Hybrid View

TIM
    ILE/ENTp
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Healthy/Unhealthy Types

Kinda like the way Enneagram does it (e.g. Seven), the "uncovered" profiles of each Socionics type, and the HA, what do you think the differences are between a healthy and an unhealthy type?

For example, combining all of the above, IMO:

ESE/ESFj "The Enthusiast" aka Victor Hugo:

Healthy Level
    Level 1 (At their best): Emotional energy is more happy go-lucky, considerate, and selfless. Enthusiasm is more vibrant. Stable and confident understanding about him/herself and the world. Bursts of anger less likely. Wants to be perfect. Geared towards acts of peace. "The Life of the Party."

Average Level
    Level 2: Energy swings towards extremes, enthusiasm is more calm with highs and lows. Prone to doubt his or her reasoning every now and then. Unsure in non-ethical matters. Fluctuating interests levels.

Unhealthy Level:
    Level 3 (At their worst): Emotional energy is forceful, tactless, and selfish, enthusiasm is replaced by apathy and carelessness. Chaotic and unsure understanding about him/herself and the world. Bursts of anger more likely. Needs to be perfect. More likely to resort to violence. "The Party Pooper."

Feel free to make your own from your experience.
    Last edited by Timeless; 03-03-2011 at 05:10 AM.

TIM
    ENFj-fe
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Timeless View Post
    Kinda like the way Enneagram does it (e.g. Seven), the "uncovered" profiles of each Socionics type, and the HA, what do you think the differences are between a healthy and an unhealthy type?

For example, combining all of the above, IMO:

ESE/ESFj "The Enthusiast" aka Victor Hugo:

Healthy Level
    Level 1 (At their best): Emotional energy is more happy go-lucky, considerate, and selfless. Enthusiasm is more vibrant. Stable and confident understanding about him/herself and the world. Bursts of anger less likely. Wants to be perfect. Geared towards acts of peace. "The Life of the Party."

Average Level
    Level 2: Energy swings towards extremes, enthusiasm is more calm with highs and lows. Prone to doubt his or her reasoning every now and then. Unsure in non-ethical matters. Fluctuating interests levels.

Unhealthy Level:
    Level 3 (At their worst): Emotional energy is forceful, tactless, and selfish, enthusiasm is replaced by apathy and carelessness. Chaotic and unsure understanding about him/herself and the world. Bursts of anger more likely. Needs to be perfect. Prone to acts of violence. "The Party Pooper."

Feel free to make your own from your experience.
    Hah, I don't think I've ever known an ESFj prone to acts of violence.
    EIE tritype 5w4, 4w5, 9w1

As far as we can discern, the sole purpose of human existence is to kindle a light in the darkness of mere being.
    Carl Jung, "Memories, Dreams, Reflections", 1962

TIM
    ILE/ENTp
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Morcheeba View Post
    Hah, I don't think I've ever known an ESFj prone to acts of violence.
    I've known a few and ironically they were that way before I got to know them.

TIM
    ENFj-fe
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Timeless View Post
    I've known a few and ironically they were that way before I got to know them.
    Idk, I visit an ESFj who lives next door to me, she lets me use her piano, and she is the sweetest person I know; it's kind of sickening actually. Her husband recently divorced her, so she is under a lot of stress right now, very depressed, but I couldn't imagine her being violent whatsoever. Of course, she is really old, so that could explain it.
    EIE tritype 5w4, 4w5, 9w1

As far as we can discern, the sole purpose of human existence is to kindle a light in the darkness of mere being.
    Carl Jung, "Memories, Dreams, Reflections", 1962

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

IEI

Healthy Level: Involved heavily in social activist causes, not afraid to approach others, connects with others socially, artistic. 'Lives fully', understands objectivity. Lightens up. Highly clever, creative, and entertaining. 'The life of the party' in their own way. Isn't selfish with their pain, understands that most people have felt whatever it is they are feeling. Very confident in confronting others if they are bullying/mistreating others.

Average Level: More mentally stable and non-hypocritical than unhealthy IEIs, but unlike healthy IEIs, are more selfish/victimy with their pain. Still plays the victim and acts like whatever they're feeling/going through, nobody could understand or relate to them, so shuts off others too much. Takes small but important risks in their lives, lives in the real world more than unhealthy IEI. Reaches out to others, but also keeps them at an arms length. Safe, but too safe at times.

Unhealthy Level: Collapses in on themselves. Loses themselves in an addiction of some sort. Way too subjective, sucks in everything in their own ego and just sulks/broods with it. Self-destructive, narcissistic, with surprisingly violent tendencies. Lives way too much in their heads. Attracts thugs, bullies, and unhealthy sociopathic estps to bother them, while everybody else leaves them alone as they fall down a black hole of nothing.

TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default x

ILI

Healthy: insults you
    Unhealthy: imagines himself insulting you
    ILE "Searcher"
    Socionics: ENTp
    DCNH: Dominant --> perhaps Normalizing
    Enneagram: 7w6 "Enthusiast"
    MBTI: ENTJ "Field Marshall" or ENTP "Inventor"
    Astrological sign: Aquarius

To learn, read. To know, write. To master, teach.

not gonna be around as much anymore
    TIM
    C-IEE
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My attempt:

IEE

healthy: feels free to explore new things/experiences; has a few stable friendships/relationships and enjoys these relationships; is at ease in a less-than-tidy room/home, but still gives some focus to maintaining a pleasant external environment; laughs freely and knows how to relax; does what is necessary to take care of her own health, not afraid to seek help in this area.

average: suppresses desire for new experiences, putting more focus on her responsibilities and obligations; stable relationships can begin to grow strained as the IEE begins to feel like maybe too much of herself is being put into other people; feels a pull to be tidier and more "together," and tries to ignore her disappointment when her efforts fail yet again; physical self-care is sporadic and unpredictable: one day well-groomed, well-nourished, and cheerful; the next disheveled and grumpy.

unhealthy: feels "stuck in a rut," unmotivated to change bad habits; lacks a stable relationship, instead flitting from one social group/relationship to another; uptight when it comes to organization, can get really stressed when small things are out of place; will probably also look unhealthy physically, due to lack of attention to physical needs.
    My life's work (haha):
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin/blog.php?b=709
    Input, PLEASEAnd thank you

not gonna be around as much anymore
    TIM
    C-IEE
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ILI

healthy: Can realistically assign blame where blame is due, and gives himself credit for the things he does right; cares about his close friends and family and includes them in his inner world; responds amicably to demands that he focus on reality, while still finding the freedom each day to escape into his head; is cabable of getting himself going in the morning and taking care of his immediate physical needs.

average: Sometimes has trouble accepting his own human nature and expects himself to be more insightful and less prone to mistakes than the average human; has a few stable friendships/relationships, but often seems to put more focus and importance on his own inner world, which he does not always feel free to share with those he loves; often unaware of his external environment, requires occasional "shaking" to get him to re-focus on the task at hand; may have trouble getting started in the morning, and might neglect simple daily responsibilities.

unhealthy: Everything is his fault; feels the weight of the world on his shoulders and broods over where the world is headed (and it's not headed anywhere good, of course); is so obsessed with his thoughts for the future that he completely forgets to look at today; fails entirely to take care of his physical health and hygeine, or else goes to the opposite extreme and becomes a germophobe.
    My life's work (haha):
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin/blog.php?b=709
    Input, PLEASEAnd thank you

Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like the idea of making the distinction between healthy and unhealthy types... but I think that there are multitudes of different personality traits, characteristics and trends of each types that make it difficult to neatly categorize them as being "type-related". Some people of the same type may be more or less hostile, some may be more detached, some may be more ingratiating and appeasing, depending on their unique personalities. Also our observations tend to be incredibly limited, and we don't really have any kind of reliable data. We also likely don't have any backgrounds in psychology, so it makes it difficult to gauge between what is healthy or unhealthy. We may mistake what we think as healthy when it is really unhealthy, because we may be unhealthy in some parts ourselves. These things are usually done through years of scrutinized analysis, interviewing, questioning, etc. Not trying to be a party-pooper... but I just think that this kind of thing is well... unreliable. It's not really a good idea try to do these things "on our own" imo. I tend to think that "Socionics" solutions tend to be as equally as bogus.

TIM
    ILE/ENTp
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 1981slater View Post
    ILI

Quote Originally Posted by Singularity View Post
    I like the idea of making the distinction between healthy and unhealthy types... but I think that there are multitudes of different personality traits, characteristics and trends of each types that make it difficult to neatly categorize them as being "type-related". Some people of the same type may be more or less hostile, some may be more detached, some may be more ingratiating and appeasing, depending on their unique personalities. Also our observations tend to be incredibly limited, and we don't really have any kind of reliable data. We also likely don't have any backgrounds in psychology, so it makes it difficult to gauge between what is healthy or unhealthy. We may mistake what we think as healthy when it is really unhealthy, because we may be unhealthy in some parts ourselves. These things are usually done through years of scrutinized analysis, interviewing, questioning, etc. Not trying to be a party-pooper... but I just think that this kind of thing is well... unreliable. It's not really a good idea try to do these things "on our own" imo. I tend to think that "Socionics" solutions tend to be as equally as bogus.
    It still doesn't hurt to talk about it or play around with the idea. No one said this is, was, or will be reliable. It's also not like this thread is going to be published at The International Institute of Socionics, UC Berkeley, or presented at a American Psychological Association conference.

That's not the intention, the main idea is just to bounce around this idea. Big difference. It's kinda like art, sometimes there is no result intended.

Besides if you really think about it, if threads like this and the countless more made on this forum by other people—or anything for matter off and online—didn't exist; there'd be so such thing as "DCHN," "Socionics," "MBTI," "psychology," "spaceflight," "computers" or even pizza.

Basically, instead of why as you may ask, I say:

Why not?

Punk
    TIM
    ESE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 1981slater View Post
    ILI

Get a life ******. This stuff doesn't make any sense.

Am I doin' it, rite?

TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Divided View Post
    Am I doin' it, rite?
    You are as fit as a fiddle!
    ILE "Searcher"
    Socionics: ENTp
    DCNH: Dominant --> perhaps Normalizing
    Enneagram: 7w6 "Enthusiast"
    MBTI: ENTJ "Field Marshall" or ENTP "Inventor"
    Astrological sign: Aquarius

To learn, read. To know, write. To master, teach.