Thread: The Real Intertype Relation Chart! (READ ME)

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Default The *Real* Intertype Relation Chart! (READ ME)

This is why soconics is fascinating to me:

The best types for you are not necessarily those in your own quadra, but if ip-ep/ij-ej energy lines up. That is the most important thing.

One of those is in your own quadra. Your dual. But the others are in a different quadra. For example the four best types for me on an intimate level are:

ESTp. ESFp. ENTp. ENFp.
    (In that order)

THAT'S WHY DOLPHIN AND I GET ALONG SO WELL AND FEEL SO ENERGIZED BY EACH OTHER. SHE'S JUST ONE TYPE AWAY FROM BEING MY DUAL. AND SHE ISN'T EVEN IN MY QUADRA! IT'S AMAZING. Most people have that as Identical, but they are actually wrong. Clearly, we get along better than I do with Starfall, Silverchris, Nick, Rat, Glam and all the other IEIs on the forum. Why is that? Is it because our types are somehow wrong? NO. It's because this is the real way intertype relationships work!

One of those types is in my quadra, Beta. The other one is in Gamma. One is in alpha and the other is in friggin DELTA. That's right. The fourth best type for me is in FUCKING DELTA. That's why I really enjoy Galen's posts, and Slacker Moms and the ENFps on the forum. We actually get along better than I get along with my IDENTICAL. It's TRUE!!! It's also why Golden is probably an ENFp who thinks she's an INFp.

The 2nd best types are the equal IP energy types.

INFp. ISFp. INTp. ISTp.

5th best type for me is another INFp, then ISFp, then INTp and then ISTp comes in 8th place. Notice how before, a gamma was in 2nd place but now an alpha is in 2nd place. Delta is still last, because it's conflicting quadra.

Now we have the IP-IJ energy....

ISTj. INTj. ISFj. INFj.

In 9th place is ISTj. That's how me and Discojoe interact, even though we are in the same quadra. All in all it's just really average, stuck in the middle.

Now 10th is INTj. 11th is ISFj and 12th you have INFj. Now this is where I start getting into shitty power struggles with people, like the fight I got with Subt. Even though an ENFp is my 4th best intertype relationship!!!

And finally, the IP-EJ energy. The shittiest of the shittiest on an intimate level:

ENFj. ESFj. ENTj. ESTj

In 13th place is ENFj. That's right folks, your MIRROR is one of the worst types for you in a pure, intimate way. In 14th place ESFj. In 15 place ENTj, in 16th place ESTj.

Even though some of those relationships are asymmetrical, it doesn't matter, because eventually if the love/affection isn't returned/requited, you're going to feel the same way about people that they feel about you. Or it's going to be confusing. Either way, relationships have to be equal so the supervisor/supervisee asymmetrical thing isn't really as potent as people make it out to be.

I know people are bound to argue/disagree fight with me here, but I swear it's true. This is the real energy exchange you have with people. I actually have more of a likeable energy with Galen then I do with all the other INFps on this forum. Other INFps aren't exactly a shitty type, they are the 5th best type for me, but somebody in the Delta quadra beats them by one point!

This is why socionics is fascinating and why your relationships with others are so complicated and can't be pretty bowed. But it's all true and it makes sense.

I know the socionics.com site lists Identity as the 2nd best, then like activity as 3rd best and mirror as 4th but it's actually wrong.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

The Real Chart:

1. Duality
    2. Semi-Duality
    3. Illusionary
    4. Contrary
    5. Identical
    6. Look-a-like
    7. Comparative
    8. Super-Ego

9. Activity
    10. Beneficiary
    11. Benefactor
    12. Quasi-Identical
    13. Mirror
    14. Supervisee
    15. Supervisor
    16. Conflictor

dunno bout the rest but i'm convinced.the caps and bolded part really help us Se egos.
    anyway,till now my best online friends are an IEI and an ILI (both males).
    Last edited by Kalinoche buenanoche; 03-04-2011 at 10:51 PM.

not gonna be around as much anymore
    TIM
    C-IEE
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd have to type more people and observe my interactions with them to be more sure, but what you propose seems to make some sense...

Anyway, I'm ready to accept it because it puts me and my ILI husband in Slot #3...

My in-laws are Activators, and they really struggled for a while in their marriage, despite being inner-quadra. So, there may be some truth here.
    My life's work (haha):
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin/blog.php?b=709
    Input, PLEASEAnd thank you

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Also remember that socionics is about society, and what works the best for society objectively. You have to think of quadras in that way, not in a romantic sense.

The intertype relationships is what works best romantically, who you simply have the best personal/intimate energy exchange with.

The quadra relationships are meant to be studied in a business sense as a whole, not a romantic sense. Only by picking the types apart individually can you begin to understand that.

So therefore, an ENFj and INFp is still very good for matters of working on some sort of project together. It just isn't a very good dating match. They still are going to share a lot of the same worldviews. And a beta quartet all together is still going to be very positive. But objectively positive, not so much subjectively positive, since the dual pairs will just want to go off with each other and talk about their innermost fag feelings. Or do whatever the duals do.

My list above, accurately explains the success you have romantically with people.

In short: Quadras are devised by society, not by anything interpersonal.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

For example, I'd love to start a fashion store with Chris Crocker (whom I'm 97% certain is an ENFj), but I would never date that ****** in a million years. It's not cuz he's flamer, it's cause his crazy Ej temperament clashes with my IP-ness.

Yeah Activity is really just something that's blah in-the-middle-like. The 4th best relationship, over semi-duality? Yeah, right. That site doesn't know what it's talking about.

I'm so confident in this I wish they'd put my post on the official socionics site or something. lol
    Last edited by Hot Scalding Gayser; 03-04-2011 at 11:12 PM.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i agree strongly that Rational/Irrational is an important determiner in intertype compatibility of which the effect is possibly underestimated by most people. You may even be right that the effect is as extreme as you claim.

my experiences with activities have been a little disappointing, for example, and there are times when even my interaction with types like ISTj resembles duality in important respects (according to my Taciturn/Narrator cycle theory*, this is because the ISTjs' narrative S dualizes INTjs' taciturn N).

* the idea may sound highly unintuitive to most people, but it is based on a claim originally made by Victor Gulenko. It is a simple reframing of his ideas of how values for +/- aspects of functions are distributed across quadras.

Mentioned
    Post(s)
    Tagged
    Thread(s)

Nice, thanks for the insight.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Actually, B&D, benefit relations are so warm and comfortable that they seem ideal relations...humm, with you now being ESTj and Dolphin ESFp, and you guys being Benefit relations, that could actually explain a whole lot more than what you just wrote.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by labcoat View Post
    i agree strongly that Rational/Irrational is an important determiner in intertype compatibility of which the effect is possibly underestimated by most people. You may even be right that the effect is as extreme as you claim.
    I think I agree with this. A couple of my best friends are ENFp and ENTp. I guess that's not romantic but it's also not a "work" relationship either.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

lol maritsa.

It's funny how when you change types you can fanwank anything to make sense.

But I love being an ESTj so I'm going to be one for awhile. And yes what you said about her being my benefactor makes sense haha.

Hey martisa I just noticed something. Like most duals we seem to really ignore each other for a long time at first, but as we get to know each other we want to be around each other more. What do you think of that? We seem to have a classical dual relationship. =D

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BulletsAndDoves View Post
    lol maritsa.

It's funny how when you change types you can fanwank anything to make sense.

But I love being an ESTj so I'm going to be one for awhile. And yes what you said about her being my benefactor makes sense haha.

Hey martisa I just noticed something. Like most duals we seem to really ignore each other for a long time at first, but as we get to know each other we want to be around each other more. What do you think of that? We seem to have a classical dual relationship. =D
    We'll have to live with each other and work with each other to really know how it will work. For starters, how organized are you?
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Well I'm pretty neat and organized. My room is just a tad messy right now, but all in all I am a very neat and tidy person. I love making lists and organizing things. Messes bother me.

(Okay I'm actually being serious now)

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Well I'm pretty neat and organized. My room is just a tad messy right now, but all in all I am a very neat and tidy person. I love making lists and organizing things. Messes bother me.

(Okay I'm actually being serious now)
    Than my dear, I hardly think you're IEI. (I'm very serious now).

How do you organize your shirts?
    -

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Hmm I don't. They are just folded up neatly in my closet.

TIM
    ILE/ENTp
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Extra, extra! Read all about it!

My best relationship so far has been with an IEI/INFp.

My co-worker who I get along with very well is an IEI/INFp, one of my very good friends is also an IEI/INFp.

Damn emos, kill them.

Kill them all!

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Hmm I don't. They are just folded up neatly in my closet.
    Ok, if you were LSE, you'd say something like they match according to color, size, style, shape, etc. They are very detailed and obsessive about things like this...I know, I lived with my dual cousin. Highly meticulous organization is the key.
    -

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Noooo but I still want to be your dual. Please Maritsa. =( I swear I'm estj it's all coming back to me now!

I'm always criticizing people with how accurate/useful their information is. And I'm put off by Ashton's Ni. It's his Ni that bothers me, not really his Te.

And I've conflicted with strrrng (Nick) before!

(lol this game is fun. I'm like half-serious, half-joking.)

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Noooo but I still want to be your dual. Please Maritsa. =( I swear I'm estj it's all coming back to me now!

I'm always criticizing people with how accurate/useful their information is. And I'm put off by Ashton's Ni. It's his Ni that bothers me, not really his Te.

And I've conflicted with strrrng (Nick) before!

(lol this game is fun. I'm like half-serious, half-joking.)
    Wanna be an Si ESTj ????

You can still be my "dual" but just more pleasure added.
    -

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Yeah I'd DEFINITELY be a Si subtype ESTj and not a Te subtype. You know?

It really is making sense. I really love Fi-egos and their humanitarianism and their sense of romance and how they want to hook me up with the right person. And how they don't bully or try to get under people's skin just because it's 'easy' to do so.

Mentioned
    Post(s)
    Tagged
    Thread(s)

Is the current conversation serious?

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

lol. Somewhat.

I really am energized/tickled by me being an ESTj. I also love the notion of how nobody really thinks a homosexual can be anything other than an NF type. That I can be an EST type and be gay, I think it's going to drive people batty because of how non-stereotypical it is, so I'm going to go with it.

Fuck Ni!!! I don't like psychoanalytical criticisms of other people. I just like real love and connection!

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

lol. Somewhat.

I really am energized/tickled by me being an ESTj. I also love the notion of how nobody really thinks a homosexual can be anything other than an NF type. That I can be an EST type and be gay, I think it's going to drive people batty because of how non-stereotypical it is, so I'm going to go with it.

Fuck Ni!!! I don't like psychoanalytical criticisms of other people. I just like real love and connection!
    Actually there are ESTj duals who are gay, example:

Lance Bass:

And here's a shot of his J type head

-

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

lol martisa I like you a lot. I always have. <3

And hmm about lance bass. That makes sense!

Mentioned
    Post(s)
    Tagged
    Thread(s)

lol. Somewhat.

It's just... I find it interesting that you went from IEI to IEI's conflictor... even more so, it appeared to have come out of nowhere...

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I'm surprised/shocked myself. But it makes a lot of sense. No wonder I was so unhappy, my identity was completely backwards!

Mentioned
    Post(s)
    Tagged
    Thread(s)

Hm... very well, carry on then. I shall lurk here to discover what happens next.

Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I get along well with some of my Identicals... and some others, not so well. Why is that? It's because they have different personalities, and even different energy levels. It's because their personalities are complementary to my own, or they have similar values to my own.

Why does everything and anything has to be related to Socionics' inter-type relations? Some people's personalities are just complementary or harmonius to each other, for whatever the reason. Why do people become friends, why do people fall in love... because they are complementary for non-Socionics related reasons.

Mentioned
    Post(s)
    Tagged
    Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Singularity View Post
    I get along well with some of my Identicals... and some others, not so well. Why is that? It's because they have different personalities, and even different energy levels. It's because their personalities are complementary to my own, or they have similar values to my own.

Why does everything and anything has to be related to Socionics' inter-type relations? Some people's personalities are just complementary or harmonius to each other, for whatever the reason. Why do people become friends, why do people fall in love... because they are complementary for non-Socionics related reasons.
    Seems as though you are actually describing intra-type differences. haha. Maybe some non-Socionics related aspects mixed in, though.

Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, you're just to get along with some people, and you don't with some others.

I think that this whole "Everything is related to Socionics because Socioinics is 100% accurate and it has no flaws" thing is bs. Socionics doesn't cover the whole spectrum of human interactions, because it's not such an all-encompassing system. It's not as if Socionics is some sort of a hyper-objective, empirically verified and validated scientific system that can predict human relations and interactions with 100% accuracy.

Mentioned
    Post(s)
    Tagged
    Thread(s)

You're right, Socionics has not been empirically verified, or scientifically studied. I really would like for it to be, though.

I think the main thing about Socionics is that it is simply theoretical, speculatory. Maybe it got some things right, but I see it more as a springboard or an exoskeleton than a full product. But everything about the theory is theoretical. It relies on certain axioms just as every other system does, and it does not even account for environmental influence.

I tend to think of Socionics as, though not being 100% accurate, a step in the right direction and therefore worth studying. That is my current take on it.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In short: Quadras are devised by society, not by anything interpersonal.
    Hmm I agree that people tend to get along better with all of the same rationality than their quadra members of the other. Though, that's not the point of the quadras, "getting along well", "having fun" is not the point, that's not compatibility. It's all about information, and I believe that someone who's exposed to information of different quadras than his/hers, he'll get alienated, while in the same quadra he won't (as the theory states, actually). Just try to get isolated among (real) Delta Irrationals, than you would actually know what zombie is; you would loose your personality, identity, you'd be a fake, a walking carcass, methink.

This "he's in my quadra cause we're getting along well" is anyway one of the greatest (stupid, too) mistakes people do on this forum, it's not even worth adding it to the calculus. Besides, real-life and forum interactions are a very complex web of connections, it's not that easy to isolate the nature of each in particular.

This inconsistency is not because of the Socionics theory, but because of its misinterpretation. You're undermining a well-researched hypothesis based on some amateurish interpretations, even some mistypings, IMO.
    Shock intuition, diamond logic.

The16types.info Scientific Model

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I think there is truth to this, as Victor Gulenko himself described these relations as follows:

IP and EP, IJ and EJ= balance
    EP and EJ, IP and IJ= accelaration
    EJ and EJ, IP and IP...etc= monotony
    EP and IJ, EJ and IP= slowdown