Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 81

Thread: Why do Duals tend not to notice each other?

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    153
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Noticing the "value" in your dual

    ...?
    Last edited by Clumsy; 02-21-2012 at 12:25 PM.

  2. #2
    Darn Socks Director Abbie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Southwest USA
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    6,728
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I have an easy time spotting duals. I have to put forth effort not to type everyone I meet.

    I don't think my dual is too good for me because LSEs are more productive than EIIs. My duals do tend to be boring. They're predictable, but so am I. They're just nice. Sometimes one comes along who's funny, too. That's not so boring.

    ESTj
    1w2 sp/so 1-2-6
    Brilliand's Younger Sister
    Squishy's Older Sister

    Johari Nohari

    Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

  3. #3
    Haikus Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,740
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    Yes, because the male counterpart of my duals are usually very intellectual and sometimes they like a woman who can match or exceed them in that arena and that's kind of hard to do for me because I don't really do what they do, which is suck down loads of Te (information), so I might seem a bit boring. I also really think that they are better dressers and they judge me based on how I look (I can be very casual and not into wearing sexy things). I'm sort of a plain jane type. I think they might want me to be more like them too, especially the ones who don't know much about socionics and what they need (Fi) that truly makes the relationship complete. They expect me to be more experienced, traveled, socially enlightened (culturally as well); although, I do try to do these things, I just don't have the drive to pass my relations up for doing it all the time. Some of my duals are night life people who have interests such as going out drinking and dancing. I'm an introvert. For the best description of who I am. I don't think drinking is healthy for you (Si) and it also is very bad for disrupting sleep patterns (I've had to tell my dual cousin to slow down on the wine consumption). Extraverted Te types have hobbies that they do on a regular basis; I think my Se PoLR wears me out to the point where activity just seems to drain the life blood out of me.

    They are, in a lot of ways too good for me. Even better looking too. I'm just an average joe.


    Quote Originally Posted by Director Abbie View Post
    I have an easy time spotting duals. I have to put forth effort not to type everyone I meet.

    I don't think my dual is too good for me because LSEs are more productive than EIIs. My duals do tend to be boring. They're predictable, but so am I. They're just nice. Sometimes one comes along who's funny, too. That's not so boring.

    Thanks Abbie. I'm beginning to see how you and I are a good fit. with you being 1w2 and me being 2w1

    LOL we said the same thing that EII tend to be boring. I'm not that boring. I'll explain it to you. The reason why I might seem that way is because at first whatever the LSE say is filtered through morality, as in, "don't say things that are gruff, hurt people, cut relations, are immoral." Once the LSE realizes that what they say has to be said low key and make sure that it's clear to me that they are joking, I can really enjoy it, going so far as to joke back and have a good time. It's that initial stage and the public persona (needing to keep good appearances) that has me canning my duals jokes. I'm cautious about hurting people and cutting relations, so it's me, or my job, to keep the relations together. My duals can be very gruff sometimes.
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 02-27-2011 at 01:57 AM.

  4. #4
    not a bumblebee octo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    TIM
    IEI 4-6-9 apparently
    Posts
    2,744
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    There are a couple threads here that are related:

    Duals dislike eachother more often then expected

    Duals at a Distance

    (I was going to say "recent threads" but... wow. I've been here longer than I realised. )
    Quote Originally Posted by Agee The Great View Post
    Nobody here...besides me, seems to know what SLE is except for maybe Maritsa.

  5. #5
    what is essential is invisible to the eye fox's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Space
    TIM
    Seer
    Posts
    12,811
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

    Default

    trtrjyfuytdjhgf
    Last edited by fox; 04-18-2012 at 02:23 AM. Reason: omg
    Quote Originally Posted by jxrtes View Post
    betas should be kept in zoos for children to stare and throw pop corn at.

  6. #6
    Breaking stereotypes Suz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    On a chatbox diet
    TIM
    IDK
    Posts
    6,470
    Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Well I've had a striking experience with one guy who is most certainly a dual (SLI). My experience was that while i do find my dual very attractive, I actually didn't notice him until he MADE me notice him initially by extending his hand and saying "Hi, I'm [name]" and talking to me a few times. Because I liked the interaction, after that when we worked closely together, i did make it a point to see if he's around and thus did spot him.

    However, now that we are at some distance again, at one point I coincidentally found myself in the presence of him and his group of friends, and even though this guy is constantly on my mind and I miss him so much, I didn't notice him -- it was his extravert friend that I spotted, and then realized he must be around there somewhere. And only then did i see him, blending in with the world.

    It's really interesting the way this phenomenon works. They really are invisible!
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

  7. #7
    Haikus
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    8,337
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I'm getting better and better at spotting my dual among people I see in real life, but before I came to Socionics I already had a strong liking for certain famous delta STs (please dont use my avatar as an example, heh)--it's hard to say as I'm rather distanced and don't have a lot of real relationship experience.

    I think before I cam to Socionics, I didn't really understand quadra differences that naturally, it was a background process; I kind of looked at most people equally, and more so potentially, for the most part.

  8. #8
    Coldest of the Socion EyeSeeCold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Holy Temple of St. Augusta
    Posts
    3,693
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WorkaholicsAnon View Post
    Well I've had a striking experience with one guy who is most certainly a dual (SLI). My experience was that while i do find my dual very attractive, I actually didn't notice him until he MADE me notice him initially by extending his hand and saying "Hi, I'm [name]" and talking to me a few times. Because I liked the interaction, after that when we worked closely together, i did make it a point to see if he's around and thus did spot him.
    Of the SEEs I've known and befriended, 2 ingratiated themselves with me. It felt awkward and I kind of noticed in a detached way that they were interested. I just deliberately ignored the opportunity, for no other reason than that "it was whatever". I never saw them as objects of desire.

    The other SEE, I actually felt compelled to speak to first, after noticing her amongst the crowd a couple times previously in the day. I guess it helped that she was highly attractive. It took a few tries before she saw me for me and not some random guy.

    The last SEE, whom I never met, pretty much noticed me, but we never talked. Just "what if" glances.

    And then there are male SEEs, which I am not sure of in the typings so I can't really speak on those. Not that duality can't be platonic.
    (i)NTFS

    An ILI at rest tends to remain at rest
    and an ILI in motion is probably not an ILI

    31.9FM KICE Radio ♫ *56K Warning*
    My work on Inert/Contact subtypes

    Socionics Visual Identification(V.I.) Database
    Socionics Tests Database
    Comprehensive List of Socionics Sites


    Fidei Defensor

  9. #9
    Breaking stereotypes Suz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    On a chatbox diet
    TIM
    IDK
    Posts
    6,470
    Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EyeSeeCold View Post
    The last SEE, whom I never met, pretty much noticed me, but we never talked. Just "what if" glances.
    Had a lot of those with the SLI.
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

  10. #10
    what is essential is invisible to the eye fox's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Space
    TIM
    Seer
    Posts
    12,811
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EyeSeeCold View Post
    The last SEE, whom I never met, pretty much noticed me, but we never talked. Just "what if" glances.
    .
    This is where you're supposed to approach them and blow them away with you're massive intuitive intellect.
    Quote Originally Posted by jxrtes View Post
    betas should be kept in zoos for children to stare and throw pop corn at.

  11. #11
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2005
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Posts
    11,586
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I always notice EIEs pretty much right away, even before knowing about socionics.

    Let me put it this way: If there are two attractive girls, and one of them is EIE, I'll aways notice the EIE "more" than the other, whether for good or ill.

  12. #12
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    18,006
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    I do lose interest after few tries that didn't produce any tangible results. I don't give a flying toss after.

  13. #13
    Haikus Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,740
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    Because E types look at people's surface qualities and don't anticipate their depth and I types think that E types are too good for them especially ExSx types because they are sensors and very hearty character about them; this makes us N types feel kinda inferior, both in our looks, demeanor, whatever.

    Activity, benefit, and mirror relations most commonly attract one another because they don't have anything to get used to as duality does.

  14. #14

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    153
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    So, in your experiences, are duals that are better suited for each other in the long run the ones that make less of an impression on each other at first glance?

    I ask this because thus far, the dual subtypes that I've tended to notice right off the bat end up either intimidating me to the point where I feel like I can't be myself or irritating me really quickly. The ones that I tend to notice more over time, when I start to really look at someone that I might have glanced over originally, are the ones I actually feel more comfortable being myself around. They are the ones, in general, that are more warmly receptive to me being who I am. They react more in a way that I need in order to feel comfortable, whereas the others seem to put me on edge.

    I know that I'm not mistyped. There is no other type that fits quite as well as IEI for me.
    Last edited by Clumsy; 03-27-2011 at 06:11 PM.

  15. #15
    aka Slacker Slacker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    North Korea
    TIM
    IEE
    Posts
    8,819
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    The other question is whether you might be thinking some LSEs are SLEs. But I would think regardless of their type, if someone is irritating you, that isn't likely to get better over time. It seems like irritation gets worse the more you know someone. If you feel comfortable being around someone, that's a better sign. I was a bit confused by my husband (who is my dual) when we first met, but it was more that I thought he didn't like me - I had a hard time reading him. I was very comfortable with him right from the start though.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain


    You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

  16. #16

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    153
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Slacker View Post
    The other question is whether you might be thinking some LSEs are SLEs. But I would think regardless of their type, if someone is irritating you, that isn't likely to get better over time. It seems like irritation gets worse the more you know someone. If you feel comfortable being around someone, that's a better sign. I was a bit confused by my husband (who is my dual) when we first met, but it was more that I thought he didn't like me - I had a hard time reading him. I was very comfortable with him right from the start though.
    I agree with you. I don't think it would change either (the irritation). The LSE typing is also a possibility I hadn't really considered yet, but that is a very good point. Are there any clear cut ways of telling an LSE apart from an SLE? I'm sure there are threads on it *runs off to search the forum*.

    Did you notice a major difference in comfort level (or anything else for that matter) with your husband compared to other SLI's (assuming you have met other SLI's)?

  17. #17
    Creepy-Snaps

    Default

    BLAH BLAH BLAH, another boring relationship, being comfortable and happy and finding that 'perfect dual' thread.

    You guys need to spend less time on the internet and start talking with people more.

  18. #18
    Creepy-Snaps

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Clumsy View Post
    Or if they do notice each other, they tend to think their Dual is too good for them or too boring. Why is this?

    Have you experienced this?
    You tend to be more consciously aware of your first 4 functions, and the latter 4 are more subconscious. So, especially when young, or if you've never had dual experience/interaction, you don't realize when someone is saying/doing/providing something you actually need.

    With practice, and time, and knowledge, a lot of people become adept at recognizing their duals quickly. So no worries mate!

    /thread

  19. #19
    Coldest of the Socion EyeSeeCold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Holy Temple of St. Augusta
    Posts
    3,693
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Clumsy View Post
    Or if they do notice each other, they tend to think their Dual is too good for them or too boring. Why is this?

    Have you experienced this?
    I'd like to try again.

    Note that when it comes to Accepting/Producing in the types' Ego, the Creative function is generally the one that stands out the most.

    So now we have a hidden Base(), and a "demonstrative" Creative.

    Wait, if the Creative is being demonstrated, why doesn't the Dual notice???

    Well, first of all, guess who does notice? Your Beneficiary, and, likely, Activity partner.

    Now, back to our Duals.

    They don't consciously notice your natural ability because it perfectly lines up with their own psyche's expectations. Thus they don't see anything unusual going on. It's all natural.

    However! If you openly demonstrate your Base, you will catch their attention. The Dual-Seeking functions are much more sensitive. This is why Beneficiaries perceive you so intensely.
    (i)NTFS

    An ILI at rest tends to remain at rest
    and an ILI in motion is probably not an ILI

    31.9FM KICE Radio ♫ *56K Warning*
    My work on Inert/Contact subtypes

    Socionics Visual Identification(V.I.) Database
    Socionics Tests Database
    Comprehensive List of Socionics Sites


    Fidei Defensor

  20. #20
    aka Slacker Slacker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    North Korea
    TIM
    IEE
    Posts
    8,819
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Clumsy View Post
    I agree with you. I don't think it would change either (the irritation). The LSE typing is also a possibility I hadn't really considered yet, but that is a very good point. Are there any clear cut ways of telling an LSE apart from an SLE? I'm sure there are threads on it *runs off to search the forum*.

    Did you notice a major difference in comfort level (or anything else for that matter) with your husband compared to other SLI's (assuming you have met other SLI's)?
    "How to tell an LSE from an SLE" is a somewhat common debate topic around here. If you want to start it up, I suggest a new thread about that in General Discussion. I'm guessing you'll get some responses.

    I find myself to be pretty comfortable around SLIs in general. There might be things I don't like about them, but generally things not related to socionics. Like if someone is sexist and talks down to me because of that, that person won't be a friend regardless of type.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain


    You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

  21. #21
    Park's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Beyond the blue horizon
    TIM
    SLI
    Posts
    13,088
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Slacker View Post
    "How to tell an LSE from an SLE" is a somewhat common debate topic around here. If you want to start it up, I suggest a new thread about that in General Discussion. I'm guessing you'll get some responses.

    I find myself to be pretty comfortable around SLIs in general. There might be things I don't like about them, but generally things not related to socionics. Like if someone is sexist and talks down to me because of that, that person won't be a friend regardless of type.
    Tell me how slacker dad noticed you, so I know which winning methods to employ. K thx.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

    Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

  22. #22
    aka Slacker Slacker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    North Korea
    TIM
    IEE
    Posts
    8,819
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    LOL I approached slacker dad, and it was his deep soft voice and his accent that initially attracted me and got me talking to him initially. But anyway I was the pursuer.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain


    You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

  23. #23
    Park's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Beyond the blue horizon
    TIM
    SLI
    Posts
    13,088
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Slacker View Post
    it was his deep soft voice and his accent

    I have those.

    Quote Originally Posted by Slacker View Post
    LOL I approached slacker dad
    Quote Originally Posted by Slacker View Post
    But anyway I was the pursuer.
    I've been waiting all my life for an ENFp chick (or any chick for that matter) to approach me, but it ain't happening.
    Last edited by Park; 03-28-2011 at 02:54 AM.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

    Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

  24. #24
    Ti centric krieger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    5,983
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    BS thread. duals do notice each other.

  25. #25
    Park's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Beyond the blue horizon
    TIM
    SLI
    Posts
    13,088
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by labcoat View Post
    BS thread. duals do notice each other.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

    Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

  26. #26
    Don't forget the the thehotelambush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    TIM
    LII
    Posts
    6,630
    Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by labcoat View Post
    BS thread. duals do notice each other.
    Yup

    Although I will say that sometimes if people haven't had a lot of experience with good relationships, they won't know how to recognize them, or might even be attracted to bad relationships.

  27. #27
    silke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    TIM
    Ni-IEI sx/sp
    Posts
    3,813
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    I am one of those people who doesn't notice my duals much. I can type them sometimes even without speaking to them sometimes now that I've studied jungian functions, but I don't necessarily develop desire to be with them, or befriend them, or get a crush on them right away.

    I believe this is because I've never had dual-friends and don't have any duals in my family, so I kind of self-dualized. My family moved several times, then later I moved myself, I switched several schools and jobs and so I had no choice but to use Se and Ti. So what happens now as a result of this self-dualization is that I've noticed that duals show more interest in me while I fail to reciprocate on the same level. I just don't get intrigued much by what they try to offer me and always get surprised by so much attention from some of them.

    In addition socionics doesn't consider many other personality factors. Not all duals are same. Some simply have personality traits that turn me off and that's outside of realm of socionics.

  28. #28
    Logos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    5,406
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush View Post
    Yup

    Although I will say that sometimes if people haven't had a lot of experience with good relationships, they won't know how to recognize them, or might even be attracted to bad relationships.
    Duals may notice each other, but duals do not necessarily notice each other at once. It normally takes a while, since A) duals are sometimes found in different spheres of activity, and B) as EyeSeeCold mentions, duals sometimes fail to notice their duality, since the dual-experience can be so natural that the mutual benefit goes unnoticed. In my experience, it sometimes takes repeated exposure for some duals to pick up on their duality.
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

  29. #29
    Hot Message FDG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Freiburg im Breisgau
    TIM
    ENTj
    Posts
    15,633
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by labcoat View Post
    BS thread. duals do notice each other.
    Yep. Case closed.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

  30. #30
    aka Slacker Slacker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    North Korea
    TIM
    IEE
    Posts
    8,819
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Well that kind of happened with me, although "ignore" is too strong a word. So when I met my husband he was here visiting a friend who had studied abroad in his country. He was only here for a couple of weeks. We spent a pretty good amount of time together, but I wasn't sure he even really liked me because he seemed sullen to me, and I didn't think anything would come of it. But when he went back home, I did really miss him. And he must have really missed me too, because he started calling me a lot, and this was back when international calls cost a lot of money. And he came back, obviously.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain


    You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

  31. #31

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    TIM
    ESE-C [Enneagram-2]
    Posts
    265
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I think this is true. As an ESE I generally don't notice LII's in a positive light unless I have been around them for a long time, or, unless I get involved in a very long, engaging couple of conversations. . . if they don't get the chance to do that they just seem like any other person out there to me. . . or even worse, boring.

    ESE's on the other hand. . . I met my first ESE guy the other day. Instant attraction. The sad thing is, the guy beside him, (one of the ESE's best friends) was an LII. . . but standing next to the ESE he seemed so. . . boring.

    The sad thing is, I can identify an LII pretty quickly now. But, I just. am not. attracted. to them. . . instantly. Until I get to know them better they just are so, blah. It's like, a slow built up attraction. The fireworks never seem to just spout out in 2 seconds with an LII. . . it's lame.

    I know I should be more attracted to the dual. But I'm. . . not.

  32. #32
    Bam! Just like Emeril.
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    33
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Clumsy View Post
    The "BS" I was refering to was this:


    How long did it take, in your experiences, for you to start noticing the value of being around your dual, or was it pretty instantaneous? This question is more for the Extroverts (in accordance with the quote above).
    Four years to start noticing, five to get it enough to do something about it.
    This is the place where I procrastinate on things Sig related.

    ILE

  33. #33
    ..so give me your wallet and.. eSDe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Kraków, Poland
    TIM
    LIE, 6w5, soc/sp
    Posts
    12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    "It is difficult to notice your Dual partner among all the other types and even easier to pass them by" if you don't know who are you looking for, and you don't have V.I. skill. ;>
    Themes: Satisfied the work process.
    Main goal: Achieving the required result.
    Methods: Any, effective.


    Pure logic is the ruin of the spirit

  34. #34
    boom boom boom blackburry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    TIM
    ESI-Se 6w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    3,269
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Of the few LIE's I've met...they've all kind of had to grow on me. Immediately intrigued, but it's like --ehhh... until I really get to know them more. And of course, as always, it's more about the individual.

  35. #35
    redbaron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    9,321
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Clumsy View Post
    How long did it take, in your experiences, for you to start noticing the value of being around your dual, or was it pretty instantaneous? This question is more for the Extroverts (in accordance with the quote above).
    Actually, I think my dual friend noticed me before I noticed him. I can remember a couple of specific times when he'd try to talk to me and I was thinking "why is he striking up a conversation? what do we possibly have in common? why would he want to know what *I* think?" lol I did see him as a bit too good for me and yet also possibly boring because I didn't realize the interests that we shared yet. But after a few years of casual regular interaction, we became valuable friends.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

  36. #36
    Breaking stereotypes Suz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    On a chatbox diet
    TIM
    IDK
    Posts
    6,470
    Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Parkster View Post

    I have those.





    I've been waiting all my life for an ENFp chick (or any chick for that matter) to approach me, but it ain't happening.
    From what i understand, Slacker is a VERY OUTGOING IEE. Not all of us are like that.

    One thing i've noticed with SLIs i've been interested in, is I'll cast out all these gestures of friendship, and the SLIs will just totally blow off those efforts. I suspect it might be because you guys are just so oblivious (or cautious about new friends?), but I usually take that as a rejection.

    Maybe the challenge for you is to try to notice when someone new is trying to be friends with you. It could be an interested IEE!
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

  37. #37
    Breaking stereotypes Suz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    On a chatbox diet
    TIM
    IDK
    Posts
    6,470
    Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eSDe View Post
    "It is difficult to notice your Dual partner among all the other types and even easier to pass them by" if you don't know who are you looking for, and you don't have V.I. skill. ;>
    I would say it does make it easier to see duals knowing what you're looking for and having some knowledge of VI, but I find that it's still easy to overlook them, especially in settings where you're not really interacting.

    Another disappointing thing for me, sort of knowing what i'm looking for now, is that I'll identify a dual, but THEN WHAT? I'm like, here is a dual right here, and it would be great to become friends and get to know each other, but sometimes trying to make contact (or lack thereof) is frustrating.
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

  38. #38
    Park's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Beyond the blue horizon
    TIM
    SLI
    Posts
    13,088
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WorkaholicsAnon View Post
    From what i understand, Slacker is a VERY OUTGOING IEE. Not all of us are like that.

    One thing i've noticed with SLIs i've been interested in, is I'll cast out all these gestures of friendship, and the SLIs will just totally blow off those efforts. I suspect it might be because you guys are just so oblivious (or cautious about new friends?), but I usually take that as a rejection.

    Maybe the challenge for you is to try to notice when someone new is trying to be friends with you. It could be an interested IEE!
    LOL WA. No one is trying to be friends with me. I don't think I'm a very likable person. Or maybe I am just oblivious to such attempts, I don't know. I take things people say to me quite literally, so it's possible that I miss some things. I can be a terrible interpreter when it comes to communication in relationships and people have told me that I don't how to read between the lines. In general I suck at befriending people (in the regular, socially accepted ways), so sometimes it's easier to reject someone before I do something stupid or make a fool of myself. I usually can't tell if someone's trying to be friends though, unless they make it very obvious.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

    Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

  39. #39
    redbaron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    9,321
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Parkster View Post
    LOL WA. No one is trying to be friends with me. I don't think I'm a very likable person. Or maybe I am just oblivious to such attempts, I don't know. I take things people say to me quite literally, so it's possible that I miss some things. I can be a terrible interpreter when it comes to communication in relationships and people have told me that I don't how to read between the lines. In general I suck at befriending people (in the regular, socially accepted ways), so sometimes it's easier to reject someone before I do something stupid or make a fool of myself. I usually can't tell if someone's trying to be friends though, unless they make it very obvious.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

  40. #40
    Lobo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    TIM
    EII 6w5
    Posts
    2,080
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I notice LSEs quite easily. It might be harder for them to notice me, since I tend to not really talk about "Fi stuff" at work or when I first get to know someone.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •