Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What type is this?

Mentioned
    Post(s)
    Tagged
    Thread(s)

Default What type is this?

The moment this guy stepped into the club he had to greet everyone there, he knew most everyone by name and kept trying to introduce me to them and get me to join their group (he's part of the non profit group that was throwing the party). In fact with one of the girls he stopped her dead in her tracks and demanded that we exchange numbers, going "Exchange. NOW!" He is a very loud person, the way he talks you can hear him clear across the room even with all the loud music. There were a few of us and it surprised me that he stuck by us for most of the night--I had thought he would drift off and get lost flirting in the crowd of people until it was time to leave. He was very accommodating and always made sure we had enough drinks, we were having fun, etc. If it looked like we were bored he would come over and try to make us dance. He refused to dance to any bump and grind songs lol, especially with guys he didn't know. He's gay btw.

When we were leaving he would make his rounds and say bye to everyone at the club.. anytime he passed a new person he would have to say bye. and get their contact info. So of course it took forever to leave, and afterwards we went to get something to eat, during which he refused to let us order for ourselves and instead took it upon his own to order for the entire table. And then he kept demanding that we eat!

Any ideas?

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

No one knows...I would say, a drunk SLI.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Totally ESE.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ESE way. Where the heck do you see SLI in that, Maritsa? I think you're the drunk one!!
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I don't know...my sister doesn't act like that drunk or not. ESE, like LSE can seem antisocial sometimes only engaging in the objects that they want and these don't necessarily have to be humans. The relationship and networking MO of this individual seems so much like Fi something maybe SEE. Seems social and gregarious...Yeah I conclude, SEE.
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    I don't know...my sister doesn't act like that drunk or not. ESE, like LSE can seem antisocial sometimes only engaging in the objects that they want and these don't necessarily have to be humans. The relationship and networking MO of this individual seems so much like Fi something maybe SEE.
    You think ESE can seem antisocial, and since he's hyper social you thought maybe SLI? It's like Socionics opposite world.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mariella View Post
    You think ESE can seem antisocial, and since he's hyper social you thought maybe SLI? It's like Socionics opposite world.
    I was wrong. I thought a drunk SLI, but I'm still wrong.
    -

Mentioned
    Post(s)
    Tagged
    Thread(s)

Yeah, I've been thinking ESE. Although I was also considering LSE--is there any reason why he would be alpha quadra over delta?

Something else about him, he was a dual major in college, Gender Studies and English Literature with minors in Asian Studies and Political Science. And he's asian too btw. He's very liberal and a community activist, and very PC! He told me that he doesn't believe in the institution of marriage and he believes in loving freely..

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think LSE is possible too. We'd have to figure out whether he values Fe or Fi. The atmosphere sounds very Fe, which is what made me thing ESE, but him sticking by your little group instead of wandering might mean Fi>Fe, and his ordering everyone's food does sound like it could have come from an LSE potentially (though an ESE could do that too), but anyway LSE sounds very possible too. It's hard to give 100% typings based on limited information from a third source (which would be you), so you aren't going to get any absolute typing or anything, but it sounds like you're looking at the right things.
    -Mark Twain

Mentioned
    Post(s)
    Tagged
    Thread(s)

Would both ESFJ and ESTJ make a big deal out of the fact that he's my assistant store manager? So when we hang out he always goes, "outside of work it's just you and me, no titles involved".

But then at the same time he'll get kinda embarrassed that I'm there to see the big bad ASM wasted

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I think LSE is possible too. We'd have to figure out whether he values Fe or Fi. The atmosphere sounds very Fe, which is what made me thing ESE, but him sticking by your little group instead of wandering might mean Fi>Fe, and his ordering everyone's food does sound like it could have come from an LSE potentially (though an ESE could do that too), but anyway LSE sounds very possible too. It's hard to give 100% typings based on limited information from a third source (which would be you), so you aren't going to get any absolute typing or anything, but it sounds like you're looking at the right things.
    Actually, LSE would rather everyone order their own food; they are not intrusive like that. My SLI dad is far far more likely to order for everyone (that caregiving feature) than my LSE cousin who usually asks people what they want. ESE are like LSE with this regard as well. Again, based on the sociability of this individual and his super gregarious nature, I doubt that he's observing the situation as an E type. He seems to revel in the attention...ummm...I'd still say SLI or SEE.

There are egoist, enflamed heads out there like some SLI who want to be seen and known by everyone and want to feel important.
    -

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love it when someone orders for me.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I went on a date with an LSE and ordered my food, it just so happened that he liked the same thing as I did. Except his taste buds were a little more sophisticated than mine; he ordered the appetizer and the desert. Oh that Si...
    -

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually, LSE would rather everyone order their own food; they are not intrusive like that. My SLI dad is far far more likely to order for everyone (that caregiving feature) than my LSE cousin who usually asks people what they want. ESE are like LSE with this regard as well. Again, based on the sociability of this individual and his super gregarious nature, I doubt that he's observing the situation as an E type. He seems to revel in the attention...ummm...I'd still say SLI or SEE.

There are egoist, enflamed heads out there like some SLI who want to be seen and known by everyone and want to feel important.
    You're talking about a couple of specific people and extrapolating from that how the whole type would act. And I have serious doubts about your typing ability in the first place. I've seen ESEs order for people and I've seen LSEs order for people. My husband never orders for me, so should I assume SLIs never order for people?
    -Mark Twain

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

You're talking about a couple of specific people and extrapolating from that how the whole type would act. And I have serious doubts about your typing ability in the first place. I've seen ESEs order for people and I've seen LSEs order for people. My husband never orders for me, so should I assume SLIs never order for people?
    You're doing that actually not me. You're extrapolating that this person is ESE based on What exactly? You and I already agreed that ESE like LSE can be rather antisocial.
    -

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would rather see EIE. I was inclined to think that from the OP, then there came two additional things:
    - that titles at work - no titles outside sounds to me non-ESE, sounds Aristocratic anyway. So I could see LSE, just I can't imagine them talking so explicitly about the difference;
    - "non-profit activist" wtf, I immediately think of EIE then I rather try to find out why he's not than why he is . I have a hard time seeing LSE and even ESE as a blah-blah activist for no profit but future bush-birds in his hand.
    Shock intuition, diamond logic.

The16types.info Scientific Model

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

It is. Maritsa reminds me of Alice in Wonderland.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

fwiw (not much), my ESE husband would never order for anyone. He always asks people what they want and gets antsy when they can't decide. Refuses to make the decision himself because he doesn't want to be responsible if it's later deemed a bad decision. This goes for everything, not just food. Everything from what color we paint the walls to where we go on vacation to what kind of car to buy. It's the anxiety of an E-6 maybe too.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ExFx type for sure. I'd go for a resolute if I am allowed to extrapolate from this single episode (i.e. saying "Exchange, Now!), thus either EIE or SEE.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You're doing that actually not me. You're extrapolating that this person is ESE based on What exactly? You and I already agreed that ESE like LSE can be rather antisocial.
    Anyone has potential to be antisocial at times, but I never agreed that ESEs are generally antisocial. I said you have some kind of opposite world view of Socioncs.
    -Mark Twain

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    ExFx type for sure. I'd go for a resolute if I am allowed to extrapolate from this single episode (i.e. saying "Exchange, Now!), thus either EIE or SEE.
    Yes, thank you!!!!!

Anyone has potential to be antisocial at times, but I never agreed that ESEs are generally antisocial. I said you have some kind of opposite world view of Socioncs.
    All you do is assume I'm wrong. Why don't you, from now on, just state your opinion and I will do mine and we won't cross paths, as a suggestion.
    -

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

my impression was ESE too. LSE would be one of my very last guesses. reminded me of someone i typed SLE also.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, thank you!!!!!
    No, that doesn't mean I think ESEs are antisocial. I think they have a different approach towards socialization, less blunt.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SLI?? Good lord. No. It exhausted me just reading the description about this guy. I'd get pretty irritated if someone ordered for me.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Chapter 1 – Down the Rabbit Hole: Maritsa is bored sitting on the riverbank with her sister, when she notices a talking, clothed White Rabbit with a pocket watch run past. She follows it down a rabbit hole when suddenly she falls a long way to a curious hall with many locked doors of all sizes. She finds a small key to a door too small for her to fit, but through which she sees an attractive garden. She then discovers a bottle labelled "TYPE ME" the contents of which cause her to shrink too small to reach the key. A cake with "TYPE ME" on it causes her to grow to such a tremendous size her head hits the ceiling.

Chapter 2 – The Pool of Tears: Maritsa is unhappy and cries and her tears flood the hallway. After shrinking down again due to a fan she had picked up, Maritsa swims through her own tears and meets discojoe, who is swimming as well. She tries to make small talk with him but all she can think of talking about is his neck, which offends discojoe.

Chapter 3 – The Caucus Race and a Long Tale: The sea of tears becomes crowded with other animals and birds that have been swept away. Maritsa and the other animals convene on the bank and the question among them is how to get dry again. Discojoe gives them a very dry lecture on William the Conqueror. Obersturmführer decides that the best thing to dry them off would be a Caucus-Race, which consists of everyone running in a circle with no clear winner. Maritsa eventually frightens all the animals away, unwittingly, by talking about discojoe's neck.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Starfall View Post
    He's obviously strong in and . He goes around supporting a positive social atmosphere, while being very attentive to peoples physical needs at the same time. Sounds like the guy would be very good with networking.
    Sounds to me like the "honor" to order you something than taking care of physical needs. My IEI friend often "takes care of the physical needs" of people in the club, especially me, in some money-wasting camaraderie outbursts.

Taking care of people and spending money with them - usually to strengthen relationships or boosting your presence - are two different things, I doubt that hunger and thirst were the issue there.

Mentioned
    Post(s)
    Tagged
    Thread(s)

He feels really embarrassed/offended whenever someone is better than him at something cause he thinks he's the best at everything. He toots his own horn sooo much. Which is funny because me and one of our mutual friends are both better at him at a lot of things (except networking, cause he owns in that) so whenever we do things faster or better he starts blushing and defending himself. When we work together and he walks past behind me he'll mutter something like "are you trying to beat me!??" not in a mean way though, but I can tell he's getting really competitive. He refers to us as "frenemies"

He's very, very directive. So much so that a lot of times he apologizes right after for possibly coming across as mean or condescending--he's not really sorry about it though lol. I'm not sure if he could be SEE because then his dual would be ILI? And I can't see an ILI taking his ordering them around very well

Maybe some V.I. will help?

The group he's with:

Annoyed:

Mentioned
    Post(s)
    Tagged
    Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Absurd View Post
    Chapter 1 – Down the Rabbit Hole: Maritsa is bored sitting on the riverbank with her sister, when she notices a talking, clothed White Rabbit with a pocket watch run past. She follows it down a rabbit hole when suddenly she falls a long way to a curious hall with many locked doors of all sizes. She finds a small key to a door too small for her to fit, but through which she sees an attractive garden. She then discovers a bottle labelled "TYPE ME" the contents of which cause her to shrink too small to reach the key. A cake with "TYPE ME" on it causes her to grow to such a tremendous size her head hits the ceiling.

Chapter 2 – The Pool of Tears: Maritsa is unhappy and cries and her tears flood the hallway. After shrinking down again due to a fan she had picked up, Maritsa swims through her own tears and meets discojoe, who is swimming as well. She tries to make small talk with him but all she can think of talking about is his neck, which offends discojoe.

Chapter 3 – The Caucus Race and a Long Tale: The sea of tears becomes crowded with other animals and birds that have been swept away. Maritsa and the other animals convene on the bank and the question among them is how to get dry again. Discojoe gives them a very dry lecture on William the Conqueror. Obersturmführer decides that the best thing to dry them off would be a Caucus-Race, which consists of everyone running in a circle with no clear winner. Maritsa eventually frightens all the animals away, unwittingly, by talking about discojoe's neck.
    Lmao

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Maritsa has Se and Si mixed up.

LOL @ absurd's Maritsa in Wonderland story!!

I think this guy is Se dominant. though in the pic he sort of reminds me of Numbers.
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WorkaholicsAnon View Post
    I think this guy is Se dominant.
    Yeah based on skittles' last post, yeah. LOL @ being in a challenge with your subordinates and excusing to them for asking (aka *wanting*) them to do something.

For different reasons I can see SLE, just not SEE. First is that explicitness in clarifying that hierarchy is just a tool for work (the way I take it), which sounds both Aristocratic and SLE > SEE. I have experience with SEE in command, outside work they leave their influence manifest freely and affect people if possible, it all goes without words: it's not necessary to do what he/she says, but you can predict how that will affect his/her whims on Monday morning (or an even larger period), LOL! I mean it.

(can't tell anything VI-wise, but the stance in the second pic reminds me of the stance of a SLI and a SLE I know - "we're cool now, man" )

Edit: maybe this is not type-related, but as long as all SLE males I can think of are tall, I should ask: is he taller than most others/Asians?
    Last edited by The Ineffable; 02-28-2011 at 02:14 AM.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree - additional information + pictures point to SEE or SLE possibly.
    -Mark Twain

Mentioned
    Post(s)
    Tagged
    Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt View Post
    Yeah based on skittles' last post, yeah. LOL @ being in a challenge with your subordinates and excusing to them for asking (aka *wanting*) them to do something.
    I think he's like this because his last manager got on him for his "tone of voice", also our current manager said something about it too.

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt View Post
    Edit: maybe this is not type-related, but as long as all SLE males I can think of are tall, I should ask: is he taller than most others/Asians?
    Interesting that you say this because he's actually the tallest person in our store, I think he's probably 6'??

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

SLI - like I typed originally. So what if he's a cocky SLI; haven't we seen some of those around? Yup we certainly have.

Quote Originally Posted by Absurd View Post

You were once very mature, or at least that's the impression you gave. I don't know what happened to you.
    -

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by octopuslove View Post
    The SEEs I know tend to brag about their "special" relationships with influential people though, does he do that?
    I observed that on some of mine, too. LIEs too, up to some extent, though more like "but he's no biggie, let me tell you" .
    Bolt: The most SLE-ish SLE I know is really short. He seems a lot bigger than he actually is though.
    May be just a coincidence, I don't take this seriously, though so far there is certainly a correlation with height on my sample.
    Are you talking about a male, btw?

TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by redbaron View Post
    I love it when someone orders for me.
    That was going to be the main phrase of "The A-Team". Eventually, the expression "I love it when a plan comes together" was the chosen one.
    ILE "Searcher"
    Socionics: ENTp
    DCNH: Dominant --> perhaps Normalizing
    Enneagram: 7w6 "Enthusiast"
    MBTI: ENTJ "Field Marshall" or ENTP "Inventor"
    Astrological sign: Aquarius

To learn, read. To know, write. To master, teach.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Starfall View Post
    Your IEI is one in a million, because I would never even notice or think to do that kind of stuff or it could just be a guy thing. SLE on the other hand goes all out as far as buying everyone drinks/dinner.

Anyway, I was more referring to how the guy was going around checking to see if people were alright & having fun.
    yeah, SLE do that too with their friends. They are less likely to do so with people they don't know.
    -

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

You were once very mature, or at least that's the impression you gave. I don't know what happened to you.
    I washed my eyes with water and don't take this as an invitation to type me 4th quadra - 3 is enough. Times like this I'm glad there's not more quadras than 4, seriously. Practise that on Ryu - I'm not taking it up the arse.

But that's past, I hope, and to show you how I am concerned about your well-being, just to flex my caregiver nature, I'm wanted to ask you: "have you had anything substantial inside you in the morning ?"

TIM
    ENTp or ILE
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So was this guy drunk?

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sk1ttlez View Post
    He feels really embarrassed/offended whenever someone is better than him at something cause he thinks he's the best at everything. He toots his own horn sooo much. Which is funny because me and one of our mutual friends are both better at him at a lot of things (except networking, cause he owns in that) so whenever we do things faster or better he starts blushing and defending himself. When we work together and he walks past behind me he'll mutter something like "are you trying to beat me!??" not in a mean way though, but I can tell he's getting really competitive. He refers to us as "frenemies"
    Hm, that last bit could point to . However, note that male ESEs (and sometimes SEIs) are often EXTREMELY competitive. The first part is entirely consistent with ESE. I would only consider ESE, SEE, or SLE (SLE might be stretching it a bit - the showoffy-ness points to ethics). Ashton and Maritsa don't really have any idea what they're talking about, to be honest.

He dresses a little bit snazzier than I'd expect an type to, but his expressions don't rule out ESE IMO.

Mentioned
    Post(s)
    Tagged
    Thread(s)

The bit about being offended when someone is better than him sounds EIE. Also I don't think Se bases tend to toot their own horns as much, bragging too much comes from self-doubt and Se-bases don't need outside affirmation in that respect, they tend to be quieter about their achievements unless challenged. The SEEs I know tend to brag about their "special" relationships with influential people though, does he do that?
    This is what I wanted to know. He does need a lot of affirmation. He also cares a lot about being the best. I would say he's a competitive person overall, he only jokes about it cause it's work and it wouldn't be "professional" to get upset over it.. but yeah outside of work he's pretty much openly annoyed whenever someone's better lol. I know exactly what you're talking about with SEE's and their special relationships cause I knew one like that, and I'd have to say he doesn't do it nearly as much, although he is proud of the fact that he knows so many people.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashton View Post
    He's all pent up and weirdly tense, and I don't think its just the height. Also, is he gay or something?
    Yes he is.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashton View Post
    Not that an ego can't be insecure—they can be unconfident shit heads just as much as anybody else. It would just be unusual for it to manifest like this.
    Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush View Post
    Hm, that last bit could point to . However, note that male ESEs (and sometimes SEIs) are often EXTREMELY competitive. The first part is entirely consistent with ESE. I would only consider ESE, SEE, or SLE (SLE might be stretching it a bit - the showoffy-ness points to ethics). Ashton and Maritsa don't really have any idea what they're talking about, to be honest.

He dresses a little bit snazzier than I'd expect an type to, but his expressions don't rule out ESE IMO.
    I'm really considering ESE because my ex is one and they're a lot alike. She was REALLY competitive. A lot of people would be surprised whenever it came out in her cause she has a very demure appearance. Maybe he dresses snazzier cause he's gay? Also I told her about him and she said she would probably not get along with him because he dresses better than her and he's more successful. Lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast