wake up they wouldn't need as much coffee and they would be better rested.

    "Time is made for discipline" is stupid. Time isn't made for anything; it's just energy, movement, relativity, etc. I guess the idea is that we should discipline our usage of time, which I agree with, but only as long as you're not making yourself miserable in the process.

    As to the second part, I agree with the sentiment, but it is impractical for obvious reasons. If people showed up to work whenever they felt like it, very little would ever get done.
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 03-05-2011 at 05:22 PM.

  2. #2
    Hiding Typhon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Valhalla
    TIM
    Ni-ENFj
    Posts
    2,645
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    ENFp IMO.

  3. #3
    Haikus Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,740
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Typhon View Post
    ENFp IMO.
    I don't think ENFp's are good about getting "vibes" from people as I think that function is related to Si (being able to get a subjective sense of the object and what personal feelings are impressed upon them by that object).
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 03-05-2011 at 04:03 PM.

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    18,006
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    LSE.

  5. #5
    squark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    2,116
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    sounds like dj.

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    18,006
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by squark View Post
    sounds like dj.
    Say LSE.

  7. #7
    squark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    2,116
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Absurd View Post
    Say LSE.
    LSE

  8. #8
    Haikus Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,740
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by squark View Post
    LSE
    what makes you think it's LSE?

  9. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    18,006
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    what makes you think it's LSE?
    Yea, what makes you think that, squark ?

  10. #10
    squark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    2,116
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    what makes you think it's LSE?
    Nothing. I was just playing along with Absurd. I could make an argument for it easily. But deciding a type, and then finding reasons for why that type is correct is not the same as actually typing someone.

  11. #11
    Haikus Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,740
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by squark View Post
    Nothing. I was just playing along with Absurd. I could make an argument for it easily. But deciding a type, and then finding reasons for why that type is correct is not the same as actually typing someone.
    That's what I want. Call it tunnel vision..lol; I need support for my Ideas

  12. #12
    squark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    2,116
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Absurd View Post
    Yea, what makes you think that, squark ?
    LOL

  13. #13
    squark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    2,116
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    That's what I want. Call it tunnel vision..lol; I need support for my Ideas
    Done that way, it's only a justification though Maritsa. Cherry-picking evidence to support a claim is not typing.

  14. #14
    Haikus Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,740
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by squark View Post
    Done that way, it's only a justification though Maritsa. Cherry-picking evidence to support a claim is not typing.
    I know, please give some insight. I would appreciate your reasoning.

  15. #15
    aka Slacker Slacker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    North Korea
    TIM
    IEE
    Posts
    8,819
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    LSI and yeah sounds like DJ
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain


    You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

  16. #16
    Haikus Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,740
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by squark View Post
    Done that way, it's only a justification though Maritsa. Cherry-picking evidence to support a claim is not typing.
    Would you post your answers so that I can compare them at least?

  17. #17
    aka Slacker Slacker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    North Korea
    TIM
    IEE
    Posts
    8,819
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    1. Do emotions drain your working energy or can you work even though on the inside you may feel down?
    I like emotions. They energize me and make me feel like something other than NOTHING is happening.

    FE valuing

    2. Which are you more likely to do:
    A. Plan something and go over the plan before you proceed.
    B. Leap into one thing after another, working on the fly.
    A.

    Rational

    3. You've already indicated poor time management, does it stress you out when you have to be somewhere at a certain time; do you get anxious and tense?
    Yes. But my time management isn't bad, it's just neurotic. I'm almost always on time.

    Ni valuing maybe, but common in LSIs regardless

    4. You already said you're very good with organization. What system or methodology do you follow when proceeding? Do you use methods, work flow, or do you use categorization?
    It totally depends on the situation. When I organize my belongings, I do it on some kind of gut aesthetic basis, arranging things in such a way as to please me the most, sometimes based on size, sometimes on color, chronology, etc.

    TI TI Ti and particularly LSI style of Ti

    5. What activity is your idea of relaxation? Why?
    Zoning out in front of my computer is what I typically do. It's because there are so many activities I can perform that I am able to just blank out and let my mind wander through the virtual landscape.

    If we're talking physical relaxation, then I like any kind of massage, mild or hardcore. Having my muscles touched sends me into a blissful, endorphin fueled trance.

    Ni seeking - "virtual landscape" sounds Ni ish to me

    6. What activity is your idea of "fun"? Why?
    Playing video games/watching movies. It's escapism, I can relax and forget about everything.

    Soon, however, my idea of fun is going to be singing songs that I've written on a stage, in front of people who wish they were me.

    "people who wish they were me" Se lol. Escapism - Ni seeking

    7. What quality or trait do you envy or wish you had? Which ones do you envy in others?
    The ability to always know the most pragmatic action in any given situation, because it seems like something American society values in the extreme, and I really don't care about it or focus on it, but I wish I could somehow bullshit it without straining myself too much.

    I know I get frustrated when I can't focus on something that I find boring.

    Ni seeking for the first part - second part NTR


    8. Do you like to collect information in things like books, about your hobbies and interests? I'm talking about having facts?
    Yep, I need these things to arm myself in arguments and to impress people.

    T type

    9. Do you enjoy quotes?
    Not particularly. I have a few favorites, but I use them to remind me of some wise piece of information, I don't use them in a day-to-day basis.

    NTR, maybe shows not valueing Te but more likely NTR

    10. Do you make or follow routines for yourself?
    I tend to unconsciously follow certain repetitive behaviors and routines, but not compulsively. While I like constancy and security, I get bored with too much of it and need excitement, something to push me past my comfort zone.

    Ti > Te - likes categorizing as said before, not too worried about routines, also Fe valuing "needs excitement"

    11. Do you offer people advice about what they can do and how they can do things?
    Yes, but I have learned to back off and let them make up their own minds instead of cramming new information down their throats.

    Depends on what kidn of advice he/she is thinking of'

    12. Do you make rules?
    On an as-needed basis, I think so, but I don't go around codifying everything and writing instruction manuals. I think that it's better to let things flow more naturally most of the time.

    Hmm hard to say how Ti people think about the rules they make - they probably feel like the flow naturally.

    13. Are you more likely to see similarities between things or differences?
    Similarities.

    NTR - too vague a question, maybe shows "positivist" but I doubt it

    14. Glass half full or half empty?
    Full, and anything that makes me focus on the empty part depresses me, and I have to recharge and refocus my energy into something more positive. Any negative vibes sap me of energy.

    Fe seeking

    15. Are you likely to give considerate gifts to people?
    Yes.

    NTR - could be Fi or Fe valuing depending on what this person is thinking of

    16. Are you emotionally expressive (likes to give hugs)?
    No.

    Intorvert maybe

    17. Do you find yourself contradicting what you say and do?
    Yeah, but only when it comes to really strict, harsh bullshit. I think I am projecting when I get that way, which explains the underlying hypocrisy. Other than that, I follow my own advice pretty well.

    ? no idea - you think this is Ne valuing maybe? But I don't think so - I don't notice when I contradict stuff until after someone points it out.

    18. Do you agree with the statement:

    Time is made for discipline.
    You should go to work whenever you feel rested, no alarm is needed; when people go to work whenever they wake up they wouldn't need as much coffee and they would be better rested.
    "Time is made for discipline" is stupid. Time isn't made for anything; it's just energy, movement, relativity, etc. I guess the idea is that we should discipline our usage of time, which I agree with, but only as long as you're not making yourself miserable in the process.

    As to the second part, I agree with the sentiment, but it is impractical for obvious reasons. If people showed up to work whenever they felt like it, very little would ever get done.

    Dunno, the first part sounds Fe > Te to me, the second part sounds Ti + Se. Follow the standard rules damnit. 8 am is 8 am. I've heard that from an LSI boss. She kept track of another person's breaks, when they were like one minute late from break, or one minute early, and over a couple of months it added up to like 10 minutes of extra time gone, so the LSI boss made her stay 10 minutes late to make up for the "stolen" 10 minutes. ROFL. I know not all LSIs would do that, but to keep track of the rules like that is something an unhappy LSI who wants to make everyone as miserable as she is did. Now, on the other hand, my two engineer bosses, who were LIE and SLE, noticed I had a hard time getting to work before 8:30, so they juts changed my hours to 8:30 to 5:30 so they'd know when to expect me, and said it was nice having me there later.
    Is this discojoe?
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain


    You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

  18. #18
    Imagine Timeless's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    San Francisco, CA.
    TIM
    ILE/ENTp
    Posts
    819
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Post Order #8573485

    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    1. Do emotions drain your working energy or can you work even though on the inside you may feel down?
    I like emotions. They energize me and make me feel like something other than NOTHING is happening.
    EXXx

    2. Which are you more likely to do:
    A. Plan something and go over the plan before you proceed.
    B. Leap into one thing after another, working on the fly.

    A.
    EXXj

    3. You've already indicated poor time management, does it stress you out when you have to be somewhere at a certain time; do you get anxious and tense?
    Yes. But my time management isn't bad, it's just neurotic. I'm almost always on time.
    +

    4. You already said you're very good with organization. What system or methodology do you follow when proceeding? Do you use methods, work flow, or do you use categorization?
    It totally depends on the situation. When I organize my belongings, I do it on some kind of gut aesthetic basis, arranging things in such a way as to please me the most, sometimes based on size, sometimes on color, chronology, etc.
    +

    5. What activity is your idea of relaxation? Why?
    Zoning out in front of my computer is what I typically do. It's because there are so many activities I can perform that I am able to just blank out and let my mind wander through the virtual landscape.
    +

    If we're talking physical relaxation, then I like any kind of massage, mild or hardcore. Having my muscles touched sends me into a blissful, endorphin fueled trance.
    +

    6. What activity is your idea of "fun"? Why?
    Playing video games/watching movies. It's escapism, I can relax and forget about everything.
    +
    -

    Soon, however, my idea of fun is going to be singing songs that I've written on a stage, in front of people who wish they were me.
    +

    7. What quality or trait do you envy or wish you had? Which ones do you envy in others?
    The ability to always know the most pragmatic action in any given situation, because it seems like something American society values in the extreme, and I really don't care about it or focus on it, but I wish I could somehow bullshit it without straining myself too much.
    +
    -

    I know I get frustrated when I can't focus on something that I find boring.
    +

    8. Do you like to collect information in things like books, about your hobbies and interests? I'm talking about having facts?
    Yep, I need these things to arm myself in arguments and to impress people.
    +

    9. Do you enjoy quotes?
    Not particularly. I have a few favorites, but I use them to remind me of some wise piece of information, I don't use them in a day-to-day basis.
    +

    10. Do you make or follow routines for yourself?
    I tend to unconsciously follow certain repetitive behaviors and routines, but not compulsively. While I like constancy and security, I get bored with too much of it and need excitement, something to push me past my comfort zone.
    +
    +

    11. Do you offer people advice about what they can do and how they can do things?
    Yes, but I have learned to back off and let them make up their own minds instead of cramming new information down their throats.
    Caregiver.
    +
    +

    12. Do you make rules?
    On an as-needed basis, I think so, but I don't go around codifying everything and writing instruction manuals. I think that it's better to let things flow more naturally most of the time.
    -
    -

    13. Are you more likely to see similarities between things or differences?
    Similarities.
    +

    14. Glass half full or half empty?
    Full, and anything that makes me focus on the empty part depresses me, and I have to recharge and refocus my energy into something more positive. Any negative vibes sap me of energy.
    XXXj

    15. Are you likely to give considerate gifts to people?
    Yes.
    +

    16. Are you emotionally expressive (likes to give hugs)?
    No.
    -

    17. Do you find yourself contradicting what you say and do?
    Yeah, but only when it comes to really strict, harsh bullshit. I think I am projecting when I get that way, which explains the underlying hypocrisy. Other than that, I follow my own advice pretty well.
    -

    18. Do you agree with the statement:

    Time is made for discipline.
    You should go to work whenever you feel rested, no alarm is needed; when people go to work whenever they wake up they wouldn't need as much coffee and they would be better rested.

    "Time is made for discipline" is stupid. Time isn't made for anything; it's just energy, movement, relativity, etc. I guess the idea is that we should discipline our usage of time, which I agree with, but only as long as you're not making yourself miserable in the process.

    As to the second part, I agree with the sentiment, but it is impractical for obvious reasons. If people showed up to work whenever they felt like it, very little would ever get done.
    +
    -
    +

    ??? (Processing Information...)

    Results:
    #1. -LSE/ESTj
    #2. -Arnold Schwarzenegger
    #3. -SLI/ISTp

  19. #19
    Haikus Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,740
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    18. Do you agree with the statement:

    Time is made for discipline.
    You should go to work whenever you feel rested, no alarm is needed; when people go to work whenever they wake up they wouldn't need as much coffee and they would be better rested.

    "Time is made for discipline" is stupid. Time isn't made for anything; it's just energy, movement, relativity, etc. I guess the idea is that we should discipline our usage of time, which I agree with, but only as long as you're not making yourself miserable in the process.

    As to the second part, I agree with the sentiment, but it is impractical for obvious reasons. If people showed up to work whenever they felt like it, very little would ever get done.




    why + and not -???

    Squark, yes give the LSI the supervision of time and they will do exact requirements of that. Fi is also about emotions too. And, you didn't factor in Fe role.

    If emotion is received positively through Si than the person can feel energized or feel good about the emotion, but if it's received negatively than the person can be Si ego and reject the emotion.
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 03-05-2011 at 08:59 PM.

  20. #20
    EffyCold The Ineffable's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Wallachia
    TIM
    ILE
    Posts
    2,195
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    He/she is IEI. I'm almost certain of .
    Shock intuition, diamond logic.
     

    The16types.info Scientific Model

  21. #21
    squark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    2,116
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    Would you post your answers so that I can compare them at least?
    okay Maritsa, here you go. compare and contrast to your heart's content:

    1. Do emotions drain your working energy or can you work even though on the inside you may feel down?

    Yeah, I can work regardless of how I feel, and realistically know that if I put myself into doing something I'll very likely feel better.


    2. Which are you more likely to do:
    A. Plan something and go over the plan before you proceed.
    B. Leap into one thing after another, working on the fly.


    Depends. I dislike planning, and prefer an open schedule, but some things obviously require it, and I have no problem following a plan in those instances. I don't do things haphazardly in either case though. I like to get to a stopping point on any one thing before switching to something else.

    3. does it stress you out when you have to be somewhere at a certain time; do you get anxious and tense?

    I'm the anti-procrastinator. I do things as soon as they come up, and get to almost everything early, which tends to leave me with plenty of free time to waste how I want. I do get tense and anxious knowing I have to be somewhere at a certain time especially if I'm running late, because I hate being late.


    4. You already said you're very good with organization. What system or methodology do you follow when proceeding? Do you use methods, work flow, or do you use categorization?

    Well, you know how I organize my closet My organization could just as easily be called categorization, because everything is sorted by type. As an example: Books are arranged on shelves by category and size (based on the size of the shelf) The size thing is totally arbitrary and I wouldn't do it if it wasn't required to make the books fit.

    5. What activity is your idea of relaxation? Why?

    I like walks. It gives me lots of time to think, and quiet to think in, and something to do at the same time. I also read books and read stuff online, watch movies and so on. I also like long drives, for the same reason I like walks, lots of time to just think.

    6. What activity is your idea of "fun"? Why?

    Anything active or exciting. I like to try new things and go places I've never been before. Sometimes I wish I was one of those people who could just go anywhere and blend in with no questions, because it'd make it so much easier to go places I'm not technically supposed to be.

    7. What quality or trait do you envy or wish you had? Which ones do you envy in others?

    None. well, except the blending in thing I mentioned. And it'd be nice to be better with people.

    8. Do you like to collect information in things like books, about your hobbies and interests? I'm talking about having facts?

    No, I don't collect facts. I have reference books though, in case I need to look something up about various things I'm interested in, if that's what you mean.

    9. Do you enjoy quotes?

    If they're good and insightful, yes. I don't have any use for quotes just to quote, and I don't care who it was who said it. If they're meaningful, and impart some wisdom, I like them.

    10. Do you make or follow routines for yourself?

    No. Well, unless it's something like brushing my teeth before I get into bed.

    11. Do you offer people advice about what they can do and how they can do things?

    Not unless they ask, or they're doing something in a really ridiculous way that makes no sense at all.

    12. Do you make rules?

    Not consciously. I don't create explicit Thou Shalts and Thou Shalt Nots. Though I suppose I might in rare circumstances.

    13. Are you more likely to see similarities between things or differences?

    Don't know.

    14. Glass half full or half empty?

    I'm a very optimistic person.

    15. Are you likely to give considerate gifts to people?

    Honestly, no. I might try, but it's not my forte.

    16. Are you emotionally expressive (likes to give hugs)?

    No.

    17. Do you find yourself contradicting what you say and do?

    Rarely.

    18. Do you agree with the statement:

    Time is made for discipline.
    You should go to work whenever you feel rested, no alarm is needed; when people go to work whenever they wake up they wouldn't need as much coffee and they would be better rested.


    No, I don't agree that "time is made for discipline." I don't have to be a disciplined person, because to me, discipline is an act of forcing yourself to do things, and I almost never have something that I need to force myself to do. There are things that I don't like having to do, and do them anyway, but it takes such little effort that it's negligible.

    I have at times been able to set my own schedule for work, and I really prefer when I have that flexible schedule, and I don't have to do anything at a specific time. What I do then, is I wake up with no alarm, do things as they come up, and fit things in wherever they fit. That's the best way to work, and I also feel like I accomplish more that way. But, part of why it works so well for me is that I'm not a procrastinator at all. So, there isn't any time that I have piles of things to do building up, and it's done quickly.

    It definitely would not work for everyone. Time pressures and deadlines work much better for some other people, especially if they like that rush of trying to "beat the clock." I stress a little too much about time to want a too fast-paced time-pressured environment all the time, though I do sometimes like that as well. Just not on a regular basis. On a regular basis, I'd rather set my own pace.
    Last edited by squark; 03-06-2011 at 02:37 PM.

  22. #22
    Haikus Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,740
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by squark View Post

    Depends. I dislike planning, and prefer an open schedule, but some things obviously require it, and I have no problem following a plan in those instances. I don't do things haphazardly in either case though. I like to get to a stopping point on any one thing before switching to something else.
    Great! Thank you. This is one especially that I would like to put under the microscope LOL

    When you say that you would rather do things as they come up you overlook Ne in concentration of Ni/Se...this mystery person does not. Planning requires thought requires consideration before action. Getting to stopping points on things is more related to process thinking which does not counter your type.

    Introverts like doing things to tune out like walking, so that they can get in their heads about things. I believe that my mystery person is extravert because of how they deal with the issue of relaxing. Where was it that said their idea of relaxing was to watch something than they resume to work?

    "ESTjs have a tremendous ability to work. If necessary, they can work for many hours a day, seven days a week without proper rest. Their understanding of relaxation is to lie down on the sofa watching television for a few hours and then they are ready to work again. ESTjs can not stay without work for long. They like to work and as a result they always keep themselves occupied. ESTjs often display the qualities of a good organiser. "

    LOL
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 03-06-2011 at 04:53 AM.

  23. #23
    Coldest of the Socion EyeSeeCold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Holy Temple of St. Augusta
    Posts
    3,693
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Man, I envy you Statics, especially Egos.


     
    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    1. Do emotions drain your working energy or can you work even though on the inside you may feel down?
    I like emotions. They energize me and make me feel like something other than NOTHING is happening.
    Seems like +Fe. NOT ExTj, I assume.

    2. Which are you more likely to do:
    A. Plan something and go over the plan before you proceed.
    B. Leap into one thing after another, working on the fly.

    A.
    Inconclusive.

    3. You've already indicated poor time management, does it stress you out when you have to be somewhere at a certain time; do you get anxious and tense?
    Yes. But my time management isn't bad, it's just neurotic. I'm almost always on time.
    NOT INTp, I assume.

    4. You already said you're very good with organization. What system or methodology do you follow when proceeding? Do you use methods, work flow, or do you use categorization?
    It totally depends on the situation. When I organize my belongings, I do it on some kind of gut aesthetic basis, arranging things in such a way as to please me the most, sometimes based on size, sometimes on color, chronology, etc.
    -?

    5. What activity is your idea of relaxation? Why?
    Zoning out in front of my computer is what I typically do. It's because there are so many activities I can perform that I am able to just blank out and let my mind wander through the virtual landscape.

    If we're talking physical relaxation, then I like any kind of massage, mild or hardcore. Having my muscles touched sends me into a blissful, endorphin fueled trance.
    Si>Se.

    6. What activity is your idea of "fun"? Why?
    Playing video games/watching movies. It's escapism, I can relax and forget about everything.

    Soon, however, my idea of fun is going to be singing songs that I've written on a stage, in front of people who wish they were me.
    NOT IxTp, I assume.

    7. What quality or trait do you envy or wish you had? Which ones do you envy in others?
    The ability to always know the most pragmatic action in any given situation, because it seems like something American society values in the extreme, and I really don't care about it or focus on it, but I wish I could somehow bullshit it without straining myself too much.

    I know I get frustrated when I can't focus on something that I find boring.
    NOT ExTp, I assume.


    8. Do you like to collect information in things like books, about your hobbies and interests? I'm talking about having facts?
    Yep, I need these things to arm myself in arguments and to impress people.
    NOT IxTj, I assume. Possibly NOT IxTp.


    9. Do you enjoy quotes?
    Not particularly. I have a few favorites, but I use them to remind me of some wise piece of information, I don't use them in a day-to-day basis.
    Inconclusive.

    10. Do you make or follow routines for yourself?
    I tend to unconsciously follow certain repetitive behaviors and routines, but not compulsively. While I like constancy and security, I get bored with too much of it and need excitement, something to push me past my comfort zone.
    NOT ExxP, I assume.

    11. Do you offer people advice about what they can do and how they can do things?
    Yes, but I have learned to back off and let them make up their own minds instead of cramming new information down their throats.
    Inconclusive.

    12. Do you make rules?
    On an as-needed basis, I think so, but I don't go around codifying everything and writing instruction manuals. I think that it's better to let things flow more naturally most of the time.
    Inconclusive.

    13. Are you more likely to see similarities between things or differences?
    Similarities.
    Inconclusive.

    14. Glass half full or half empty?
    Full, and anything that makes me focus on the empty part depresses me, and I have to recharge and refocus my energy into something more positive. Any negative vibes sap me of energy.
    NOT INTp. (lol)

    15. Are you likely to give considerate gifts to people?
    Yes.
    -Fe/+Fi? Alpha/Delta?

    16. Are you emotionally expressive (likes to give hugs)?
    No.
    NOT Alpha SF, NOT ENFp, I assume.

    17. Do you find yourself contradicting what you say and do?
    Yeah, but only when it comes to really strict, harsh bullshit. I think I am projecting when I get that way, which explains the underlying hypocrisy. Other than that, I follow my own advice pretty well.
    Inconclusive.

    18. Do you agree with the statement:

    Time is made for discipline.
    You should go to work whenever you feel rested, no alarm is needed; when people go to work whenever they wake up they wouldn't need as much coffee and they would be better rested.

    "Time is made for discipline" is stupid. Time isn't made for anything; it's just energy, movement, relativity, etc. I guess the idea is that we should discipline our usage of time, which I agree with, but only as long as you're not making yourself miserable in the process.

    As to the second part, I agree with the sentiment, but it is impractical for obvious reasons. If people showed up to work whenever they felt like it, very little would ever get done.
    Conscious Logic, I assume.



    I was left with:
    INFP ISFJ INFJ

    I wouldn't trust it, I couldn't use my intuition to its full extent.
    (i)NTFS

    An ILI at rest tends to remain at rest
    and an ILI in motion is probably not an ILI

    31.9FM KICE Radio ♫ *56K Warning*
    My work on Inert/Contact subtypes

    Socionics Visual Identification(V.I.) Database
    Socionics Tests Database
    Comprehensive List of Socionics Sites


    Fidei Defensor

  24. #24
    Haikus Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,740
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EyeSeeCold View Post
    Man, I envy you Statics, especially Egos.



    I wouldn't trust it, I couldn't use my intuition to its full extent.
    LOL me too..especially the lovely NeTis

  25. #25
    crazedrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    moon
    Posts
    4,885
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    SEEMS LIKE ESTJ TO ME! LOL

  26. #26
    Haikus Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,740
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by crazedratsghost View Post
    SEEMS LIKE ESTJ TO ME! LOL
    WOW you're really good at this

  27. #27
    Airman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1,556
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    You people should start some sort of socionics cult, buy a farm somewhere in the USA.

  28. #28
    crazedrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    moon
    Posts
    4,885
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    you bring the cocaine!

  29. #29
    Haikus Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,740
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by squark View Post
    1. Do emotions drain your working energy or can you work even though on the inside you may feel down?

    Yeah, I can work regardless of how I feel, and realistically know that if I put myself into doing something I'll very likely feel better.
    Fe+


    Quote Originally Posted by squark View Post
    2. Which are you more likely to do:
    A. Plan something and go over the plan before you proceed.
    B. Leap into one thing after another, working on the fly.


    Depends. I dislike planning, and prefer an open schedule, but some things obviously require it, and I have no problem following a plan in those instances. I don't do things haphazardly in either case though. I like to get to a stopping point on any one thing before switching to something else.
    Ij temp

    Quote Originally Posted by squark;746793 [B
    3. does it stress you out when you have to be somewhere at a certain time; do you get anxious and tense?[/B]

    I'm the anti-procrastinator. I do things as soon as they come up, and get to almost everything early, which tends to leave me with plenty of free time to waste how I want. I do get tense and anxious knowing I have to be somewhere at a certain time especially if I'm running late, because I hate being late.
    Declarer-much of what a declarer says seems more statement-like, even questions
    +

    +

    Quote Originally Posted by squark;746793 [B
    4. You already said you're very good with organization. What system or methodology do you follow when proceeding? Do you use methods, work flow, or do you use categorization?[/B]

    Well, you know how I organize my closet My organization could just as easily be called categorization, because everything is sorted by type. As an example: Books are arranged on shelves by category and size (based on the size of the shelf) The size thing is totally arbitrary and I wouldn't do it if it wasn't required to make the books fit.
    Merry type

    +

    You have to be really dumb out of it to see that there's no Si in here nor is there a reference to Te.


    Totally arbitrary as opposed to intentional are two different things, you would agree.

    Quote Originally Posted by squark;746793 [B
    5. What activity is your idea of relaxation? Why?[/B]

    I like walks. It gives me lots of time to think, and quiet to think in, and something to do at the same time. I also read books and read stuff online, watch movies and so on. I also like long drives, for the same reason I like walks, lots of time to just think.
    Introvert no references were made as to what was observed would indicate Extraversion, but there is NONE. So, I assume you're in your head most of the time on these drives and even miss a lot of what's going on around you.



    Quote Originally Posted by squark;746793 [B
    6. What activity is your idea of "fun"? Why?[/B]

    Anything active or exciting. I like to try new things and go places I've never been before. Sometimes I wish I was one of those people who could just go anywhere and blend in with no questions, because it'd make it so much easier to go places I'm not technically supposed to be.
    +
    + -excitement, enthrallment.
    Emotive -likes to go to new places do new things.


    Quote Originally Posted by squark;746793 [B
    7. What quality or trait do you envy or wish you had? Which ones do you envy in others?[/B]

    None. well, except the blending in thing I mentioned. And it'd be nice to be better with people.

    Farsighted-The search for the solution is explicit in the answer.
    I don't see how you're not better with people being one of the very mature ISTj's I've ever ever met because you're open to answering questions and don't see it as a waste of your time; even when you do see it as a waste you are still very open to participation.

    Quote Originally Posted by squark;746793 [B
    8. Do you like to collect information in things like books, about your hobbies and interests? I'm talking about having facts?

    No, I don't collect facts. I have reference books though, in case I need to look something up about various things I'm interested in, if that's what you mean.
    -

    Quote Originally Posted by squark View Post
    9. Do you enjoy quotes?

    If they're good and insightful, yes. I don't have any use for quotes just to quote, and I don't care who it was who said it. If they're meaningful, and impart some wisdom, I like them.
    Declaring again
    +

    Quote Originally Posted by squark View Post
    10. Do you make or follow routines for yourself?

    No. Well, unless it's something like brushing my teeth before I get into bed.
    -
    Brushing teeth doesn't count


    Quote Originally Posted by squark View Post
    11. Do you offer people advice about what they can do and how they can do things?

    Not unless they ask, or they're doing something in a really ridiculous way that makes no sense at all.
    -

    Quote Originally Posted by squark View Post
    12. Do you make rules?

    Not consciously. I don't create explicit Thou Shalts and Thou Shalt Nots. Though I suppose I might in rare circumstances.
    +

    Quote Originally Posted by squark View Post
    13. Are you more likely to see similarities between things or differences?

    Don't know.

    To see what things match or don't in comparing two documents, as an example, you need to cross out the things that don't match (I learned this from my LSI boss) and than look at the final product to see what remains.

    Quote Originally Posted by squark View Post
    14. Glass half full or half empty?

    I'm a very optimistic person.

    Quote Originally Posted by squark View Post
    15. Are you likely to give considerate gifts to people?

    Honestly, no. I might try, but it's not my forte.
    -

    Quote Originally Posted by squark View Post
    16. Are you emotionally expressive (likes to give hugs)?

    No.
    HuH? my brother in law is LSI and doesn't turn down one when I walk in the door and put my arms out. He calls me "hotty" than hugs me.

    Quote Originally Posted by squark View Post
    17. Do you find yourself contradicting what you say and do?

    Rarely.
    True...that's because of +

    Quote Originally Posted by squark View Post
    18. Do you agree with the statement:

    Time is made for discipline.
    You should go to work whenever you feel rested, no alarm is needed; when people go to work whenever they wake up they wouldn't need as much coffee and they would be better rested.


    No, I don't agree that "time is made for discipline." I don't have to be a disciplined person, because to me, discipline is an act of forcing yourself to do things, and I almost never have something that I need to force myself to do.
    +

    Quote Originally Posted by squark View Post
    There are things that I don't like having to do, and do them anyway, but it takes such little effort that it's negligible.

    Declaring

    Quote Originally Posted by squark View Post
    I have at times been able to set my own schedule for work, and I really prefer when I have that flexible schedule, and I don't have to do anything at a specific time. What I do then, is I wake up with no alarm, do things as they come up, and fit things in wherever they fit. That's the best way to work, and I also feel like I accomplish more that way. But, part of why it works so well for me is that I'm not a procrastinator at all. So, there isn't any time that I have piles of things to do building up, and it's done quickly.
    +
    -

    Quote Originally Posted by squark View Post
    It definitely would not work for everyone. Time pressures and deadlines work much better for some other people, especially if they like that rush of trying to "beat the clock." I stress a little too much about time to want a too fast-paced time-pressured environment all the time, though I do sometimes like that as well. Just not on a regular basis. On a regular basis, I'd rather set my own pace.
    +

    +

    --------
    Quote Originally Posted by squark View Post

    As for the other person

    1 - NTR, needs more context
    2 - this actually may be related to a dichotomy, but it's not coming to me which one atm
    3 - Neurotic time-management suggests weak Ni/Ne
    4 - "gut aesthetic basis" indicates Si
    5 - mostly NTR, no good arguments any direction
    6 - easy to say Si or even Ni for relaxed non-doing/non-thinking escapism, but realistically NTR
    7 - difficulty knowing most practical action for a situation - weak Ni
    8 - lol. uhh, just lol
    9 - NTR
    10 - NTR
    11 - some TeSi sorts of tendencies, but could also just be know-it-all tendencies
    12 - NTR (who goes around making rulebooks lol?)
    13, 14 - meaningless
    15 - thoughtful
    16 - not a fag, ha, jk
    17 - NTR
    18 - NTR
    (static) perceives outward sensory data projected by objects. Unless objects change their appearance significantly, the impression will not change.

    Squark, this above part represents your impression and how it's changed with the comparison of you now visually seeing the comparison between you and mystery person. On my part, it took a lot of asking and energy in order to show or convince that the change should take place, that you should consider the information that I'm asking you to consider. This it created a lot of inefficiency and this is why LSI and EII sometimes have uneasy relations. We, in essence try to change and you are hard to change by the perception of Se. I'm glad we got somewhere with this.

    Same thing happens with Mariella probably because of Se role, that unless the object changes drastically the difference is not noticed.

  30. #30
    EffyCold The Ineffable's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Wallachia
    TIM
    ILE
    Posts
    2,195
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Okay Maritsa, shut up and tell us who's this mystery person . Is it someone on this forum?
    Shock intuition, diamond logic.
     

    The16types.info Scientific Model

  31. #31
    Haikus Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,740
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bolt View Post
    Okay Maritsa, shut up and tell us who's this mystery person . Is it someone on this forum?
    What do you type my mystery person?

  32. #32
    squark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    2,116
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    HuH? my brother in law is LSI and doesn't turn down one when I walk in the door and put my arms out.
    I didn't say I turn down hugs. I don't. I just don't go around being emotional and offering hugs to people.

    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa
    I don't see how you're not better with people being one of the very mature ISTj's I've ever ever met because you're open to answering questions and don't see it as a waste of your time; even when you do see it as a waste you are still very open to participation.
    oh, I meant things like keeping conversations going, and being able to be more talkative and open with people. If I'm expected to lead a conversation, then there's a lot of silence.

  33. #33
    Haikus Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,740
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by squark View Post
    I didn't say I turn down hugs. I don't. I just don't go around being emotional and offering hugs to people.



    oh, I meant things like keeping conversations going, and being able to be more talkative and open with people. If I'm expected to lead a conversation, then there's a lot of silence.
    gotcha.

    Extraverts are good at leading.

  34. #34
    squark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    2,116
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    Squark, this above part represents your impression and how it's changed with the comparison of you now visually seeing the comparison between you and mystery person. On my part, it took a lot of asking and energy in order to show or convince that the change should take place, that you should consider the information that I'm asking you to consider. This it created a lot of inefficiency and this is why LSI and EII sometimes have uneasy relations. We, in essence try to change and you are hard to change by the perception of Se. I'm glad we got somewhere with this.

    Same thing happens with Mariella probably because of Se role, that unless the object changes drastically the difference is not noticed.

    Actually, I made that list before I wrote my responses to your questions. I removed it later because I don't think typing that way is a good idea as I already said. It can easily become a series of justifications for whatever you want to prove, and I decided not to further encourage that.

  35. #35
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2005
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Posts
    11,586
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Slacker View Post
    Is this discojoe?
    Yes.

  36. #36
    Haikus Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,740
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by squark View Post
    Actually, I made that list before I wrote my responses to your questions. I removed it later because I don't think typing that way is a good idea as I already said. It can easily become a series of justifications for whatever you want to prove, and I decided not to further encourage that.
    I mean in general between me saying something and proving it, I have to show it in the Se sense and what I'm saying is that that really frustrates me with Se types.

  37. #37
    EffyCold The Ineffable's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Wallachia
    TIM
    ILE
    Posts
    2,195
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    What do you type my mystery person?
    I did type him/her IEI already .
    Shock intuition, diamond logic.
     

    The16types.info Scientific Model

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •