Thread: Alternative definitions for Jungian dichotomies

TIM
    LSI
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Alternative definitions for Jungian dichotomies

More Jon Niednagel (ISTj) stuff... He redefines the dichotomies to make it less confusing. I thought it was interesting:

Contrarian Traditionalist Krig the Viking's Avatar
    TIM
    C-LII
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting. My thoughts:

Extraversion/Introversion --> Front/Back: I don't particularly like this one. It may be true from a brain function perspective (which is an interesting field I'd like to look into more), but it doesn't help people understand what the dichotomy is about. When I explain it to people, I usually describe it as "outwardly-focused" and "inwardly-focused", which is oversimplifying a bit, but better than nothing.

Sensing/Intuition --> Empirical/Conceptual: I like "Conceptual" for "Intuition", and I often describe it like that to people ("big picture, concepts and ideas"). "Empirical" I'm less sure of. It's more of a Te word. But I understand where he's going with it. I usually describe this dichotomy to people as "details in the here-and-now" vs. "general concepts and impressions in the big picture".

Thinking/Feeling --> Inanimate/Animate: These may be true in a general sense (Logical types generally focus on inanimate subject matter, Ethicals on animate), but since socionics itself is an example of Logical examination of animate subject matter, I think it actually obscures the meaning of the dichotomy rather than clarifies it.

Judging/Perceiving --> Left brain/Right brain: I actually really like this. Certainly more people are familiar with the concept of Left brain/Right brain than are familiar with the specialized socionics definition of "Judging" and "Perceiving". I'm just a little cautious about whether the idea of Left brain/Right brain matches up 100% with Judging/Perceiving -- if it does, then I'm all for this way of describing the dichotomy.
    Quaero Veritas.

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If this is all true what this guy sais, then it would be great evidence of emperical findings etc blabla, that socionics is scientific proven.

Coldest of the Socion EyeSeeCold's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CILi View Post
    ?

That movement is both humorous and hypnotizing.
    (i)NTFS

An ILI at rest tends to remain at rest
    and an ILI in motion is probably not an ILI

31.9FM KICE Radio ♫ *56K Warning*
    My work on Inert/Contact subtypes

Socionics Visual Identification(V.I.) Database
    Socionics Tests Database
    Comprehensive List of Socionics Sites

Fidei Defensor