Thread: Care to type this person? (By traits)

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Care to type this person? (By traits)

-Has wanted to be an artist since at least 4th grade, and is currently one of the best at his art school
    -Is very achievement oriented at school, but loves to party with friends when at home, usually focused around drinking, talking about funny stuff, and playing video games (either ridiculous or fantasy-oriented; not like Halo)
    -Related to the above, he is usually the host, and prefers it that way
    -Adept at handling social situations; currently works as a painting teacher for classes of around 20 people and is good at getting people to relax and enjoy themselves when their painting is not going well
    -Considers himself a "Pleasure/Adventure Seeker"
    -Is very interested in sex psychology, somewhat interested in personality, and good at geometry
    -Claims not to hold grudges, even when he thinks he probably should
    -Narcissistic (dresses so that he looks nice even when no one will see him), but mostly nice
    -Likes to take risks and do things that are against the law for the rush of it
    -Pretty much just paints in his spare time, and has commented "I feel like painting, but that doesn't involve you guys" when company overstayed due to being snowed in

I'm fairly confident I know his type, but there are a few question marks.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Ok, I can't type on that description. Sorry.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is it descriptions in general (i.e. no VI), or is there some type of information you needed to see?

TIM
    H-ILE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Total shot in the dark here, but given what you said he sounds like he is in control of his environment, sort of moody about what he does, not afraid to be blunt with people (probably not an IXFp people,) I would guess ESXp, (SLE or SEE,) probably favoring the SLE typing a bit due to some of that sort of crass sounding moodiness, but either is possible and I don't know enough to say. I know an SEE who is quite similar to what you described.

Arctures: delta just produces boring people
    Arctures: but that's how we like it

vero: who needs a real person
    vero: That's why I date an SLI

dolphin: someone tell gulanzon adjusting shower water to the right temperature is not si

Kraezz: you just have to do the ****** thing sometimes

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd type him as SEE, though apparently the important details are not being presented.

TIM
    H-ILE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your description was much better than most people's
    ie He likes soup + he has nice hair + he is quiet, sometimes.

Arctures: delta just produces boring people
    Arctures: but that's how we like it

vero: who needs a real person
    vero: That's why I date an SLI

dolphin: someone tell gulanzon adjusting shower water to the right temperature is not si

Kraezz: you just have to do the ****** thing sometimes

TIM
    IEI-Ni 4w5 sx/so
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KazeCraven View Post
    I'd type him as SEE, though apparently the important details are not being presented.
    I would have typed him the same

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

-Has wanted to be an artist since at least 4th grade, and is currently one of the best at his art school
    what someone studies usually has no bearing on type.

-Is very achievement oriented at school, but loves to party with friends when at home, usually focused around drinking, talking about funny stuff, and playing video games (either ridiculous or fantasy-oriented; not like Halo)
    introvert, extraverts would want to do something unless the activity was, in itself, sitting around at home. But then, if this person was SEE, they would show signs of easy bordum.

-Related to the above, he is usually the host, and prefers it that way
    what makes you say that?

-Adept at handling social situations; currently works as a painting teacher for classes of around 20 people and is good at getting people to relax and enjoy themselves when their painting is not going well
    what kind of "relax" and enjoy? what does the person do for their guest?

-Considers himself a "Pleasure/Adventure Seeker"
    doesn't contradict Introverted typing. No real indication of what the person does whether it's Si or Se.

-Is very interested in sex psychology, somewhat interested in personality, and good at geometry
    If the person doesn't hail some moral values with regards to this then they may not be SEE.

-Claims not to hold grudges, even when he thinks he probably should
    does he? if yes than Fi valuing.

-Narcissistic (dresses so that he looks nice even when no one will see him), but mostly nice
    no bearing on type whatsoever.

-Likes to take risks and do things that are against the law for the rush of it
    not type related; can be an Si type and talk but not risk; can be an Se type, talk and risk. Which one is it?
    -Pretty much just paints in his spare time, and has commented "I feel like painting, but that doesn't involve you guys" when company overstayed due to being snowed in

I'm fairly confident I know his type, but there are a few question marks.

Umm anyone with a paintbrush and canvas can paint. An example:

SEE
    ESI
    EII
    LSI
    etc...you get my point.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    Even a tone deaf person can learn the notes.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    what someone studies usually has no bearing on type.
    I was using it because it points out that he's been committed to something since he was young, and that he seems to have little concern for "doing business"

what makes you say that?
    I've offered to have a party at my place, and he declines saying that his basement is the party place. He also talks as if the group were centered around him; I forget his exact words, but he basically said that if people "group themselves around me" then they like either art, pleasure-seeking, or ridiculous humor (the current subject at hand).

what kind of "relax" and enjoy? what does the person do for their guest?
    reassure the customers by his tone and words, though that doesn't mean he won't fix someone's painting for them if they're convinced it's terrible

If the person doesn't hail some moral values with regards to this then they may not be SEE.
    He's been committed to his girlfriend for several years now, but he really likes to know how to please her and himself, if you are referring to the sex psychology part.

does he? if yes than Fi valuing.
    We'll leave that one out, because I've never seen him be not nice to someone who didn't deserve it at the moment. (Most people are nice, so this says pretty much nothing.)

no bearing on type whatsoever.
    Hmmmm....

In general, he is rather vain yet unselfish, and will talk a great deal about himself if he thinks people will listen (needs no prompting). That should make the type relation more clear.

While I'm thinking about it, he is also quite aware of people's emotional states, to the point that he knows whether most people are not engaged, is pretty good at re-engaging people, and can tell when people are 'about to leave'.

not type related; can be an Si type and talk but not risk; can be an Se type, talk and risk. Which one is it?
    Takes the risk, though from what I've seen it's more "let's do this because it's fun and we're not supposed to" rather than "let's do this under the cops noses just because we can".

The point was that he just paints (or draws) and has over the years has picked up a few things but ultimately dropped them off and stuck to that. Yes, anyone could paint, but would every type be inclined to center their life around that? No; at least not in the way he does. And to clarify, he is focused on the skill it takes and creating fantasy characters (really into Final Fantasy, vampires, and his own story that he is creating). I've never seen him talk about anything conceptual regarding art, though he has alluded to the fact that "I will destroy you" (in a quasi-playful tone) when it comes to discussing the philosophy of art.