Thread: Teachers

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Default Teachers

What is the best socionics relationship for a teacher to have with a student?

As far as I know, I've never had an ILI teacher, but I'm curious about supervision in this instance. I had an LSE teacher whose class was very educational and interesting, though he had sloppy handwriting. I have an EII teacher, which is nice because it's like she's giving me extra credit for being myself. I've had an IEI teacher. She liked me more than I liked her. In one class, only a few students did what they were supposed to, and I worked the hardest. The teacher was lazy. I had an IEE teacher. She was generous and made us do well, but she had her quirks. I had an SLI teacher. She really knew her subject and provided good examples, but it was extremely difficult to tell when she was pleased with something. I had a teacher who was LII. She was knowledgeable and easy to understand, but she liked making us work.
    Last edited by DirectorAbbie; 02-28-2011 at 06:37 PM.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

not gonna be around as much anymore
    TIM
    C-IEE
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would think either Mirror or Identity would be best.
    My life's work (haha):
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin/blog.php?b=709
    Input, PLEASEAnd thank you

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Contrary relations are underrated for teaching purposes. Contraries are relatively easy to understand compared to other opposite quadra types, yet not inclined to speak to your biases and delusions and reinforce these.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There have been like a million threads on this subject.

I agree with pianosinger.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by labcoat View Post
    Contrary relations are underrated for teaching purposes. Contraries are relatively easy to understand compared to other opposite quadra types, yet not inclined to speak to your biases and delusions and reinforce these.
    I had a math teacher (some kinda introvert) who I couldn't understand. I kept turning around and asking the LSI behind me for help.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush View Post
    There have been like a million threads on this subject.
    Sorry; I was unaware. Could you link them?

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Director Abbie View Post
    Sorry; I was unaware. Could you link them?
    Um, don't have them handy. Just search... (Don't mean to criticize, just pointing it out.)

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by labcoat View Post
    I find that even though I don't like the Te of my SEE teachers, that I really love and enjoy their Fi (empathy) towards me and their students in general. They are very generous as teachers and very understanding of things that can go wrong which would make you miss a test. I needed this because one year I had such terrible allergies that I came down with a really bad respiratory infection and was out of school for three weeks. My teacher's Se allowed her to hustle and find time to email me homework, which I would do half ass and email back, and she allowed me to take the final exam one week after the class ended. I love how generous SEE teachers can be, but see, here's another example of contrary relations with me and the wonderful way that it can work, just not in a living situation.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Creepy-male

Whatever club is best matched with the subject you're learning. My best maths teachers have all been LII. The worst, an ESE.

TIM
    Fe dominant
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had a chemistry teacher who was SLE. I got along with him pretty well, but hardly learned anything because he acted like he was teaching karate the whole time.

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My favorite teachers have been 2 (3?) ESTjs, 1 ISFp, and 1 ESTp, in that order. I would imagine that people would learn best from their duals or types that resemble their duals, but a lot of it depends on the teaching style of the person.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lemon View Post
    I had a chemistry teacher who was SLE. I got along with him pretty well, but hardly learned anything because he acted like he was teaching karate the whole time.
    Lol. A karate teacher in a chemistry lab...that makes an interesting mental picture.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari