Thread: yours and your mother's concerns

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Director Abbie View Post
    Fourth Child: She wanted a child with more spunk and would like someone to help with physical work.
    Result: An athletic SLE.
    And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.
    And God saw the light, and it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness.
    And the Devil said, This is Director bullshit: and he was sent to hell.
    And the Devil said, Conquerors are strong but lazy bastards, Thy mother shall get no help.
    And God said, No, begone beast.
    And the Devil lit a cigar and said, Wanna bet?
    And God said, No: and there was no more evil in Heaven.
    Shock intuition, diamond logic.

The16types.info Scientific Model

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Holy crap, I knew it.

I'm pretty sure I know identical twins that are EIE and ESE respectively. Type is not genetic.

Also, lol at BS hypotheses making it into the wikipedia article. Their hypothesis still doesn't explain why twins have different types, does it? edit: sorry...I should read the thread before responding, lol. And yes, somebody should edit that article for bias.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

screw the validity or lack thereof in the wiki article. it's not even on the level of hypothesis yet. but it's still a cool idea...and one that may yet have merit.

director abbie: yes this is exactly what i was looking for...to see if there are correlations. and those are great examples.

i was thinking temperament could be genetic...but the specific ordering of the IM's in the child's model A could be maternally influenced. i think it's obvious that moms look for certain things in their kids and put them on missions in life. but if you think about it....if it is the ordering of the IM's that they have influence over, it's still a pretty big influence.

like if the child was born EP, then the mom could influence type expression with a resulting ILE, IEE, SLE, or SEE, all very different people.

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can see how being more or less stressed can cause differences as stress affects hormones and hormones affect pregnancy. I'm very skeptical of the specific concerns and thoughts that specifically affecting the fetus.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

found this: looks to be the original article referenced on the wiki

The Process of Human Birth, Basic Perinatal Matrices and Informational Metabolism Type

Within the bounds of the research work performed in Dobrye Lyudi (Good People) Social Adaptation Center symbols and images of the Basic Perinatal Matrices first described by S.Grof (restored recollection of the child's own birth experience) have been discovered in course of detecting informational metabolism types in folk tales. From here a hypothesis of correlation between the so called basic perinatal matrices (BPM) and informational metabolism types (IMTs) has arisen. The author's methodology of Unzipping Psycho-Energetic Memory (UPEM) allowed starting research in this field. The methodology allows recollecting one's own experience of birth in either direct or symbolic sensations, which in turn allows determining at which BPM the patient is fixed. Knowing his informational metabolism type, it is easy to make correlation between the BPM and the quadra. Preliminary results of the research confirm the correlation between the informational metabolism type and the BPM.
    Key words: process of birth, basic perinatal matrix, informational metabolism type, symbol, archetype, image, folk tale.

ILE

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ILE

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mariella View Post
    I can see how being more or less stressed can cause differences as stress affects hormones and hormones affect pregnancy. I'm very skeptical of the specific concerns and thoughts that specifically affecting the fetus.
    Yeah, this sounds more plausible. There is still the question about twins, though...

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Third Child: She was worried about the age gap and wanted a child who would get along well with the other. She was also concerned because she had to find a new hospital and wanted the most natural birth possible.
    Result: An easygoing SEI.
    I would like to mention that "repressed" does not mean "easygoing", if the case. He's not a pet and I'm in doubt whether you pay much attention to tell the difference, though I like to think that you do. Having that you're Te-Base and he's Te-PoLR, still you state that he's "easygoing" sounds terrifying to me.

(This haunted me since I read that post, yes. I have seen how damaging is for an SEI to grow in the shadow of a LSE and I can easily connect the lack of freedom with eating too much, too.)

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt View Post
    I would like to mention that "repressed" does not mean "easygoing", if the case. He's not a pet and I'm in doubt whether you pay much attention to tell the difference, though I like to think that you do. Having that you're Te-Base and he's Te-PoLR, still you state that he's "easygoing" sounds terrifying to me.

(This haunted me since I read that post, yes. I have seen how damaging is for an SEI to grow in the shadow of a LSE and I can easily connect the lack of freedom with eating too much, too.)
    I asked him whether I was bossy and he said that I'm not bossy, I'm demanding, and it's easy to ignore demands. I've found it's easier to get him to do things for a stupid reason than for a good reason. My IEE dad gets along worse with him because he expects him to be like an IEE or an SLI and thus doesn't understand him at all.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I asked him whether I was bossy and he said that I'm not bossy, I'm demanding, and it's easy to ignore demands. I've found it's easier to get him to do things for a stupid reason than for a good reason. My IEE dad gets along worse with him because he expects him to be like an IEE or an SLI and thus doesn't understand him at all.
    I understand. Note that I'm not referring to bossiness, but rather limiting his horizons. I now recall that I was living with a LSE cousin - she was quite some years older than me and my brother - she couldn't order me what to do, still I felt her mental pressure. From what I can recall, once outraged me by breaking my magpie eggs (IN MY ABSENCE, the bitch), other time she pressed me to break-open the turtle ones for the reason their time was up for long. Yes, she was right, the time was up, but I had to discover that, I need to see all the "whys" and "hows" and it's for no use to me to be told that things are a certain way if I don't understand/experience them. In fact, as I don't know for sure what happened to those magpie eggs because I didn't see them myself - words are just words - nor I was compared the incubation time vs the time they were left there, I still don't believe her today; to me, she remained - based on that case and similar ones - a totally unreliable and often dishonest person, so I tend to oppose and distrust her in any situation that I can't verify - basically doing the opposite of what she says, when I'm unsure, because what she says now sounds like bullshit.
    (btw, one turtle egg contained a black mummified little turtle, like a gem, which my mother - another Ej type - considered garbage and threw away without admitting it)

So this is the problem, Alpha Irrational children need to discover everything by themselves, without being told what's true or false, good or bad, right or wrong - apart for general lines, lawfulness - otherwise they may become confused rebels without a cause: a really embarrassing personality trait, being irrationally undisciplined without an intellectual support for it (intellectual base that again, Alpha Irrationals IMO can get solely by having this freedom to discover and decide).
    The same thing I observe in my gf, she's the same "rebel" with her LSE mother and often other people, rarely on actual reasonable grounds. And guess what, I recently heard her mother blaming herself for letting her daughter making her studies in a remote city (my city, actually), she still believes that "too much freedom" made her so obstinate, while in fact it's the opposite!

So yeah, when I was saying "pet" I was rather thinking of keeping it in a leash/yard (limited world of ideas and facts), rather than daily commanding/enforcing. Btw, I observed that pets used with the outside tend to come back, the others tend to get lost .

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt View Post
    So yeah, when I was saying "pet" I was rather thinking of keeping it in a leash/yard (limited world of ideas and facts), rather than daily commanding/enforcing. Btw, I observed that pets used with the outside tend to come back, the others tend to get lost .
    I don't supervise him into holding back. The challenge is getting Squishy to move. With the pet analogy, I need a carrot on a string, not a leash.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The challenge is getting Squishy to move. With the pet analogy, I need a carrot on a string, not a leash.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12