Thread: I'm officially joining your quadra now

TIM
    SLI 5w4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default I'm officially joining your quadra now.

The thread about Fe role-playing and acting convinced me.
    I always thought it Fe base was impossible for me, and that I couldn't possibly be an extravert. I was in denial, but it all makes sense now!
    Hi beta.

TIM
    ENFj-fe
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hope you realize that isn't just about role playing, sure that can be one aspect of it, but certainly not that function in its entirety. It's not about "being nice" or "putting on a face" for other people because that's what you think they want. I think the bigger aspect of this function would be the ability to convey strong emotions, not being embarressed by them like an polr might be, and I believe they come from a deeper source, not some surfacey wishy washy crap.
    EIE tritype 5w4, 4w5, 9w1

As far as we can discern, the sole purpose of human existence is to kindle a light in the darkness of mere being.
    Carl Jung, "Memories, Dreams, Reflections", 1962

TIM
    SLI 5w4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Morcheeba View Post
    I hope you realize that isn't just about role playing, sure that can be one aspect of it, but certainly not that function in its entirety. It's not about "being nice" or "putting on a face" for other people because that's what you think they want. I think the bigger aspect of this function would be the ability to convey strong emotions, not being embarressed by them like an polr might be, and I believe they come from a deeper source, not some surfacey wishy washy crap.
    Well. Actually I would love it if you'd explain it further because I could still have no idea what I'm talking about and I'm still open to the idea that I could be wrong about my type yet again.

Before I did think Fe was about being "nice" and smiley which is why I didn't consider it. Well, obviously that is still oversimplified. Anyway, I'm still not really sure what my actual personality looks like, but I guess long term, almost accidental "role-playing" would make sense for that in my mind. I believe personas I am around other people so much that I'm not sure if it's really me or not, which may be why I was so confused by socionics at first. I see to act like a lot of the types in different situations, or at least I have been like that type at some point in the past. Beyond socially adaptive I suppose.

It's possible that I'm some other type and still don't get it, but it definitely seems to be the best fit with my current understanding.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thats what I thought Fe was too initially. The smiley crap. But that's actually more Fi. Just look at gamma SFs. They are smiley as hell. Plus Fi types are always the ones using emoticons

End of the road
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by crazedratsghost View Post
    Thats what I thought Fe was too initially. The smiley crap. But that's actually more Fi. Just look at gamma SFs. They are smiley as hell. Plus Fi types are always the ones using emoticons
    Yeah i thought that having Fe meant being nice o.o (when i think of Fe, i think of all those chill ESFJ's using their Fe *sigh*, annoys me). "Conveying strong emotions" seem like a better description. I should be aware of that whenever talking to other ENFJ's

Don't forget the the thehotelambush's Avatar
    TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    158 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by crazedratsghost View Post
    Many Gamma SFs use a lot. I would say using smileys is generally more related to usage than since it has to do with emotional expression.

But doing it to be nice or pleasant is more related to or .

wants to be a writer. silverchris9's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Welcome, friend!
    Not a rule, just a trend.

IEI. Probably Fe subtype. Pretty sure I'm E4, sexual instinctual type, fairly confident that I'm a 3 wing now, so: IEI-Fe E4w3 sx/so. Considering 3w4 now, but pretty sure that 4 fits the best.

Yes 'a ma'am that's pretty music...

I am grateful for the mystery of the soul, because without it, there could be no contemplation, except of the mysteries of divinity, which are far more dangerous to get wrong.

TIM
    SLI 5w4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This makes a lot more sense now. "Outward emotional expression" just seems like something everyone does, and I definitely got confused by what it actually was as base vs. the idea of it, what it looks like when people "use" with other motivations.

LIKE YEAH OMG WOOOOO THIS IS THE FOUNDATION OF MY WHOLE PERSONALITY JUST BEING REALLY FUN AND HAPPY AND OBNOXIOUS THIS IS WHO I AM AND YEAHHH!!!11111 alkjsdflkJDSLKFJSDLKF.

Yay stereotypes! (No, I never thought it was that shallow, don't worry, but that's so opposite of how I act that it pushed me away from the possibility.)

The things I'm having most difficulty understanding with socionics are the things that seemed obvious or had some other meaning to me outside of this system. That made it seem shallow, but it definitely is starting to make sense the more I disconnect it from what I thought before and put it into the perspective of the whole theory.

What I'm still terribly confused about though is introvert/extrovert. Marista told me from the beginning that she didn't think I was an introvert actually and that I didn't understand what that meant. She was totally right, but I still don't really get it. I mean, I know what it means a lot more now, but I'm not sure how much to disregard the common definitions of the two words when thinking about it. Actually, I just wonder what causes an extrovert to act like an introvert and vice-versa.

When I first discovered socionics, I thought that I might be EII. I was really sure my mom was EIE. Now I think it might be the opposite for a lot of reasons, which just shows how confused I got, and probably still am. I could probably go on about my mom though so I think I'll stop.

Haha okay this post is full of unfocused tangents.

Hi silverchris!

End of the road
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nyaa I love those tangents , how about i make a bigger one to get back to the curve ? More EIE's for me!

TIM
    SLI 5w4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ReiLingBaz View Post
    Nyaa I love those tangents , how about i make a bigger one to get back to the curve ? More EIE's for me!
    Hahahaha math pun? A+
    Identical party!

TIM
    Ni-ENFj
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Morcheeba View Post
    I think this is well put.

TIM
    Ni-ENFj
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by d1ffe7 View Post
    Well. Actually I would love it if you'd explain it further because I could still have no idea what I'm talking about and I'm still open to the idea that I could be wrong about my type yet again.

Before I did think Fe was about being "nice" and smiley which is why I didn't consider it. Well, obviously that is still oversimplified. Anyway, I'm still not really sure what my actual personality looks like, but I guess long term, almost accidental "role-playing" would make sense for that in my mind. I believe personas I am around other people so much that I'm not sure if it's really me or not, which may be why I was so confused by socionics at first. I see to act like a lot of the types in different situations, or at least I have been like that type at some point in the past. Beyond socially adaptive I suppose.

It's possible that I'm some other type and still don't get it, but it definitely seems to be the best fit with my current understanding.

If "putting on a face" is something you do regularly, consider you could be enneagram type three, regardless of what socionics type you are.