Thread: Fe is a persona function

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BulletsAndDoves View Post
    Fi is protecting your inner fag.
    Fe is showing your inner fag.

By inner fag I don't mean actually homosexuality, I mean your emotional world.

To Fi, Fe feels manipulative, like their inner fag is being attacked and invaded, when they just want to be reserved with that stuff. With Fe, they just simply can't understand the sensitivity with being sensitive. They don't like to bottle all that stuff inside, it feels dishonest to them. We're just being honest by showing our 'inner fag', but Fi types view that as manipulative. We think they're being cold and standoffish, but really, they just want their inner fag to feel sacred, and not vomit it to everybody in the world.

But Fe then again thinks that's silly because just because you're hiding something, doesn't mean that it isn't there. But to Fi types they just aren't viewing it that way. They aren't hiding, they're just processing things differently or so they say. So both the Fi valuer and the Fe valuer will argue for hours on end (depending on the quadra and the intertype relationship, for example esfp is fi-valuing and infp is fe-valuing but they both still get along really well) until both get fed up and go away, and get naturally recharged again by their duals and people in their own quadra.
    i wouldn't say Fi valuers see themselves as "hiding" anything even if it might look that way to Fe valuers. it looks like you're saying Fi equals the absence of Fe, but it isn't a void or a blankness, its a different thing that exists.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush View Post
    Warning: you may be conflating some vs. stuff in there.
    how so? it made sense to me.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by laghlagh View Post
    how so? it made sense to me.
    The idea of being focused more on current things rather than long-term things might be related more to vs. . EIEs and IEIs talk a lot about their long-term emotional state, actually.

Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Egbert Human View Post
    IPs are shallow due to being immersed in a broad spread of constant information. IJs are deep due to having lots of abstract pieces to move around and plumb.

EPs are deep due to having shifting collections of abstracts to arrange and derive their reality from. EJs are shallow due to constantly driving and directing their broad spread of constant information.
    EPs like ILEs are also in a flux of constant information from many different sources, and they shift from things to things without completing them first.

But I get what you mean though, Dynamic types are more likely to simply rearrange things, information, people, etc. in a way that they believe is right. But note that this doesn't have anything to do with mathematical abilities, "deep" scientific analysis, artistic talents, etc.

TIM
    ENFj-fe
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by labcoat View Post
    Fe operates on an irrational function (Si or Ni). The processes aren't fully separate. The Je function orients to the difference between percepts, but this happens to such an extent automatically that it hardly makes sense to view the functions in isolation. Orienting to a percept without comparing it to other things is, in a sense, a vacuous activity.
    EIE tritype 5w4, 4w5, 9w1

As far as we can discern, the sole purpose of human existence is to kindle a light in the darkness of mere being.
    Carl Jung, "Memories, Dreams, Reflections", 1962

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12