Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Revolutionaries

Coldest of the Socion EyeSeeCold's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MegaDoomer View Post
    @ESC: Okay, I just thought there might also be some 'official' information about that subject or maybe something written in Wikisocion. I've suspected that the Ti of a LII is different from the Ti of a LSI (for example) before, but I've only heard about +/- IEs until now without actually learning about it in detail.
    I think if the crashed hadn't happened, WikiSocion would have been updated with all the new perspectives by now. Gulenko's Cognitive Styles is probably the only addition after the crash to be of any real use.

About +/-, WikiSocion descriptions would have to be overhauled. As of now, function and element descriptions are universal and not specified for types / quadras. Here is the page on WikiSocion, but I prefer my own deductions with specific contexts.

Quote Originally Posted by hitta View Post
    According to Model B, Alphas and Betas share their perceiving component; which causes them to typically be aggressive and destabilizing as opposed to the Delta Gamma component that causes an individual to be more protective and stabilizing.
    I like these word pairs; aggressive / protective, destabilizing / stabilizing.

Summarized:
    Alpha-Beta = Merry perception
    Beta-Gamma = Decisive judgment
    Gamma-Delta = Serious perception
    Delta-Alpha = Judicious judgment
    (i)NTFS

An ILI at rest tends to remain at rest
    and an ILI in motion is probably not an ILI

31.9FM KICE Radio ♫ *56K Warning*
    My work on Inert/Contact subtypes

Socionics Visual Identification(V.I.) Database
    Socionics Tests Database
    Comprehensive List of Socionics Sites

Fidei Defensor

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by EyeSeeCold View Post
    About +/-, WikiSocion descriptions would have to be overhauled. As of now, function and element descriptions are universal and not specified for types / quadras. Here is the page on WikiSocion, but I prefer my own deductions with specific contexts.
    I think you should consider whether this +/- is actually changing the functions themselves or is an emergent from the pairing blocks. I have reasons to relate to the latter:

The External/Internal across a block is basically a new dichotomy (in types currently called: Aristocratic/Democratic), as far as I can tell. The same "process" that makes Rationality, Decisiveness, Seriousness applies to it:
    - Fields+Static, Bodies+Dynamic = Rational; Bodies+Static, Fields+Dynamic = Irrational;
    - Fields+Internal, Bodies+External = Decisive,Serious; Bodies+Internal, Fields+External = Judicious,Merry (Alpha/Gamma values);
    - Static+Internal, Dynamic+External = Delta values; Dynamic+Internal, Static+External = Beta values; note that this is an actual IE/AE/function dichotomy, it's not just some trait that Beta and Delta have in opposition, just that no one cared to name it so far (in fact I did).
    - Internal Base+Internal Creative (NF, FN), External Base+External Creative (ST, TS) = Aristocratic (judgmental); External Base+Internal Creative (SF, TN), Internal Base+External Creative (NT, FS) = Democratic (nonjudgmental, observant).

As you can see, every time two fields that require external support, or ones that don't, pair together, one way or another a sort of judgment, premeditation, decisiveness emerges in the personality type. Also note that such things as Rational (Skizotymic), Decisive, Serious are not to be found in the Information Aspects, for instance, there's no such thing as determination, planning, judgment, decision in , the structural information, but the Socionics Rational is exclusively explained as emergent in the psyche (original Socionics explanation of Schizotymic, not the later online versions, perverted with Jung misinterpretations and MBTI mix-ins), when such Information Element is placed in the Base function. Certainly, "Rational/Judging" IAs have something in common, but we address them that way only for convenience, not because they, as actual aspects of information, are "judging/rational" by themselves.

Furthermore, +/- comes only in bundles of Dual functions. It's impossible to distinguish +Se from +Ni, as far as I can tell, and that's because it always applies to (Se,Ni), (Te,Fi), etc.
    ---

These are just few reasons that make me believe that we should not hurry to assign the +/- properties to the IEs/IAs. As traditionally the IEs are strictly based on IAs, and denote exclusively that a certain IA occupies a certain position in the psyche (as a function), I think it's better to maintain this +/- as it is, as a high-lever explanatory concept, somewhere above functions and IEs, but below type (as quadra values is).
    Last edited by The Ineffable; 03-06-2011 at 06:51 AM.
    Shock intuition, diamond logic.

The16types.info Scientific Model

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you. First, I need to get into this issue before I can deduce things.
    „Man can do what he wants but he cannot want what he wants.“
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

Coldest of the Socion EyeSeeCold's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt View Post
    I think you should consider whether this +/- is actually changing the functions themselves or is an emergent from the pairing blocks. I have reasons to relate to the latter:

The External/Internal across a block is basically a new dichotomy (in types currently called: Aristocratic/Democratic), as far as I can tell. The same "process" that makes Rationality, Decisiveness, Seriousness applies to it:
    - Fields+Static, Bodies+Dynamic = Rational; Bodies+Static, Fields+Dynamic = Irrational;
    - Fields+Internal, Bodies+External = Decisive,Serious; Bodies+Internal, Fields+External = Judicious,Merry (Alpha/Gamma values);
    - Static+Internal, Dynamic+External = Delta values; Dynamic+Internal, Static+External = Beta values; note that this is an actual IE/AE/function dichotomy, it's not just some trait that Beta and Delta have in opposition, just that no one cared to name it so far (in fact I did).
    - Internal Base+Internal Creative (NF, FN), External Base+External Creative (ST, TS) = Aristocratic (judgmental); External Base+Internal Creative (SF, TN), Internal Base+External Creative (NT, FS) = Democratic (nonjudgmental, observant).

As you can see, every time two fields that require external support, or ones that don't, pair together, one way or another a sort of judgment, premeditation, decisiveness emerges in the personality type. Also note that such things as Rational (Skizotymic), Decisive, Serious are not to be found in the Information Aspects, for instance, there's no such thing as determination, planning, judgment, decision in , the structural information, but the Socionics Rational is exclusively explained as emergent in the psyche (original Socionics explanation of Schizotymic, not the later online versions, perverted with Jung misinterpretations and MBTI mix-ins), when such Information Element is placed in the Base function. Certainly, "Rational/Judging" IAs have something in common, but we address them that way only for convenience, not because they, as actual aspects of information, are "judging/rational" by themselves.

Furthermore, +/- comes only in bundles of Dual functions. It's impossible to distinguish +Se from +Ni, as far as I can tell, and that's because it always applies to (Se,Ni), (Te,Fi), etc.
    ---

These are just few reasons that make me believe that we should not hurry to assign the +/- properties to the IEs/IAs. As traditionally the IEs are strictly based on IAs, and denote exclusively that a certain IA occupies a certain position in the psyche (as a function), I think it's better to maintain this +/- as it is, as a high-lever explanatory concept, somewhere above functions and IEs, but below type (as quadra values is).
    You misunderstood, I think. I meant the WikiSocion descriptions for types/functions should be updated by specification. This still leaves the IAs/IEs on their own to be further studied.
    (i)NTFS

An ILI at rest tends to remain at rest
    and an ILI in motion is probably not an ILI

31.9FM KICE Radio ♫ *56K Warning*
    My work on Inert/Contact subtypes

Socionics Visual Identification(V.I.) Database
    Socionics Tests Database
    Comprehensive List of Socionics Sites

Fidei Defensor

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You misunderstood, I think. I meant the WikiSocion descriptions for types/functions should be updated by specification. This still leaves the IAs/IEs on their own to be further studied.
    Yes, my idea was induced by including the element descriptions as target for revision, too, in your post. There are still people who truly believe there are "two kinds of Ti", you might have been one of them, from what I could tell .
    Shock intuition, diamond logic.

The16types.info Scientific Model

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Felix Gaeta (a character from the re-imagined Battlestar Galactica TV show) might've been an INTj in my opinion. He became a revolutionary near the end, and got executed. Then again I could be wrong about his type...
    Last edited by HERO; 03-13-2011 at 08:08 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12