Thread: Greetings

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Greetings

I've been lurking around the forums (account-less) for a couple weeks now. I started reading Jung's work a while back through the lens of MBTI, unaware that Socionics was an active field of study. I'm delighted to find new insights into mental functions, but I've found myself confused by a lot of acronyms like HA and PoLR that I don't recognize and have difficulty dissecting. Enough so for me to break down and register.

So, hi: anyone care to lend a hand?

Contrarian Traditionalist Krig the Viking's Avatar
    TIM
    C-LII
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The answers to most basic questions can be found at the link Ashton provided, but I'll respond to the two you asked about...

HA is short for "Hidden Agenda", which is another name for the Mobilizing function (function #6). PoLR is short for "Point of Least Resistance", which is another name for the Vulnerable function (function #4). The order of the functions is also a little different in socionics than it is in MBTI, so be careful of that.

Here's the wikisocion page for the socionics functions: http://www.wikisocion.org/en/index.php?title=Functions

The other common function abbreviation you'll encounter is DS, short for "Dual Seeking", which is another name for the Suggestive function (function #5).

Let me know if you have further questions! The more specific the better -- "What does HA mean?" is more likely to get a response than "How does socionics work?", mostly because people are lazy.
    Quaero Veritas.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the help. I wouldn't think of asking "what is socionics?" but that doesn't mean that I wouldn't ask questions with a long winded answer. Now that I've actually outed myself, I'll probably ask more questions. Please be patient with me, I don't have a strong background in Socionics, but I'd like to build one.

I had actually stumbled across the socionics wiki before, and ironically, that's how I found 16types. But, a quick search of the wiki didn't turn up HA or PoLR (PoLR redirects to Model A, but that page doesn't define the Point of Least Resistnace).

Contrarian Traditionalist Krig the Viking's Avatar
    TIM
    C-LII
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cirnech View Post
    Thanks for the help. I wouldn't think of asking "what is socionics?" but that doesn't mean that I wouldn't ask questions with a long winded answer. Now that I've actually outed myself, I'll probably ask more questions. Please be patient with me, I don't have a strong background in Socionics, but I'd like to build one.
    No problem. We're helpful people around here.

Well, some of us are, anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Cirnech View Post
    I had actually stumbled across the socionics wiki before, and ironically, that's how I found 16types. But, a quick search of the wiki didn't turn up HA or PoLR (PoLR redirects to Model A, but that page doesn't define the Point of Least Resistnace).
    Thanks for pointing that out. I've fixed that -- HA, PoLR, and DS now link to the appropriate sections on the Functions page.

"Hidden Agenda" was linking to the Sergei Ganin page, but now it redirects to the Mobilizing Function section, with a link to the Ganin page. I figured most people searching for "Hidden Agenda" are looking for information on the Mobilizing function, not the small controversy over Ganin's interpretation of it.
    Quaero Veritas.