Thread: Dual-Type, DCNH, whatever else

Coldest of the Socion EyeSeeCold's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Dual-Type, DCNH, whatever else

What methods besides reading descriptions are there?
    (i)NTFS

An ILI at rest tends to remain at rest
    and an ILI in motion is probably not an ILI

31.9FM KICE Radio ♫ *56K Warning*
    My work on Inert/Contact subtypes

Socionics Visual Identification(V.I.) Database
    Socionics Tests Database
    Comprehensive List of Socionics Sites

Fidei Defensor

TIM
    SEER
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

Well, I suppose you'd need to read descriptions eventually. I mean, how else would you know what they even are and how they are different from each other? At the very least I'd think you would have to read the description of the information elements or what DCNH even is.

Creepy-male

Subtypes are ways of distinguishing people of the same type who nonetheless act differently to one another.

DCNH deals with J/P, I/E, and as a consequence Static/Dynamic. You could get a good fix on someone's DCNH subtype by determining which temperament they look more like relative to other representatives of that type.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Uniden View Post
    Well, I suppose you'd need to read descriptions eventually. I mean, how else would you know what they even are and how they are different from each other? At the very least I'd think you would have to read the description of the information elements or what DCNH even is.
    The context is "methods besides descriptions". It seems the more likely conclusion is that I have read the descriptions already rather than me not wanting to take the time to do so. At the least, why assume either one?

Quote Originally Posted by The Egbert Human View Post
    DCNH deals with J/P, I/E, and as a consequence Static/Dynamic. You could get a good fix on someone's DCNH subtype by determining which temperament they look more like relative to other representatives of that type.
    Specifics yo. You're bouncing around the issue.
    (i)NTFS

Socionics Tests Database

Fidei Defensor

Creepy-male

What sort of specifics do you want?

Contrarian Traditionalist Krig the Viking's Avatar
    TIM
    C-LII
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Presumably you're talking about how to find your subtype/energy type/persona type/whatever?

The best way, in my opinion, is to find as many people as you can that you're sure are the same type as you. Then start looking for differences. Are you more outwardly-oriented than most others of your type? You probably have an Extraverted subtype. Are you more absent-minded and oblivious to the physical world than others of your type? You're probably an Intuitive subtype. And so on.

The one caveat is that this method only works if you're very sure of your own base type and the base types of the people you're comparing yourself to.
    Quaero Veritas.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, comparing yourself to identicals of yours would be the way to go. I've lost interest in the process over the years, though. Without applying some form of rigor to the exercise there is just to little to base a decision on.

For now, I recommend people to type less precisely than 16 types, not more.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Egbert Human View Post
    What sort of specifics do you want?
    Practical ways of confirmation. I don't give subtypes much credit right now because I don't see the practical differences.

Quote Originally Posted by Krig the Viking View Post
    Presumably you're talking about how to find your subtype/energy type/persona type/whatever?
    Yes.

The best way, in my opinion, is to find as many people as you can that you're sure are the same type as you. Then start looking for differences. Are you more outwardly-oriented than most others of your type? You probably have an Extraverted subtype. Are you more absent-minded and oblivious to the physical world than others of your type? You're probably an Intuitive subtype. And so on.

The one caveat is that this method only works if you're very sure of your own base type and the base types of the people you're comparing yourself to.
    Okay, I have been using this method. The problem is that I can't separate accentuation from natural tendency. Nowhere is this accounted for.

I have identified Creative accentuation, and I do find myself to be more active(mentally, at least). I'm just not sure if that would entail ILI-Te.

Quote Originally Posted by labcoat View Post
    Yeah, comparing yourself to identicals of yours would be the way to go. I've lost interest in the process over the years, though. Without applying some form of rigor to the exercise there is just to little to base a decision on.

For now, I recommend people to type less precisely than 16 types, not more.
    This sounds reasonable, even though I'm pretty stuck on 16 types.
    (i)NTFS

Socionics Tests Database

Fidei Defensor

TIM
    SEER
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by EyeSeeCold View Post
    The context is "methods besides descriptions". It seems the more likely conclusion is that I have read the descriptions already rather than me not wanting to take the time to do so. At the least, why assume either one?
    Oh, sorry. My bad.