Thread: Aging: Dynamics and Statics

Coldest of the Socion EyeSeeCold's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Aging: Dynamics and Statics

I don't think it's too far-fetched to propose a correlation. Quadras are already known to have certain atmospheres attached to them.

What I'm interested in is in how exactly does Dynamic/Static relate to biology.

OLD

[ arbitrary order; dynamics

]
    [ arbitrary order; statics

]
    [arbitrary order; dynamics

]
    [arbitrary order; statics

]

YOUNG

Thoughts?
    (i)NTFS

An ILI at rest tends to remain at rest
    and an ILI in motion is probably not an ILI

31.9FM KICE Radio ♫ *56K Warning*
    My work on Inert/Contact subtypes

Socionics Visual Identification(V.I.) Database
    Socionics Tests Database
    Comprehensive List of Socionics Sites

Fidei Defensor

Creepy-Korpsey

Eh, I'm often rather serious and can be a grumpy stick in the mud, but people tend to think I'm a good bit younger than my actual years, I'm ever in rude health, and I've never lost my sense of wonder for this funky world we're a part of. So regarding the validity of your model from my personal gamma perspective, yes, no, no, and no.

Mentioned
    Post(s)
    Tagged
    Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by EyeSeeCold View Post
    I don't think it's too far-fetched to pose a correlation. Quadras are already known to have certain atmospheres attached to them.
    yes, true, but you don't separate these by quadra. Basically, what you are proposing, is that is the oldest and the youngest. I can certainly see how your conclusion was reached, but I think that the complementary element also factors in, rather than solely , , , and . Or maybe I am not understanding this... but why did you only factor in extroverted elements? To me, a delta user seems "older" (that is a loaded word) than an alpha user, but it goes further, such as, LII seems older to me than ILE. EII seems older to me IEE. Hm... but there might be some personal distortion there. I think rationals generally appear to be older than their irrational mirrors.

Nevertheless... I don't see why you don't include introverted elements. > > > in my opinion. Wow... I love how that correlates perfectly to you saying > > > .

Regardless, I think there might be something to applying age to IM elements, but I'm not sure if doing so is useful in any way.
    What I'm interested in is in how exactly does Dynamic/Static relate to biology.
    What do you mean?
    Last edited by nil; 02-16-2011 at 09:59 PM.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the thing about the quadra "age" spectrum is that alpha is as much a continuation into old age from delta as it is a restart of the cycle. So alpha could just as well be seen as a "super old age" quadra as as a young one.

Also the age spectrum theorem is something generally to be taken with a grain of salt.

Feeling fucking fantastic golden's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The multitude of canned descriptions point out certain types as retaining their youthful qualities into old age (and IIRC these comments appear more often concerning women, not men, since, you know, a woman's appearance is so often still considered part of her value). Personally, I've seen people of all quadras who age well and who don't. In general, I'd say that intuitives may sometimes seem younger to me than sensors, but that's just an impression and may be skewed according to whom I've observed--it's not a random sample.
    LSI: “I still can’t figure out Pinterest.”

Me: “It’s just, like, idea boards.”

LSI: “I don’t have ideas.”

Coldest of the Socion EyeSeeCold's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Korpsey View Post
    Eh, I'm often rather serious and can be a grumpy stick in the mud, but people tend to think I'm a good bit younger than my actual years, I'm ever in rude health, and I've never lost my sense of wonder for this funky world we're a part of. So regarding the validity of your model from my personal gamma perspective, yes, no, no, and no.
    The thing is - I recognize that I too can be youngish/non-serious. It's hard to identify the right perspective I'm trying to take, but I think it is: How weighed down by the passage of time each type is.

Quote Originally Posted by nil View Post
    yes, true, but you don't separate these by quadra. Basically, what you are proposing, is that is the oldest and the youngest.
    I considered, Te and Ni oldest. ILI was deemed the oldest because it seems to feel the "passage of time" more than others.

I can certainly see how your conclusion was reached, but I think that the complementary element also factors in, rather than solely , , , and . Or maybe I am not understanding this... but why did you only factor in extroverted elements? To me, a delta user seems "older" (that is a loaded word) than an alpha user, but it goes further, such as, LII seems older to me than ILE. EII seems older to me IEE. Hm... but there might be some personal distortion there. I think rationals generally appear to be older than their irrational mirrors.

Nevertheless... I don't see why you don't include introverted elements. > > > in my opinion. Wow... I love how that correlates perfectly to you saying > > > .
    I couldn't figure out the inter-relation on an elemental level. My initial idea was at the level of types. But you have given me a new perspective. I'll have to take some time to think about it.

Regardless, I think there might be something to applying age to IM elements, but I'm not sure if doing so is useful in any way.

What do you mean?
    I think there could be something scientifically significant to, say, for example, being the archetype function and the mental aging of ILIs contrasted with and the youthful nature of ILEs.

Quote Originally Posted by labcoat View Post
    the thing about the quadra "age" spectrum is that alpha is as much a continuation into old age from delta as it is a restart of the cycle. So alpha could just as well be seen as a "super old age" quadra as as a young one.

Also the age spectrum theorem is something generally to be taken with a grain of salt.
    I understand the cyclical nature of the Quadras, which is why ILE and ILI were polarized.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden View Post
    The multitude of canned descriptions point out certain types as retaining their youthful qualities into old age (and IIRC these comments appear more often concerning women, not men, since, you know, a woman's appearance is so often still considered part of her value). Personally, I've seen people of all quadras who age well and who don't. In general, I'd say that intuitives may sometimes seem younger to me than sensors, but that's just an impression and may be skewed according to whom I've observed--it's not a random sample.
    Age as in skin deterioration?

I mean in terms of stress, outlook, understanding, wisdom etc.
    (i)NTFS

An ILI at rest tends to remain at rest
    and an ILI in motion is probably not an ILI

31.9FM KICE Radio ♫ *56K Warning*
    My work on Inert/Contact subtypes

Socionics Visual Identification(V.I.) Database
    Socionics Tests Database
    Comprehensive List of Socionics Sites

Fidei Defensor

Mentioned
    Post(s)
    Tagged
    Thread(s)

How weighed down by the passage of time each type is.
    I understand, so you are saying that you think, in general, dynamics are more weighed down by the passage of time (which I think I can agree with), and that specifically, is weighed down the most (which I think I can also agree with).

I mean in terms of stress, outlook, understanding, wisdom etc.
    Ok, then, so you mean the effects time has in general, not only how weighed down by time one is (I see that as the "stress" facet).

Hm... in these contexts, I may need to revise my model significantly... it seems you are referring to how one reacts to the passage of time rather than how mature one is [perceived to be], which is what I had figured you meant.