Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: LSI-SEE supervision examples (ISTj & ESFp)

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2005
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Posts
    11,586
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default LSI-SEE supervision examples (ISTj & ESFp)

    There's this middle-aged cashier lady at work who I am convinced is SEE. What I have noticed is that I seem involuntarily fluster her.

    This is the actual dialog as best as I can recall it. The entire time this was happening, I was just clowning around and didn't mean to make her upset. Every time she expressed distress I was genuinely surprised, thinking that all I was doing was helping her.

    Also, I was jacked up on caffeine and ephedrine at the time, which is why I was so boisterous:



    SEE: *perform an obscure operation on the register's computer*

    Me: Wait, that's not how you do it. Press the button, then scan the item, then enter the price.

    SEE: *silently follows instructions* "I knew how to do that.... but thanks for trying to help."

    Me: You are quite welcome.

    SEE: *does something that will require a supervisor to correct before order can be completed*

    Me: You need an override. *calls supervisor EIE bitch over*

    SEE: I could have done that.

    Me: So? Relax, Melody. All's well. (yes, her name is Melody)

    SEE: (to customer) "Don't worry, I know what I'm doing."

    Me: Yeah, Mel knows what she's doing....... (with a silly smile) Or does she?

    SEE: *turns to me* "You know, you're not a very good person, are you?"

    Me: (with histrionic inflection) "Mel, please don't hurt my feelings. We're all friends here."

    SEE: *silent*



    Later:

    SEE: *rings up order and accidentally tenders incorrect change; gets notably flustered and can't seem to figure out what to do; gives off a kind of repulsive energy indicating that she wants me to let her figure it out*

    Me: Wait. Give him back his change.

    SEE: *hands it back reluctantly*

    Me: Now ring up the items again, make sure to enter the correct tender, then have a manager delete the order that you messed up.

    SEE: *obviously pissed* "What would I do without you, Peter."

    Me: Probably put companies out of business.

    SEE: You're mean, you know that?

    Me: No. Do you?



    Later:

    SEE: *comes over to me* "It's one thing to help me, it's another thing to make me look dumb in front of a customer."

    Me: Whoa, whoa, simmer down, simmer down! No one made you look dumb. You only look dumb if you're dumb. You're not dumb are you? Exactly. Let's be friends.

    SEE: Peter, you better stop this!

    Me: Huh?



    Later:

    SEE: These cookies bring out the devil in me.

    Me: Mel, you can't bring out something if it's already out 24/7.

    SEE: No, it brings out the devil in you. You're the devil.

    Me: Hey! I'm not Satan!

    SEE: I'm getting sick of you.

    Me: What are the symptoms? Do you need to lie down?



    Later:

    Me: *I am done with stocking and setting up the big floor scrubber machine, so I come up front to cashier/bag/whatever, and see that SEE needs a bagger*

    SEE: I can do it. I don't want you bagging for me anymore.

    Me: But there's no one else to bag for you. Should the customers be denied proper service just because you have a grudge against me?

    SEE: I don't like you.

    Me: Well I like you, so this is pretty one-sided, isn't it? *starts bagging*
    Last edited by discojoe; 02-28-2011 at 02:43 AM.

  2. #2
    Don't forget the the thehotelambush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    TIM
    LII
    Posts
    6,633
    Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Classic supervision. Use your powers wisely!

  3. #3
    Nothing in the cage of my ribcage
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    1,704
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    That's not supervision... you were just psychologically tormenting her.

  4. #4
    Grand Inquisitor Bardia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    TIM
    ESI
    Posts
    1,258
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I don't know if this is socionics supervision or just supervision in general. Either way it seems like you are clearly not wanted around watching the SEE and correcting her and yet you continually do it.
    “No psychologist should pretend to understand what he does not understand... Only fools and charlatans know everything and understand nothing.” -Anton Chekhov

    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Bardia0
    http://kevan.org/nohari?name=Bardia0

  5. #5
    boom boom boom blackburry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    TIM
    ESI-Se 6w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    3,269
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Yeeeeeaaaah...that's just intentionally being an overbearing creep.

  6. #6
    Haikus Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,740
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by discojoe View Post
    SEE: *perform an obscure operation on the register's computer*

    Me: Wait, that's not how you do it. Press the button, then scan the item, then enter the price.
    Really? That's not HOW you do it? Hummm....SEE don't like to be controlled and don't listen to their Benefactor relations very well. So, I would start by doing Ti, and using the word "should" as opposed to a more Te, methodical word "how" and than followed up with a directive rather than a suggestion. As an LSE, you noticed that her work was poorly performed, and offered her Te, suggestions on how she can go about doing it right, which she ignored, because she doesn't need your kind of Te. You're telling her what to do (that's ordering/directing); that doesn't work for SEE, you should try suggesting to her how she can do it and than step back and not watch her; let her decides to do it because she is an Se and will control the situation to her liking.

    http://www.brandle.com.au/amethodi.htm
    Methodical approach equals Te.

    Extroverted logic, or , is an rational, extroverted, and dynamic IM element. It is also referred to as Te, P, algorithmic logic, practical logic, or black logic (because the symbol is black).
    Extroverted logic deals with the external activity of objects, i.e the how, what and where of events, activity or work, behaviour, algorithms, movement, and actions.
    The how, what and where of events would be the external activity of events, activity or work would be the external activity of a machine or individual(s) and algorithms describe the external activity of objects.
    Since perceives objective, factual information outside the subject (external activity) and analyzes the rationale and functionality of what is happening or being done or said. "Quality" to a type is how well an object performs the functions for which it was made. A type can judge a person to be "effective" if he is able to achieve his purposes without wasting any energy or producing unwanted side effects. So types basically evaluate people and things using the same criteria.

    OTHERWISE

    NO COMMENT. *MARITSA BANGS HER HEAD ON THE WALL HOPING TO PASS OUT*

    YOU CAN'T ESCAPE YOUR REAL TYPE AND ANYONE SMART ENOUGH SHOULD ALREADY RECOGNIZE IT.


    Quote Originally Posted by discojoe View Post

    SEE: *comes over to me* "It's one thing to help me, it's another thing to make me look dumb in front of a customer."

    Me: Whoa, whoa, simmer down, simmer down! No one made you look dumb. You only look dumb if you're dumb. You're not dumb are you? Exactly. Let's be friends.

    SEE: Peter, you better stop this!

    Me: Huh?
    What do you expect her to do. Se is about territory, and winning people over and making sure you look good/smart/respected/ etc. is apart of that territory. You shouldn't have done this. Your approach was inappropriate. She wanted support because that would have made her look good and given her confidence.
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 03-01-2011 at 05:42 AM.

  7. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2005
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Posts
    11,586
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bardia View Post
    I don't know if this is socionics supervision or just supervision in general. Either way it seems like you are clearly not wanted around watching the SEE and correcting her and yet you continually do it.
    Nah, we're friends. She likes me fine.

  8. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2005
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Posts
    11,586
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    When she says stuff like "I'm sick of you," she does it in a way that really says "I like you but you're being a poophead." She doesn't actually dislike me at all.

  9. #9
    Nothing in the cage of my ribcage
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    1,704
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I'd suppose it's a kind of a one-sided friendship.

  10. #10
    silke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    TIM
    Ni-IEI sx/sp
    Posts
    3,814
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    LSI supervising SEE at 21:20 and 29:00 mins


  11. #11
    peteronfireee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    TIM
    LSI
    Posts
    521
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    lol

    My SEE friend got a DUI and he can't really drive anywhere besides work.

    I take him out (aka drive him lol) on the weekends and help with his finances and shit.

    He described me as his "guardian angel" lol

    In return, he always makes it a good time and gives positive vibes/emotions.

    One time I almost got into a fight, but then my SEE friend jumped in to break it up. And he told me afterward "Peter, if he touched you I would have started swinging!!!!" lmao

    We're really good friends.

  12. #12
    Number 9 large's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Inside yo moms vagina
    TIM
    LSI-Se 6w7 Sx/Sp
    Posts
    863
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by discojoe View Post
    There's this middle-aged cashier lady at work who I am convinced is SEE. What I have noticed is that I seem involuntarily fluster her.

    This is the actual dialog as best as I can recall it. The entire time this was happening, I was just clowning around and didn't mean to make her upset. Every time she expressed distress I was genuinely surprised, thinking that all I was doing was helping her.

    Also, I was jacked up on caffeine and ephedrine at the time, which is why I was so boisterous:



    SEE: *perform an obscure operation on the register's computer*

    Me: Wait, that's not how you do it. Press the button, then scan the item, then enter the price.

    SEE: *silently follows instructions* "I knew how to do that.... but thanks for trying to help."

    Me: You are quite welcome.

    SEE: *does something that will require a supervisor to correct before order can be completed*

    Me: You need an override. *calls supervisor EIE bitch over*

    SEE: I could have done that.

    Me: So? Relax, Melody. All's well. (yes, her name is Melody)

    SEE: (to customer) "Don't worry, I know what I'm doing."

    Me: Yeah, Mel knows what she's doing....... (with a silly smile) Or does she?

    SEE: *turns to me* "You know, you're not a very good person, are you?"

    Me: (with histrionic inflection) "Mel, please don't hurt my feelings. We're all friends here."

    SEE: *silent*



    Later:

    SEE: *rings up order and accidentally tenders incorrect change; gets notably flustered and can't seem to figure out what to do; gives off a kind of repulsive energy indicating that she wants me to let her figure it out*

    Me: Wait. Give him back his change.

    SEE: *hands it back reluctantly*

    Me: Now ring up the items again, make sure to enter the correct tender, then have a manager delete the order that you messed up.

    SEE: *obviously pissed* "What would I do without you, Peter."

    Me: Probably put companies out of business.

    SEE: You're mean, you know that?

    Me: No. Do you?



    Later:

    SEE: *comes over to me* "It's one thing to help me, it's another thing to make me look dumb in front of a customer."

    Me: Whoa, whoa, simmer down, simmer down! No one made you look dumb. You only look dumb if you're dumb. You're not dumb are you? Exactly. Let's be friends.

    SEE: Peter, you better stop this!

    Me: Huh?



    Later:

    SEE: These cookies bring out the devil in me.

    Me: Mel, you can't bring out something if it's already out 24/7.

    SEE: No, it brings out the devil in you. You're the devil.

    Me: Hey! I'm not Satan!

    SEE: I'm getting sick of you.

    Me: What are the symptoms? Do you need to lie down?



    Later:

    Me: *I am done with stocking and setting up the big floor scrubber machine, so I come up front to cashier/bag/whatever, and see that SEE needs a bagger*

    SEE: I can do it. I don't want you bagging for me anymore.

    Me: But there's no one else to bag for you. Should the customers be denied proper service just because you have a grudge against me?

    SEE: I don't like you.

    Me: Well I like you, so this is pretty one-sided, isn't it? *starts bagging*
    These very freakin' hilarious, lmao. Oh and, old post?

    Edit:
    Also, would this still be a supervision relation if she actually knew how to do her job properly?
    I doubt it. I can think of this happening without taking socionics types into account. (Or see this happening between non supervisor relations)
    Can anyone give examples of a supervisor supervising his supervisee when both are technically on equal footing?

  13. #13
    No Fate Pole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    TIM
    LSI-Se
    Posts
    730
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    An SEE at my job told me "Gut instincts, gut instincts, gut instincts, just go with your guts man." ... when I was over thinking everything in the back of the store warehouse. It did help to hear that, because he is an Se-dom and I am in my head, in Ti land. He said it in a helpful, friendly way, not annoyed by my indecision and hesitation in the least.
    LSI-Se 836 Sp/Sx

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •