Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Need help typing kid at work

Introverted. Doesn't talk much at all unless you engage him. I am the extrovert when we are in one another's company.

He is into nerdy stuff, video games, still plays N64, etc. Loves Banjo-Kazooie.

He is very laid back and unassuming; he doesn't command attention, nor does he give any indication that he wants to. When you talk to him, he is polite and has a cheerful vibe. It's not that he doesn't complain or get pissed, etc., but he does so through this jovial filter that is pleasant to be around.

He is a freelance artist (he's 24, if that somehow helps), also into music. Plays guitar and has ten years of experience. Likes classic rock, pop punk, grunge.

Physically, he has a soft yet angular look. He's my build, tall and skinny. He has that nerdy kind of thing where the chin is receded slightly, and the nose is extended, giving him the look of a stereotypical high school smart kid, a look topped off by his glasses.

He gets enthusiastic when you mention including him in something he finds interesting. I talked about recruiting him into my band, and he was all impressed with my confidence and conviction about getting it done, and he readily agreed to collaborate with me to record demos.

I didn't get the feeling that my intensity or Se wackiness bothered him. He seemed totally unfazed by it. Not necessarily into it, but unfazed.

I asked him about writing his own lyrics, and he said he's always been scared to do so because he feels like he's somehow being arrogant or pretentious.

Also, related to the above, I asked if he had Facebook, and he said no, because -- once more -- he felt as though he were being arrogant and sending a "Look at me!" signal.
    Last edited by discojoe; 02-17-2011 at 11:21 PM.

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And if I had to guess his enneagram, I'd say phobic 6w5 sp/so.

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It seemed like my talking about the band stimulated his desire to achieve some kind of social status or reputation, but from within the safety having me, a confident (to him) and swaggering guy, being the one in charge. He mentioned always wanting to be in a band and play at venues, and along comes discojoe with the exact same goal and the drive to get it done.

Take that with a grain of salt, though. That's just a nebulous impression that I am not fully explicating.

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

His overall aura is sort of spastic, uncomfortable. Like he's fidgeting even if he's not moving.

TIM
    ILE/ENTp
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IP temperament stands out.

My guess: ILI/INTp

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SLI. Try not to piss him off DJ.
    ISTp
    SLI

Enneagram 5 with a side of wings.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrano View Post
    SLI. Try not to piss him off DJ.
    Hey, good guess
    (D)IEE~FI-(C)SLE~Ni E-5w4(Sp/Sx)/7w8(So/Sp)/9w1(sp/sx)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    1)
    A girl who I want to date, asks me: well first tell me how tall you are?
    My reply: well I will answer that, if you first tell me how much you weigh!

2)
    A girl I was dating said she was oh so great at sex etc, but she didn't do blowjobs.
    My reply: Oh I'm really romantic etc, I just will never take you out to dinner.

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm, I think he's ILI or IEI. Leaning IEI because he seems socially aware of coming off as awkward and doesn't make unintended, absurd comments, the way the ILIs tend to.

SLI isn't possible. He is an N, that is certain.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

is he trying to look indie? in anyway 'dark?'

the look you mention -- the semi-awkward but somewhat endearingly so look, is one I've noticed on IXFps.

If his favorite bands run more toward Modest Mouse, he might be alpha; more toward Nirvana, more likely beta.

Does he smile a lot, or is he more spacy?

Would you describe him as silly or goofy?

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

SLI

ignores wackiness, Fe PoLR
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html